Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR 18:08 - Feb 5 with 4274 viewsMagic_Michu

I bloody hate QPR... and Saturday will be the sweetest victory of the season for me.

That is all.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

QPR on 18:13 - Feb 5 with 2986 viewsJon76

Will be so nice if they go down, just to show some clubs that throwing money at a team doesn't mean titles
QPR on 18:16 - Feb 5 with 2984 viewsorion3016

QPR on 18:13 - Feb 5 by Jon76

Will be so nice if they go down, just to show some clubs that throwing money at a team doesn't mean titles

Queens Portsmouth rangers with artful dodger steering the ship

Hope it sinks
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Be over there now after

QPR on 18:17 - Feb 5 with 2966 viewsMagic_Michu

And Bothroyd can slap his head down all the divisions

QPR on 18:18 - Feb 5 with 2964 viewsJackswan

QPR on 18:16 - Feb 5 by orion3016

Queens Portsmouth rangers with artful dodger steering the ship

Hope it sinks

About time we gave someone a good stuffing, roll on Saturday
QPR on 18:24 - Feb 5 with 2961 viewsMagic_Michu

QPR on 18:18 - Feb 5 by Jackswan

About time we gave someone a good stuffing, roll on Saturday

Their defence has looked pretty good in recent weeks and we're struggling to score... just hope it's not a 0-0

QPR on 18:33 - Feb 5 with 2951 viewsSwansNZ

I hate qpr too - who doesn't!

It would be bloody great to beat them on Saturday and a nice bonus would be if Reading and Southampton win too, that would drop them at least 9 points from safety

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

QPR on 18:34 - Feb 5 with 2949 viewsJackswan

QPR on 18:24 - Feb 5 by Magic_Michu

Their defence has looked pretty good in recent weeks and we're struggling to score... just hope it's not a 0-0

That's what I am afraid of!!
QPR on 18:39 - Feb 5 with 2944 viewsOldjack

It would be nice too put three more nails in their coffin

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

QPR on 19:09 - Feb 5 with 2925 viewsLANDOREROCKER

QPR on 18:39 - Feb 5 by Oldjack

It would be nice too put three more nails in their coffin

4-1
michu
dyer
williams
lamah
QPR on 19:30 - Feb 5 with 2914 viewsPedroJack

Lets stick another 5 past them!
QPR on 20:35 - Feb 5 with 2891 viewsKingTuck

QPR on 19:30 - Feb 5 by PedroJack

Lets stick another 5 past them!

I used to like old 'Arry, but since hes joined QPHAHA i cant stand the bloke!

QPR on 21:25 - Feb 5 with 2867 viewsPhileas_Fogg

QPR on 18:24 - Feb 5 by Magic_Michu

Thinking the same thing myself. It would be great to pick up another three points and doing the double over them but my gut feeling is a draw.
QPR on 21:42 - Feb 5 with 2863 viewsPinky

I don't like the club, the fans, the ownership or anything they stand for.

I'd love another 5-0 but I'd take any sort of win over them.
QPR on 14:52 - Feb 6 with 2821 viewsMagic_Michu

You do feel that they need a win soon... with Man U facing them after us then it's almost win or bust against us.

QPR on 16:08 - Feb 6 with 2814 viewsRogueTrooper

I've put them down for a 2-0 loss on the prediction league. I almost hate QPR as much as Cardiff, especially since the gobbing off at the start of the season. Wonder what Lawro will have them down for

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

QPR on 16:39 - Feb 6 with 2801 viewsClash

QPR on 16:08 - Feb 6 by RogueTrooper

I've put them down for a 2-0 loss on the prediction league. I almost hate QPR as much as Cardiff, especially since the gobbing off at the start of the season. Wonder what Lawro will have them down for

We are due a good attacking performance and Michu is due a goal or two.

Formally Know as THE CLASH!

QPR on 16:46 - Feb 6 with 2797 viewsShoeless_Joe

QPR everything that is wrong with modern day football. Hope we stuff them 6-0, but think it will be a goalless draw.
QPR on 22:55 - Feb 6 with 2767 viewsVincent_Vega

QPR on 16:46 - Feb 6 by Shoeless_Joe

QPR everything that is wrong with modern day football. Hope we stuff them 6-0, but think it will be a goalless draw.

I can see us having a score draw Saturday. No idea why, possibly cup final syndrome. Wouldn't mind though only 5 points from safety then

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

QPR on 23:52 - Feb 6 with 2746 viewsJuzzie

Hating us? It's not like we've won anything!! God forbid how people would act if we were top 6 and in all the latter stages of the cups.

Blimey, in 10 years we've gone from being sympathised to hated. I guess money does funny things to people's opinions.

Not saying I like it, not saying we've done it right (we haven't) but I guess we're just the fashionable club to hate at the moment. In a few years, another club will come along and spunk a s**t load of money down the drain and everyone will hate them instead.

Thanks for doing one over Chelsea, I'm really looking forward to the Carling Cup Final now that none of the big boys are in it.

QPR on 04:48 - Feb 7 with 2702 viewsJrod

QPR on 18:34 - Feb 5 by Jackswan

That's what I am afraid of!!

I'd take 0-0, we always seem to struggle against the team at the bottom of table.

2013 League Cup Champions

QPR on 04:57 - Feb 7 with 2701 viewsJrod

QPR on 23:52 - Feb 6 by Juzzie

Hating us? It's not like we've won anything!! God forbid how people would act if we were top 6 and in all the latter stages of the cups.

Blimey, in 10 years we've gone from being sympathised to hated. I guess money does funny things to people's opinions.

Not saying I like it, not saying we've done it right (we haven't) but I guess we're just the fashionable club to hate at the moment. In a few years, another club will come along and spunk a s**t load of money down the drain and everyone will hate them instead.

Thanks for doing one over Chelsea, I'm really looking forward to the Carling Cup Final now that none of the big boys are in it.

I've got nothing against QPR fans, it's not your fault, but the way your club is run is riduculous and in my opinion is the epitome of all that is wrong with football.

2013 League Cup Champions

QPR on 06:46 - Feb 7 with 2689 viewsorion3016

QPR on 23:52 - Feb 6 by Juzzie

Do you fear you will be the next Portsmouth?

Be over there now after

QPR on 06:51 - Feb 7 with 2689 viewsOutWestR

QPR on 21:42 - Feb 5 by Pinky

I don't like the club, the fans, the ownership or anything they stand for.

I'd love another 5-0 but I'd take any sort of win over them.

Curious to know why you hate QPR fans as I can't remember there ever being any real rivalry between our clubs? I guarantee the majority of us were made up that you beat Chelsea in the League Cup and most admire the way you've gone about things in the Prem.

Let's not forget here that as fans we don't have any say in who buys our club, nor how they run it. We don't have a say on who they appoint as manager, how much they charge us for tickets, or what they spend their money on in the transfer market. We're just long suffering fans who have to put up with it.

I couldn't really care less if everyone hates us, nobody gave a toss about us when we were reduced to bucket collections to pay wages in the third tier a few years ago. But your bitterness just makes you lot seem a bit more like your beloved countrymen a few miles up the M4.
QPR on 08:56 - Feb 7 with 2648 viewsdanehoop

QPR on 06:51 - Feb 7 by OutWestR

Curious to know why you hate QPR fans as I can't remember there ever being any real rivalry between our clubs? I guarantee the majority of us were made up that you beat Chelsea in the League Cup and most admire the way you've gone about things in the Prem.

Let's not forget here that as fans we don't have any say in who buys our club, nor how they run it. We don't have a say on who they appoint as manager, how much they charge us for tickets, or what they spend their money on in the transfer market. We're just long suffering fans who have to put up with it.

I couldn't really care less if everyone hates us, nobody gave a toss about us when we were reduced to bucket collections to pay wages in the third tier a few years ago. But your bitterness just makes you lot seem a bit more like your beloved countrymen a few miles up the M4.

To be fair, as most of the R's who have come on here have made clear, we actually rather admire how you have gone about things and wished that our owners had done something similar. Having come through some very dark years of appalling ownership and management we only seem to be coming out of the otherside since Rednapp arrived. Hughes and his whole approach was awful and the stupid spending and sales will take years to get over. Rednapp has actually reduced the wage bill and shipped out more than he has brought in since he arrived. Two big signings in Remy who on paper was a bargain (we'll see in practice) and Samba who basically fills a position we have been lacking for 3 years. The talk of wages and price paid in the press is well wide of the mark of those reported in the press.

As for all thats wrong in football, Southampton spent more than us on players this season and Newcastle even more than them. But obviously it's easier to pick on a pantomime villain which we became.

Tony Fernandes is a successful business man and Laksmi Mittal likewise one of the richest men in the world (who isn't putting anything into the club financially however). Fernandes is a nice bloke and a real fan. He has backed his managers each time and given them a chance to deliver. He was probably overly supportive of Mark Hughes though and there were signs of being taken to the cleaners after trusting Hughes' judgement in transfer dealings and contracts.

The contrast with the excellent stewardship that Huw Jenkins has followed couldn't be clearer. The incremental sensible investment and backing young ambituous managerial talent and players is a model. Not making desperate purchases and being thorough in dilligence before making an investment in either has to be the right way ahead. It's a structure we would love to have and seeing the way that Rednapp is trying to do things and the investment into the youth set up, training facilities and ideas for a new ground all look encouraging.

The question of course for us is whether we could survive the now almost inevitable drop at the end of the season. Fernandes has said they are there for the long term and his track record suggests that will be true. The level of spending is a concern clearly, but he has rightly pointed out that the club has been chronically underinvested in for a very long period - and that certainly is true for the 10 years before Fernandes arrived. It was only around ten years ago that we had bucket collections outside the ground to pay players wages. But the clear requirement is that we bounce back quickly if we hit the drop. It looks as if since Harry has arrived the stupid contracts have stopped, with clear relegation clauses and transfer arrangements designed to release players like Remy. Encouraging, but feels a bit like that sensible prudent planning was missed under Hughes and the bloated poor performing squad that he assembled will be a millstone for another year or two yet.

Again in comparison to your approach it couldn't be more different. Sensible business model, players and managers hungry for success and reasonable contracts which are sustainable. There would be little doubt that the Swans would survive a drop and come back quickly. But Jenkins has been doing this a little longer than Fernandes and understands the difference between being an enthusiatic owner and being a good chairman. This year the key for us is that Fernandes learns that and we go forward building in the future as you have.

Never knowingly understood

QPR on 09:33 - Feb 7 with 2634 viewsMagic_Michu

QPR on 08:56 - Feb 7 by danehoop

To be fair, as most of the R's who have come on here have made clear, we actually rather admire how you have gone about things and wished that our owners had done something similar. Having come through some very dark years of appalling ownership and management we only seem to be coming out of the otherside since Rednapp arrived. Hughes and his whole approach was awful and the stupid spending and sales will take years to get over. Rednapp has actually reduced the wage bill and shipped out more than he has brought in since he arrived. Two big signings in Remy who on paper was a bargain (we'll see in practice) and Samba who basically fills a position we have been lacking for 3 years. The talk of wages and price paid in the press is well wide of the mark of those reported in the press.

As for all thats wrong in football, Southampton spent more than us on players this season and Newcastle even more than them. But obviously it's easier to pick on a pantomime villain which we became.

Tony Fernandes is a successful business man and Laksmi Mittal likewise one of the richest men in the world (who isn't putting anything into the club financially however). Fernandes is a nice bloke and a real fan. He has backed his managers each time and given them a chance to deliver. He was probably overly supportive of Mark Hughes though and there were signs of being taken to the cleaners after trusting Hughes' judgement in transfer dealings and contracts.

The contrast with the excellent stewardship that Huw Jenkins has followed couldn't be clearer. The incremental sensible investment and backing young ambituous managerial talent and players is a model. Not making desperate purchases and being thorough in dilligence before making an investment in either has to be the right way ahead. It's a structure we would love to have and seeing the way that Rednapp is trying to do things and the investment into the youth set up, training facilities and ideas for a new ground all look encouraging.

The question of course for us is whether we could survive the now almost inevitable drop at the end of the season. Fernandes has said they are there for the long term and his track record suggests that will be true. The level of spending is a concern clearly, but he has rightly pointed out that the club has been chronically underinvested in for a very long period - and that certainly is true for the 10 years before Fernandes arrived. It was only around ten years ago that we had bucket collections outside the ground to pay players wages. But the clear requirement is that we bounce back quickly if we hit the drop. It looks as if since Harry has arrived the stupid contracts have stopped, with clear relegation clauses and transfer arrangements designed to release players like Remy. Encouraging, but feels a bit like that sensible prudent planning was missed under Hughes and the bloated poor performing squad that he assembled will be a millstone for another year or two yet.

Again in comparison to your approach it couldn't be more different. Sensible business model, players and managers hungry for success and reasonable contracts which are sustainable. There would be little doubt that the Swans would survive a drop and come back quickly. But Jenkins has been doing this a little longer than Fernandes and understands the difference between being an enthusiatic owner and being a good chairman. This year the key for us is that Fernandes learns that and we go forward building in the future as you have.

How do you think you'll survive when financial fair play comes in?

The wages your paying so many of your players is absolutely ridiculous for a club with a stadium under 20,000.

It just seems from our perspective to be crazy for a club of your size to be spunking £50k - £110k a week on players.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024