Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NFL Thread 14:33 - Jul 30 with 37122 viewsJonnyTheJack

Training camps started last week. Getting closer to it the season starting.

Hard Knocks starts again on the 6th of August. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1713991-hbo-bengals-hard-knocks-teaser-will-t
The NFL Thread on 16:13 - Jul 30 with 17885 viewsGONZO

Yep looking forward to it, hoping my Denver Broncos can have a real crack at the superbowl this year. Anyone know if Sky are showing hard knocks? If not it will be available on gamepass I presume..
The NFL Thread on 16:57 - Jul 30 with 17875 viewsBrynmill_Jack

At least the wrestling thread is dead.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The NFL Thread on 17:21 - Jul 30 with 17856 viewsJonnyTheJack

The NFL Thread on 16:13 - Jul 30 by GONZO

Yep looking forward to it, hoping my Denver Broncos can have a real crack at the superbowl this year. Anyone know if Sky are showing hard knocks? If not it will be available on gamepass I presume..

We have a great chance despite a shocking month off the field. Miller being banned for 4 games won't help. A 2-2 start won't be disastrous.
The NFL Thread on 17:41 - Jul 30 with 17854 viewsMJR

denver should be superbowl bound, will be very interesting in the AFC east considering the weapons brady has lost coupled with the pieces miami has put in place.
The NFL Thread on 19:47 - Jul 30 with 17832 viewscsf

Playoffs would be great for the Lions this year. Hoping for anoher season of magic from Megatron.
The NFL Thread on 20:59 - Jul 30 with 17824 viewsOmar

Johnny Football?

Interesting stuff going on in TC. Jeremy Maclin, Percy Harvin and Dennis Pitta seem to have picked up pretty serious injuries. QB competitions starting to simmer too but of course it's early days.
The NFL Thread on 16:10 - Aug 3 with 17783 viewsskewenman

The NFL Thread on 16:13 - Jul 30 by GONZO

can,t wait 4 the new season been a Browns fan since 1984 also I watch british football Swansea Titans in the winter and the South Wales Warriors in the summer next Sunday is their last home game . think the Browns will get to 8-8 this year
The NFL Thread on 18:39 - Aug 3 with 17694 viewscsf

Anybody do fantasy football? Started this year in two Auto-draft teams in the NFL managed version.
Login to get fewer ads

The NFL Thread on 18:50 - Aug 3 with 17678 viewscsf

Anybody do fantasy football? Started this year in two Auto-draft teams in the NFL managed version.
The NFL Thread on 19:21 - Aug 3 with 17595 viewsDavillin

Shall I prepare a "NFL Braggin' Rights Competition" for 2013? How many of you will play? Send me a PM if you want to have one, or, if you know my email address, email me. Thanks.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The NFL Thread on 20:09 - Aug 3 with 17526 viewsskewenman

The NFL Thread on 19:21 - Aug 3 by Davillin

Shall I prepare a "NFL Braggin' Rights Competition" for 2013? How many of you will play? Send me a PM if you want to have one, or, if you know my email address, email me. Thanks.

I,m in
The NFL Thread on 20:27 - Aug 3 with 17484 viewsswancock

Panthers fan here. How many of you are actually Welsh? Or are we a bunch of American Swans in here?
The NFL Thread on 20:38 - Aug 3 with 17458 viewscsf

The NFL Thread on 20:27 - Aug 3 by swancock

Panthers fan here. How many of you are actually Welsh? Or are we a bunch of American Swans in here?

Neither, English living in Swansea!!
The NFL Thread on 20:43 - Aug 3 with 17437 viewsswancock

The NFL Thread on 20:38 - Aug 3 by csf

Neither, English living in Swansea!!

How'd you start following American Football, if you don't mind me asking?
The NFL Thread on 20:52 - Aug 3 with 17426 viewscsf

The NFL Thread on 20:43 - Aug 3 by swancock

How'd you start following American Football, if you don't mind me asking?

I remember my Dad being into it when i was really young, think I remember him watching the '85 bowl. Knew of the Refrigerator back then. Was always into either the Cowboys or Redskins while lads at school went for the dolphins. But properly got back into it over the last few years, mainly the season the Saints won the Superbowl. Chose the Lions as my team and went from there. Watching America's game and NFL top ten on youtube has been my main input though
The NFL Thread on 21:05 - Aug 3 with 17417 viewsJonnyTheJack

The NFL Thread on 20:27 - Aug 3 by swancock

Yep Welsh. American Football is probably my 2nd favourite sport behind Football or as you call it Soccer.

Broncos fan btw.
The NFL Thread on 21:39 - Aug 3 with 17397 viewscsf

Probably been seen before but this makes me chuckle everytime i see it, Sharpe laughing at himself with Lewis is quality

The NFL Thread on 12:34 - Aug 4 with 17355 viewsMJR

i'm doing fantasy football, my draft is tonight only problem being that i have no understanding of fantasy football at all.

regards to the braggin rights competition, i'm in too
The NFL Thread on 13:33 - Aug 4 with 17343 viewsswancock

The NFL Thread on 12:34 - Aug 4 by MJR

i'm doing fantasy football, my draft is tonight only problem being that i have no understanding of fantasy football at all.

Well, I don't know how your league points are set up, but I'll try to give you as much generic advice as possible:

1) Your first pick should be the best QB available. (Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Matt Stafford, etc. I would be a little wary of Tom Brady and Robert Griffin III)
2) However; if you're one of the later picks in the first round and Adrian Peterson is available, go for it. There isn't much of a difference between the 10th QB off the board and the ~13th or something. And besides Adrian Peterson is a golden god.
3) Don't worry about a defense. You should pick one defense, and it should be your last pick.
4) Your first 3 picks should be either QB/RB/RB or QB/RB/WR. Picking a back up QB early is a waste of time.
The NFL Thread on 14:24 - Aug 4 with 17340 viewsMJR

The NFL Thread on 13:33 - Aug 4 by swancock

Well, I don't know how your league points are set up, but I'll try to give you as much generic advice as possible:

1) Your first pick should be the best QB available. (Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Matt Stafford, etc. I would be a little wary of Tom Brady and Robert Griffin III)
2) However; if you're one of the later picks in the first round and Adrian Peterson is available, go for it. There isn't much of a difference between the 10th QB off the board and the ~13th or something. And besides Adrian Peterson is a golden god.
3) Don't worry about a defense. You should pick one defense, and it should be your last pick.
4) Your first 3 picks should be either QB/RB/RB or QB/RB/WR. Picking a back up QB early is a waste of time.

so in short there are 10 picks? rodgers or kaepernick would be my prefered choice this year maybe brees or wilson. back up qb and defensive player 9th and 10th pick? from what i gather
The NFL Thread on 15:23 - Aug 4 with 17331 viewsswancock

The NFL Thread on 14:24 - Aug 4 by MJR

so in short there are 10 picks? rodgers or kaepernick would be my prefered choice this year maybe brees or wilson. back up qb and defensive player 9th and 10th pick? from what i gather

Well your number of picks is determined by your league. But it'll almost definitely be more than 10. Probably in the 12-15 range. I would say get your back up QB in the 4th or 5th round. Defense and Kicker can wait until your last two or three picks. I personally like to save my last pick for somebody completely under the radar, just on the off chance they might blow up.
The NFL Thread on 16:20 - Aug 4 with 17311 viewsJonnyTheJack

The NFL Thread on 12:34 - Aug 4 by MJR

QB's aren't going until the 4th/5th round. There's so much depth you can wait. Get RB's and WR's first.
The NFL Thread on 16:55 - Aug 4 with 17295 viewsItchySphincter

The NFL Thread on 16:57 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

At least the wrestling thread is dead.

It's not Brynny but only a select few are allowed to contribute.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The NFL Thread on 11:10 - Aug 5 with 17255 viewsGONZO

The NFL Thread on 19:21 - Aug 3 by Davillin

Not exactly sure what a Bragging Rights competition is I'm sure I'll be up for it though.

Also, with all this talk of fantasy football, are any of you lot up for playing in a Swans Fan fantasy football league? I've never organised/run one before but would be willing to give it a go, (unless anyone here has done it before and doesn't mind doing it again?) I guess we'll need a minimum of eight people, so let me know if you're interested and we'll try and get something going.
The NFL Thread on 11:49 - Aug 5 with 17252 viewsMJR

The NFL Thread on 11:10 - Aug 5 by GONZO

Not exactly sure what a Bragging Rights competition is I'm sure I'll be up for it though.

Also, with all this talk of fantasy football, are any of you lot up for playing in a Swans Fan fantasy football league? I've never organised/run one before but would be willing to give it a go, (unless anyone here has done it before and doesn't mind doing it again?) I guess we'll need a minimum of eight people, so let me know if you're interested and we'll try and get something going.

had my draft last night, this is the roster i ended up with

RB: doug martin, lamar miller, jonathan franklin

QB: russell wilson, rg3

WR: calvin johnson, jordy nelson, james jones, tavon austin, deandre hopkins, mike williams

TE: ed dickson, tyler eifert

K: blair walsh

DEF: ravens

in hindsight should have taken more running backs than wr's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024