Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vorm 00:36 - Aug 15 with 9926 viewsSwansforever

said this while on international duty. http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/332548/Michel-Vorm-warns-Swansea-he-co

"The 29-year-old Dutch goalkeeper was linked with Barca last summer as a possible replacement for Victor Valdes.

Valdes revealed he will not extend his contract beyond the end of this season.

And Vorm claims he would have to join Barcelona if they wanted him.

Vorm said: “There has never been a specific club, but if I am to believe the stories then Barcelona have been following me. Whether I’m good enough? Yeah, I’m good enough.”
Vorm on 00:57 - Aug 15 with 8814 viewsSwanjaxs

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Vorm on 04:47 - Aug 15 with 8691 viewsDavillin

Can that man not keep his mouth shut?

I'd grant his wish, hand him his hat, and point to the door. Wish him good luck and see who picks him up.

He's too good for us, you see. How many times does he have to suggest that publicly while fishing for big one to bite?

Yeah, I know I'm in the minority, but it's a good place to be on this one.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Vorm on 05:07 - Aug 15 with 8677 viewsnyc_swans

can't really fault him for saying that. if it was arsenal/liverpool it would be one thing, but if his aspiration is to play at the best club in the world i see no reason to take issue. he would end up making the swans quite a profit.
Vorm on 06:46 - Aug 15 with 8594 viewsJokeren1943

He is not good enough when playing against Real, Dortmund og Bayern.
Vorm on 07:00 - Aug 15 with 8571 viewsMattG

Vorm on 04:47 - Aug 15 by Davillin

Can that man not keep his mouth shut?

I'd grant his wish, hand him his hat, and point to the door. Wish him good luck and see who picks him up.

He's too good for us, you see. How many times does he have to suggest that publicly while fishing for big one to bite?

Yeah, I know I'm in the minority, but it's a good place to be on this one.

I really don't see a problem with this - as with most of these stories, there is no context given, i.e. what questions that led to those statements? And sorry, Dav, but if you think these comments, even taken together with others, are enough to warrant getting rid then you have to be barking.

To be honest, I'd be more worried if our goalkeeper publicly stated he didn't think he WAS good enough for Barcelona.
Vorm on 07:18 - Aug 15 with 8533 viewsorion3016

Vorm on 07:00 - Aug 15 by MattG

I really don't see a problem with this - as with most of these stories, there is no context given, i.e. what questions that led to those statements? And sorry, Dav, but if you think these comments, even taken together with others, are enough to warrant getting rid then you have to be barking.

To be honest, I'd be more worried if our goalkeeper publicly stated he didn't think he WAS good enough for Barcelona.

Where's the good post smily when you need it

Be over there now after

Vorm on 08:28 - Aug 15 with 8348 viewsmonmouth

One of our players wouldn't turn down Barca? Really?? Gosh.

News would be if one of our players said I would turn down Barca. He'd be a worry as he would be clearly insane. As always the question is the wrong - indeed a totally redundant - one. The only question that matters is ...do Barca want you; well do they Michel? No? Doesn't matter how much you wish it and say it really does it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Vorm on 08:54 - Aug 15 with 8257 viewsW_Hunt

Vorm on 07:00 - Aug 15 by MattG

It's tiresome having to point this out every time a reply to a journalist is taken out of context.

I can't see anything there that says he wants to play for Barca .

However, there isn't a footballer alive who doesn't to want to treble his wages and play for arguably the greatest team in the world...

Dav isn't barking, he's just terminally sanctimonious.
Login to get fewer ads

Vorm on 09:10 - Aug 15 with 8156 viewsSwansNZ

Straight swap for Messi and it's a deal.

Although, Messi might be a bit small to go in goals.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Vorm on 09:20 - Aug 15 with 8116 viewsJackSomething

What a sh*te article. It doesn't matter if he doesn't want to 'extend his contract beyond the end of this season' when he's already contracted to us until 2016!

As for the rest of it, nothing wrong with his comments. I'd be more concerned if one of our players said they have no interest in playing for the best team in the world. Thanks to the contract he signed last year, we'll be able to get a nice wedge for him and he'll leave with my thanks as being a great keeper for us.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Vorm on 12:05 - Aug 15 with 7914 viewsW_Hunt

Vorm on 09:20 - Aug 15 by JackSomething

What a sh*te article. It doesn't matter if he doesn't want to 'extend his contract beyond the end of this season' when he's already contracted to us until 2016!

As for the rest of it, nothing wrong with his comments. I'd be more concerned if one of our players said they have no interest in playing for the best team in the world. Thanks to the contract he signed last year, we'll be able to get a nice wedge for him and he'll leave with my thanks as being a great keeper for us.

It was Valdes who isn't renewing his contract...

Anyhoo - a complete non-story.
Vorm on 12:15 - Aug 15 with 7880 viewslonglostjack

It does irritate me that he feels the need to comment at all.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Vorm on 12:42 - Aug 15 with 7829 viewsyescomeon

I must be the only one who'd think one of our players would be a legend for saying they'd rather play for us than Barca.

Upthecity!

Vorm on 16:42 - Aug 15 with 7618 viewsRobertG69

To be honest, although he's a good keeper, I don't think Vorm is up to Barcelona standards, and most likely won't end up reaching that level at any point...

However, if Vorm really does end up leaving (although I doubt it), who would you think would be a good replacement for him?
Vorm on 16:51 - Aug 15 with 7573 viewswr72

It was Man Utd last month and probably Bayern Munich next.He's a top class keeper at a smallish sized club.It's every journalists dream and so so easy to write about.
Vorm on 17:01 - Aug 15 with 7552 viewsW_Hunt

Vorm on 12:15 - Aug 15 by longlostjack

It does irritate me that he feels the need to comment at all.

He's not shouting it from the rooftops - if a journalist asks him a question, a reply is usually taken out of context. If he says "no comment" then it's "Vorm tight-lipped over Barca move."
Vorm on 17:06 - Aug 15 with 7540 viewsDevz00

Vorm on 16:42 - Aug 15 by RobertG69

To be honest, although he's a good keeper, I don't think Vorm is up to Barcelona standards, and most likely won't end up reaching that level at any point...

However, if Vorm really does end up leaving (although I doubt it), who would you think would be a good replacement for him?

I'd honestly be more than happy with Tremmel playing in goals.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Vorm on 17:16 - Aug 15 with 7510 viewslonglostjack

Fair point

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:54 - Aug 15 with 7454 viewslonglostjack

Vorm on 17:01 - Aug 15 by W_Hunt

He's not shouting it from the rooftops - if a journalist asks him a question, a reply is usually taken out of context. If he says "no comment" then it's "Vorm tight-lipped over Barca move."

Vorm on 18:24 - Aug 15 with 7425 viewsDavillin

I don't care one whit what he thinks [or any player on any team] about where he'd like to play or who he "wouldn't turn down." We all know that every player has thoughts of that nature.

As I wrote, I just wish Vorm would keep his mouth shut about it.

And I'm not being "sanctimonious." I think he's being disrespectful to the club, his fellow players, and even supporters.

If you're not offended, fine, that's 100% your business - just please don't insult me if I am.

Vorm on 18:42 - Aug 15 with 7407 viewsW_Hunt

Vorm on 18:24 - Aug 15 by Davillin

I don't care one whit what he thinks [or any player on any team] about where he'd like to play or who he "wouldn't turn down." We all know that every player has thoughts of that nature.

As I wrote, I just wish Vorm would keep his mouth shut about it.

And I'm not being "sanctimonious." I think he's being disrespectful to the club, his fellow players, and even supporters.

If you're not offended, fine, that's 100% your business - just please don't insult me if I am.

See above - either he states the bleedin' obvious, appears to be insane or declines to comment.
He can't win whatever he does. Why are you offended - because he said he's good enough for Barca? Really? It was almost certainly a response to "are you good enough to play for Barca? What do think he should have said?

Why do we keep having these ludicrous debates every time a journalist asks a leading question?
Vorm on 20:25 - Aug 15 with 7305 viewsDavillin

Here's where you go astray.

There's nothing in the article cited that indicates in even the most subtle way that he was answering questions.

And even if he were answering a question, he can answer it in many other ways than you give. He could, for example, just laugh it off, or give an amusing non-answer like "Now, that be amazing" [and simultaneously not disrespect his club].

Vorm on 20:50 - Aug 15 with 7216 viewsW_Hunt

Vorm on 20:25 - Aug 15 by Davillin

Here's where you go astray.

There's nothing in the article cited that indicates in even the most subtle way that he was answering questions.

And even if he were answering a question, he can answer it in many other ways than you give. He could, for example, just laugh it off, or give an amusing non-answer like "Now, that be amazing" [and simultaneously not disrespect his club].

Do you think he held a press conference to tell everyone he was good enough for Barca?
Saying it would be "amazing" to play for Barca is ok , but saying he's good enough to play for Barca is disrepectful to us? Really?

Christ on a bike...
Vorm on 21:24 - Aug 15 with 7167 viewsDavillin

Vorm on 20:50 - Aug 15 by W_Hunt

Do you think he held a press conference to tell everyone he was good enough for Barca?
Saying it would be "amazing" to play for Barca is ok , but saying he's good enough to play for Barca is disrepectful to us? Really?

Christ on a bike...

Now, where does it say that he "held a press conference"?

To follow your logic, some reporter or reporters asked him some questions after the game. Reporters are more likely to initiate an impromptu "interview" after a game than for a player to hold a press conference. Shouted: "Hey, Michel, what's this we hear about Barcelona being interested in you?"

Vorm on 21:31 - Aug 15 with 7137 viewsDull1Thomas

DDV

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024