Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last season into this? 19:22 - Aug 26 with 13930 viewsGoodGodAlive

Out of the last 36 points we have collected 6. Over a season, that is about 19 points. We finished last season on a beach towel, and started this one admiring our tans and believing that pre season results made us a side ready to battle the top 6. Losing is a habit here now. What chance of us getting in some flair this week?
Last season into this? on 19:27 - Aug 26 with 6824 viewsmawdlamjack

p iss of t wat,go troll somewhere else

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Last season into this? on 19:29 - Aug 26 with 6816 viewsJackoBoostardo

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Last season into this? on 19:42 - Aug 26 with 6771 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Let's look at who we've played in those 12 games:

Man U x 2 - enough said.
Spurs x 2 - top 5 team.
Arsenal - who have more points in the last 12 PL games than any team.
Man C - enough said.
Chelsea - enough said.
WBA - we were robbed of a point.
Norwich - Good away point.
Southampton - Point and clean sheet.
Fulham - poor result which didn't reflect the performance on the final day of a wonderful season.

I'm not saying all is well by any means but let's get matters into perspective here.

Believe.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Last season into this? on 19:43 - Aug 26 with 6759 viewsGoodGodAlive

I can see why posters are leaving. If you post something that people don't agree with no debate. Just namecalling.

Our form is shocking. Has been since we won a cup.
Last season into this? on 19:54 - Aug 26 with 6724 viewsPlasticman

Last season into this? on 19:43 - Aug 26 by GoodGodAlive

I can see why posters are leaving. If you post something that people don't agree with no debate. Just namecalling.

Our form is shocking. Has been since we won a cup.

That's why we demolished Malmö and Petro? Because 'our form is shocking'?

Something tells me you need to get a grip

Plastic since 2012

Last season into this? on 20:09 - Aug 26 with 6688 viewsDr_Winston

Last season into this? on 19:54 - Aug 26 by Plasticman

That's why we demolished Malmö and Petro? Because 'our form is shocking'?

Something tells me you need to get a grip

We demolished Malmo and Petrolul because they were both shite.

We haven't started the season well. We haven't played particularly well since February. Not sure why those pointing that out are getting jumped on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Last season into this? on 20:14 - Aug 26 with 6677 viewsunion_jack

Last season into this? on 20:09 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

We haven't started the season well. We haven't played particularly well since February. Not sure why those pointing that out are getting jumped on.

Because they like to bury their heads in the sand!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Last season into this? on 20:16 - Aug 26 with 6673 viewswaynekerr55

Plus we still haven't got a second striker

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Last season into this? on 20:19 - Aug 26 with 6661 viewsDr_Winston

Last season into this? on 20:16 - Aug 26 by waynekerr55

Plus we still haven't got a second striker

That too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Last season into this? on 20:22 - Aug 26 with 6649 viewswaynekerr55

Last season into this? on 20:19 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

That too.

I know I'm going to get hell for this, but why the hell did we pay up Moore's contract when we clearly haven't got a back up option.

Quite how our Israeli nomad played so much last year leaves a bitter taste in my mouth

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Last season into this? on 20:29 - Aug 26 with 6630 viewsJackoBoostardo

I wouldn't jump on anyone constructive in their criticism. Appears every one of OP's posts so far are negatively critical without adding anything of value.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Last season into this? on 20:30 - Aug 26 with 6625 viewsDr_Winston

Last season into this? on 20:22 - Aug 26 by waynekerr55

I know I'm going to get hell for this, but why the hell did we pay up Moore's contract when we clearly haven't got a back up option.

Quite how our Israeli nomad played so much last year leaves a bitter taste in my mouth

Not from me. It's clear that Laudrup took a dislike to Moore from the off, despite him consistently proving to be a good foil for Michu.

I just cannot understand why we deliberately restrict the capability of our most consistent attacking threat by playing him out of position. If Bony's not ready then releasing the only other striker we had with any kind of track record was just dumb.

Last season into this? on 20:42 - Aug 26 with 6593 viewsCatullus

I agree with the OP, apart from the last two sentences.
We have had two bad results against top sides and we have plenty of flair available. Bony, Pozuelo, Routledge, Michu, Dyer, Hernandez and Donnelly coming through.
The OP is either on suicide watch or it's a Cardiff troll. Possibly both!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Last season into this? on 20:44 - Aug 26 with 6589 viewsGlyn1

Yes we lost to Man Utd and Spurs. We'll probably lose to WBA as well (they're at home, they beat us there last season, they finished higher up the table, Scott Sinclair will probably score a penalty.) And then we play Arsenal and Liverpool.

So we could be in the relegation zone until next year. Who gives a dam. It`s really not important. From February the fixtures switch in our favour and we finish with over 50 points, so there's no reason to get panicky.

We're stronger than we were last year.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2013 20:50]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Last season into this? on 20:48 - Aug 26 with 6574 viewswr72

Last season into this? on 20:22 - Aug 26 by waynekerr55

Same reason we got rid of Graham and not replace him.
Last season into this? on 20:50 - Aug 26 with 6560 viewsJackfath

I made the point that the OP did last night and got hounded out of the place. Some people don't like to read FACTS and haven't the intelligence to respond in a manner which is civilised.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Last season into this? on 20:51 - Aug 26 with 6552 viewsexiledclaseboy

The usual forum divide between "pessimists/realists" and "rose tinted" types has started early this year. Damned fixture computer.

Poll: Tory leader

Last season into this? on 20:51 - Aug 26 with 6549 viewswr72

Last season into this? on 20:50 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

I made the point that the OP did last night and got hounded out of the place. Some people don't like to read FACTS and haven't the intelligence to respond in a manner which is civilised.

It was probably because it was you.
Last season into this? on 20:53 - Aug 26 with 6538 viewsJackfath

Last season into this? on 20:51 - Aug 26 by wr72

It was probably because it was you.

Ahh that makes that ok then. People should attack the post, not the poster as a fine member of this forum once said. They should also remember to think "would I say this to the person posting if they were standing in front of me"

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Last season into this? on 20:55 - Aug 26 with 6528 viewswr72

Last season into this? on 20:53 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

Ahh that makes that ok then. People should attack the post, not the poster as a fine member of this forum once said. They should also remember to think "would I say this to the person posting if they were standing in front of me"

It wasn't a dig.It's just people never know if you're being serious or not.
Last season into this? on 20:58 - Aug 26 with 6508 viewsJackfath

Last season into this? on 20:55 - Aug 26 by wr72

It wasn't a dig.It's just people never know if you're being serious or not.

So why do they then revert to vile name calling They must be frustrated as they are clearly confused due to their lack of intelligence. I cannot think of another reason.

Last season into this? on 21:07 - Aug 26 with 6474 viewswr72

Last season into this? on 20:58 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

So why do they then revert to vile name calling They must be frustrated as they are clearly confused due to their lack of intelligence. I cannot think of another reason.

I think you may have answered your own question there.It takes a brave man to criticize our team at the moment, so well done on that.

We're all thinking it but when someones sticks their neck out and does diss the team and raise concerns, publicly, then you'll always have the man in the back shouting you down.So much easier on here too.

And given your reputation on here and the old board then you're gonna get pelters for it,i'm afraid.
Last season into this? on 21:17 - Aug 26 with 6442 viewsPhil_S

Are we really berating the decision to get rid of Luke Moore who did a decent job for us as an option for a season and a half but this squad just got better than the likes of Luke Moore.
Last season into this? on 21:22 - Aug 26 with 6411 viewswr72

It's only really Jobbie and his love for the underdog,i think.He happens to carry a bit of weight behind his posts which fools people into believing Luke would still be a viable option.
Last season into this? on 21:24 - Aug 26 with 6403 viewsexiledclaseboy

I have to say that when we were losing to Man Utd and Spurs I really wasn't thinking "if only we had Luke Moore as an option here".

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024