Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Character 23:00 - Sep 16 with 8211 viewswestwiltsjack

There is so much character in this team. Liverpool dominated the first 25 mins of that game and we gave them two goals yet we finished well on top tonight. Routledge my MOM, just knows how to play football. Britton is a proper legend and Davies superb - but they all were tbh. Best I've seen us play for a long time. Thought Liverpool looked very good but we imposed ourselves on them and they were quite frankly on their r siz by the end.
Character on 23:16 - Sep 16 with 8145 viewsChief

After going 2-1 down at our own hands and with the ref having a wobble, it would have been easy for us to let our heads go down and fold towards end of first / start of second have, but to come back and dominate the game in the way we did was impressive

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Character on 23:38 - Sep 16 with 8073 views2face

It was evident to me that Liverpool got drained because of all the Swansea possession and Liverpool having to run after the ball all night.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2013 23:52]
Character on 23:41 - Sep 16 with 8043 viewsDull1Thomas

Brendon said Liverpool were in control for 65 minutes ............ I'd forgotten he had a PhD in talking rollicks

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Character on 23:56 - Sep 16 with 7998 views2face

Character on 23:41 - Sep 16 by Dull1Thomas

Brendon said Liverpool were in control for 65 minutes ............ I'd forgotten he had a PhD in talking rollicks

He probably meant from the first goal they scored up until Michu's equalizer.
Character on 01:25 - Sep 17 with 7907 viewsSpratty

Could tell what the Liverpool fans thought in the 2nd half.

What was that Simon and Garfunkel classic they were singing? Oh yes....

In fairness think Jonjo's goal had already knocked the stuffing out of them. Don't think they could have been more gob smacked if Brentan himself had run on the pitch and scored for us.

Bit of a caper all round but we owned them in the 2nd half. All credit to the boys they were playing out of their skin. Stats make sweet reading too.
Character on 08:47 - Sep 17 with 7693 viewsPegojack

I wouldn't put Routledge as MOM, I felt he could have contributed more, until the last twenty minutes when Liverpool played into his hands by bringing on that donkey Toure. Routledge was going past him for fun, and we really should have made more of that. I was screaming for him to get the ball out wide on the left as we applied the pressure in the last ten minutes - Toure was crapping himself every time he was one on one with Routs.
Character on 10:01 - Sep 17 with 7597 viewssunshinehead

Second half was fantastic and very reassuring. It's the first time this season that we looked like our old selves. I'd like to see Taylor starting to get used more, Ben could do with a rest, the high standards he set for himself are dipping and although he doesn't look bad there are one or two mistakes per game creeping in. Nothing a rest wouldn't fix.
Character on 10:06 - Sep 17 with 7575 viewsViking_Jack

Excellent comeback in the second half - well done lads!

Better a brief spell of honour than a long rule of shame

Login to get fewer ads

Character on 10:38 - Sep 17 with 7533 viewsDevz00

Character on 10:01 - Sep 17 by sunshinehead

Second half was fantastic and very reassuring. It's the first time this season that we looked like our old selves. I'd like to see Taylor starting to get used more, Ben could do with a rest, the high standards he set for himself are dipping and although he doesn't look bad there are one or two mistakes per game creeping in. Nothing a rest wouldn't fix.

Yeah I agree about Ben. Taylor is still injured though isn't he?

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Character on 11:07 - Sep 17 with 7492 viewslifelong

Character on 10:38 - Sep 17 by Devz00

Yeah I agree about Ben. Taylor is still injured though isn't he?

I totally disagree about Ben.

I thought he was excellent last night, some of his runs and link up play with Routledge were of the highest order, he has also improved in the air.

I seem to remember him making one mistake in the first half but apart from that I thought his performance was faultless.
Character on 11:17 - Sep 17 with 7476 viewsperchrockjack

Ben Davies to me looked pretty assured. Maybe its me age

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Character on 11:26 - Sep 17 with 7458 viewsJackSomething

Character on 10:01 - Sep 17 by sunshinehead

Quite possibly the best player on the pitch last night for me. Don't dispute that some rotation with Taylor could help him, but Davies was excellent last night. Liverpool's main threat came down the other flank, where Dyer and Rangel hardly covered themselves in glory. Things improved once JDG came on (plus Coutinho going off helped).

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Character on 11:27 - Sep 17 with 7451 viewsJackSomething

He also said they scored two good goals. I'd hate to see what he considers an easy goal.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Character on 11:28 - Sep 17 with 7449 viewsperchrockjack

Countinho is a terrific player and will be a big star.

Forgot to mention Leon about last night.

Quite how does he do it.

amazing guy

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Character on 11:29 - Sep 17 with 7444 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Character on 11:07 - Sep 17 by lifelong

I totally disagree about Ben.

I thought he was excellent last night, some of his runs and link up play with Routledge were of the highest order, he has also improved in the air.

I seem to remember him making one mistake in the first half but apart from that I thought his performance was faultless.

Rangel was all over the place at times in the first half. It was almost like Brendan had given his left sided players a dossier on him.
Ben was excellent though so I don't understand the criticism.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:58 - Sep 18 with 7185 viewsDevz00

Character on 11:29 - Sep 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Rangel was all over the place at times in the first half. It was almost like Brendan had given his left sided players a dossier on him.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Character on 12:58 - Sep 18 with 7183 viewsDevz00

Character on 11:29 - Sep 17 by Brynmill_Jack

It's not really criticising him. Sunshinehead said there are a few mistakes creeping in and I agreed. In every game so far he's made more mistakes than in any game last season. It's usually at the start of matches and he gets better as the game goes on. If he had a bit of break a maybe it would freshen him up. That's not saying he's not playing well, he just set the bar incredibly high last season.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2013 13:00]

Character on 13:03 - Sep 18 with 7165 viewsC_jack

I would agree with him as it goes, from watching it at home on the box. We were looking a bit lost up until that Michu equaliser. Shelvey especially, was regressing deeper and deeper giving short balls and looking very uneasy, at one point he was our last defender.

The equaliser was what the doc ordered though and we were all over them from there on in
[Post edited 18 Sep 2013 13:03]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Character on 15:09 - Sep 18 with 7051 viewswaynekerr55

Character on 11:28 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

Countinho is a terrific player and will be a big star.

Forgot to mention Leon about last night.

Quite how does he do it.

amazing guy

Leon is perfect for the holding role in midfield, even more so in international football where possession is king, however we have WOY the man who cannot and will not play keep ball and GNEV has become a yes man.

He's a great pundit and had a brilliant career but he himself penned in his book that players should be picked on form, yet that's gone out of the window since he joined Woy's paint drying brigade

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Character on 15:27 - Sep 18 with 7016 viewsMattG

Henry Winter wrote his entire match report for the Telegraph without once mentioning Leon.

Seemingly, because he doesn't fit the "English mould" for a midfielder of needlessly running miles like a headless chicken and making at least 2 overly crunching tackles per game, even a supposedly esteemed journalist like Winter can't see what he does.
Character on 17:04 - Sep 18 with 6944 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Character on 12:58 - Sep 18 by Devz00

It's not really criticising him. Sunshinehead said there are a few mistakes creeping in and I agreed. In every game so far he's made more mistakes than in any game last season. It's usually at the start of matches and he gets better as the game goes on. If he had a bit of break a maybe it would freshen him up. That's not saying he's not playing well, he just set the bar incredibly high last season.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2013 13:00]

Yes but to be fair he's played a sh*tfull of games already ! Full games for us in PL and also the Europa league and two or three international games to boot, all at 20 years old !

I thought he was magnificent on Monday, a real tour de force from him. And with Taylor being out for 4 to 6 weeks it isn't getting easier for him either.

Hopefully ML will utilise Tiendalli accordingly, maybe if only to give Rangel some respite, being the senior citizen of our back four

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Character on 18:18 - Sep 18 with 6901 viewssunshinehead

Rewind Brynny. He has played a lot of games recently and that was why I think he needs his rest. His attacking play is as good if not better than last year but lets not forget his primary role. He is a local boy done good and I would never slate him but there is no doubt that he has made a couple of uncharacteristic mistakes per game. Losing his man or being caught badly out of position mainly.
Character on 20:15 - Sep 18 with 6827 viewswaynekerr55

Character on 15:27 - Sep 18 by MattG

Henry Winter wrote his entire match report for the Telegraph without once mentioning Leon.

Seemingly, because he doesn't fit the "English mould" for a midfielder of needlessly running miles like a headless chicken and making at least 2 overly crunching tackles per game, even a supposedly esteemed journalist like Winter can't see what he does.

Aye - Scott "2nd touch is a tackle" Parker got player of the year. Sums up the English game IMO

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Character on 09:37 - Sep 19 with 6610 viewsDevz00

Character on 17:04 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes but to be fair he's played a sh*tfull of games already ! Full games for us in PL and also the Europa league and two or three international games to boot, all at 20 years old !

I thought he was magnificent on Monday, a real tour de force from him. And with Taylor being out for 4 to 6 weeks it isn't getting easier for him either.

Hopefully ML will utilise Tiendalli accordingly, maybe if only to give Rangel some respite, being the senior citizen of our back four

Exactly. That's the point we are both making. He's very young and played a lot of games so he needs a rest!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024