Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave Jones 20:24 - May 4 with 3542 viewsDarran

Cardiff can't blame off-field issues for drop.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01yhrnj

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Dave Jones on 20:37 - May 4 with 2250 viewsScoobyDoo

Don't like the kent but i agree with him there.
Dave Jones on 20:45 - May 4 with 2216 viewsdgt73

Dave Jones on 20:37 - May 4 by ScoobyDoo

Don't like the kent but i agree with him there.

How's your weekend going scooby.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Dave Jones on 20:53 - May 4 with 2190 viewsmagicdaps10

The red kit aside and all other antics............he backed Malky very very well for a promoted team.

Spent all that money on a young promising centre half in Caulker to lead their backline when they needed a seasoned pro AND did not get attacking players in capable of getting goals...........that was their problem.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Dave Jones on 22:05 - May 4 with 2103 viewsJackFish

Dave Jones on 20:53 - May 4 by magicdaps10

The red kit aside and all other antics............he backed Malky very very well for a promoted team.

Spent all that money on a young promising centre half in Caulker to lead their backline when they needed a seasoned pro AND did not get attacking players in capable of getting goals...........that was their problem.

Mackay's style of football might have been boring, but he was on course to keep them up. The Solskjaer experiment has been an abject failure.
Dave Jones on 22:12 - May 4 with 2083 viewsJonnyTheJack

That Cornelius signing fu*ked them over. Seriously lacking in goals and once Malky left that was the end of it. They're dire to watch but under Malky they didn't get many beatings and were always pretty competitive.

Signing a holding midfielder for £12m was bonkers too.
Dave Jones on 22:17 - May 4 with 2067 viewsmonmouth

Dave Jones on 22:12 - May 4 by JonnyTheJack

That Cornelius signing fu*ked them over. Seriously lacking in goals and once Malky left that was the end of it. They're dire to watch but under Malky they didn't get many beatings and were always pretty competitive.

Signing a holding midfielder for £12m was bonkers too.

Even better, signing a fat holding midfielder that runs like he's carrying a fridge for 12m....chuckle.....

They were still claiming he was the best player on the planet until about february mind....If QPR come up, he'll be there like a fat rat up a wide drainpipe.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dave Jones on 22:18 - May 4 with 2056 viewsreddythered

Dave Jones on 22:05 - May 4 by JackFish

Mackay's style of football might have been boring, but he was on course to keep them up. The Solskjaer experiment has been an abject failure.

We'd have had 35-36 points if Mackay continued at the same rate.

Confident that would keep us up?

Look at the reality, not the media myth.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Dave Jones on 22:21 - May 4 with 2044 viewsmonmouth

Dave Jones on 22:18 - May 4 by reddythered

18 from 18? You'd have had 38 wouldn't you? Perfectly safe.

Login to get fewer ads

Dave Jones on 22:24 - May 4 with 2024 viewsreddythered

Dave Jones on 22:21 - May 4 by monmouth

18 from 18? You'd have had 38 wouldn't you? Perfectly safe.

We had a killer month in January, factored that in.

Given the decline was clearly on at that point - 3 down at ht vs Liverpool and Southamption Malky's final games - anybody claiming definitively Mlky would've kept us up is barking. We'll never know, but it sure as hell didn't look good.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Dave Jones on 22:26 - May 4 with 2016 viewsswancity

Mackey gave you a solid start. A platform from which to build. You'r club deserve relegation and your pathetic attempts to justify the sacking of Mackey and the complete failure of solkjäear are just shameful and way off reality.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Dave Jones on 22:26 - May 4 with 2013 viewsJackfath

Dave Jones on 22:24 - May 4 by reddythered

Given the decline was clearly on at that point - 3 down at ht vs Liverpool and Southamption Malky's final games - anybody claiming definitively Mlky would've kept us up is barking. We'll never know, but it sure as hell didn't look good.

It's all rather amusing and I am glad weasel TIm Hartley is complaining about the kit on the news tonight.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Dave Jones on 22:29 - May 4 with 2004 viewsJonnyTheJack

You wouldn't have got spanked by Hull and Palace at home under Malky.
Dave Jones on 22:31 - May 4 with 1993 viewsIAN05

Makay was not much better than OGS to be honest, but you have to question whether you would have taken the thumpings you have taken against the lower teams under Makay.

I'm not pretending to know much about Cardiff but kept reading things like, 'Solsjkaer makes 5 changes ' - that seemed to be every week as well. Unbelievably naive.
Dave Jones on 22:31 - May 4 with 1991 viewsmonmouth

Aye but you could also argue that he knew he was toast and so did the players so those last games were a distortion. I agree with you though, I don't think he would have saved you. The team and club is rotten and, like cancer, pretty majr surgery is needed, starting with the cabbage holding the purse strings. Won't happen though...the club and most glory desperate fans are attached to tan and his cash like a baby on the teat.

Dave Jones on 22:36 - May 4 with 1968 viewsIAN05

Dave Jones on 22:31 - May 4 by monmouth

Aye but you could also argue that he knew he was toast and so did the players so those last games were a distortion. I agree with you though, I don't think he would have saved you. The team and club is rotten and, like cancer, pretty majr surgery is needed, starting with the cabbage holding the purse strings. Won't happen though...the club and most glory desperate fans are attached to tan and his cash like a baby on the teat.

Cant argue with that. Cardiff fans will still be demanding big money being spent this summer, despite the state of their finances. It is their ridiculous delusion of the size of their club that started them on this path and this is the ultimate price.
Dave Jones on 22:43 - May 4 with 1946 viewsreddythered

Dave Jones on 22:26 - May 4 by swancity

Mackey gave you a solid start. A platform from which to build. You'r club deserve relegation and your pathetic attempts to justify the sacking of Mackey and the complete failure of solkjäear are just shameful and way off reality.

Glad to know you know way more about CCFC than someone who watched every damn game and has done for way too many years.

This mythical platform led to a hell of a lot of shots against, minimising chances created. A platform where the budget had been for the most part wasted. A platform packed full of Championship players. A platform where defensive tactics were deployed against teams around us.

The "deserve relegation" comment is something I've already said. The team wasn't good enough; you might want to pretend Mackay played no part in it, it was the squad he spent 5 transfer windows assembling that as evidenced in numerous games, were too slow, too ponderous and at times unable to string simple passes together.

Better to be "shameful" than "clueless" tbh.

Dave Jones on 22:45 - May 4 with 1937 viewsreddythered

Dave Jones on 22:29 - May 4 by JonnyTheJack

You wouldn't have got spanked by Hull and Palace at home under Malky.

Because Malky would make defensive subs settling for a 1-0 defeat; Ole on the other hand has taken defenders off, pushed players forward.

Dave Jones on 22:47 - May 4 with 1928 viewsJonnyTheJack

Dave Jones on 22:45 - May 4 by reddythered

Because Malky would make defensive subs settling for a 1-0 defeat; Ole on the other hand has taken defenders off, pushed players forward.

...and then concede 4
Dave Jones on 22:49 - May 4 with 1917 viewsreddythered

Dave Jones on 22:47 - May 4 by JonnyTheJack

...and then concede 4

... concede whilst trying to get something out of games.

Swings and roundabouts; a defeat is a defeat is a defeat.

Dave Jones on 22:52 - May 4 with 1903 viewsDarran

Dave Jones on 22:45 - May 4 by reddythered

Redster you're the only Cardiffian I'd have on here if I had my way and you come across as a lovely fella but seriously you're f*cking mental.

Hope the wife is ok?

Dave Jones on 23:01 - May 4 with 1878 viewsreddythered

Dave Jones on 22:52 - May 4 by Darran

Redster you're the only Cardiffian I'd have on here if I had my way and you come across as a lovely fella but seriously you're f*cking mental.

Hope the wife is ok?

Fine, diagnosed with bronchitis, cheers for asking...

We're all mental here, should know that by now.

i just find the reality of this season for us is over simpified by many, especially the media to fit an agenda. Malky wasn't the golden child, Moody wasn't the player expert whose s*** doesn't stink. Tan isn't the evil crazy foreigner. Ole isn't incompetent. All lazy stereotypes and generalisations.

Our squad wasn't good enough. That's the sole reason. Players were unable to adapt to the things Ole was asking them to do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Martinez took over, did he bring a whole new squad in or did he put his style on the existing squad with initial teething troubles?

Question for me is where do you apportion blame and well, everyone bears that. Mackay and Moody for the fact the squad, backed by a fair whack of money wasn't up to standard, Tan for almost having too much trust in Moody and Mackay which resulted in the summer spending, Ole for some of the rotations although I concede finding his best team for the style he wanted may have been difficult.

Either way, only thing important for me is going forward and for that, Ole has to have at least the time Mackay had, to forge his own squad and style without breaking the bank.

Dave Jones on 23:04 - May 4 with 1873 viewsDarran

Dave Jones on 23:01 - May 4 by reddythered

Fine, diagnosed with bronchitis, cheers for asking...

We're all mental here, should know that by now.

i just find the reality of this season for us is over simpified by many, especially the media to fit an agenda. Malky wasn't the golden child, Moody wasn't the player expert whose s*** doesn't stink. Tan isn't the evil crazy foreigner. Ole isn't incompetent. All lazy stereotypes and generalisations.

Our squad wasn't good enough. That's the sole reason. Players were unable to adapt to the things Ole was asking them to do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Martinez took over, did he bring a whole new squad in or did he put his style on the existing squad with initial teething troubles?

Question for me is where do you apportion blame and well, everyone bears that. Mackay and Moody for the fact the squad, backed by a fair whack of money wasn't up to standard, Tan for almost having too much trust in Moody and Mackay which resulted in the summer spending, Ole for some of the rotations although I concede finding his best team for the style he wanted may have been difficult.

Either way, only thing important for me is going forward and for that, Ole has to have at least the time Mackay had, to forge his own squad and style without breaking the bank.

It's not about this season the blame should have been apportioned several years ago.

Glad she's ok

Dave Jones on 23:11 - May 4 with 1859 viewsreddythered

Dave Jones on 23:04 - May 4 by Darran

It's not about this season the blame should have been apportioned several years ago.

Glad she's ok

If you mean a seeming lack of financial control, I'd agree. Spending even in the Championship was way too high.

If I was in charge, it would be a case of sitting down with Ole, developing a plan for the next five seasons. Determining the style, type of players he wants. Work to strip the squad of non-performing, unwanted players. Run in the first few seasons with as small a squad as Ole believed would maintain Champonship football, backfilling with academy products short term to see if they can step up.

Basically a mixture of patience and financial prudence.

Dave Jones on 00:33 - May 5 with 1770 viewsmark555

Dave Jones on 23:11 - May 4 by reddythered

If you mean a seeming lack of financial control, I'd agree. Spending even in the Championship was way too high.

If I was in charge, it would be a case of sitting down with Ole, developing a plan for the next five seasons. Determining the style, type of players he wants. Work to strip the squad of non-performing, unwanted players. Run in the first few seasons with as small a squad as Ole believed would maintain Champonship football, backfilling with academy products short term to see if they can step up.

Basically a mixture of patience and financial prudence.

Serious question Reddy, who can you see staying and who will be going from the current squad?
Dave Jones on 01:32 - May 5 with 1720 viewsGowerjack

Typical one eyed reviisionist Scum shite.

If my Grannie had balls she'd be my Grandpa.

I'm so very very glad that you've shit the bed.

"Bye Bye Gary,Hello again Minesh"

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024