Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charity overload 19:32 - Nov 10 with 424 viewscentrestandswan

Do not get me wrong but at this moment in time is anyone else feeling overwhelmed by all this giving business ?

First the Royal British Legion poppy appeal, a great cause but talk about over doing it this time round, with anyone on the BBC having to wear a poppy and anyone who doesn't, for what ever reason, being castigated . My ancestors fought for a free country I thought. Now if this was Nazi Germany or Stalin's Russia I could understand being made to wear one.

Then Children in Need or Wogan's annual guilt trip because of all the money he makes with his inane waffling on radio.

And now Band Aid join in with a fund raiser for Ebola in Africa, where these organisations think the British public gets the money from I do not know. It is usually the ordinary people in the street that gives the most and Wales in particular being one of the best regions for contributions, but if these areas give to all these causes it will not be long before they will be collecting for themselves.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Charity overload on 21:17 - Nov 10 with 375 viewslonglostjack

Some good points there IMO. For what it's worth and looking at it from the outside ie. not living in UK the positives are that people are thinking about others and you get a community spirit going. The downside is that it's the people who can least afford it who give the most, just like the National Lottery. Scandinavian countries rely less on charities and the State takes more responsibility. This leads to much better public services of course. For me charities should be a top up to what the State provides - the icing on the cake if you like. They can never be a replacement.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Charity overload on 22:27 - Nov 10 with 328 viewsskippyjack

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/127681/ebola-screening/#

Read, think and digest..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Charity overload on 18:59 - Nov 12 with 240 viewsApeShit

Charity overload on 21:17 - Nov 10 by longlostjack

Some good points there IMO. For what it's worth and looking at it from the outside ie. not living in UK the positives are that people are thinking about others and you get a community spirit going. The downside is that it's the people who can least afford it who give the most, just like the National Lottery. Scandinavian countries rely less on charities and the State takes more responsibility. This leads to much better public services of course. For me charities should be a top up to what the State provides - the icing on the cake if you like. They can never be a replacement.

The state is on its knees as it is, aren't Scandinavian countries notoriously expensive!?
Charity overload on 19:09 - Nov 12 with 233 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The charities that annoy me are the ones that send you pens or address labels through the post. It's moral blackmail in my opinion and I refuse to contribute to those that do.

We have a few standing orders to charities and I also get annoyed by the constant requests to increase the amount. Why don't they concentrate on people who are not giving?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024