Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron's War 17:19 - Sep 26 with 4346 viewsJackfath

Thatcher did it.
Blair did it.

Now Cameron.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29385123

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Cameron's War on 17:29 - Sep 26 with 2396 viewsepaul

C*nt is itching to go to war, he should sign up for the front line then lets see what he has to say

Well said George

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Cameron's War on 17:41 - Sep 26 with 2385 viewsepaul

http://www.carolinelucas.com/media.html/2014/09/26/parliamentary-recall-and-iraq
Parliamentary recall and Iraq debate
26 September 2014

Every vote I cast in Parliament weighs heavily on my mind, especially as, unlike most other MPs, I have no whip telling me what to do — I consider the evidence, reflect on the principles I was elected to stand up for, listen to my constituents in Brighton Pavilion.

Never more so than on a day like today, when MPs are deciding whether to carry out air strikes in Iraq against the so called Islamic State (ISIL).

Whatever we decide people will die. Be it directly at the hands of ISIL, whose barbarity seems to know no limits. Or when they are hit by bombs dropped by the US, France or the UK.

And, of course, people are dying as a result of the humanitarian crisis engulfing the region — the Refugee Council tell me it’s the first time since the Second World War that the number of people worldwide who are fleeing their homes is more than 50 million, and the conflicts in the Middle East are a key driver of this exodus. The death toll from the crisis in Syria is heading towards 200,000. Getting aid to all Syrians and Iraqis in need must remain one of the UK’s top priorities.

Amongst the questions I have asked myself ahead of today’s vote is how best to help close down the cycles of violence, which are taking so many lives.

There are no easy answers. But there is this certainty: killing people rarely kills their ideas.

The hateful ideology of ISIL must be stopped but the risk is that air strikes will be counterproductive: every Western bomb dropped will fuel it anew, providing fertile recruitment, fundraising and propaganda opportunities.

I don’t think this is like the last Iraq war. I don’t think that the Prime Minster is manipulating intelligence or lying to the House.

There is much in the Government’s motion with which I agree. It is written in a measured and very reasonable-sounding tone. But the considered, thoughtful tone cannot get away from the bottom line, which is to give permission for the UK to bomb Iraq. Nor can it mask that what is often called ‘precision bombing’ is rarely precise. We should be under no illusion that we are debating whether to go to war.

With virtually everyone on the Government and opposition benches looking set to vote for air strikes, there is a real danger too that diplomatic and political solutions are side lined yet further — and possibly even made more difficult.

The real question should not be whether to bomb but how we can intensify work politically and diplomatically to address the fundamental hostility between Sunnis and Shias — with regional powers such as Iran, Turkey and Saudi Arabia centre stage and support for a fledgling new Iraqi government to deal with seemingly intractable problems like the failures of the Iraqi armed forces, sharing of oil revenues, decentralisation demands and territorial disputes a top priority.

Also uppermost in my mind, in a week where it’s been revealed that a young man from Brighton has been killed whilst fighting for ISIL in Syria, is that there is nothing Islamic about what this extremist group are doing. That as well as embarking upon a concerted effort to find a political solution to the current crisis, we must also redouble our efforts to tackle the radicalisation of some members of our communities, and redouble our efforts to address deeply worrying levels of anti-Muslim sentiment and incidents.

Our best hope of reducing the numbers radicalised would be to champion a new foreign policy doctrine based on clear principles, consistently applied. This should not include selling arms to brutal regimes like Saudi Arabia and Qatar. It should not include tolerating war crimes in Gaza. We must stand up for international law.

Being the only Green MP can be lonely at times, especially on days like today. But my inbox this morning is full of messages from constituents urging me to vote against air strikes and I know that when I stand up and oppose the Government’s motion, I am representing the views of many

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Cameron's War on 17:55 - Sep 26 with 2369 viewsCountyJim

These IS tw@ts are utter scum I back our Government on this but yes the Arab world needs to sort this out
Cameron's War on 18:05 - Sep 26 with 2362 viewsperchrockjack

yes of course Galloway is right. He is on everything.

MAYBE we should sit back and allow women to be taken from their home,tortured for 5 days then beheaded because of alleged apostasy. YEP,TURNING THEIR BACKS ON iSLAM.

So what the lefties and apologists have to work out is how to deal with them..

so go on GEORGE what do we do..what does the world do...
I d put GG on the front line

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Cameron's War on 18:48 - Sep 26 with 2330 viewsepaul

On that politcal programme last night, this week? GG said he wants all of them killed but it has to be dealt with in the right way, as in the middle east, Saudi, Jordan etc needs to sort it's shIt out and deal with these nutters.

Bombing these c*unts from the air will only cause 1000's of more innocent casualties, IS are 20,000 speard over an area the size of the UK, they have no bases.

Mission creep will soon come in and Camoron will have his full blown out war he wants

Why should GG go on the front line he opposes this he isn't a warmongerer
[Post edited 26 Sep 2014 18:49]

Cameron's War on 18:54 - Sep 26 with 2319 viewsepaul

Here is a full list of the 43 MPs who voted against military action in Iraq this afternoon.

Labour (24)

Diane Abbott

Graham Allen

Anne Begg

Ronnie Campbell

Martin Caton

Katy Clark

Ian Davidson

Paul Flynn

Stephen Hepburn

Kate Hoey

Kelvin Hopkins

Sian James

Mark Lazraowicz

John McDonnell

Iain McKenzie

Austin Mitchell

Grahame Morris

George Mudie

Linda Riordan

Barry Sheerman

Dennis Skinner

Graham Stringer

Mike Wood

Jeremy Corbyn (Teller)

Plus:

Rushanara Ali (Formal abstention)

Conservatives (6)

Richard Bacon

John Baron

Gordon Henderson

Adam Holloway

Nigel Mills

Mark Reckless

Lib Dems (1)

Julian Huppert

SDLP (3)

Mark Durkan

Alasdair McDonnell

Margaret Ritchie

Plaid Cymru (2)

Jonathan Edwards

Hywel Williams

Respect (1)

George Galloway

SNP (5 and teller)

Stewart Hosie

Angus Roberton

Mike Weir

Eilidh Whiteford

Angus Brendan McNeill

Mike Wishart (Teller)

Green

Caroline Lucas

Cameron's War on 19:08 - Sep 26 with 2301 viewsDr_Winston

Any chance of chucking Galloway out of a plane over IS controlled territory first to see if he can talk them down?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cameron's War on 19:11 - Sep 26 with 2298 viewsDarran

Cameron's War on 19:08 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

Any chance of chucking Galloway out of a plane over IS controlled territory first to see if he can talk them down?

And that utter c*nt Diane Abbott too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Cameron's War on 19:18 - Sep 26 with 2290 viewsJackoBoostardo

Cameron's War on 19:08 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

I would love the IS to change their aim of a creating an Islamic caliphate and murdering innocent civilians, and instead make their sole target the hunting down and slaughter of (Angry Big Mouth) Galloway. We wouldn't have any need to send troops or aircraft to stop them then!

Good idea Dr!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Cameron's War on 19:19 - Sep 26 with 2290 viewsperchrockjack

I've listened to Galloway on c4 and he s really correct IMO. Surprised. He spoke sense about destroying is although he couldn't say how.
Why would Cameron want a war. Just because he s a Tory can't then. Pathetic.

Both labour Tory liberal have gone to war as did ussr ,many times

Cameron's War on 19:38 - Sep 26 with 2262 viewsjunior_jack

Well done Martin Caton. He also opposed Blair on all of his was mongering.
Cameron's War on 20:04 - Sep 26 with 2230 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is this where everyone (with a few honourable exceptions) thinks it's a great idea to go to war because, y'know, you gotta sort these people out once and for all, and then in a few years time when it's gone tits up again the same people pretend that they were against it all along? Because that's what usually happens.

Poll: Tory leader

Cameron's War on 20:08 - Sep 26 with 2224 viewsNeath_Jack

We opened a Pandora's Box as soon as we started f*cking about in those backwards countries. Things will never settle down over there now, once one lot go quiet, another mob will start up.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Cameron's War on 20:13 - Sep 26 with 2217 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cameron's War on 20:08 - Sep 26 by Neath_Jack

We opened a Pandora's Box as soon as we started f*cking about in those backwards countries. Things will never settle down over there now, once one lot go quiet, another mob will start up.

And if they don't, we'll make damn sure that they do.

Poll: Tory leader

Cameron's War on 20:29 - Sep 26 with 2198 viewsTheFranchise

Has there ever been peace there?
Cameron's War on 20:43 - Sep 26 with 2181 viewscentrestandswan

Good God there are sheep on here and there are shepherds there are even some macho men who's gung ho attitude is just amazing, if people think that fighting this bunch of murderous basturds in the usual British way of hiding under the skirts of the world's greatest democracy is going to solve anything then they are greatly disillusioned . I do not know the answer to this problem like many on here do but for every ones sake ,politicians get it right this time or we are fuuuuucked for a very long time.

We buggered up Iraq along with the Yanks and now Britain has to go and sort it's short comings out. As for abuse hurled at individual MP's for voting in a way not to their liking, be grateful that we discuss serious issues like this in the manner that we do in a free society and are able to speak openly without come back , abuse if you want but be constructive in your criticism .

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Cameron's War on 20:46 - Sep 26 with 2176 viewsdickythorpe

Sad times. Hope there isn't any bloodshed in our streets.
Cameron's War on 20:46 - Sep 26 with 2175 viewsMillJack

I tell you what will stop all this mindless killing. More mindless killing. Genius.
Cameron's War on 20:50 - Sep 26 with 2171 viewsdickythorpe

This little lad will never know his dad. I just hope for no more Lee Rigby type slaughters.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/portsmouth-charity-builds-playhouse-for-son-of-
Cameron's War on 21:00 - Sep 26 with 2152 viewsJoe_bradshaw

So they behead Americans, British and French and we react in the way they expect and bomb them.

Isn't this exactly what they want?

Why are we making the same mistake over and over?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cameron's War on 22:19 - Sep 26 with 2097 viewsepaul

Seems appropriate

Cameron's War on 23:02 - Sep 26 with 2069 viewsperchrockjack

So... What should we do.. Plenty say what we shouldn't

Cameron's War on 23:04 - Sep 26 with 2064 viewsJackfath

Cameron's War on 23:02 - Sep 26 by perchrockjack

So... What should we do.. Plenty say what we shouldn't

Set up an internet forum with members from here and their main players and we could slog it out online.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Cameron's War on 23:08 - Sep 26 with 2060 viewsperchrockjack

True though innit.
We ve got scribes who rubbish leaders who try to sort these cretins out but none can come up with a solution. That is because they isn't any.

Still, I think Israel is not being blamed for a change..

I do believe people like Diane abbot want to sit down and discuss with is. Fact is they d behead her on sight

Cameron's War on 08:00 - Sep 27 with 1989 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Dicky Thorpe summed it up .

"Sad times "

Another war ,billions will be spent at our pleasure as austerity & cuts cripple the country.

I was talking to a solider last night , we are there already on foot , it's all about Syria .

Galloway is spot on again on this one .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024