Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UKIP got a MP then 10:04 - Oct 10 with 3045 viewsDarran

Anyone got anything to say about it?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

UKIP got a MP then on 10:30 - Oct 10 with 1425 viewsperchrockjack

We re fecked but it serves Conservative and Labour s right for being arrogant and complacent knobs

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

UKIP got a MP then on 10:34 - Oct 10 with 1423 viewsHighjack

UKIP got a MP then on 10:30 - Oct 10 by perchrockjack

We re fecked but it serves Conservative and Labour s right for being arrogant and complacent knobs

Think people are fed up to the back teeth with the traditional parties, hence the surge in support for people like this. The Greens will also benefit, sadly.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

UKIP got a MP then on 10:37 - Oct 10 with 1414 viewsperchrockjack

TRUE but I hope the GREENS aren't going to be wearing anything related to animal skin, and will walk or cycle to the polling stations.

We d be in good hands if we were being threatened as Caroline Lucas would simply love them to death

UKIP got a MP then on 10:44 - Oct 10 with 1402 viewsLeonisGod

This isn't as significant as some people are making out. It's a landmark for the party for sure. But they got an MP by the back door. It was pretty clear from QT last night that Clacton voted for the man and not the party. Had he not defected UKIP wouldn't had even come close. And unless half of the Tories and Labour defect leading up to the general election they won't come close in that either. imo.
UKIP got a MP then on 10:51 - Oct 10 with 1389 viewsepaul

UKIP got a MP then on 10:44 - Oct 10 by LeonisGod

This isn't as significant as some people are making out. It's a landmark for the party for sure. But they got an MP by the back door. It was pretty clear from QT last night that Clacton voted for the man and not the party. Had he not defected UKIP wouldn't had even come close. And unless half of the Tories and Labour defect leading up to the general election they won't come close in that either. imo.

Indeed, when Dimblebot asked the audience for a Ush*t voter to respond to the Irish fella saying they were racist the only response he got was from an oldboy, who got mercilessly ripped into on twitter as it looked like he was giving a nazi salute (of course he wasnt) yet he just spoke about europe.

Ush*t are more tory than the tories, I hope that the result was a kick up the backside the other parties need, mind you it was a protest vote, people tend to vote more carefully in a GE. What makes me laugh is they or that tw*t Farage claims they're the party of the working people, what bollux, he's a failed banker and th*tc**** bastad offspring. Yet people buy the crap they peddle, he's a racist alright
[Post edited 10 Oct 2014 11:33]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

UKIP got a MP then on 11:12 - Oct 10 with 1370 viewsLohengrin

UKIP got a MP then on 10:51 - Oct 10 by epaul

Indeed, when Dimblebot asked the audience for a Ush*t voter to respond to the Irish fella saying they were racist the only response he got was from an oldboy, who got mercilessly ripped into on twitter as it looked like he was giving a nazi salute (of course he wasnt) yet he just spoke about europe.

Ush*t are more tory than the tories, I hope that the result was a kick up the backside the other parties need, mind you it was a protest vote, people tend to vote more carefully in a GE. What makes me laugh is they or that tw*t Farage claims they're the party of the working people, what bollux, he's a failed banker and th*tc**** bastad offspring. Yet people buy the crap they peddle, he's a racist alright
[Post edited 10 Oct 2014 11:33]

If he is then so, instintively, are the mass of old Labour voters. What was it Bill Shankly said, "you can't trust foreigners. Thieves and vagabonds the lot of 'em."

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

UKIP got a MP then on 11:19 - Oct 10 with 1349 viewsDarran

UKIP got a MP then on 11:12 - Oct 10 by Lohengrin

If he is then so, instintively, are the mass of old Labour voters. What was it Bill Shankly said, "you can't trust foreigners. Thieves and vagabonds the lot of 'em."

Cher that was mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

UKIP got a MP then on 11:22 - Oct 10 with 1346 viewsLohengrin

UKIP got a MP then on 11:19 - Oct 10 by Darran

Cher that was mun.

Singing about Croeserw

Login to get fewer ads

UKIP got a MP then on 11:44 - Oct 10 with 1317 viewsskippyjack

Nothing really Darran.. they're in it for themselves.. just like everybody else.. UKIP is a business.. and it'll change very little for the dustbin dwellers.. Electing a Tory MP for a start.. wink, wink, nudge, nudge handshake.. maybe the Conservatives and UKIP are joining forces to oust Labour out of parliament?.. is that a bad thing? Good thing?.. it'll never change anything.. the deficit will always be there.. House Of Commons = a playground for the adults trying to be the head prefect..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

UKIP got a MP then on 12:11 - Oct 10 with 1295 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

UKIP got a MP then on 10:37 - Oct 10 by perchrockjack

TRUE but I hope the GREENS aren't going to be wearing anything related to animal skin, and will walk or cycle to the polling stations.

We d be in good hands if we were being threatened as Caroline Lucas would simply love them to death

Caroline is following the teachings of our Lord Jesus on which you were raised Perchie...

I take it you'll be voting Green at the next election then and taking your Bible with you to the polling station to spread the word ?

Hand in hand we shall march together, singing the hymns of the righteous upon the City of London and drive the moneylenders from Temple tube station.

I'm glad we've seen the light together brother!

Hallelujah!

*Phil can you add a tambourine smiley to the list? - ta!*
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:23 - Oct 10 with 1283 viewsepaul

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/10/ukip-should-examine-its-own-record-

Ukip should examine its own record over a disability “tirade”
There’s a lot of intellectualising about Ukip at present, but a simple truth is that they’re not very nice people.

BY RICHARD HOWITT PUBLISHED 10 OCTOBER, 2014 - 09:43

StumbleUpon logoReddit logoPrint HTML logo

Ukip activists are aggressively defensive about their party's attitude to the disabled. Photo: Getty
A toad, a lying piece of excrement, vile, thick, a “dick”, dangerous, supporting “paedos, gang and child rape”, a “dog,” hateful, a “vile excuse for a human being”.

These are just some of the more polite (and hence printable) insults thrown at me by some 500 Ukip representatives and supporters in an apparently organised attack through social media this week.

I’m either Trotskyite or fascist, they say (difficult to comprehend how those two go together).

Although I regard it as pathetic, many people would find sinister their messages to me saying they are “looking forward to my demise”, “the sooner extinct, the better” and I’ve got “nowhere to hide”.

What has generated all this manufactured fury?

It seems they’ve noticed a two-week-old comment in which I drew attention to a blog by the protest group Disabled People Against The Cuts (DPAC), who are by two-thirds victims of the iniquitous bedroom tax, which lambasted unsavoury and offensive statements about disabled people made by Ukip candidates or in Ukip policy.

The article showed how Ukip defended the right of one of their local candidates who they described as “excellent” to argue for forced abortion of disabled foetuses; how their 2010 manifesto contained proposals for learning disabled people to be put in segregated communities, and how Ukip’s leader personally said another local candidate could not stand for the party because of his physical disability.

DPAC carefully referenced these claims, and I saw that each was based on reporting by independent journalists in national media, where Ukip had been given a right of reply and to correct any factual inaccuracy.

Nevertheless, the blanket denials and torrent of abuse from Ukip against me for simply drawing attention to the article continues unabated.

Although those sending the messages profess to care about disabled people, without a jot of irony or self-awareness, one declares me to be a “loony”.

But that’s hardly surprising when one of their MEPs who’s bothered to ask me directly about this, is the very same one who the parliamentary record shows used the word “autistic” in a pejorative way to attack a political opponent.

So what does all this say about Ukip and its supporters?

That too many of them appear to hold offensive and discriminatory views against disabled people.

That they embrace an unbelievable hypocrisy by repeatedly defending their own statements as “free speech”, while denouncing the right of those of us who disagree with them to do the same.

That they have been cushioned by the free ride they have enjoyed for too long in the British media, and are totally unused to being held to public account for their views and conduct, in a way other parties standing for election always have.

Ukip members should be angry if they really cared about disabled people. They should share the rage of disabled people who are by two-thirds of the victims of the iniquitous bedroom tax, have suffered the indignity of Atos “fit-for-work” tests unfit for a civilised society and that families with disabled members have been made five times worse off than others by this government’s spending and benefit cuts which the Hardest Hit coalition calculated has taken £9bn out of the pockets of Britain’s disabled people.

The newly-elected cohort of Ukip MEPs could share my own anger about Britain’s record, when comparing it to the increases in disability benefits in France and Belgium despite austerity measures, in a laudable attempt to protect disabled people from the worst ravages of the economic crisis.

But instead all we see is a mock anger from Ukip, defending the indefensible within their own party, and attacking a group like Disabled People Against The Cuts who — by the way — have robust criticisms of all parties, including Labour.

To make my own position clear.

I worked with a disability charity for nine years before being elected to the European Parliament and am unapologetically a lifelong campaigner for disability rights.

As either chair or vice-chair of Europe’s all-party Disability Rights Group of MEPs continuously since first being elected, I have and will always hold out the hand of friendship to other parties who sincerely want to work together to improve the rights of disabled people.

But like any other equalities campaigners, if I see or hear discriminatory actions or behaviour, then there is an obligation to challenge them.

Richard Howitt is the Labour MEP for the East of England and vice-chair of the European Parliament All-Party Disability Rights Group of MEPs
[Post edited 10 Oct 2014 12:29]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

UKIP got a MP then on 12:31 - Oct 10 with 1270 viewsepaul

UKIP got a MP then on 12:36 - Oct 10 with 1259 viewsLohengrin

UKIP got a MP then on 12:31 - Oct 10 by epaul

An MA in British Imperial History? Oh! I like him, Paul. I like him!

UKIP got a MP then on 12:39 - Oct 10 with 1250 viewsC_jack

It's only a protest vote.. nobody could ever decide to vote for actual change.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

UKIP got a MP then on 12:41 - Oct 10 with 1246 viewsSpratty

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/apr/28/gordon-brown-bigoted-woman

Never smugly dismiss your traditional support, it won't end well
UKIP got a MP then on 12:59 - Oct 10 with 1206 viewsperchrockjack

so now kids who ve been put into Boarding schools are now demonised.

What is going on here ?

Class War..innit

UKIP got a MP then on 13:04 - Oct 10 with 1196 viewsSpratty

UKIP got a MP then on 12:59 - Oct 10 by perchrockjack

What is going on here ?

Class War..innit

You would think having to go to boarding school was bad enough without getting slated for it by the "caring"
UKIP got a MP then on 13:19 - Oct 10 with 1178 viewsLeonisGod

UKIP got a MP then on 12:36 - Oct 10 by Lohengrin

An MA in British Imperial History? Oh! I like him, Paul. I like him!

You can't beat traditional imperials

UKIP got a MP then on 13:20 - Oct 10 with 1175 viewsperchrockjack

I had several friends who went to Brecon college as their parents worked in the forces or simply abroad.

Those now seeing the need for approbrium need to understand many people pay for their kids to go to private fee paying school in addition to paying for those who wont go to school or have to be taking by taxi to go.

Its also the case the fees are often funded by not pissing it away ,holidays or simply doing extra work. There s something innit..

The fact we have so much naked hatred for those who actually pay more than their fair share says much . If anyone is paying top rates of tax ,fookn good on them . Students are now paying massive fees so they re gonna need a well paid "rich" job just to pay it back as opposed to those who don't wanna go to school, do drugs, have problem kids, and generally waste our Emergency services time. THESE are the scum, the wasters, the fleas on the arse of our society. Millions is spent on these dysfunctional shuite.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

UKIP got a MP then on 13:25 - Oct 10 with 1169 viewsdickythorpe

Is the Monster Raving Loony party still around?

They won in my school GE 1992
UKIP got a MP then on 13:27 - Oct 10 with 1164 viewsperchrockjack

No but its President is on line now so say fook all dicky. dick

UKIP got a MP then on 14:00 - Oct 10 with 1128 viewsUxbridge

MP retains seat. World ends.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

UKIP got a MP then on 14:03 - Oct 10 with 1125 viewsLohengrin

UKIP got a MP then on 12:59 - Oct 10 by perchrockjack

What is going on here ?

Class War..innit

Yes it is.

UKIP got a MP then on 14:08 - Oct 10 with 1112 viewsskippyjack

UKIP got a MP then on 13:20 - Oct 10 by perchrockjack

I had several friends who went to Brecon college as their parents worked in the forces or simply abroad.

Those now seeing the need for approbrium need to understand many people pay for their kids to go to private fee paying school in addition to paying for those who wont go to school or have to be taking by taxi to go.

Its also the case the fees are often funded by not pissing it away ,holidays or simply doing extra work. There s something innit..

The fact we have so much naked hatred for those who actually pay more than their fair share says much . If anyone is paying top rates of tax ,fookn good on them . Students are now paying massive fees so they re gonna need a well paid "rich" job just to pay it back as opposed to those who don't wanna go to school, do drugs, have problem kids, and generally waste our Emergency services time. THESE are the scum, the wasters, the fleas on the arse of our society. Millions is spent on these dysfunctional shuite.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Give me a job then.. you b*stard!.. sorry for being dysfunctional.. I don't do drugs.. I don't have kids.. I never went to school.. I don't waste their time.. sorry for being scum.. sorry for being a waster.. sorry for being a flea on the arse of society.. millions doesn't have to be spent.. benefits being more beneficial than wages is the problem.. logic = benefits would benefit some people more than working (but it doesn't in a learning aspect)... the strategy is obvious to tackle it..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

UKIP got a MP then on 14:10 - Oct 10 with 1110 viewsepaul

""Anti-immigration rhetoric resonates in places with practically no immigrants because the British State's policy of intentional de-industrialisation has resulted in a narrowing of the prospects for so many. A policy that has been pursued for decades by parties of all colours in Westminster. Gambling our future on London's financial sector at the cost of industry in the rest of the UK has led to the erosion of community that was once anchored by a coal mine or an industrial plant - especially in areas outside the M25. What we have in place of that is an alienation across the 'peripheral' nations and regions of the UK and a generation whose collective future looks grim and devoid of opportunity. An age of zero-hours contracts and declining living standards for those cast to the post-industrial scrap heap whilst City hedge fund managers and London politicians pop champagne corks in their self-congratulatory greed. There is little wonder that so many feel so much resentment and look with fear to the future. Blame for the social and economic imbalance of Britain does not lie at the door of the Polish waiter or the Slovakian hotel receptionist. It rests with those who had no problem with a small few becoming 'filthy rich' when those at the other end of the wealth spectrum saw their economic prospects shrivel. There will be an increasing sharpening of anti-immigration rhetoric from the main London parties as they grapple with these European election results. Plaid Cymru will not be joining them."

In all corners of the European Union, a significant proportion of those who voted last week opted for parties that provided a vehicle for expressing deep dissatisfaction.

That dissatisfaction - despair even - is complicated and sincerely felt and should not be dismissed. It should be confronted.

To dismiss it would be dangerous because the stakes are so high. The politics that UKIP represents is ugly and divisive and if left unchallenged will result in a social and economic upheaval with dire consequences.

Many I met on the campaign trail who were tempted by UKIP and even those who were determined to cast a vote for that party did not necessarily share all that UKIP stands for.

These were people who were fed up with the politics-as-usual represented by carbon copy Westminster politicians and they were fearful for the future; for the country their children will inherit.

Indeed, a separation of UKIP as a party and the vast majority of its Welsh voters is essential if we're to understand the how and what of last weekend's results.

Polling has shown that on policy issues most UKIP voters disagree with the party on NHS privatisation, on introducing charges for GPs' services, on scaling back maternity and paternity entitlement or on introducing a flat tax that would benefit the richest at the expense of the poorest.

But the election wasn't about policy. After all, what other political party could get away with saying it would unveil a detailed policy platform after an election?

UKIP's surge can be traced to two primary motivations: an unprecedented displeasure of the Westminster political class that has been simmering for two decades and began to boil at the time of the MPs' expenses scandal and is now on the verge of boiling over following years of painful and inequitable austerity.

That dissatisfaction is very much centred around what the three Westminster party leaders have become. There's a reason why all three look, sound and appear the same.

It's because they are the same.

The second primary drive for increased support for UKIP was immigration.

It has been the easiest of complexities for UKIP to exploit. It is the most useful tool in their armoury to realise their dream of UK isolation.

Some are at a loss to understand why in an area like Blaenau Gwent for example - where a meagre 1.4 per cent of residents have a national identity that is not Welsh, British, Scottish or Irish - can be an apparently fertile ground for an anti-immigration message.

But that number does not illuminate the root of the problem.

We should be looking at the number of those unemployed, without essential skills and the one stat that isn't measured; the numbers who have lost all hope for the future.

Anti-immigration rhetoric resonates in places with practically no immigrants because the British State's policy of intentional de-industrialisation has resulted in a narrowing of the prospects for so many. A policy that has been pursued for decades by parties of all colours in Westminster.

Gambling our future on London's financial sector at the cost of industry in the rest of the UK has led to the erosion of community that was once anchored by a coal mine or an industrial plant - especially in areas outside the M25.

What we have in place of that is an alienation across the 'peripheral' nations and regions of the UK and a generation whose collective future looks grim and devoid of opportunity.

An age of zero-hours contracts and declining living standards for those cast to the post-industrial scrap heap whilst City hedge fund managers and London politicians pop champagne corks in their self-congratulatory greed.

There is little wonder that so many feel so much resentment and look with fear to the future.

Blame for the social and economic imbalance of Britain does not lie at the door of the Polish waiter or the Slovakian hotel receptionist.

It rests with those who had no problem with a small few becoming 'filthy rich' when those at the other end of the wealth spectrum saw their economic prospects shrivel.

There will be an increasing sharpening of anti-immigration rhetoric from the main London parties as they grapple with these European election results.

Plaid Cymru will not be joining them.

We don't need to be too forensic in our analysis of UKIP's simple solutions to realise their folly.

Their answer to a broken Westminster system is to empower it even further with enhanced centralisation and withdrawal from the EU.

It's like supplying a joy-rider with unlimited fuel.

After decades of de-industrialisation and the widening of economic and social inequality, more right-wing, unfettered free market policies would be tantamount to national masochism.

In Wales, we must build a new politics based on hope and ambition that casts aside the broken Westminster system.

We can build a new economy that draws a line under neo-liberal selfishness and greed and build for ourselves a social economy rooted in our communities.

Wales is a nation and as such, in this defining period, must rise to the obligations of nationhood. That means seizing the opportunity to build a future for ourselves.

We cannot expect others - whether they wear purple or red rosettes to deliver on our behalf.

Plaid Cymru in the coming months will set out our positive alternative to Westminster austerity and UKIP division.

It all starts with self-empowerment, ending dependency and strengthening self-government.

Only in this way will we build a country and communities where local and migrant alike can share a renewed optimism for the future.

Wales is a land of progressive people, I invite those who identify as such to join us in building a better, fairer, more equal and more prosperous Wales - as the best antidote possible to UKIPs fear and division.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024