Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey 00:43 - Nov 30 with 10269 viewsBonjour

Seems he is the new "escaped goat."

Bit of a joke to be honest.. He didn't have a great game today but was the only midfielder that looked like he might make a difference.

Ki was woeful from minute 1 and Gylfi was ineffective but each time Shelvey made a mistake he got slaughtered by the crowd.

All 3 were below par today - we need to be careful that an uneducated crowd don't get on he back of a very talented youngster and ruin him.
Shelvey on 01:09 - Nov 30 with 5546 viewsskippyjack

Yep.. Ki was poor today.. Gylfi got jedinak'd.. Shelvey is always Shelvey.. sprays a wonderful 70 yarder to Montero.. 5 seconds later he's falling over himself or giving away penalties.. missing sitters.. scoring screamers.. making cracking tackles.. then decapitation time.. brilliant passes then odd ones.. great positioning then not.. great work rate.. then lazy.. great runs then Needless runs.. I still don't know his best position... is it DM? Is it MC or is it AM.. the curious case of Jonjo Shelvey.. but somewhere inside you says he's going to be a player this kid.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Shelvey on 01:15 - Nov 30 with 5531 viewsStarsky

With all due respect Bonjour, if your classing yourself as an educated supporter then Lord help us.
You've had me scratching my head reading some of your educated opinions on the SWans players and performances for years.

It's just the internet, init.

Shelvey on 01:41 - Nov 30 with 5502 viewsParlay

Im a Shelvey fan but he was by far the worst player on the pitch today, not an "escaped goat" just a factual summation of what happened.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Shelvey on 08:57 - Nov 30 with 5311 viewsLeonisGod

Gylfi wasn't ineffective. It wasn't Jonjo's game, but that's just what he's like. Great one minute, head-scratchingly frustrating the next.
Shelvey on 09:18 - Nov 30 with 5275 viewsNeath_Jack

I've bragged Shelvey up since he got here, even said he'll be a future swans great one day, but he was poor yesterday, he should have been the first player hooked without a shadow of a doubt.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Shelvey on 10:40 - Nov 30 with 5185 viewsAl_Bundy

Ki was poor yesterday !!?!! Good grief what was people watching.
Shelvey on 10:42 - Nov 30 with 5182 viewscurleigh

Shelvey on 10:40 - Nov 30 by Al_Bundy

Ki was poor yesterday !!?!! Good grief what was people watching.

This |||||
Shelvey on 11:24 - Nov 30 with 5129 viewsDyfnant

Shelvey was being carried from the off. In hindsight should've started Caroll or Leon and pushed Ki into JJS's spot

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey on 11:31 - Nov 30 with 5117 viewsbluenile

"Ki was woeful from minute 1".........................obviously you weren't at the game.................if you were then you show that you don't know anything about football. Christ on a bike!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Shelvey on 12:11 - Nov 30 with 5057 viewsjacksinceever

Shelvey on 01:41 - Nov 30 by Parlay

Im a Shelvey fan but he was by far the worst player on the pitch today, not an "escaped goat" just a factual summation of what happened.

I really like Shelvey and his commitment is second to none. I hate when the crowd gets on Shelvey's back. This one guy in behind me did nothing but slag him off for 90 mins.
It wasn't one of Shelvey's games, the miss in the first half, plus what looked like a tap against Chamakh's boot, but he hasn't become a bad player.
Shelvey on 13:03 - Nov 30 with 5007 viewsBonjour

Shelvey on 12:11 - Nov 30 by jacksinceever

I really like Shelvey and his commitment is second to none. I hate when the crowd gets on Shelvey's back. This one guy in behind me did nothing but slag him off for 90 mins.
It wasn't one of Shelvey's games, the miss in the first half, plus what looked like a tap against Chamakh's boot, but he hasn't become a bad player.

Thing is, you play Ki in JJS's position and there's no way he makes the runs that JJS does to get beyond the front man. JJS offers this whereas none of our other midfielders do.

He's going to make mistakes because he tries to make things happen - we need that because we have players like Ki, Leon and Carroll that keep it simple.

As for Ki yesterday, if people thing that bouncing off players in tackles, not winning a tackle/header all game make for a good performance from a defensive midfielder then great.

I think my main gripe is that everyone is so quick to slate JJS when plenty around him were having equally poor games.

And as for uneducated fans - the shite that I hear week in week out about players beggars belief. Bony shouldn't be in the team being my current favourite.
Shelvey on 13:34 - Nov 30 with 4966 viewsfootball2301

Be very surprised if a few morons ruin this kid
Shelvey on 13:41 - Nov 30 with 4957 viewsJonnyTheJack

Don't forget it was his first game in what, 3 weeks?
Shelvey on 13:59 - Nov 30 with 4927 viewsDr_Winston

Shelvey's biggest problem is mental. He's got all the skill in the world, but if something goes wrong between his ears, be it a rush of blood or what looked like a total lack of confidence yesterday then you're better off subbing him.

Problem is we've only got one player capable of doing what he does. Britton or Carroll can come in and play neat, tidy football in there but neither offers the potential creative outlet that Shelvey can. It's games like yesterday where the JDG shaped hole in our midfield options becomes even more apparent.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shelvey on 15:05 - Nov 30 with 4852 viewsymaohyd

Shelvey on 13:59 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

Shelvey's biggest problem is mental. He's got all the skill in the world, but if something goes wrong between his ears, be it a rush of blood or what looked like a total lack of confidence yesterday then you're better off subbing him.

Problem is we've only got one player capable of doing what he does. Britton or Carroll can come in and play neat, tidy football in there but neither offers the potential creative outlet that Shelvey can. It's games like yesterday where the JDG shaped hole in our midfield options becomes even more apparent.

Spot on.

I hope we add goals in midfield in Jan.

A great deal was made of the fact that we didn't bring a defensive midfielder in during the summer, looking at the stats now do we need one?

A great many of PL games are evenly matched. AN obvious thing to say, but goals change games. We are playing well, however we need game changers. I hate to see young players being got at by the crowd, however, Shelvey has got to start scoring more regularly, if he doesn't then his position at the club must be under threat.

We tend to dominate games (statistically not as much in previous seasons), play good football, that will be all be to no avail if we don't build on it, by scoring at those opportune times in games.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Shelvey on 15:30 - Nov 30 with 4816 viewsbuilthjack

Worse player in the team yesterday. Jogs back instead of sprints, very lazy. Hasn't a brain a lot of the time. He should by now have developed and improved. He hasn't.
A move back to London in the summer, try and recoup what we paid for him.
No good having one good game and three bad ones.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Shelvey on 16:07 - Nov 30 with 4771 viewsdailew

Shelvey on 13:03 - Nov 30 by Bonjour

Thing is, you play Ki in JJS's position and there's no way he makes the runs that JJS does to get beyond the front man. JJS offers this whereas none of our other midfielders do.

He's going to make mistakes because he tries to make things happen - we need that because we have players like Ki, Leon and Carroll that keep it simple.

As for Ki yesterday, if people thing that bouncing off players in tackles, not winning a tackle/header all game make for a good performance from a defensive midfielder then great.

I think my main gripe is that everyone is so quick to slate JJS when plenty around him were having equally poor games.

And as for uneducated fans - the shite that I hear week in week out about players beggars belief. Bony shouldn't be in the team being my current favourite.

"As for Ki yesterday, if people thing that bouncing off players in tackles, not winning a tackle/header all game make for a good performance from a defensive midfielder then great. "

?

Here's a quote from the guestbook.

"Ki (8) - fast becoming my unsung hero, this lad got through tons of good work and hard graft in the middle of the park. Particularly noticable was the number of headers he was asked to compete for against some real brusiers, but he didn't shirk it and won his fair share. Great to see that he's discovered his hard edge.
"

That's how I saw it as well.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 16:36]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Shelvey on 16:39 - Nov 30 with 4725 viewsJackToff

Shelvey on 16:07 - Nov 30 by dailew

"As for Ki yesterday, if people thing that bouncing off players in tackles, not winning a tackle/header all game make for a good performance from a defensive midfielder then great. "

?

"Ki (8) - fast becoming my unsung hero, this lad got through tons of good work and hard graft in the middle of the park. Particularly noticable was the number of headers he was asked to compete for against some real brusiers, but he didn't shirk it and won his fair share. Great to see that he's discovered his hard edge.
"

Ah you do love shelves don't you
Shelvey on 16:57 - Nov 30 with 4684 viewsdailew

Shelvey on 16:39 - Nov 30 by JackToff

Ah you do love shelves don't you

Not as much as you love Laudrop.

Shelvey had a poor game yesterday. That's why I haven't defended him.
He should perhaps be better used as an impact sub. We looked more likely to get back into the game better against Citeh once he came on.

Would like to see Leon, Ki, Gylfi to start v QPR.

Shelvey on 17:00 - Nov 30 with 4674 viewsBonjour

?

"

Opinions huh?

I saw him compete for headers - just didn't win many. I also saw him put on his arse a few times in the tackle. Not his best game by a million miles.
Shelvey on 17:02 - Nov 30 with 4667 viewspencoedjack

Shelvey on 13:59 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

Spot on
Shelvey on 17:04 - Nov 30 with 4661 viewsdailew

Shelvey on 17:00 - Nov 30 by Bonjour

Opinions huh?

I saw him compete for headers - just didn't win many. I also saw him put on his arse a few times in the tackle. Not his best game by a million miles.

Didn't win many or didn't win any?

Make your mind up.

According to this site he won more aerial duels than any player on the pitch, including center backs. Ash was next.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829665/Live/England-Premier-League-2014-2015-Sw

Impartial statistics huh?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 17:17]

Shelvey on 17:32 - Nov 30 with 4607 viewsJackToff

Shelvey on 16:57 - Nov 30 by dailew

Not as much as you love Laudrop.

Shelvey had a poor game yesterday. That's why I haven't defended him.
He should perhaps be better used as an impact sub. We looked more likely to get back into the game better against Citeh once he came on.

Would like to see Leon, Ki, Gylfi to start v QPR.

Think that would be more hating unfairness
Shelvey on 17:34 - Nov 30 with 4603 viewsmonmouth

?

"

Can't believe they missed the chance to say Ki was becoming their Yeung-Sung hero

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shelvey on 20:59 - Nov 30 with 4444 viewsBonjour

Shelvey on 17:04 - Nov 30 by dailew

Didn't win many or didn't win any?

Make your mind up.

According to this site he won more aerial duels than any player on the pitch, including center backs. Ash was next.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829665/Live/England-Premier-League-2014-2015-Sw

Impartial statistics huh?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 17:17]

Haha. Good old statistics eh?

If I could be arsed I reckon I could find you numerous stats on yesterday and they'd all be different.
I was there and saw it with my own eyes. My mates and I have a running discussion about who should start in midfield so we do pay attention, probably too much, to how they play.

Anyway, it isn't my intention to just slate Ki. I just want to point out that all 3 midfielders were poor/ineffective yesterday but JJS is getting unfairly slaughtered imo.

JJS, Leon and Gylfi for me if all fit, with Ki to come on and see the game out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024