Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where would Swansea city fc be today 17:36 - Dec 24 with 2293 viewsdgt73

If the current owners hadn't stepped in when they did.?????????????

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 17:43 - Dec 24 with 1799 viewsjack247

Ticket prices would be lower
Where would Swansea city fc be today on 17:45 - Dec 24 with 1789 viewspencoedjack

There wouldn't be a Swansea City.
Where would Swansea city fc be today on 17:45 - Dec 24 with 1789 viewsdgt73

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 17:43 - Dec 24 by jack247

Ticket prices would be lower

Definitely and less vending machines.

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 17:46 - Dec 24 with 1783 viewsOldjack

Below them up the road, and that will never do ,Sir Hubert and co should be given the freedom of the city

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 17:47 - Dec 24 with 1777 viewsdgt73

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 17:45 - Dec 24 by pencoedjack

There wouldn't be a Swansea City.

Are you sure there seems plenty of people on here who think they could do a decent job.

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 17:50 - Dec 24 with 1754 viewsJackhero

Top 4? Champions League?

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 17:55 - Dec 24 with 1732 viewspencoedjack

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 17:47 - Dec 24 by dgt73

Are you sure there seems plenty of people on here who think they could do a decent job.

Think being the appropriate word
Where would Swansea city fc be today on 17:58 - Dec 24 with 1724 viewsdgt73

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 17:55 - Dec 24 by pencoedjack

Think being the appropriate word

Aye you are probably right.

Login to get fewer ads

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 18:33 - Dec 24 with 1648 viewsC_jack

Probably looking forward to our derby with Wrecsam on Boxing Day

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 19:01 - Dec 24 with 1600 viewsGundog

Up S-it creek without a paddle

Poll: should Leon still be the main man in midfield

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 19:40 - Dec 24 with 1512 viewsBrynmill_Jack

And this weeks happy clapper of the week award goes to DGT. Incredible insight.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 20:09 - Dec 24 with 1470 viewsEdmundo

Conference south or Welsh league!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 21:39 - Dec 24 with 1351 viewsVetchitBack

I'm quite aware that this is oversimplifying. But I'd rather Lee Dineen doing ok and Swans doing brilliant than Lee doing not so good and Swans doing terrible. I can live with the current set-up I find it strange that others can't.

And I refer others to my first sentence one again.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2014 21:40]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 22:11 - Dec 24 with 1297 viewsGlyn1

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 21:39 - Dec 24 by VetchitBack

I'm quite aware that this is oversimplifying. But I'd rather Lee Dineen doing ok and Swans doing brilliant than Lee doing not so good and Swans doing terrible. I can live with the current set-up I find it strange that others can't.

And I refer others to my first sentence one again.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2014 21:40]

If the club was foreign owned and your only contribution was paying your season ticket - but the club was doing very well in the PL or the Champuonsip then you would be happy with that? Not stirring, just asking.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 22:20 - Dec 24 with 1277 viewsVetchitBack

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 22:11 - Dec 24 by Glyn1

If the club was foreign owned and your only contribution was paying your season ticket - but the club was doing very well in the PL or the Champuonsip then you would be happy with that? Not stirring, just asking.

No I detest modern football I've been hanging by a thread since we moved to The Liberty.

A foreign owner would finish things for me.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 23:42 - Dec 24 with 1199 viewsMillie

Loves it I does, you?
Where would Swansea city fc be today on 23:48 - Dec 24 with 1180 viewsperchrockjack

If they had lost out, so would the club.

We profit, they reap rewards. Good on them..

But they must progress us further along the road.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 09:21 - Dec 26 with 974 viewsglobus10

Is it an age thing?
If you are 40 to 60 you remember perhaps the bad times and also Toshack's days. If you are younger and have only really experienced the rise up the league and the Liberty times then perhaps they do not appreciate what we have at the moment.
For me it's a situation we could have only ever dreamed of...Fantasy land...even Villa today is fantasy land.
As far as iam concerned the board are the same as us..they may make mistakes but they will always have the club at heart.
Where would Swansea city fc be today on 09:30 - Dec 26 with 958 viewsmikecranleigh

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 09:21 - Dec 26 by globus10

Is it an age thing?
If you are 40 to 60 you remember perhaps the bad times and also Toshack's days. If you are younger and have only really experienced the rise up the league and the Liberty times then perhaps they do not appreciate what we have at the moment.
For me it's a situation we could have only ever dreamed of...Fantasy land...even Villa today is fantasy land.
As far as iam concerned the board are the same as us..they may make mistakes but they will always have the club at heart.

Well said
Where would Swansea city fc be today on 09:41 - Dec 26 with 934 viewsdgt73

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 19:40 - Dec 24 by Brynmill_Jack

And this weeks happy clapper of the week award goes to DGT. Incredible insight.

You miss the point spectacularly. The point being some people can't see the woods for the trees.

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 09:43 - Dec 26 with 933 viewsBatterseajack

I don't quite understand this notion that the current owners are not allowed to profiteer from being in charge Of the club whilst overseeing the huge rise. There also seems to be a belief with some that Leigh in particular has had shady dealings with this club in which there isn't a shred of evidence that this has happened.
Where would Swansea city fc be today on 09:45 - Dec 26 with 927 viewsdgt73

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 09:43 - Dec 26 by Batterseajack

I don't quite understand this notion that the current owners are not allowed to profiteer from being in charge Of the club whilst overseeing the huge rise. There also seems to be a belief with some that Leigh in particular has had shady dealings with this club in which there isn't a shred of evidence that this has happened.

Please don't bring common sence into the debate.

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 09:53 - Dec 26 with 914 viewsMillie

I remember talking to people after Hull (2003). We all felt so much relief but the main talking point was that we need to push on, to a man, we all thought premier league was beyond us but felt we could make league 1 and maybe have the odd season in the championship, I'm loving the ride and look forward to see what the next 10 years bring.
Where would Swansea city fc be today on 09:57 - Dec 26 with 904 viewsdgt73

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 09:53 - Dec 26 by Millie

I remember talking to people after Hull (2003). We all felt so much relief but the main talking point was that we need to push on, to a man, we all thought premier league was beyond us but felt we could make league 1 and maybe have the odd season in the championship, I'm loving the ride and look forward to see what the next 10 years bring.

Absolutely. Any idiot can pick holes in past events. The future is bright the future is Scfc.

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 10:53 - Dec 26 with 842 viewssixpenses

Where would Swansea city fc be today on 09:43 - Dec 26 by Batterseajack

No one could question what has been achieved at this club. This is very different to not being able to question anything or bullying anyone who does.

Profiteer is an ugly word but certainly beyond excellent financial returns, well paid and prestigeious employement for some and the joy of being at the forefront of our club some will have benifitted in their own businesses purly by association with the club. No problem with any of that.

What should always be questioned is that proper controls are in place when contracts are awarded to ensure they represent best VFM and that when those contracts are awarded to shareholders / families and associates and those closely associated with the club they bear close scrutiny that no advantage has been given over other tenders. All standard good business practice.

As for selling their shares for multi millions good luck to them if they can do that without causing any disadantage to our club. They are individuals who at the end of the day will have individual best interest at heart. However the Trust by it's nature and by the contributions of the true philanthoropists who have freely given without any reward except personal knowledge of doing what is in the best interest of the club and that alone, is different. This is taken forward by members and representative who it is intended are protected from greed because they have nothing personal to gain beyond the good of the club.

However

* If the shares are only worth millions with the full aquiescence of the Trust in the sale, then they are NOT worth millions in the first place

* If the Trust aquiesce and facilitate the pocketing of additional millions by the shareholders - the buyers will expect to get this money (that the club has not seen a penny of) and much much more out of the club

* If there is any chink in the sale agreement to allow subsequent full takeover of the club by foreign investors then although already well rewarded the selling sharholders are acting in total self interests to gain additional windfall profits whilst potentially feeding the club to the wolves

If you buy a sick goose and fatten it up for Christmas is that altruism or self interest? Any action that leaves the merest chink for full take over by foreign investors and this is Turkey's voting for christmas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024