Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Taylor 09:04 - Feb 23 with 5291 viewscurleigh

After watching the highlights on MOTD & again on Goals on Sunday, anyone else notice how out of postion Neil Taylor was for their goal, as a left back he was standing next to Ash and Fernandez around the penalty spot, as a LEFT back he should have seen Herrerer in acres on his own. dragged out of postion for no apparent reason, and made another half arsed attempt to block by turning his back on the ball. not for the first time.
Neil Taylor on 09:08 - Feb 23 with 5260 viewsPrivate_Partz

I thought he was out of position. I remember thinking he should not be in there whilst there is a player behind him in acres of space to run in. I see loads of players turning their back on a shot and agree they should face up. They are paid enough and a nose job is cheap for them ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Neil Taylor on 09:53 - Feb 23 with 5128 viewsWireSwan

Agree, he's gotta do a better job there. In his defence he squeezed in as there was an attacker (can't remember who off top of head) free and moving in behind Ash - but talk to each other. Gotta be aware of Herrera coming in at back - that's NT's job. Needed to shout.
Neil Taylor on 10:30 - Feb 23 with 5012 viewsClinton

Was the diamond to blame?
No left winger to cover.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Neil Taylor on 10:39 - Feb 23 with 4988 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Bit harsh - possibly at fault but without wingers there was a lot of drifting going on between midfielders and attackers when they were switching play

To be honest I thought he had a very good game on Saturday.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Neil Taylor on 11:01 - Feb 23 with 4935 viewsScoobyWho

Taylor has been caught out time and time again this season, Ash is moving over to compensate for Taylor's poor positioning and leaves space in the middle which is why we are conceding goals from the right hand side so often.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Neil Taylor on 12:00 - Feb 23 with 4835 viewscurleigh

Neil Taylor on 11:01 - Feb 23 by ScoobyWho

Taylor has been caught out time and time again this season, Ash is moving over to compensate for Taylor's poor positioning and leaves space in the middle which is why we are conceding goals from the right hand side so often.

If he had kept our "shape" i.e. ball watching insteadof being aware of his positioning he would have closed down/prevented Herrera shooting the only attacker i can recall was Rooney on the edge of the box, who in turn laid the ball to Herrera
Neil Taylor on 12:30 - Feb 23 with 4749 viewsDr_Winston

LB is a position we need a significant upgrade in come the summer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Neil Taylor on 12:35 - Feb 23 with 4729 viewsdameedna

He was covering the middle and it was a spawny effort that just went in and was almost blocked by Williams. The whole team limited the oppo to a few chances and Taylor blocked or cleared plenty, not always passed to a man but nearly all were stretched at times.

What I did see is Fernandez take the ball off Fellani before Ki and Shelvey combined for the Gomis goal.

There were plenty of errors by United in defence that lead to 5 good chances that could have been put away by Gomis (2), Ki (2) and Fernandez (1), a number of through balls to Gomis (3) and Routledge (1) that would have been clean through plus an offside from Gylfi to Gomis that was inches away. That's 10 good chances created going fwd.
Login to get fewer ads

Neil Taylor on 12:54 - Feb 23 with 4660 viewsmonmouth

He'd probably tucked in anticipating the cross from Shaw, not the cut back to the edge. A positional error but that's going to happen from time to time. You could equally ask why one of our plethora of midfield players wasn't tracking one of their plethora of midfield players. he was in the left back channel though for sure, in splendid isolation.

Full back is a pig of a position. Even worse these days when you're expected to run up and down all game attacking as well. Thankless.

(Guess where I hated playing!)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Neil Taylor on 13:39 - Feb 23 with 4533 viewsfootball2301

goal was down to him
Neil Taylor on 13:56 - Feb 23 with 4480 viewsGreatBritton

Neil Taylor on 13:39 - Feb 23 by football2301

goal was down to him

The way I saw it, from the other end of the ground, it was Shaw leaving Naughton for dead and Fede having to come across to cover. That pulled Ash to that side and NT must have felt he had to tuck in too. Rooney didn't do what most strikers would have done and accordingly Herrera was freed up. Neil had a reasonably good game apart from diving in (again) early on. Ash was dominant but I have to praise Cork once more for the job he did on Fellaini - made him look like the gangly poor man's Crouch/Carroll that he is
Neil Taylor on 15:01 - Feb 23 with 4402 viewsfootball2301

Neil Taylor on 13:56 - Feb 23 by GreatBritton

The way I saw it, from the other end of the ground, it was Shaw leaving Naughton for dead and Fede having to come across to cover. That pulled Ash to that side and NT must have felt he had to tuck in too. Rooney didn't do what most strikers would have done and accordingly Herrera was freed up. Neil had a reasonably good game apart from diving in (again) early on. Ash was dominant but I have to praise Cork once more for the job he did on Fellaini - made him look like the gangly poor man's Crouch/Carroll that he is

the goal was down to him if he had just opened his body up like he should of been taught then he would seen herrera and been closer to him but like most full backs he came in close to ash so couldn't see the danger he should of been taught that when getting ready to deal with a switch of play the golden rule is that you can see 3 corner flags opposing 2 and the one from where the ball is coming if he did this we wouldn't of conceded that goal and loads of others like it he and rangel often get blind sided
Neil Taylor on 15:12 - Feb 23 with 4376 viewskarnataka

Neil Taylor on 13:39 - Feb 23 by football2301

goal was down to him

I'm finding this Neil Taylor Witch Hunt thread a bit sickening to be honest.

We played an unfamiliar formation and no player is going to learn and perfect a whole new set of positioning habits first time out and to start with they will all still be reacting to any given situation in the same tried and trusted way they have for the previous 25 games until any changes become familiar and they react differently.

We had nobody permanently in the left wing position who would normally be expected to track back on our left side when we're defending which meant that side was frequently exposed. That is one of the risks of playing the formation we used. At times we had 5 central midfielders and if we do play that way again, they will have to be far more aware of the defensive frailties that it creates in certain areas and react differently when we're attacked.

Their attack came very quickly down our right side and the once they'd got behind Naughton which was partly because we had no permanent right winger either, the whole defence, not just NT, moved across to cover vulnerable gaps nearer the goal and with nobody tracking back, our left was exposed.

If we'd scored that goal against them, we'd be purring over the way we attacked with pace and quickly moved the ball about to work an opening and I can't imagine anyone on here saying we'd only scored because one of their defenders was out of position. In fact, we'd probably be claiming that it was the movement of our players that had dragged their defenders out of position. In fact, if Ash had been dragged across to the right by only a yard or so less, he'd have comfortably blocked that Herrera shot so was he just as much out of position and just as much to blame then?

NT had a decent game, sure he's not our best player but he was an integral part of a defence that was under the cosh for a lot of that game and stood firm ensuring Fabianski had nothing of real difficulty to deal with. Credit where it's due IMO.

Get some perspective ffs.
Neil Taylor on 15:29 - Feb 23 with 4336 viewswhiterock

Tayls is doing a decent enough job and whilst still not back to his best is far closer now than he was a few months ago, these injuries take time and he's improving week on week.
Neil Taylor on 15:54 - Feb 23 with 4293 viewsScoobyWho

Neil Taylor on 15:12 - Feb 23 by karnataka

We played an unfamiliar formation and no player is going to learn and perfect a whole new set of positioning habits first time out and to start with they will all still be reacting to any given situation in the same tried and trusted way they have for the previous 25 games until any changes become familiar and they react differently.

We had nobody permanently in the left wing position who would normally be expected to track back on our left side when we're defending which meant that side was frequently exposed. That is one of the risks of playing the formation we used. At times we had 5 central midfielders and if we do play that way again, they will have to be far more aware of the defensive frailties that it creates in certain areas and react differently when we're attacked.

Their attack came very quickly down our right side and the once they'd got behind Naughton which was partly because we had no permanent right winger either, the whole defence, not just NT, moved across to cover vulnerable gaps nearer the goal and with nobody tracking back, our left was exposed.

If we'd scored that goal against them, we'd be purring over the way we attacked with pace and quickly moved the ball about to work an opening and I can't imagine anyone on here saying we'd only scored because one of their defenders was out of position. In fact, we'd probably be claiming that it was the movement of our players that had dragged their defenders out of position. In fact, if Ash had been dragged across to the right by only a yard or so less, he'd have comfortably blocked that Herrera shot so was he just as much out of position and just as much to blame then?

NT had a decent game, sure he's not our best player but he was an integral part of a defence that was under the cosh for a lot of that game and stood firm ensuring Fabianski had nothing of real difficulty to deal with. Credit where it's due IMO.

Well, its either a discussion about his style of play as we see it and dialogue as fans regards the pro's and cons of his involvement. Or indeed a witch hunt.

I'm going with the former based on the responses.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Neil Taylor on 10:36 - Feb 24 with 4055 viewsMillJack

Is, of course, the correct answer.

People are quick to criticise individuals without considering the role of the team, and tactics, within situations during the game.

There was nothing wrong with his positioning for the goal. We set ourselves up to deal with crosses from their wide players, which is what we dealt with for most of the game. In this case you want your FB tucking in behind the CH to deal with crosses. On this occasion Man Utd switched quickly through the midfield which left Taylor exposed (due to our lack of a LM whose job would normally be to cover the FB). The only thing which Taylor can be criticised on is the fact that he turned his back, he did try to make himself big though.

Taylor played his part in a superb rear-guard action against a Man Utd team with multi-million pounds worth of talent in their team, including a £60million man who barely did a thing all game.

This witch-hunt is exactly as Karnataka says....sickening.
Neil Taylor on 10:54 - Feb 24 with 4031 viewsBloodyhills

I thought it was one of his better games but generally, he leaves his man go and then just about always allows them to get a ball into the box. It's a shame that he has not recovered the form he had before his injury but I think he's had a good amount of time to get back to form and it doesn't look like he will do it. Reluctantly I'd say we need a new and better leftback.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Neil Taylor on 11:24 - Feb 24 with 3998 viewsOldjack

nevermind the build up ,he had time to close that shot down, he didn't ,and too make matters worse he turned on the shot ,fuking grow a pair mun ,i hate it when players turn their back on a shot

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Neil Taylor on 12:06 - Feb 24 with 3953 viewsJokeren1943

Taylor is a fine defender. Much better then Davies (who has more attacking abilities).

Shiite happens sometimes. Even for Taylor.
Neil Taylor on 13:19 - Feb 24 with 3881 viewsperchrockjack

He ain't perfect but by feck he s a warrior and a tough kid.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Neil Taylor on 13:43 - Feb 24 with 3849 viewswaynekerr55

Neil Taylor on 10:36 - Feb 24 by MillJack

Is, of course, the correct answer.

People are quick to criticise individuals without considering the role of the team, and tactics, within situations during the game.

There was nothing wrong with his positioning for the goal. We set ourselves up to deal with crosses from their wide players, which is what we dealt with for most of the game. In this case you want your FB tucking in behind the CH to deal with crosses. On this occasion Man Utd switched quickly through the midfield which left Taylor exposed (due to our lack of a LM whose job would normally be to cover the FB). The only thing which Taylor can be criticised on is the fact that he turned his back, he did try to make himself big though.

Taylor played his part in a superb rear-guard action against a Man Utd team with multi-million pounds worth of talent in their team, including a £60million man who barely did a thing all game.

This witch-hunt is exactly as Karnataka says....sickening.

I'm guilty of this, but I think the reason people jump on him is his past conduct and perceived arrogance have come back to bite him on the backside.

He's been decent this year, but he could be improved on

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Neil Taylor on 14:12 - Feb 24 with 3820 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Exactly

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Neil Taylor on 21:24 - Feb 24 with 3638 viewshydraulicjack

Sorry but Taylor is not good enough he's a championship defender at most and we should have snatched the 4 mil on offer in the trf window

********************TRUST NO-ONE************************

Neil Taylor on 21:43 - Feb 24 with 3598 viewsDr_Winston

People have convinced themselves that breaking his leg has degraded Taylor as a player, when the truth is he was no better before then than he is now. Tidy enough defensively, not much cop going forward, but a decent option for a newly promoted PL club.

Ben Davies' performances over the last two seasons showed us what an established PL club should be looking for in a left back, and Taylor just can't live up to that example. Naturally he looks inferior in comparison to what we became used to.

We could do worse than keep him around as backup, but backup is all he should be if we've got designs on regular top ten finishes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Neil Taylor on 08:44 - Feb 25 with 3359 viewswaynekerr55

Neil Taylor on 21:43 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

People have convinced themselves that breaking his leg has degraded Taylor as a player, when the truth is he was no better before then than he is now. Tidy enough defensively, not much cop going forward, but a decent option for a newly promoted PL club.

Ben Davies' performances over the last two seasons showed us what an established PL club should be looking for in a left back, and Taylor just can't live up to that example. Naturally he looks inferior in comparison to what we became used to.

We could do worse than keep him around as backup, but backup is all he should be if we've got designs on regular top ten finishes.

Would the public bleating from the Muppet Moralee be worth it Doc?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024