Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... 13:17 - Feb 3 with 7692 viewsTrundle10

Shelvey for me, more direct and will work harder in defence. Him and Gomis looked a good pairing v Saints too.

*stands back and waits to get slaughtered.......
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 13:21 - Feb 3 with 4039 viewsMattG

Gylfi for me although agree that Jonjo and Bafe did link up well on Sunday.
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 13:21 - Feb 3 with 4039 viewsDevz00

So you'd drop Siggy or play him in CM?

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 13:24 - Feb 3 with 4016 viewsTrundle10

Gylfi is a great player but I feel Shelvey offers us more when we havnt got the ball and may have been better suited in recent matches had he not been banned. Sigurddson does go missing in games although he is fantastic with the ball at his feet and linking up with Bony, not so sure if him and Gomis will be so good..... Nice problem to have tho.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 13:25]
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 13:24 - Feb 3 with 4015 viewsMattG

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 13:21 - Feb 3 by Devz00

So you'd drop Siggy or play him in CM?

Neither.
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 13:26 - Feb 3 with 3996 viewsDevz00

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 13:24 - Feb 3 by MattG

Neither.

Sorry, that was a Q for the OP.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 13:39 - Feb 3 with 3941 viewsMattG

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 13:26 - Feb 3 by Devz00

Sorry, that was a Q for the OP.

I should have realised that - sorry!

I think we've seen enough already to know the Gylfi plays as CAM or not at all. Will be interesting to see if he can forge as good a relationship with Gomis as he did with Bony - I think he will but it's great to have Shelvey as an alternative.
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 13:46 - Feb 3 with 3905 viewsmacthejack

Siggy offers us a lot in defence it's just higher up the pitch. I like Jonjo but Sigurdsson is the superior player, he's capable of producing that moment of match winning magic and is more consistent than Jonjo.

I watched a video of his highlights in his first stint with us and it really drove hope what a talented and important player he's been for us. YJB
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 13:53 - Feb 3 with 3869 viewsParlay

Siggy looks lost when played in a traditional central midfield role, he is a number 10 all day long. As for who I would prefer, then that is Siggy. But shelvey in the attacking role can be a potent weapon and like Siggy should never be played in a traditional central midfield role but for very different reasons.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:04 - Feb 3 with 3851 viewsfootball2301

i think with our wide players not performing at the moment and we are close to safety i would like us to experiment with fab
naughton fernandes ash taylor cork briton ki
shelvey siggy
gomis

especially at home
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:11 - Feb 3 with 3814 viewsfootball2301

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:04 - Feb 3 by football2301

i think with our wide players not performing at the moment and we are close to safety i would like us to experiment with fab
naughton fernandes ash taylor cork briton ki
shelvey siggy
gomis

especially at home

fab

naughton fernandes ash taylor

briton cork ki

shelvey siggy

gomis
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:15 - Feb 3 with 3800 viewssully49

It would be great if we could play them both because they both bring different things to the party. GM has a few midfielders on the books these days, his management skills will be tested in who will he leave out rather than who to put in, trying to keep everyone motivated as a squad player will be a bit fraught though. And then there's Little Britton.

I hope he doesn't give into the obvious temptation of rotating players as we need stability now with players getting game time together. It begs the question, what will he do when we reach the magical 40pts?

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:16 - Feb 3 with 3796 viewsKingsJack

Hmm...

Sigurdsson
4 goals, 8 assists

Shelvey
2 goals, 1 assists
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:16 - Feb 3 with 3793 viewsLeonisGod

Works harder in defence.... Shelvey couldn't get close to Siggy's work rate at closing down further up the pitch. I'd play Siggy, but agree with the general feeling that he has looked a bit out of sorts lately (carrying an injury too). Although having said that his goal against Blackburn showed he can create a goal out of nothing just as well as Shelvey, if not better.

Just because Siggy has had a couple of 'mares in an unusual deeper role for him doesn't mean he's turned into a bad player overnight.
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:32 - Feb 3 with 3751 viewsfootball2301

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:16 - Feb 3 by KingsJack

Hmm...

Sigurdsson
4 goals, 8 assists

Shelvey
2 goals, 1 assists

siggy in the hole shelvey holding hmm..
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:37 - Feb 3 with 3736 viewslondonlisa2001

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:16 - Feb 3 by KingsJack

Hmm...

Sigurdsson
4 goals, 8 assists

Shelvey
2 goals, 1 assists

not sure it's a fair stat given that Shelvey hasn't played as AM this year really.

I thought he did well on Sunday and linked really well with Gomis as well.

Given that Siggy has not been 100% fit, I would think we should celebrate that we have two good players for that position and use them both. If one is ineffective, use the other. Swap them around, bring a bit of difference during a match. But let's use shelvey in his best position, not force him further back and then moan that he's not good there. Siggy is not good further back either (in fact JJS is better of the two). Now we have Cork on board, we can start using them all in the proper positions.
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 15:06 - Feb 3 with 3666 viewsLeonisGod

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 13:39 - Feb 3 by MattG

I should have realised that - sorry!

I think we've seen enough already to know the Gylfi plays as CAM or not at all. Will be interesting to see if he can forge as good a relationship with Gomis as he did with Bony - I think he will but it's great to have Shelvey as an alternative.

I'd like to see a different Siggy than the one that played with Bony. In his first spell with us he used to get in the box a lot more, but with Bony it was all about feeding Bony at his expense. A more selfish Siggy chipping in with a few more goals would be very nice to see for the rest of the season.
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 15:21 - Feb 3 with 3634 viewsKingsJack

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:37 - Feb 3 by londonlisa2001

not sure it's a fair stat given that Shelvey hasn't played as AM this year really.

I thought he did well on Sunday and linked really well with Gomis as well.

Given that Siggy has not been 100% fit, I would think we should celebrate that we have two good players for that position and use them both. If one is ineffective, use the other. Swap them around, bring a bit of difference during a match. But let's use shelvey in his best position, not force him further back and then moan that he's not good there. Siggy is not good further back either (in fact JJS is better of the two). Now we have Cork on board, we can start using them all in the proper positions.

I take your point that the stats may appear slightly biased given Gylfi has predominantly featured higher up the pitch than Jonjo. I do believe that to seriously entertain the idea that Shelvey would play the AM role better is a bit obtuse.

I've been a fan of Jonjo. I think he's given us that tenacious, nasty bite that we've probably lacked since Bodde. He has moments of brilliance (most of his goals seem to be worldies; when his hollywood, Gerrard-esque cross-field passes come off) but more commonly these days moments of sheer frustration. He's only 22 so still has plenty of time to grow and learn. For me he had 3 key passages of play against Southampton - obviously his goal, the shot off the post and the ball through to Gomis in the first half. Apart from that I thought he was a bit of a passenger and his performance in the midfield 3 was overshadowed by Fulton who was brilliant given it was only his 2nd Premier League start.

I think it's fair to say that our system requires a certain type of player. Hardworking, determined and most importantly intelligent. I'm not 100% sure Shelvey is a perfect fit for our system. But then again he scored on the weekend and got us an unlikely 3 points, that's the Jonjo enigma.
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 15:22 - Feb 3 with 3631 viewsUxbridge

I'm still struggling with this Shelvey offers us something in defence argument.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 15:29 - Feb 3 with 3613 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Platoon them - divide the minutes up almost equally or depending on opponent.

Each has his strengths and weaknesses (nobody can replace Siggy free kicks, for instance).

Siggy has had nagging injury issues, and Jonjo doesn't have the best fitness, so it would be the best way to keep them fresh and hopefully fit. Hoping to see a lot of both of them (hopefully enough to keep JJS happy) over the final 15 games of the season.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 15:33 - Feb 3 with 3599 viewsZut_Alors

Anyone think there could be a formation to get Ki, Cork, Shelvey and Siggy in?

Diamond midfield maybe?

Siggy
Montero Ki Shelvey
Cork
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 15:33]
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 15:39 - Feb 3 with 3583 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 14:11 - Feb 3 by football2301

fab

naughton fernandes ash taylor

briton cork ki

shelvey siggy

gomis

The Christmas Tree formation with no wingers.

Max Hicks of ESPN proposed this just yesterday.

http://www.espnfc.us/club/swansea-city/318/blog/post/2278573/swansea-play-to-she

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 15:46 - Feb 3 with 3560 viewspencoedjack

Siggy would be the 1st name on my team sheet, which is a shame as I rate JJS very highly

A lot of posters were shipping him off to Palace for around 5 million not so long ago ... Hope your hanging your heads in shame.

[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 15:50]
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 15:46 - Feb 3 with 3559 viewsfootball2301

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 15:39 - Feb 3 by Tummer_from_Texas

The Christmas Tree formation with no wingers.

Max Hicks of ESPN proposed this just yesterday.

http://www.espnfc.us/club/swansea-city/318/blog/post/2278573/swansea-play-to-she

he has a brain then i just think they are our best players at the moment so get them on the pitch together as i said especially at home as we are nearly safe we haven't got a lot to lose trying we haven't been fantastic with our other systems
Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 15:55 - Feb 3 with 3518 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

JJS is our most naturally gifted player no doubt , he has it all in his locker , he just needs to get it together .
I read he covered more ground Sunday than everyone in the team bar Tom Carrol .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 15:57 - Feb 3 with 3515 viewslondonlisa2001

Shelvey or Sigurddson as CAM...... on 15:21 - Feb 3 by KingsJack

I take your point that the stats may appear slightly biased given Gylfi has predominantly featured higher up the pitch than Jonjo. I do believe that to seriously entertain the idea that Shelvey would play the AM role better is a bit obtuse.

I've been a fan of Jonjo. I think he's given us that tenacious, nasty bite that we've probably lacked since Bodde. He has moments of brilliance (most of his goals seem to be worldies; when his hollywood, Gerrard-esque cross-field passes come off) but more commonly these days moments of sheer frustration. He's only 22 so still has plenty of time to grow and learn. For me he had 3 key passages of play against Southampton - obviously his goal, the shot off the post and the ball through to Gomis in the first half. Apart from that I thought he was a bit of a passenger and his performance in the midfield 3 was overshadowed by Fulton who was brilliant given it was only his 2nd Premier League start.

I think it's fair to say that our system requires a certain type of player. Hardworking, determined and most importantly intelligent. I'm not 100% sure Shelvey is a perfect fit for our system. But then again he scored on the weekend and got us an unlikely 3 points, that's the Jonjo enigma.

I agree that Siggy to me is the better player in that position at the moment when both are fully fit. I like JJS as a great option though.

He did quite a lot of closing down of space on Sunday I thought. Although I also thought that he looked a little slow on occasion, and seems to me to be carrying a bit of excess weight which can't help. Overall though I thought it was a very committed performance from him - great discipline as well (which was fantastic to see) and his innate talent is simply not in question. I really hope that over the next few years he can develop into an exceptional player for us - I think he has the tools to do that, if he can remain focused and is prepared to work hard.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024