Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
School football v School rugby 11:42 - Mar 30 with 678 viewsyogibear_412

Massive gulf between the number of games played in secondary school. I work in a school where the pe dept is run by rugby guys....they got rugby fixtures planned and timetabled every week from sept onwards. Football is an after thought and the pupils might get the odd game.

ended up taking it upon myself to get football going in the school even though I'm not a pe teacher. Just wondering are your kids playing enough footy in school? And against other schools?

Very little drive for football because of a constant conveyor belt of rugby orientated pe teachers.

Responses welcome.
School football v School rugby on 12:29 - Mar 30 with 627 viewsjackb

But outside of school football is played and watched much more. I think most kids play for clubs outside of school
School football v School rugby on 12:52 - Mar 30 with 600 viewsC_jack

Rugby has always been more of a school sport, than football. It's very little to do with the people in charge, it's just the way the respective governing bodies do their work. The WRU will probably see schools as the entry point of their development pathway, where as the FAW probably highlight grass roots clubs as the base of their pyramid

There's so much football available outside of school, a player can easily spend 6 days a week playing if they wish, and some youngsters do. As we speak Swansea City will be running football camps, most likely every day, until the holidays are over. I know youngsters from 7 years up who will be there every day this week.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 12:53]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024