Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New York City FC 09:13 - May 6 with 4292 viewsRyan

Look at the song in the left column, fifth down! Whats going on?
[Post edited 6 May 2015 9:14]

Loughor Jack
Poll: Who was better in their first season?

New York City FC on 09:16 - May 6 with 4283 viewsBLAZE

Sydney FC, too

New York City FC on 09:24 - May 6 with 4254 viewsSwaneeRiver

Roger Evans song is immortalised forever, albeit with a change in the words.
He would be so proud
New York City FC on 09:34 - May 6 with 4223 viewsbuilthjack

We could do with handing out song sheets in the South and West. I don't think they know the words

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New York City FC on 10:17 - May 6 with 4176 viewsRyan

New York City FC on 09:34 - May 6 by builthjack

We could do with handing out song sheets in the South and West. I don't think they know the words

Most of our songs don't have words..

Loughor Jack
Poll: Who was better in their first season?

New York City FC on 10:30 - May 6 with 4154 viewsbuilthjack

New York City FC on 10:17 - May 6 by Ryan

Most of our songs don't have words..

Then they are mute

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New York City FC on 12:43 - May 6 with 4047 viewsDafyddHuw

Are we saying that that is an original Swansea song, that was never sung by any other club,before we took it over with different words?

And don't forget, You'll Never Walk Alone was originally a Celtic song.
New York City FC on 12:49 - May 6 with 4022 viewsBLAZE

New York City FC on 12:43 - May 6 by DafyddHuw

Are we saying that that is an original Swansea song, that was never sung by any other club,before we took it over with different words?

That's always been my understanding. Written by Roger Evans, not borrowed or modified by him
New York City FC on 12:50 - May 6 with 4013 viewsmonmouth

Huh??

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

New York City FC on 12:51 - May 6 with 4005 viewsmorningstar

New York City FC on 12:49 - May 6 by BLAZE

That's always been my understanding. Written by Roger Evans, not borrowed or modified by him

He wrote it specifically for a competition to create a Swansea City song.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

New York City FC on 13:06 - May 6 with 3960 viewsWarwickHunt

New York City FC on 12:49 - May 6 by BLAZE

Correct.

And while we're on the subject, I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles was a Swansea song before West Ham nicked it.
New York City FC on 13:28 - May 6 with 3925 viewsraynor94

Seriously, how old are you? I'm amazed here you didn't know Roger Evans wrote it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

New York City FC on 13:37 - May 6 with 3909 viewsSwanzay

A short recent interview about the song (not including RE)

http://mm.gmstatic.net.s3.amazonaws.com/77/746734.mp3

Part 2

http://mm.gmstatic.net.s3.amazonaws.com/77/603299.mp3
[Post edited 6 May 2015 13:43]
New York City FC on 14:09 - May 6 with 3857 viewslondonlisa2001

You'll Never Walk Alone was not 'originally a Celtic song'. It is a song from Carousel written by Rodgers and Hammerstein.

Roger Evans did the Rodgers and Hammerstein bit if you like - he wrote the original song, specifically for a competition done by the Post I think? to have a club song. At the time he was working in Velindre (with my father). His widow receives royalties on it when it is played.
New York City FC on 14:32 - May 6 with 3827 viewsDewi1jack

New York City FC on 13:28 - May 6 by raynor94

Seriously, how old are you? I'm amazed here you didn't know Roger Evans wrote it

Or even just bothered to do a quick google check.
Uses the Worlds largest encyclopedia (t'internet) and still gets things wrong

Not sure our nations teaching staff are managing to get the message across - kiddies are too interested in Fifa Football manager

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

New York City FC on 14:33 - May 6 with 3825 viewsDafyddHuw

New York City FC on 14:09 - May 6 by londonlisa2001

You'll Never Walk Alone was not 'originally a Celtic song'. It is a song from Carousel written by Rodgers and Hammerstein.

Roger Evans did the Rodgers and Hammerstein bit if you like - he wrote the original song, specifically for a competition done by the Post I think? to have a club song. At the time he was working in Velindre (with my father). His widow receives royalties on it when it is played.

"You'll Never Walk Alone was not 'originally a Celtic song'. It is a song from Carousel written by Rodgers and Hammerstein."

Yes I know. I'm saying that Celtic adopted it as their anthem long before Liverpool got their hands (throats) on it.

And thanks for all the input guys. No I never knew about the Roger Evans thang. Very sorry. Something new every day.
New York City FC on 14:42 - May 6 with 3802 viewslondonlisa2001

New York City FC on 14:33 - May 6 by DafyddHuw

"You'll Never Walk Alone was not 'originally a Celtic song'. It is a song from Carousel written by Rodgers and Hammerstein."

Yes I know. I'm saying that Celtic adopted it as their anthem long before Liverpool got their hands (throats) on it.

And thanks for all the input guys. No I never knew about the Roger Evans thang. Very sorry. Something new every day.

To be honest, unless you were around at the time it's the sort of thing which I guess seems obvious but isn't !

Roger Evans later wrote a song that was released by the woman that used to play Vera Duckworth on Corrie :-)
New York City FC on 09:18 - May 8 with 3527 viewsSwaneeRiver

You'll Never Walk Alone was written in 1945, sung by a woman in all the productions and the film of Carousel, and as such would not have been a popular song of choice with a load of beer-swilling Glaswegian ship builders.
It only became acceptable with the younger crowd with Gerry & the Pacemakers version in 1963
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024