Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
USA defender 07:48 - Jun 29 with 1606 viewsSwan91

http://theswanseaway.co.uk/2015/06/swansea-linked-with-mls-defender-dubbed-nyrbs

Apparently swansea are looking at this 19 year old centre back from Mls. Matt miazaga. Apparently he is 6 ft 3 so good height.

Possible replacement for bartley if he signs for another pl club? Or just another one for the future who will play in development squad until he can break into the first team?
USA defender on 22:53 - Jun 29 with 1273 viewssomersetsimon

This may be a daft question, but wouldn't we also have a work permit issue with this one?
USA defender on 23:10 - Jun 29 with 1232 viewsSwan91

USA defender on 22:53 - Jun 29 by somersetsimon

This may be a daft question, but wouldn't we also have a work permit issue with this one?

Might be easier with this guy because he is playing in America. I could be mistaken but usa is probably ranked higher in fifa rankings than the other guy which should mean more points for him. I'm not quite sure how it works though haha.

But actually hasn't he played for Poland U-21's aswell before USA U-21's? That could also make things easier for him to get a work permit.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 23:54]
USA defender on 23:35 - Jun 29 with 1200 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Miazga had a very good U20 tournament and he's been a fixture for the New York Red Bull defense.

Smart and strong in the air; his ball skills need improvement. Has the tools - but I don't see him being U21 in 2015-2016; possibly FA and Capital cup, but he will need to play his best, but I like him. He could be ready by 2016-17.

Not a bad pickup for depth and long-term development.
USA defender on 23:53 - Jun 29 with 1178 viewsTummer_from_Texas

He actually scored a goal in their "derby" yesterday - coincidentally something no Swansea defender did at all last season (though Fed came so close a few times).

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

USA defender on 23:57 - Jun 29 with 1169 viewsSwan91

USA defender on 23:35 - Jun 29 by JoeSoccerFan

Miazga had a very good U20 tournament and he's been a fixture for the New York Red Bull defense.

Smart and strong in the air; his ball skills need improvement. Has the tools - but I don't see him being U21 in 2015-2016; possibly FA and Capital cup, but he will need to play his best, but I like him. He could be ready by 2016-17.

Not a bad pickup for depth and long-term development.

If we sold kyle Bartley for £4million and bought this guy for between £2-£3 million then I would be happy with that. Another young player added to our squad who can hopefully take over as first choice CD in the future. Also give us 1 extra space in the squad registratio, which could be useful.
USA defender on 01:05 - Jun 30 with 1116 viewsstAteSwan

Miazga is Polish-American, and I am pretty sure he maintains a Polish passport, so that should not be a major issue.

He's considered the future of the US Central Defense. Never been capped at the Senior Level, but was absolutely incredible in the U20 World Cup as the US lost to eventual champion Serbia on PK's in the Quarterfinals. (States allowed one goal in the 4 matches he played, he did not play in the 3-0 loss to Ukraine at the end of group stage)

I don't know if he's first team material quite yet, but the player I saw at the World Cup is quality enough that he could be starting in the Premier League in a few years. Certainly might be similar situation to a Matt Grimes, where he could get a lot of U21 time with some Senior team call ups sprinkled in for cup matches/end of season PL matches

It is worth noting that he is one of 4 stars for that team. The other 3 are all playing in the UK (Cameron Carter-Vickers, Spurs) Emerson Hyndman (Fulham) and Gideon Zelalam (Arsenal)

Klinsmann has been making a show of late of calling U20 and U23 guys up for Senior experience in Friendly matches. I expect he could get a shot soon. USMNT is very thin at the Senior Level in Central Defense right now.
USA defender on 02:57 - Jun 30 with 1054 viewsJoeSoccerFan

USA defender on 01:05 - Jun 30 by stAteSwan

Miazga is Polish-American, and I am pretty sure he maintains a Polish passport, so that should not be a major issue.

He's considered the future of the US Central Defense. Never been capped at the Senior Level, but was absolutely incredible in the U20 World Cup as the US lost to eventual champion Serbia on PK's in the Quarterfinals. (States allowed one goal in the 4 matches he played, he did not play in the 3-0 loss to Ukraine at the end of group stage)

I don't know if he's first team material quite yet, but the player I saw at the World Cup is quality enough that he could be starting in the Premier League in a few years. Certainly might be similar situation to a Matt Grimes, where he could get a lot of U21 time with some Senior team call ups sprinkled in for cup matches/end of season PL matches

It is worth noting that he is one of 4 stars for that team. The other 3 are all playing in the UK (Cameron Carter-Vickers, Spurs) Emerson Hyndman (Fulham) and Gideon Zelalam (Arsenal)

Klinsmann has been making a show of late of calling U20 and U23 guys up for Senior experience in Friendly matches. I expect he could get a shot soon. USMNT is very thin at the Senior Level in Central Defense right now.

Good points - that I didn't mention in my post above about his Polish heritage.

To add to your point about him not playing against Ukraine in U20's, he didn't play because he had a yellow card and the USA had already qualified for the next round.

I think that the star of the U20 team was Zack Steffan (GK at Freiburg). Also, I'm not as convinced as you are that Miazga is the center half for the USA team in the future.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2015 3:00]
USA defender on 03:25 - Jun 30 with 1040 viewsstAteSwan

I'm not sure he's perfect for that role, but we have so little in our system at that position. Its Besler, Gonzalez, Brooks, and not much else right now. And Besler and Gonzalez are not getting any younger.
Login to get fewer ads

USA defender on 06:27 - Jul 2 with 844 viewsJoeSoccerFan

USA defender on 03:25 - Jun 30 by stAteSwan

I'm not sure he's perfect for that role, but we have so little in our system at that position. Its Besler, Gonzalez, Brooks, and not much else right now. And Besler and Gonzalez are not getting any younger.

agree, that it looks pretty thin - but among us, who is getting younger? Gonzo is 26 and Besler is 27-28... Not exactly Jermaine Jones.
USA defender on 06:47 - Jul 2 with 822 viewshobo

USA defender on 23:10 - Jun 29 by Swan91

Might be easier with this guy because he is playing in America. I could be mistaken but usa is probably ranked higher in fifa rankings than the other guy which should mean more points for him. I'm not quite sure how it works though haha.

But actually hasn't he played for Poland U-21's aswell before USA U-21's? That could also make things easier for him to get a work permit.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 23:54]

Columbia are ranked 4th, USA 28th...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024