Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. 22:21 - Aug 3 with 3451 viewslifelong

In separate incidents, such a tragic waste of life.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-33755093
3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 23:40 - Aug 3 with 1837 viewsLord_Bony

Most accidents are older men on big bikes.

Nobody over 50 should be allowed to ride a bike in excess of 250 C.C. unless they pass an advanced test every 10 years or so.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 08:53 - Aug 4 with 1761 viewsperchrockjack

HMM

If that s serious its horseshite, if not its in bad taste.

I d ban kids (under 25 ) in cars of more than say the BHP of a Nisan Micra as their aggression and arrogance on the roads is there to see plus the fact they cant drive without texting banal bolloks.

I d also ban smoking by drivers as no difference to lighting a fag than having a w@ank at the wheel.

Bikes are infinitely more powerful than when I started in the sixties when you could ride a Dom at 16 just after passing your test by simply riding around Cwmbwrla, without a helmet. However they handle better and stop too.

Its a choice we all make as to how we live ; many kill themselves in other ways, like eating themselves to death but we don't close fast food joints.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 09:14 - Aug 4 with 1745 viewslifelong

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 23:40 - Aug 3 by Lord_Bony

Nobody over 50 should be allowed to ride a bike in excess of 250 C.C. unless they pass an advanced test every 10 years or so.

I think you'll find that your first sentence is incorrect.

There is a growing concern though that more 'born again' bikers are taking to the roads and the numbers of casualties amongst older riders is increasing.
3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 09:23 - Aug 4 with 1717 viewsperchrockjack

Middle aged guys are or were taking to large sports bikes for fun although now there s a clear trend for cycles and given the attitude of young men in cars this is more dangerous.

Many older bike riders have better hazard perception than youngtw@ts who think they are immortal . You don't bounce off trees.

Many dickheads on the roads and not all bikers or old people.

PERSONALLY, lorries are the most dangerous vehicles on our roads. Any motorway trip will give you evidence of that and the tragic circs when the drivers foook up often by tailgating whilst texting.

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 09:38 - Aug 4 with 1705 viewsSenhin

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 09:23 - Aug 4 by perchrockjack

Middle aged guys are or were taking to large sports bikes for fun although now there s a clear trend for cycles and given the attitude of young men in cars this is more dangerous.

Many older bike riders have better hazard perception than youngtw@ts who think they are immortal . You don't bounce off trees.

Many dickheads on the roads and not all bikers or old people.

PERSONALLY, lorries are the most dangerous vehicles on our roads. Any motorway trip will give you evidence of that and the tragic circs when the drivers foook up often by tailgating whilst texting.

Nobody said that old bikers are the only people. Stop taking offence to everything.

Bony simply said that older bikers should have to take a further test every ten years, as it's just a simple fact that as people get older their reactions and stuff decline. Whether this is a 50 or older completely depends on the person.

And it's not just having a dig at bikers, because I believe there should be the same thing with any form of driving as some people just are blatantly too old to drive. I'm sorry, but if you're on a big 60 road with clearly marked lanes that are easily big enough for cars to pass, but still feel the need to not exceed 30 and STILL break for every slight bend then I'm sorry to tell you this... You are probably a bad driver with bad reactions.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 09:53 - Aug 4 with 1695 viewsdickythorpe

Motorbikes scare me. Tragic loss of life and all too regular at the weekends in Wales it seems.
3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 09:56 - Aug 4 with 1684 viewsJackfath

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 09:53 - Aug 4 by dickythorpe

Motorbikes scare me. Tragic loss of life and all too regular at the weekends in Wales it seems.

Me too. I think I would probably end up dead if I owned one as the feeling of speed on an "open" road must be immense. Life is so very fragile.

A sad loss of life, far more sad than that of Silla Black.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 10:22 - Aug 4 with 1657 viewsperchrockjack

Senhin

...and stop telling me what NOT to be ouraged at on here,.

Jesus, this is pot kettle black.

FFS read what is said and don't make assumptions..
LOOk at what bony posted and think laterally.

One humpty is enough.

Bikes don't kill, riders kill themselves. Horses kill, plenty of lethal fookers here with knobhead riders.

Any vehicle can be dangerous.

Even death and accidents is something that posters use to turn against other posters.

Yesterday it was Cilla/Silla now its bikers.

It makes us look filthy bastads

Login to get fewer ads

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 10:35 - Aug 4 with 1651 viewsSenhin

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 10:22 - Aug 4 by perchrockjack

Senhin

...and stop telling me what NOT to be ouraged at on here,.

Jesus, this is pot kettle black.

FFS read what is said and don't make assumptions..
LOOk at what bony posted and think laterally.

One humpty is enough.

Bikes don't kill, riders kill themselves. Horses kill, plenty of lethal fookers here with knobhead riders.

Any vehicle can be dangerous.

Even death and accidents is something that posters use to turn against other posters.

Yesterday it was Cilla/Silla now its bikers.

It makes us look filthy bastads

Do you know what pot calling the kettle black means? Because I'm not outraged.

You have a habit of coming out with completely unrelated stuff in your responses in these things as if that's what the poster before you said. I didn't, and nor did Bony, say anything about bikes being death traps and killing everyone regardless of the rider... Yet you come out with how bikes don't harm people, the riders do, and say it's the same with horses etc. Exactly, which is why the both of us said the RIDERS should have to take further exams as they age... We don't think the bike should take any psychological tests to unearth whether it is angry at being tamed by humans and as a result wants to kill them all...

And posters aren't using death to turn against each other. No one is turning against each other. They are simply offering their opinion, and sometimes disagree with others. You're the only one who always seems to get offended in these situations and thinks everyone is out to get them as a result.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 10:37]

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 10:47 - Aug 4 with 1636 viewsApeShit

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 10:35 - Aug 4 by Senhin

Do you know what pot calling the kettle black means? Because I'm not outraged.

You have a habit of coming out with completely unrelated stuff in your responses in these things as if that's what the poster before you said. I didn't, and nor did Bony, say anything about bikes being death traps and killing everyone regardless of the rider... Yet you come out with how bikes don't harm people, the riders do, and say it's the same with horses etc. Exactly, which is why the both of us said the RIDERS should have to take further exams as they age... We don't think the bike should take any psychological tests to unearth whether it is angry at being tamed by humans and as a result wants to kill them all...

And posters aren't using death to turn against each other. No one is turning against each other. They are simply offering their opinion, and sometimes disagree with others. You're the only one who always seems to get offended in these situations and thinks everyone is out to get them as a result.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 10:37]

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 12:48 - Aug 4 with 1584 viewsFlashberryjack

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 23:40 - Aug 3 by Lord_Bony

That's a load of bollocks

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 12:49 - Aug 4 with 1582 viewsperchrockjack

what s the matter dippy? Great posts wasnt it but sadly utterly completely hypocritical.

Truly, a serious subject turns to this crap.

Only one?

Look around man, look around, see the knee jerk reactions of the like of apeshit.

Pretty patronising stuff senhin and quite surprising..
Enjoy the rest of the day and stay safe

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 12:55 - Aug 4 with 1575 viewsperchrockjack

just to add senhin ,me ol mucker... take a look at the second paragraph of the initial post.

Big bikes/old men/ NOBODY should etc etc.

This was thread about deaths and you joined in making personal remarks at me- which is fine but please do not ever assume any intellectual superiority when you reply as you did.

TURN AGAINST EACH OTHER.

This site ?

Now think.. take a look at other threads.

anything to add apeshit or just the usual

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 13:03 - Aug 4 with 1566 viewsSenhin

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 12:49 - Aug 4 by perchrockjack

what s the matter dippy? Great posts wasnt it but sadly utterly completely hypocritical.

Truly, a serious subject turns to this crap.

Only one?

Look around man, look around, see the knee jerk reactions of the like of apeshit.

Pretty patronising stuff senhin and quite surprising..
Enjoy the rest of the day and stay safe

I don't know why I'm continuing to attempt to get any sense out of your posts... But are you aware that when you disagree with a point or whatever, you are supposed to point out which bit you disagree with and then explain why you disagree. Just saying something is hypocritical doesn't make it that... You should try explaining what you feel is hypocritical. Then it can be discussed. You could also try to then apply the same method to any other discussions you partake in on here, and then people could have a reasoned debate with you instead of pulling their hair out trying to make sense of the seemingly unrelated response you've posted.

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 13:16 - Aug 4 with 1551 viewsHighjack

A lot of bikers are complete dicks on the road. Ive had to comfort a guy lying in the road in a lagoon of his own blood on the verge of death after coming off racing his mate. His arm was pretty much unattached from his body. I heard later he survived, but most journeys I witness a biker riding like a tw at.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 13:24 - Aug 4 with 1544 viewsairedale

I'm dreading getting to 50 me.

Still, my Mrs has promised to buy a great big f*ck off bike to play with on sunny Sundays.

She loves me she does the old softy.
3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 13:29 - Aug 4 with 1536 viewsApeShit

Mid-life crisis.
3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 13:38 - Aug 4 with 1528 viewsperchrockjack

Don't dread it. You re in you prime then as you can identify who is worth bothering with. Dump the rest.

Take an advanced bike course.

I did one in Plod and you don't forget the basics the most important of which are Observation/Speed/Hazards/road conditions. Car driving experience will help regarding anticipation but if youre travelling at speed everything becomes critical and if you fook up you can die but bikes arent the problem and there is no real need to restrict their use,as was intimated by the OP .

GOOD CLOTHING is also an essential and my biggest tip for riding in the rain and cold is to go back home or don't . You ll always be wet cold and you become distracted. LOTS of accident are caused by this.

I mentioned horses and their ownership ,especially by young kids, as they are a bain of my life around here ,as we have many Liveries. The accident statistics are staggering and overlooked by many. Horses, in the wrong hands , are truly dangerous and ive always thought them incompatible with our busy roads..
Thanks Airedale

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 16:03 - Aug 4 with 1479 viewsLord_Bony

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 12:55 - Aug 4 by perchrockjack

just to add senhin ,me ol mucker... take a look at the second paragraph of the initial post.

This was thread about deaths and you joined in making personal remarks at me- which is fine but please do not ever assume any intellectual superiority when you reply as you did.

TURN AGAINST EACH OTHER.

This site ?

Jesus some people need to calm down....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 17:04 - Aug 4 with 1444 viewsperchrockjack

Just got back from very pleasant afternoon tea with scones and whipped cream.

Anything going on

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 18:48 - Aug 4 with 1382 viewsSenhin

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 12:55 - Aug 4 by perchrockjack

TURN AGAINST EACH OTHER.

This site ?

He said that nobody should ride one over a certain age without taking a further test, and I don't see how that's in any way having a go at older people. It's a sensible thing based on facts about aging.

And what was so wrong about the first post that made it a personal attack that you seem to think it was? There was only one bit that wasn't just offering differing opinions and my reasoning for my opinions, that was directed at you. The bit saying "stop taking offence to everything"... That's hardly some huge massive attack on you. That's just asking you to chill out because whenever there's a debate on here somewhere, you seem to take offence to someone having a different opinion when they haven't personally attacked you. They start that afterwards.

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 18:49 - Aug 4 with 1382 viewswaynekerr55

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 17:04 - Aug 4 by perchrockjack

Just got back from very pleasant afternoon tea with scones and whipped cream.

Anything going on

Badoit spotted in Ponty and Parc Tawe. I'll let you know if I spot it elsewhere as you can load up before you return to Hoylake

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 18:58 - Aug 4 with 1369 viewsperchrockjack

Wayne.
This is the wrong thread to talk pleasantries. Take a gander. Incredible.

Anyway, I lol have a case please.

Could always slum it with Brecon carrel.

The rest of you, ..as bony said,.

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 19:01 - Aug 4 with 1365 viewswaynekerr55

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 18:58 - Aug 4 by perchrockjack

Wayne.
This is the wrong thread to talk pleasantries. Take a gander. Incredible.

Anyway, I lol have a case please.

Could always slum it with Brecon carrel.

The rest of you, ..as bony said,.

I've picked a couple of bottles up. The missile is having the NCT girls over plus I fancy some chilled with some pomegranate and elderflower CORDIAL

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

3 Motorcyclists killed yesterday in Wales. on 19:39 - Aug 4 with 1339 viewsperchrockjack

Sending.
I'm humbled you ve spent so much time with me. I'm not sure I deserve it.

I ll further elaborate..

Ok so far. Good.

To suggest over 50s take a further test is, to me,worthy of challenge.

I then highlighted fatalities in other age groups which are higher ,much higher.

Still with me. Good boy.

Further , expanding on rtc fatalities, I went on to highlight the dangers horses present, yet one can take a ton if horse on to the highway without any test whatsoever.

Older drivers also have the forebearance to deal with the aggressive knobs who cause havoc on our roads.

The people who should have further training are those young rich kids with minimal driving experience who buy and drive high end vehicles. A bhp limit should be introduced and nobody should drive such vehicles, eg Ferrari, Bentley, Beemer 7s etc without extended test.

Ok now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024