Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? 17:51 - Nov 22 with 5276 viewsPhil_S

Ashley Williams and Andre Ayew are clearly still backing the boss but does he have your support?

Ashley Williams
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/41144

Andre Ayew
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/41142/ayew-gives-his-back

Ash and Ayew have both backed Garry Monk, does he still have your support?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 17:53 - Nov 22 with 3860 viewsmonmouth

If they all 'clearly' backed him - and each other - on the pitch then maybe a vote wouldn't be needed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 17:55 - Nov 22 with 3856 viewsDarran

I'm of the opinion that whilst he's the manager you have no option other than to support him untill the board decide otherwise.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 17:56 - Nov 22 with 3834 viewsPhil_S

Similar question asked on Twitter last night

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 18:00 - Nov 22 with 3815 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Odd that you should start this post when we already have this one.
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/158530/who-should-take-u

Is there a major difference between supporting now and going forward?
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 18:18 - Nov 22 with 3753 viewsicecoldjack

I don't want him gone i just want him to get the team playing good football again.

He has spent many months leading us away from our footballing principles he should be given the time to lead us back there.

Ash and Ayew will of course back him, as they are absolutely un touchable in terms of being dropped .
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 19:49 - Nov 22 with 3520 viewsymaohyd

I'm gutted to say that I voted yes!

I championed GM's cause to become manager, seeing his knowledge of the club, the work ethic that he would put in etc etc being preferable to the likes of a character like Laudrup, who was a good coach, a good man but arguably not hands on enough for what the board wanted. I'd back that up by giving the summer of 2014 as an example, where GM worked his boll ox off all summer and reaped the rewards from a very fine season. Whereas Michael Laudrup would have been camped in his summer home in Majorca, with a long distance input into the club. Yes I know that modern technology would allow him to keep in constant communication with HJ, but for me the option of a manager like Monk was preferable.

And so it seemed after last season, which makes this season's form all the more baffling. I supported the appointment of GM on this forum, so as I say, i'm gutted to now seemingly give up on him after a relatively short time.

My reasons? Yesterday 's performance was unacceptable and clueless.. Our recruitment in the summer now appears to be poor. £5 mill on Eder, a sizable amount on Tabanou and of course Ayew. Our options out wide now look limited. I didn't have a problem with Dyer going but Barrow being brought back from a loan spell?! Obviously not planned or well thought out.

The structure of the back room staff looks poor with an obvious lack of experience.

I sincerely hope that GM turns it around and as I believe it was Tatey who said, we'll have a better manager as a result of it all. Whatever happens I'll be there next season regardless and my aspirations every season are just to survive as opposed to the lofty ambitions of many.

If we were in another league I'd say give more time. The PL though is unforgiving. The board need to be dynamic in how they approach the situation. Based on yesterday I honestly can't see us picking up many more wins. Once that downward spiral starts in the PL as history shows, generally the only thing that can stop it is a new manager coming in with fresh ideas. Unfair..absolutely but that's the mad world of football and in particular the PL.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 20:23 - Nov 22 with 3435 viewsDarran

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 18:00 - Nov 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Odd that you should start this post when we already have this one.
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/158530/who-should-take-u

Is there a major difference between supporting now and going forward?

"I don't want him gone"

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 20:38 - Nov 22 with 3384 viewslovejuicejack

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 20:23 - Nov 22 by Darran

"I don't want him gone"

lol

I see its panto season again
Login to get fewer ads

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 21:06 - Nov 22 with 3312 viewsClinton

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 20:38 - Nov 22 by lovejuicejack

I see its panto season again

O no it's not

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 21:08 - Nov 22 with 3305 viewslovejuicejack

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 21:06 - Nov 22 by Clinton

O no it's not

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yes it is
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 00:48 - Nov 23 with 2929 viewslonglostjack

What I can't get my head around is that for weeks the players have been saying how hard they've been working in training and interestingly how they all have to stick together - whatever that means! Something is wrong somewhere - it's starting to sound like a mantra. Perhaps the manager is to blame for team selection but who the hell has any idea of who is performing in training? Mind you I really do hope that that is the prerequisite for team selection.
Players really have to step up - no real Swans fan will give a toss if mistakes are made - providing they're busting a gut for the team.
COYS

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 08:23 - Nov 23 with 2739 viewsSwansNZ

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 17:55 - Nov 22 by Darran

I'm of the opinion that whilst he's the manager you have no option other than to support him untill the board decide otherwise.

Quite right. Manager or player, support them while they are here.
When they've gone ... F*ck them!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 08:44 - Nov 23 with 2711 viewsairedale

Yep, I reckon you're right.
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 08:45 - Nov 23 with 2710 viewsPegojack

This.
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 10:19 - Nov 23 with 2582 viewsowainglyndwr

Has said above I will support him while he is here but at this moment in tome I am having my doubts about, but that is the same as most I suppose
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 10:21 - Nov 23 with 2576 viewsBloodyhills

I am undecided, but will support the Swans always.

I hope Gary can turn it around but I am starting to lose faith that he can do it.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 11:44 - Nov 23 with 2479 viewsTrundle10

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 10:19 - Nov 23 by owainglyndwr

Has said above I will support him while he is here but at this moment in tome I am having my doubts about, but that is the same as most I suppose

Me too. My main concern is the erosion of our playing style.
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 14:22 - Nov 23 with 2309 viewsunion_jack

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 19:49 - Nov 22 by ymaohyd

I'm gutted to say that I voted yes!

I championed GM's cause to become manager, seeing his knowledge of the club, the work ethic that he would put in etc etc being preferable to the likes of a character like Laudrup, who was a good coach, a good man but arguably not hands on enough for what the board wanted. I'd back that up by giving the summer of 2014 as an example, where GM worked his boll ox off all summer and reaped the rewards from a very fine season. Whereas Michael Laudrup would have been camped in his summer home in Majorca, with a long distance input into the club. Yes I know that modern technology would allow him to keep in constant communication with HJ, but for me the option of a manager like Monk was preferable.

And so it seemed after last season, which makes this season's form all the more baffling. I supported the appointment of GM on this forum, so as I say, i'm gutted to now seemingly give up on him after a relatively short time.

My reasons? Yesterday 's performance was unacceptable and clueless.. Our recruitment in the summer now appears to be poor. £5 mill on Eder, a sizable amount on Tabanou and of course Ayew. Our options out wide now look limited. I didn't have a problem with Dyer going but Barrow being brought back from a loan spell?! Obviously not planned or well thought out.

The structure of the back room staff looks poor with an obvious lack of experience.

I sincerely hope that GM turns it around and as I believe it was Tatey who said, we'll have a better manager as a result of it all. Whatever happens I'll be there next season regardless and my aspirations every season are just to survive as opposed to the lofty ambitions of many.

If we were in another league I'd say give more time. The PL though is unforgiving. The board need to be dynamic in how they approach the situation. Based on yesterday I honestly can't see us picking up many more wins. Once that downward spiral starts in the PL as history shows, generally the only thing that can stop it is a new manager coming in with fresh ideas. Unfair..absolutely but that's the mad world of football and in particular the PL.

Some good points on this thread in general but the last paragraph says it all for me.mwell put.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 18:23 - Nov 23 with 2070 viewsdaijack15

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 14:22 - Nov 23 by union_jack

Some good points on this thread in general but the last paragraph says it all for me.mwell put.

Fans have short memories of what he has achieved. ....there are not many sides of our size who have beaten Man utd and Arsenal home and away and beat man city,Liverpool in his time........A good manager who is going through a tough time who will come good again once we get a decent striker who knows where the goal is.....We are so lucky to have him and im very glad Huw the board and the players think the same.....
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 18:29 - Nov 23 with 2052 viewsSwansNZ

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 18:23 - Nov 23 by daijack15

Fans have short memories of what he has achieved. ....there are not many sides of our size who have beaten Man utd and Arsenal home and away and beat man city,Liverpool in his time........A good manager who is going through a tough time who will come good again once we get a decent striker who knows where the goal is.....We are so lucky to have him and im very glad Huw the board and the players think the same.....

Beat Man City and Liverpool when? (Liverpool next Sunday, I hope)

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 18:42 - Nov 23 with 2033 viewsunion_jack

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 18:29 - Nov 23 by SwansNZ

Beat Man City and Liverpool when? (Liverpool next Sunday, I hope)

And of course all in the past tense.

I admire anyone's loyalty but I really can't see anything changing on the pitch until it is sorted off the pitch.

The way we are playing, not even Ronaldo or Messi could help our cause!

Sad, very sad. But true imo.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 19:13 - Nov 23 with 1988 viewsperchrockjack

Monk is only relevant as he is our current manager.

His career is not our concern.

Club before anyone

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 20:08 - Nov 23 with 1927 viewsexiledclaseboy

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 19:13 - Nov 23 by perchrockjack

Monk is only relevant as he is our current manager.

His career is not our concern.

Club before anyone

Agreed. While he's the manager I'll support him. If and when he isn't he'll become an irrelevance.

64% of votes supporting him on this poll. I'm surprised, especially after Saturday's debacle.

Poll: Tory leader

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 20:34 - Nov 23 with 1891 viewsperchrockjack

Sensible analysis andrew

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 21:12 - Nov 23 with 1839 viewsFlashberryjack

I can't argue with that really.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024