Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread 09:27 - Feb 6 with 1251 viewsSwaneeRiver

Get on my wick the way people who wouldn't know a rugby ball from a golf ball suddenly all become experts, whilst the Welsh media becomes all consumed with a handful of games as if every single person in the Principality only cared about the Welsh Rugby team.
Sooner it's over the better IMO
The Official on 09:47 - Feb 6 with 1230 viewsjack247

It's a national social event. I just enjoy it for what it is. It's more about camaraderie and drinking in the afternoon than actual sport for most. It's not as good as it used to be when it affected our attendances, so we played on Friday nights and then watched rugby in the pub all day Saturday, but I still really enjoy it. Although it works out better for me, as it means I can watch more of it, I think Friday and Sunday matches should be stopped and all the games should be back to back on Saturdays
The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 10:21 - Feb 6 with 1200 viewsraynor94

Wow, what a bundle of fun you are, I'm no rugby fan but you can't argue it's one of the crown jewels of sport

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 10:54 - Feb 6 with 1168 viewsdickythorpe

All about momentum, win the first game and you are in with a chance.

Lose the first game and suddenly the "I knew we wouldn't do well this year" brigade are out in force, booze sales go down quicker than Jurgen Klinsmann.
The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 11:06 - Feb 6 with 1159 viewsMrSwerve

Bizarre how pissed off people get at other people enjoying themselves.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 11:38 - Feb 6 with 1112 viewsPhil_S

Its my favourite time of year

Those that dont like rugby will criticise those that do
Matt the jack will tweet weekly about daffodil hats
Those that say they arent interested will be called non Welsh by those that are
The comment "why dont they watch club rugby" will be turned out time and time again
The media will assume everyone is fully interested in every game

Happpens every year, if you enjoy it watch it, if you dont then let those that do get on with it

Me? I only know who is playing because a mate of mine has cycled to Dublin to watch the game which I have assumed is the Welsh one
The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 11:44 - Feb 6 with 1108 viewssherpajacob

South Wales and swansea in particular is one of the most knowledgeable rugby areas in the world.

I genuinely feel sorry for people who diss other sports, because it's not their favourite.

True sports fans love most sport, rugby, soccer, cricket, darts, cycling, i love the lot.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 11:51 - Feb 6 with 1099 viewsWatchman

I think its brilliant that it is now on ITV also! It means I don't get to watch 2 tv channels!!!!

shyte, shyte and eggy, peanutty chasey, shyte!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 12:26 - Feb 6 with 1061 viewsWatchman

can they cycle across the irish sea then? #gifted

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Login to get fewer ads

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 12:33 - Feb 6 with 1052 viewsjack247

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 11:06 - Feb 6 by MrSwerve

Bizarre how pissed off people get at other people enjoying themselves.

I think people get wound up by the daffodil hat types who spend all day screaming at the screen, but wouldn't know Alun Wyn Jones if he moved in next door. I can understand that even though I'm a rugby plastic myself.
The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 12:41 - Feb 6 with 1043 viewsWxmJax

Silly thread. They are both white but I think most people would agree that a rugby ball is bigger than a golf ball.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 13:45 - Feb 6 with 1012 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 11:44 - Feb 6 by sherpajacob

South Wales and swansea in particular is one of the most knowledgeable rugby areas in the world.

I genuinely feel sorry for people who diss other sports, because it's not their favourite.

True sports fans love most sport, rugby, soccer, cricket, darts, cycling, i love the lot.

Not so sure about the knowlegeable bit to be honest. Most of the crowd Do not have a clue it seems to me. Pi$$ed up with inflatable daffodils. I think the OP is on about the hypocrisy of it all as the regions attendances are crap. Also it is over egged. Pun intended. It receives far too much coverage for a sport of its standing in Wales. Three Beaujolais days per year it seems to me. I suspect interest and attendences were much better and knowledgeable before the regionalisation messed it all up as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 14:22 - Feb 6 with 999 viewsdailew

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 12:26 - Feb 6 by Watchman

can they cycle across the irish sea then? #gifted

Well most rugby fans think they walk on water.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 18:36 - Feb 6 with 921 viewsbuilthjack

It did make me laugh a couple of years ago watching Wales in the pub, when a guy of about 50, in his Welsh shirt, when there was 79 minutes gone shouted "only 10 minutes left, we can score more yet". He was serious.
He didn't even know there were 80 minutes in rugby.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 19:03 - Feb 6 with 894 viewsskippyjack

Bunch of drunken hooligans them rugger heads.. yet it's a mans game ain't it, so it's fine

i'll watch the games.. but the teams never learn anything.. the standard is poor compared to the big 3.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 19:09 - Feb 6 with 882 viewsdickythorpe

Both games were poor today. No flair in the England v Scot game and France lucky to win against a mediocre italy
The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 20:16 - Feb 6 with 846 viewssherpajacob

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 19:09 - Feb 6 by dickythorpe

Both games were poor today. No flair in the England v Scot game and France lucky to win against a mediocre italy

No flair in the Scotland v england game.

In other news.

Pope is a Catholic - shocker.
Bears crap in woods - exclusive.

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 10:38 - Feb 7 with 766 viewsSwaneeRiver

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 13:45 - Feb 6 by Private_Partz

Not so sure about the knowlegeable bit to be honest. Most of the crowd Do not have a clue it seems to me. Pi$$ed up with inflatable daffodils. I think the OP is on about the hypocrisy of it all as the regions attendances are crap. Also it is over egged. Pun intended. It receives far too much coverage for a sport of its standing in Wales. Three Beaujolais days per year it seems to me. I suspect interest and attendences were much better and knowledgeable before the regionalisation messed it all up as well.

Your right about the point I was trying to put over.
It's exactly the same when friends or family say to me "Oh the Swans are rubbish, the bubble will burst" and whatever stupid opinions they come out with, having never watched them and just basing their knowledge on watch their mates say or watch they see on BBC Wales, etc.
When I was younger and moved to sunny Skewen (a hot bed for rugby then), I had the impression you could not get a ticket for love nor money for the Five Nations unless you were in the know.
Now it seems they are easier to get than Swans tickets.
People can enjoy what they like, it doesn't bother me that much.
I just don't want it rammed down my throat every time I switch on the TV, radio or pick up a paper
The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 10:54 - Feb 7 with 754 viewssherpajacob

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 10:38 - Feb 7 by SwaneeRiver

It's exactly the same when friends or family say to me "Oh the Swans are rubbish, the bubble will burst" and whatever stupid opinions they come out with, having never watched them and just basing their knowledge on watch their mates say or watch they see on BBC Wales, etc.
When I was younger and moved to sunny Skewen (a hot bed for rugby then), I had the impression you could not get a ticket for love nor money for the Five Nations unless you were in the know.
I just don't want it rammed down my throat every time I switch on the TV, radio or pick up a paper

A fan of a premier league club complaining about rugby always being on the tv, radio, papers.

It's like the Tories complaining about media bias

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 11:22 - Feb 7 with 740 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 10:38 - Feb 7 by SwaneeRiver

I agree. The other one that gets me is there is no trouble In rugby whilst you would swear football supporters are beating the crap out of each other every game. True in the 70s and 80s but that ship sailed long ago. I have been up in Cardiff on 6 nations days and it is not pretty after the match and when chucking out time approaches.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 11:31 - Feb 7 with 726 viewsMorfa_Same

One of the blessings of being an exile is that I'm only vaguely aware that the tournament is even taking place. It's only in Wales where rugby gets such disproportionate coverage in the media.
The Official "Is The 6 Nations Over Yet ?" Thread on 12:50 - Feb 7 with 697 viewswaynekerr55

Whilst I enjoy it myself the one thing I cannot stand is the "beat England and f*ck everything else" mentality. Perhaps of we dropped that pathetic approach then we may even be at a few of the big boys.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024