Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2016 19:48 - Feb 9 with 878 viewsSwansTrust

The minutes from the Swans Trust Board meeting on 11th January 2016 are now available online.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-board-and-agm-minutes/

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2016 on 13:39 - Feb 12 with 741 viewsNookiejack

This must have been quite an interesting debate - from the minutes.

'It was agreed that we would notify the Club Board that we disagree with a Dividend payment to Shareholders should we be notified that a dividend would be payable for the next Financial Year End.'

There are advantages of the Trust receiving the dividend - as increases the Trust's war chest to hopefully increase its shareholding from 21% to 25% at a later stage.

it might also be an advantage if existing shareholders have a mechanism for earning a return on their investment (however minimal that might have first been) - as if they do not have a dividend mechanism then only option is to sell out to other investors - who might not be in best interest of club.

Disadvantages - weakens Club's cash position.
Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2016 on 14:12 - Feb 12 with 716 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2016 on 13:39 - Feb 12 by Nookiejack

This must have been quite an interesting debate - from the minutes.

'It was agreed that we would notify the Club Board that we disagree with a Dividend payment to Shareholders should we be notified that a dividend would be payable for the next Financial Year End.'

There are advantages of the Trust receiving the dividend - as increases the Trust's war chest to hopefully increase its shareholding from 21% to 25% at a later stage.

it might also be an advantage if existing shareholders have a mechanism for earning a return on their investment (however minimal that might have first been) - as if they do not have a dividend mechanism then only option is to sell out to other investors - who might not be in best interest of club.

Disadvantages - weakens Club's cash position.

Ha, wondered if anyone would actually comment on that!

Personally I'm totally in favour, particularly given the current financial climate.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2016 on 16:46 - Feb 12 with 687 viewsClinton

I see there was some contact with the the Stadium manager about the path in the North East corner. Is there any more detail to be reported. It's been bad again with the wet weather.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2016 on 17:55 - Feb 12 with 642 viewsjackonicko

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2016 on 14:12 - Feb 12 by Uxbridge

Ha, wondered if anyone would actually comment on that!

Personally I'm totally in favour, particularly given the current financial climate.

Aye, but that meeting took place on 11 January. We sold Shelvey on 12 January, and Paloschi was only £8m, so plenty of money left over to pay a dividend :)
Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2016 on 18:29 - Feb 12 with 619 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2016 on 17:55 - Feb 12 by jackonicko

Aye, but that meeting took place on 11 January. We sold Shelvey on 12 January, and Paloschi was only £8m, so plenty of money left over to pay a dividend :)

Heh. True. I think our view may stand though

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024