Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are too conservative 17:16 - Feb 13 with 4873 viewsjojaca

Ditch the diamond and lets get back to proper wingers and show more ambition. Our new striker was doing the job of a winger and leaving nobody in the box. At one point everyone was on the right wing. When you only have one out wide like Mr Taylor the quality of crossing is poor.

Mo Barrow has to start, we need players that can make things happen instead of the bore sideways passing.

What a waste of a substitute swapping a right back for right back.

It felt like we would not have scored even if we played until tomorrow morning.

The crowd is very quiet at the moment because we are boring to watch, side to side passing with no go forward. The lack of attempts on goal is shockingly low.

Rant over, p***ed off! Southampton had us in their pockets.

Even when you know, you never know?

We are too conservative on 17:20 - Feb 13 with 2211 viewslondonlisa2001

We didn't play the diamond.

We played 4 3 3 with Ayew and Routledge wide.

Just because Montero and Barrow aren't on the pitch doesn't mean we are playing a diamond.

And Barrow was utter crap.

Sorry - just angry :-(
We are too conservative on 17:23 - Feb 13 with 2189 viewsporthcawljax

Agreed, I think Barrow needs to start and get Montero back on the wing.
We were absolute rubbish today boring and never looked like scoring.
For me the Jury is still out on Paloschi and Guidolin

Poll: Who would you pick for Swansea's goal stopper?

We are too conservative on 17:24 - Feb 13 with 2183 viewstherealme

You can't even blame the diamond for that pathetic performance

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

We are too conservative on 17:29 - Feb 13 with 2128 viewsjojaca

We are too conservative on 17:20 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

We didn't play the diamond.

We played 4 3 3 with Ayew and Routledge wide.

Just because Montero and Barrow aren't on the pitch doesn't mean we are playing a diamond.

And Barrow was utter crap.

Sorry - just angry :-(

I was sat down directly in line with Taylors left flank first half and he was on his own with no support ahead of him down the flank.

We are too conservative on 17:30 - Feb 13 with 2123 viewsJackanapes

Its time to face facts.Its not about tactics or formations. Its about not having good enough players.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

We are too conservative on 17:31 - Feb 13 with 2075 viewsVetchitBack

I think if we'd have gone for it against West Brom we'd have won that. We can't defend well enough to "defend" as a tactic. Well we can't seem to defend or attack at the moment little wonder we are where we are.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

We are too conservative on 17:32 - Feb 13 with 2094 viewstherealme

We are too conservative on 17:30 - Feb 13 by Jackanapes

Its time to face facts.Its not about tactics or formations. Its about not having good enough players.

Hear hear. Squad overhaul needed whichever division we fall in

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

We are too conservative on 17:33 - Feb 13 with 2083 viewslondonlisa2001

We are too conservative on 17:29 - Feb 13 by jojaca

I was sat down directly in line with Taylors left flank first half and he was on his own with no support ahead of him down the flank.

I know -but that was just awful positioning. We didn't play a diamond - we played Britton and Cork sitting and Ayew and Routs wide(r) than Paloschi with Siggy behind Paoloschi.

A 4 3 3 doesn't necessarily mean the two 'wide' players are wingers as such, it's just that the supposed width is higher up the field rather than further back.

By the way - Taylor was absolutely shocking - a woeful performance from him both in defence and attack. If his ability was anywhere near approaching his ego we might stand a chance.
Login to get fewer ads

We are too conservative on 17:35 - Feb 13 with 2053 viewsKGriz16

BS. Same players that got us to where we finished last season with the inclusion of Ayew (who improves the squad imo)
We are too conservative on 17:39 - Feb 13 with 2027 viewsJackanapes

We are too conservative on 17:35 - Feb 13 by KGriz16

BS. Same players that got us to where we finished last season with the inclusion of Ayew (who improves the squad imo)

Taylor, Rangel are not good enough. Thats a fact. Routledge is not good enough. Fact. Britton is right at the end of his career. Very poor today. Fact. Fabianski is utterly unpredictable. Fact.
We cannot afford to carry half a team. Fact.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2016 17:40]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

We are too conservative on 17:43 - Feb 13 with 1969 viewsVetchitBack

We are too conservative on 17:39 - Feb 13 by Jackanapes

Taylor, Rangel are not good enough. Thats a fact. Routledge is not good enough. Fact. Britton is right at the end of his career. Very poor today. Fact. Fabianski is utterly unpredictable. Fact.

How Routs has got so much game time recently I do not know we can't afford to carry non attacking attackers.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

We are too conservative on 17:43 - Feb 13 with 1992 viewsKGriz16

We are too conservative on 17:39 - Feb 13 by Jackanapes

You've listed 6 players from a 25 player squad.
We are too conservative on 17:43 - Feb 13 with 1992 viewsveng9

I'd start Barrow and Montero. Montero gets a lot of stick but unlike Routledge he will create an opportunity or two even if he's struggling. If we play Barrow as well as Montero then we wont just have to play it down the same side every time as well.
We are too conservative on 17:43 - Feb 13 with 1984 viewsJackanapes

We are too conservative on 17:43 - Feb 13 by KGriz16

You've listed 6 players from a 25 player squad.

Who were all playing today.

We are too conservative on 17:44 - Feb 13 with 1965 viewsKGriz16

We are too conservative on 17:43 - Feb 13 by Jackanapes

Who were all playing today.

You said the squad wasn't strong enough, now all of a sudden it's today team line up? Make your mind up
We are too conservative on 17:46 - Feb 13 with 1950 viewsDr_Winston

We are too conservative on 17:23 - Feb 13 by porthcawljax

Agreed, I think Barrow needs to start and get Montero back on the wing.
We were absolute rubbish today boring and never looked like scoring.
For me the Jury is still out on Paloschi and Guidolin

It's no more Paloschi's fault than it was any of the others we've played upfront. The service into our forwards has been shit all season.

Guidolin's got a hell of a lot of damage to undo but he's not doing himself any favours by leaving the only genuinely pacy players we possess out of the starting XI.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We are too conservative on 17:48 - Feb 13 with 1931 viewsJackanapes

We are too conservative on 17:44 - Feb 13 by KGriz16

You said the squad wasn't strong enough, now all of a sudden it's today team line up? Make your mind up

Where did I say the squad wasnt strong enough? You brought the squad into it. I mentioned the players who played today. Who arent good enough.
Whether the squad is good enough is a differnt argument. I could suggest that if the squad players were better they would be playing.

We are too conservative on 17:56 - Feb 13 with 1871 viewsJackFish

We are too conservative on 17:29 - Feb 13 by jojaca

That's because Ayew doesn't play on the wing. Doesn't mean we were playing the diamond, it was clearly 4-2-3-1.
We are too conservative on 18:04 - Feb 13 with 1837 viewsjojaca

We are too conservative on 17:56 - Feb 13 by JackFish

That's because Ayew doesn't play on the wing. Doesn't mean we were playing the diamond, it was clearly 4-2-3-1.

I don't care what formation it is, lets get back to playing natural wingers. The diamond formation might be better suited away from home, but lets play attacking football at home with width to our play and excite the fans. I had a old lady sat to me attending her first game and she told we were boring and I could not argue with her.

We are too conservative on 18:04 - Feb 13 with 1829 viewsunion_jack

Yes, but inadequate players can do it with large hearts.

I have to say having watched all games this season and previously, we do not have the ability of some players in other teams. What we've had, up until now, is a TEAM.

I look at some players - Taylor, Rangel especially and wonder if they'd get into a good Championship side. I don't think Rangel would make L1. He has been brilliant for us in the past but his days are sadly over at this level.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

We are too conservative on 18:08 - Feb 13 with 1820 viewsJackanapes

We are too conservative on 18:04 - Feb 13 by union_jack

Yes, but inadequate players can do it with large hearts.

I have to say having watched all games this season and previously, we do not have the ability of some players in other teams. What we've had, up until now, is a TEAM.

I look at some players - Taylor, Rangel especially and wonder if they'd get into a good Championship side. I don't think Rangel would make L1. He has been brilliant for us in the past but his days are sadly over at this level.

Rangel and Taylor are woeful. The modern full back should be getting assists as if a winger. Taylor has one assist in 6 years.

We are too conservative on 18:12 - Feb 13 with 1793 viewsDafyddHuw

"What a waste of a substitute swapping a right back for right back." - jojaca

We're stuck with this 'til the end of the season. Angel is a better right back than Naughton, so he starts. Unfortunately his legs won't last a game these days, so he eventually gets substituted.

So effectively, we can only do 2 not-like-for-like substitutions.
We are too conservative on 18:15 - Feb 13 with 1782 viewsLandore_Jack

Forget blaming the strikers. The service from midfield was non existent and has been for the majority of the season.

#backtojack

We are too conservative on 18:55 - Feb 13 with 1701 viewsjojaca

We are too conservative on 18:15 - Feb 13 by Landore_Jack

Forget blaming the strikers. The service from midfield was non existent and has been for the majority of the season.

I still think Gomis is our best striker, he offers a threat in the air in attack and defense. Our central midfielders are all very slow paced players and lack mobility.

We are too conservative on 18:57 - Feb 13 with 1687 viewsJackanapes

We are too conservative on 18:55 - Feb 13 by jojaca

I still think Gomis is our best striker, he offers a threat in the air in attack and defense. Our central midfielders are all very slow paced players and lack mobility.

They are also very small and weak. But they can pass th ball backwards with the best of them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024