Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes 14:26 - Sep 2 with 10384 viewsgazza_1234

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-introduce
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:31 - Sep 2 with 6174 viewsPozuelosSideys

I may be thick, but does it actually say what the changes are in that article or is it more soundbite bollocks?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:32 - Sep 2 with 6162 viewsmonmouth

Why doesn't he just write

"my tongue just loves the taste of american arse"

every single day and leave it at that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:36 - Sep 2 with 6117 viewsScotia

A bit late now, whatever they are. There's even less value to be had in January!
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:38 - Sep 2 with 6098 viewsjasonbromham

We must be getting more scouts, so we can expand from Middlesbrough & Falkirk. Maybe we are going to add Alloa & Sunderland to that.
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:42 - Sep 2 with 6061 viewsLandore_Jack

Declining the opportunity to sign John Stones is criminal. I bet the club are kicking themselves.

http://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/swanseas-head-of-recruitment-from-brier
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 14:46]

#backtojack

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:45 - Sep 2 with 6028 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"They are aware of criticism", they must have been reading these and other Forums then.
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:47 - Sep 2 with 6007 viewsHighjack

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:45 - Sep 2 by A_Fans_Dad

"They are aware of criticism", they must have been reading these and other Forums then.

Oh guaranteed. The articles fed to goebbels I mean Wathan the last few days have essentially been direct responses to the most energetic threads on here.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:47 - Sep 2 with 6010 viewsBorojack

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:38 - Sep 2 by jasonbromham

We must be getting more scouts, so we can expand from Middlesbrough & Falkirk. Maybe we are going to add Alloa & Sunderland to that.

At least it shows they are aware of the criticism.
What they should do is state that the manager has total control over transfers but its all a bit late in the day really.
I still think we have enough to stay up but to say the window was disappointing is an understatement.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Login to get fewer ads

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:51 - Sep 2 with 5978 viewsmonmouth

What they are really saying of course, is that they are not happy with the players we have. A direct contradiction of what Jenkins told Guidolin to say yesterday.

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:51 - Sep 2 with 5969 viewsLandore_Jack

The recruitment system needs an overhaul. I would like to see a Director of Football appointed. Someone, who can work with Guidolin and the scouts about potential targets. Huw needs to concentrate on the business side of the club. Some of our signings have turned into disasters and we cannot afford to gamble in the transfer window. Our margins are a lot smaller compared to other clubs.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 15:10]

#backtojack

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:52 - Sep 2 with 5955 viewsSwanjaxs

Another load of hot air!! Just like the findings of " review" we're all still waiting for ... personally I'm not buying it

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 15:01 - Sep 2 with 5887 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I'm assuming (well, hoping) this means that Levien and Kaplan were as angry this week as we were, and there was a heated discussion with HJ over it.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 15:06 - Sep 2 with 5850 viewstomdickharry

New owners taking steps to introduce more focus into the recruitment department,positive news.
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 15:09 - Sep 2 with 5820 viewsPozuelosSideys

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 15:01 - Sep 2 by Tummer_from_Texas

I'm assuming (well, hoping) this means that Levien and Kaplan were as angry this week as we were, and there was a heated discussion with HJ over it.

Mate, theyre doing exactly what some people thought they would. Theyre stripping back costs - ie wage bill, transfer spend etc and limiting outgoings so they can take out dividends in 12 months time. They want to keep the club in the PL on a shoestring - similar to what they did at DC, but here there is relegation. Theyve even frozen out the fans representation (or as good as) they did at DC.

Expand the stadium and then sell on at a profit.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 15:12 - Sep 2 with 5802 viewssnork44

I think the realization that Huw is not the footballing genius that he thought he was has finally hit home! This could be too little to late, I hope the Americans told HJ the next time he meddles with the recruiting process he will be permanently tending to his garden in Alltwen.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 15:13 - Sep 2 with 5785 views3swan

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 15:06 - Sep 2 by tomdickharry

New owners taking steps to introduce more focus into the recruitment department,positive news.

Yes it is positive news.

So far though, that's all we have heard is words, and reality hasn't supported any of it yet.
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 15:15 - Sep 2 with 5770 viewsDewi1jack

So is that article an apology for Jenkins signing sh1te over the last few windows?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 15:18 - Sep 2 with 5745 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

So if the club is acknowledging that the one key area this man is in charge of has failed drastically over the past few years, why is he still employed?
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 15:29 - Sep 2 with 5682 viewsicecoldjack

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:47 - Sep 2 by Highjack

Oh guaranteed. The articles fed to goebbels I mean Wathan the last few days have essentially been direct responses to the most energetic threads on here.

Which is why objective posting on here is always a bonus.
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 15:34 - Sep 2 with 5644 viewsBorojack

What they say officially and what they are saying behind closed doors could be 2 completely different things.
For all we know they could be saying well done Huw saved us a load of cash there.
The proof is in the pudding.
The question I would like to ask though is if they knew if it was wrong why wait till the end of the window to sort it..

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 16:24 - Sep 2 with 5428 viewsDarran

I just said in a thread on Twitter that Wathan was tagged in that I'd love to know who he's sucking off down the club and had liked the tweet.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 16:56 - Sep 2 with 5290 viewsSwanseaTID

It's simple isn't it? Give the manager full control of targets and let the chairman negotiate, or hire a DoF/head of recruitment so take care of that side of things to leave the head coach worry about the football.
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:07 - Sep 2 with 5225 viewsairedale

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 16:56 - Sep 2 by SwanseaTID

It's simple isn't it? Give the manager full control of targets and let the chairman negotiate, or hire a DoF/head of recruitment so take care of that side of things to leave the head coach worry about the football.

But someone on here the other day or so said that recruitment of playing staff was a long and complicated process and more than one man's job, so the manager doesn't have the time.

How would the club go about recruiting a DoF?
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:08 - Sep 2 with 5215 viewsmonmouth

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 16:56 - Sep 2 by SwanseaTID

We appear to have a DoF/Head of recruitment. That appears to be the problem.

I use 'appears' as nobody really knows how it works, or indeed what the problem is, apart from the received wisdom that Jenkins scouts, identifies, targets, negotiates and buys some players (crap ones) whilst missing others (world beaters). Oh and is fully responsible for any that we buy that are shit and has no responsibility whatsoever for any that are good. that's how it works isn't it?

I'm not a Jenkins fan by any means, in fact, quite the opposite. I detest him for what he's done over the last year or so, and if it wasn't for fear of worse and losing yet another link with 'old' Swansea, I'd want him kicked out on his disingenuous ass toot sweet (I wouldn't be sorry if he did get punted when things settle). But trying to pin anything and everything on him is just getting tiresome.

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:11 - Sep 2 with 5187 viewsclloy2

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 15:06 - Sep 2 by tomdickharry

Lets face it that's not hard- just get HJ to stick to boardroom matters, not involving new player selection !!
That one action brings about a 100% improvement, and costs the club nothing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024