Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mason strikes again 09:36 - Sep 18 with 954 viewsPegojack

Lee Mason, that is, the worst referee in the Premier League by a country mile.

I've been saying it for years, how this guy is retained at the top level is a mystery beyond fathoming. He must have something on the head of refereeing.

For those who didn't see MOTD, Middlesbrough's goal came when their striker leap into a challenge for a cross with Everton's keeper and literally headbutted the goalie's arm as he caught the ball, causing him to drop it into the net. His head was miles away from the ball. Mason awards a goal.

Everton's equaliser saw Ashley Williams (for it is he) come flying in at the goalie on a corner with his foot six feet off the ground, almost taking the keeper's head off. In the resulting melee, Gareth Barry scored, with Mason strolling around about twenty yards away, seemingly oblivious. Appalling positioning, appalling refereeing.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 9:37]
Mason strikes again on 09:39 - Sep 18 with 941 viewsperchrockjack

Ash done that before.

Borough goal. Amongst the worst you ll see.

Pitiful

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Mason strikes again on 09:41 - Sep 18 with 924 viewsraynor94

In fairness you could only see Negredo heading the keepers arms on the replay, and as wrong as it is he levelled it up allowing Ashley's assault

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mason strikes again on 09:57 - Sep 18 with 873 viewsCatullus

Mason strikes again on 09:41 - Sep 18 by raynor94

In fairness you could only see Negredo heading the keepers arms on the replay, and as wrong as it is he levelled it up allowing Ashley's assault

But even taking that into account, Mason is a terrible referee. He gets things badly wrong from 6ft away with a clear view. Also, while we're talking bad refs, anyone remember Graham Scott?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mason strikes again on 09:59 - Sep 18 with 866 viewsraynor94

Mason strikes again on 09:57 - Sep 18 by Catullus

But even taking that into account, Mason is a terrible referee. He gets things badly wrong from 6ft away with a clear view. Also, while we're talking bad refs, anyone remember Graham Scott?

He reffed the Cardiff game yesterday

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mason strikes again on 10:01 - Sep 18 with 856 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mason strikes again on 09:59 - Sep 18 by raynor94

He reffed the Cardiff game yesterday

And did a superb job.........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mason strikes again on 10:06 - Sep 18 with 837 viewsRevJames

Were Middlesbrough offered a slot on MOTD's new 2 minute feature for hard done by players, or is this just for Chelsea players?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 10:07]
Mason strikes again on 10:17 - Sep 18 with 804 viewsCatullus

Mason strikes again on 10:01 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

And did a superb job.........

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mason strikes again on 10:17 - Sep 18 with 800 viewsA_Fans_Dad

To the the OP, the Commentators also agreed with the goal being allowed.
I can't remember what "Web's verdict" was.
Just as bizarre as the Ref.
Login to get fewer ads

Mason strikes again on 12:27 - Sep 18 with 677 viewsPrivate_Partz

Mason strikes again on 10:06 - Sep 18 by RevJames

Were Middlesbrough offered a slot on MOTD's new 2 minute feature for hard done by players, or is this just for Chelsea players?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 10:07]

Exactly. And were they all over Twitter getting photographic evidence to prove their point? Shearer muttered something about the ref having a poor game as the slot was ending. Nothing like the criticism of both player and ref in our match when Fer nearly killed Cahill with his assault ;-)
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 12:29]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mason strikes again on 12:28 - Sep 18 with 675 viewsDafyddHuw

Shadwell - "Lee Mason, that is, the worst referee in the Premier League by a country mile."

He's not in the same class of shite as Stuart Attwell.
Mason strikes again on 12:34 - Sep 18 with 647 viewsmonmouth

Mason strikes again on 12:28 - Sep 18 by DafyddHuw

Shadwell - "Lee Mason, that is, the worst referee in the Premier League by a country mile."

He's not in the same class of shite as Stuart Attwell.

They're mostly facking awful Daf. At least Attwell knows the laws I think. Mason doesn't.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Mason strikes again on 12:41 - Sep 18 with 626 viewsAnotherJohn

Mason strikes again on 10:17 - Sep 18 by A_Fans_Dad

To the the OP, the Commentators also agreed with the goal being allowed.
I can't remember what "Web's verdict" was.
Just as bizarre as the Ref.

As a lapsed member of the goalkeepers' union I thought the OG was an obvious foul and was surprised the commentators thought it was legitimate to make heavy contact with the keeper's arms like that.
Mason strikes again on 12:45 - Sep 18 with 614 viewsPegojack

Mason strikes again on 12:41 - Sep 18 by AnotherJohn

As a lapsed member of the goalkeepers' union I thought the OG was an obvious foul and was surprised the commentators thought it was legitimate to make heavy contact with the keeper's arms like that.

It was akin to barging the keeper into the net after he's gathered the ball into his chest, which was banned donkeys years ago, along with cork studs, centre partings and Brylcreem.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 12:46]
Mason strikes again on 14:27 - Sep 18 with 445 viewsLeonisGod

Mason strikes again on 12:27 - Sep 18 by Private_Partz

Exactly. And were they all over Twitter getting photographic evidence to prove their point? Shearer muttered something about the ref having a poor game as the slot was ending. Nothing like the criticism of both player and ref in our match when Fer nearly killed Cahill with his assault ;-)
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 12:29]

Cahil's a lucky boy. His life could have been ended on that pitch like RVP's was.

RIP the hard done by
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024