Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters 15:47 - Oct 19 with 2835 viewsCopperJack

You voted for it, and it's been delivered.

Over £1bn pledged to the south east for infrastructure. I must've missed the big announcement of when they'll be spending similar money down here (or any money, for that matter).

The turkeys that vote for Christmas have struck again.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 15:52 - Oct 19 with 1879 viewsblueytheblue

Yeah, but 900m will be saved when they find another spurious reason to not do the M4 relief road.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 16:08 - Oct 19 with 1855 viewsWingstandwood

Disgusting state of affairs!... Welsh Labour Party i.e. the party for the poor because it deliberately creates poverty, makes people poorer, causes deprivation and engineers economic partition.

It deliberately starves government investment for places like SW Wales/Swansea. Infrastructure that's so vital to attract inward investment, job creation and higher wages goes to Cardiff and Cardiff only..... The rest of Wales can f#ck off.

Argus!

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 16:08 - Oct 19 with 1853 viewswaynekerr55

What's happening with the electrification of the GWR line?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 16:22 - Oct 19 with 1832 viewstrampie

The only small crumb of comfort is Plaid have secured £119 million of spending on Wales wide investments including some projects far away from Cardiff and the South-East.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 16:34 - Oct 19 with 1809 viewsnice_to_michu

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 16:22 - Oct 19 by trampie

The only small crumb of comfort is Plaid have secured £119 million of spending on Wales wide investments including some projects far away from Cardiff and the South-East.

Oh, Plaid gave control over some of the WG budget?

Learn something new every day. Although I think it's a bit undemocratic given that they have the same number of AMs as the Tories....
Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 17:39 - Oct 19 with 1764 viewsjohnlangy

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 16:22 - Oct 19 by trampie

What Wales wide investments are you referring to Trampie. What i've read doesn't give details.
Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 17:55 - Oct 19 with 1735 viewstrampie

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 17:39 - Oct 19 by johnlangy

What Wales wide investments are you referring to Trampie. What i've read doesn't give details.

Education, Health, Language and the Arts are obviously country wide, the national library is in Ceredigion will benefit, a national football museum for North Wales will benefit, medical schools and I think there is a medical school in Swansea, money for looking at opening the Carmarthen to Aberystwyth railway line.
Plaid had put forward these things and have now secured the funding for some things they put forward which tend to be Wales wide projects and not just for Cardiff and the South-East.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 18:52 - Oct 19 with 1678 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Still, under Cooper's logic, the BREXIT Tories will sort us out for backing them. Let's see how that pans out...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 19:10 - Oct 19 with 1655 viewsAnotherJohn

We suffer because (in the West) we have a weasel of an MP born in Chester and brought up in Cardiff.
Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 11:40 - Oct 20 with 1521 viewsHighjack

How much has been set aside for young Carwyn to go jetting off to football matches?

I hope he gets a good seat out in Tbilisi.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 11:57 - Oct 20 with 1500 viewsraynor94

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 19:10 - Oct 19 by AnotherJohn

We suffer because (in the West) we have a weasel of an MP born in Chester and brought up in Cardiff.

We suffer it he West from the total incompetence of successive local Council's who have ruined a once vibrant thriving Town

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 12:26 - Oct 20 with 1479 viewsacejack3065

I don't care what anyone says, the relief road around Newport is absolutely essential. I'm two weeks into 3 months of commuting 2 days a week from Cathays to Redcliffe in Bristol and it's hell. I'm losing the will to live.

How people do it daily is beyond me.
Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 12:53 - Oct 20 with 1455 viewsJango

And voting the Tories in would have been a real game changer for Swansea and west Wales wouldn't it? My guess is not a chance but it's as good a guess as yours.
Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 12:59 - Oct 20 with 1442 viewsblueytheblue

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 12:26 - Oct 20 by acejack3065

I don't care what anyone says, the relief road around Newport is absolutely essential. I'm two weeks into 3 months of commuting 2 days a week from Cathays to Redcliffe in Bristol and it's hell. I'm losing the will to live.

Most of my work has been Bristol based, so have made the trip from near Cathays out there and back often.

School holidays, I just leave at incredibly early O'clock and leave work earlier as a consequence. I'd not consider any travel into the center of Bristol. Drop son off at school, leave Cardiff at 8am, get snarled up in traffic at Bristol. Outskirts or nothing for me.

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 13:03 - Oct 20 with 1434 viewsCountyJim

Yes and the amount of accidents around the Tunnels now is ludicrous its just not fit for the 21st century
Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 13:18 - Oct 20 with 1420 viewsacejack3065

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 12:59 - Oct 20 by blueytheblue

Most of my work has been Bristol based, so have made the trip from near Cathays out there and back often.

School holidays, I just leave at incredibly early O'clock and leave work earlier as a consequence. I'd not consider any travel into the center of Bristol. Drop son off at school, leave Cardiff at 8am, get snarled up in traffic at Bristol. Outskirts or nothing for me.

How anyone could do it full time is beyond me.

Next week is half term right? Hopefully that will make a bit of a difference.

Bristol is mental but I'm a bit lucky as to where I am so I don't get the worst of it but that could change. As Jim said, the area around the tunnels is totally not fit for purpose.
Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 13:22 - Oct 20 with 1413 viewsblueytheblue

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 13:18 - Oct 20 by acejack3065

How anyone could do it full time is beyond me.

Next week is half term right? Hopefully that will make a bit of a difference.

Bristol is mental but I'm a bit lucky as to where I am so I don't get the worst of it but that could change. As Jim said, the area around the tunnels is totally not fit for purpose.

Places I've worked have been off Junction 1, so not into heart of Bristol, luckily. Would take about an hour or so.

Queues at the toll bridge were more annoying to me, sometimes turned off to go via the old bridge. Zero queueing, nice little alternate drive.

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 13:25 - Oct 20 with 1405 viewsacejack3065

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 13:22 - Oct 20 by blueytheblue

Places I've worked have been off Junction 1, so not into heart of Bristol, luckily. Would take about an hour or so.

Queues at the toll bridge were more annoying to me, sometimes turned off to go via the old bridge. Zero queueing, nice little alternate drive.

I'm not finishing work till god knows what time in the evening so I'm missing the worst of the tolls. Beats sitting in traffic I suppose.

I love the old bridge route and I take it whenever I can. It reminds me of a road in a zombie apocalypse film because its usually completely dead. Lovely.
Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 13:34 - Oct 20 with 1399 viewsblueytheblue

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 13:25 - Oct 20 by acejack3065

I'm not finishing work till god knows what time in the evening so I'm missing the worst of the tolls. Beats sitting in traffic I suppose.

I love the old bridge route and I take it whenever I can. It reminds me of a road in a zombie apocalypse film because its usually completely dead. Lovely.

I figure it takes a little bit longer, sure, but then again being stuck in traffic takes time anyway.

I find the old route is nicer looking imo; breaks up the travel.

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 15:56 - Oct 20 with 1333 viewsCopperJack

I beg to differ. Economic resurgence in south west Wales is absolutely essential. That money could be spent on encouraging huge companies to relocate here (like they constantly do with the likes of PWC/Pinewood etc) and put some money into regenerating the city centre, like they did with St Davids and Cardiff Bay. They've had enough, it's time to spread the wealth, or don't have the audacity to call yourself a left-leaning Labour Party. Giving money to the already rich is what people constantly berate the Tories for.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 15:58 - Oct 20 with 1333 viewsWingstandwood

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 12:53 - Oct 20 by Jango

And voting the Tories in would have been a real game changer for Swansea and west Wales wouldn't it? My guess is not a chance but it's as good a guess as yours.

Yeah another bunch that prefers affluence/economic spending only for selected area's/regions. England has a North/South divide and Wales has a SE Wales/Rest of Wales divide.

The best hope (forlorn?) would be for Wales to have vastly more marginal constituencies in Swansea/SW Wales, because it may actually increase the chance of a sitting party actually doing something different for fear of losing elections, having decreased sitting majorities and less seats?

Argus!

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 16:14 - Oct 20 with 1310 viewsHighjack

It staggers me that these clowns have been sitting since 1999 or whatever it is, and yet there are no decent transport connections between the north and south of Wales apart from going out of Wales and up the M5 etc.

Doesn't seem to be any plan for it either.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 16:27 - Oct 20 with 1300 viewsDr_Winston

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 12:53 - Oct 20 by Jango

Maybe if the elected representatives in those areas had a genuine prospect of losing their seat they'd feel the need to work harder to keep them.

Voting alternatives in every now and again should keep everyone on their toes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 16:33 - Oct 20 with 1293 viewsWingstandwood

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 16:14 - Oct 20 by Highjack

It staggers me that these clowns have been sitting since 1999 or whatever it is, and yet there are no decent transport connections between the north and south of Wales apart from going out of Wales and up the M5 etc.

Doesn't seem to be any plan for it either.

That Wales This Week programme a few weeks was absolutely damning stuff i.e. regarding past and present governments track records/investment on Wales transport infrastructure. Whether that be Westminster/WAG....Utter sh#te!

Sickening and absolutely shocking in fact! Wales has a transport system that's been underinvested for FIFTY YEARS and is FIFTY YEARS out of date. The end result of this?... a poorer Wales and population with lower quality jobs, pay and working conditions. The Welsh Assembly is a disgrace, the money spent on running it for nearly 20 would have been better spent and served creating an up to date transport network for Wales.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2016 16:34]

Argus!

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 16:36 - Oct 20 with 1282 viewsblueytheblue

Congratulations Welsh Labour supporters on 15:56 - Oct 20 by CopperJack

I beg to differ. Economic resurgence in south west Wales is absolutely essential. That money could be spent on encouraging huge companies to relocate here (like they constantly do with the likes of PWC/Pinewood etc) and put some money into regenerating the city centre, like they did with St Davids and Cardiff Bay. They've had enough, it's time to spread the wealth, or don't have the audacity to call yourself a left-leaning Labour Party. Giving money to the already rich is what people constantly berate the Tories for.

So those huge companies will flock to South West Wales hen traffic routinely gets snarled up 40 miles earlier on the only real main road towards the South West Wales area?

C'mon...

Investment in South West Wales is needed, ofc, utterly agree, the M4 should have been sorted out ages ago.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024