Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Player's 13:02 - Jan 4 with 1540 viewsowainglyndwr

I know some of you are not happy with some of tbe players,
But can we stop publicly bashing and hopefully they Will regain plenty of confidence with the new set up.
For instance KSY apparently had a very good game last night so if we are to see improvement lets try to in courage them.
I just have a feeling that we can now make a good fist of things and take this season down to the wire.
Its a new year and a new start.
The Player's on 13:18 - Jan 4 with 1492 viewsnantywatcher

I so agree with that.
This forum is a microcism of fan's attitude in the stadium - 90% constantly looking for the negatives, rather than appreciate the positives of a player's abilities. Ki is a classic example (he does not and never will be a Robbie Savage - get over it - however he can be sublime on the ball enjoy that and savour it. Our first goal came from him tying a defender up in knots and creating a free kick opportunity.)
We should be getting behind players not constantly spouting mindless drivel about A being shite B being crap etc etc. No player in the world is perfect but a supportive fan CAN make a big difference. To paraphrase "Look for the good and it will come," How about having one day a month on here when no one is allowed to post negativity because IT IS contageous!
The Player's on 13:22 - Jan 4 with 1469 viewshammy

The Player's on 13:18 - Jan 4 by nantywatcher

I so agree with that.
This forum is a microcism of fan's attitude in the stadium - 90% constantly looking for the negatives, rather than appreciate the positives of a player's abilities. Ki is a classic example (he does not and never will be a Robbie Savage - get over it - however he can be sublime on the ball enjoy that and savour it. Our first goal came from him tying a defender up in knots and creating a free kick opportunity.)
We should be getting behind players not constantly spouting mindless drivel about A being shite B being crap etc etc. No player in the world is perfect but a supportive fan CAN make a big difference. To paraphrase "Look for the good and it will come," How about having one day a month on here when no one is allowed to post negativity because IT IS contageous!

It really helps to ignore player deficiencies when we get a win ;)

And I sincerely hope that we are not wanting Ki to become another Savage LOL

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

The Player's on 13:34 - Jan 4 with 1422 viewsswanseajack4eva

The players really wanted to win last night ... most showed it with the performance ... and the celebrations after Rangel's goal.
The Player's on 13:35 - Jan 4 with 1414 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I think we should differentiate between getting behind the team at matches and discussing the team critically on here between matches.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Player's on 13:48 - Jan 4 with 1350 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Player's on 13:35 - Jan 4 by Joe_bradshaw

I think we should differentiate between getting behind the team at matches and discussing the team critically on here between matches.

I agree. This is a forum after all. However openly slagging them off is not going to help. Opinions change very quickly when confidence and form goes. Heroes become Zeros in no time.
We tend to forget that the players have been subject to three managerial changes, one that was a disaster for confidence. They also have to play in a weakend squad after a poor and late window.
Get behind them I say. If Clem is worth his salt then those that can't cut it will be out the door anyway.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Player's on 13:58 - Jan 4 with 1308 viewsBournedore

Some folk on here don't think confidence is important!
The Player's on 14:03 - Jan 4 with 1285 viewskarnataka

The Player's on 13:48 - Jan 4 by Private_Partz

I agree. This is a forum after all. However openly slagging them off is not going to help. Opinions change very quickly when confidence and form goes. Heroes become Zeros in no time.
We tend to forget that the players have been subject to three managerial changes, one that was a disaster for confidence. They also have to play in a weakend squad after a poor and late window.
Get behind them I say. If Clem is worth his salt then those that can't cut it will be out the door anyway.

No More Zeros any more, eh, PP?
The Player's on 14:12 - Jan 4 with 1252 viewsLeonWasGod

The Player's on 13:35 - Jan 4 by Joe_bradshaw

We should also differentiate between critical discussion and criticism for criticism's sake. There's heck of a lot of the latter.
Login to get fewer ads

The Player's on 14:20 - Jan 4 with 1229 viewsicecoldjack

Boys done well,really happy for them and us, it was the performance I was expecting against Bournemouth and west ham but for some reason only a new manager of note sitting in the stands could make them step up.

There is talent in the squad, it's a huge ask to get out of this mess though,getting in a decent coach will help,can't help but think the players have been taking the p!S's for too long though.
The Player's on 14:29 - Jan 4 with 1182 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Player's on 14:03 - Jan 4 by karnataka

No More Zeros any more, eh, PP?

Who can tell? Players will react differently. If PC is the biz I can see a few improving. Ki and FF to name but two.
If the midfield is firing on all cylinders the defence will be under less pressure and improvements will occur there as well. First half against Palace was a prime example. They could not hurt us as they could not get the ball.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Player's on 14:41 - Jan 4 with 1153 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Player's on 14:20 - Jan 4 by icecoldjack

Boys done well,really happy for them and us, it was the performance I was expecting against Bournemouth and west ham but for some reason only a new manager of note sitting in the stands could make them step up.

There is talent in the squad, it's a huge ask to get out of this mess though,getting in a decent coach will help,can't help but think the players have been taking the p!S's for too long though.

Nice to disagree ;-) I think we were thouroughly disorganised under Bob. Last night was a return to the form we were showing under Frankie.
I look at all the teams that are relegated. Players perform in weakened squads and often poor management adds to the problem. The result is they to appear to not be trying.
If we strengthen quickly in this window then we have as good a shout as any of the strugglers, if PC is up to the task. Must admit I thought we were dead and buried but we have given ourselves a shout by showing Bob the door. Jenkins can follow him hopefully ;-)

The Player's on 19:14 - Jan 4 with 954 viewsicecoldjack

The Player's on 14:41 - Jan 4 by Private_Partz

Nice to disagree ;-) I think we were thouroughly disorganised under Bob. Last night was a return to the form we were showing under Frankie.
I look at all the teams that are relegated. Players perform in weakened squads and often poor management adds to the problem. The result is they to appear to not be trying.
If we strengthen quickly in this window then we have as good a shout as any of the strugglers, if PC is up to the task. Must admit I thought we were dead and buried but we have given ourselves a shout by showing Bob the door. Jenkins can follow him hopefully ;-)

For sure bob played a huge part, and it's fair to say the bournmouth game was a hang over from poor coaching/ planning .

However it shouldn't have been difficult to revert to our old style under a coach who knows the players well, once we conceded the first goal, heads went down and it was pretty much a training game. Bob had no say in that attitude but the players did.

Clearly the playing squad wernt impressed with bob from day 1 ,the bloke should.never have been 100 miles near the job but there was nothing stopping the players from having a bit more professional pride and they've lacked that at times this season.
The Player's on 19:28 - Jan 4 with 911 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Player's on 19:14 - Jan 4 by icecoldjack

For sure bob played a huge part, and it's fair to say the bournmouth game was a hang over from poor coaching/ planning .

However it shouldn't have been difficult to revert to our old style under a coach who knows the players well, once we conceded the first goal, heads went down and it was pretty much a training game. Bob had no say in that attitude but the players did.

Clearly the playing squad wernt impressed with bob from day 1 ,the bloke should.never have been 100 miles near the job but there was nothing stopping the players from having a bit more professional pride and they've lacked that at times this season.

It was an odd system under Bob. It seemed to me they were told to pass their way quickly and sharply out of trouble in their own half. On the few time this happened successfully they were then told to hoof it up to the striker. Whether that was Llorente or not. Sometimes there was not even a striker there! Couple this with the musical chairs team selection and for me it was no wonder confidence was shot. We had strikers not getting decent service. A midfield often bypassed as the hoof went over them when we attacked and a defence under pressure as the hoof came back at them with knobs on.
I guess we will agree to disagree as to whether the players were confidence shot or lacking in professional pride in a system they did not belive in and a manager they did not respect.

The Player's on 19:44 - Jan 4 with 867 viewsskippyjack

The Player's on 13:58 - Jan 4 by Bournedore

Some folk on here don't think confidence is important!

Because the concept 'confidence' doesn't exist.. it's a flawed mindset that experts have put in society to create a new religion.. just like words like 'foul language' and 'spirit'..

It's all a load of b*llocks.. but I've never rated experts anyway..

The only reason these concepts supposedly 'exist' is because it makes the world go round and exist..

A team does not progress without supposed 'negativity'..

The World is a sham.. a con.. a fraud..

Barriers are out in place to 'dumb' people down.. so it makes peoples jobs who actually control the world a lot easier.

They just hope people 'like me' behave themselves..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Player's on 19:51 - Jan 4 with 840 viewsLoyal

The Player's on 13:22 - Jan 4 by hammy

It really helps to ignore player deficiencies when we get a win ;)

And I sincerely hope that we are not wanting Ki to become another Savage LOL

All we ever want to see is maximum effort.
Put it in and there's no issue.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Player's on 20:41 - Jan 4 with 779 viewsperchrockjack

Better players prove boers wrong, poor players sulk

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Player's on 22:47 - Jan 4 with 659 viewsItchySphincter

The Player's on 13:18 - Jan 4 by nantywatcher

I so agree with that.

Oh f*ck off.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Player's on 22:53 - Jan 4 with 644 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Player's on 19:44 - Jan 4 by skippyjack

Because the concept 'confidence' doesn't exist.. it's a flawed mindset that experts have put in society to create a new religion.. just like words like 'foul language' and 'spirit'..

It's all a load of b*llocks.. but I've never rated experts anyway..

The only reason these concepts supposedly 'exist' is because it makes the world go round and exist..

A team does not progress without supposed 'negativity'..

The World is a sham.. a con.. a fraud..

Barriers are out in place to 'dumb' people down.. so it makes peoples jobs who actually control the world a lot easier.

They just hope people 'like me' behave themselves..

Have you played sport? I have never kicked a ball in anger but have played both table tennis and badminton. Confidence and form go hand in hand. When both are there you are the dog's bollocks. When they go missing you are Donald ducked. I am sure my experiences apply to most sports.

The Player's on 23:23 - Jan 4 with 598 viewsskippyjack

The Player's on 22:53 - Jan 4 by Private_Partz

Have you played sport? I have never kicked a ball in anger but have played both table tennis and badminton. Confidence and form go hand in hand. When both are there you are the dog's bollocks. When they go missing you are Donald ducked. I am sure my experiences apply to most sports.

You can't get your head around it can you..

The word 'confidence' doesn't actually 'exist'

it's a 'mind set' of an individual who's been 'programmed' to think it 'actually' exists.

but it does not 'actually' 'exist'.

read it slowly.. sink it in.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Player's on 23:47 - Jan 4 with 569 viewsDJack

The Player's on 22:53 - Jan 4 by Private_Partz

Just leave him be Partz's. He's returned to full-on Wibble Mode.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024