Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walk up crowd 18:18 - Jan 24 with 3357 viewsrock1n

Why oh why can't they have a situation like the old days where we could leave around 2k tickets for people to come in on a first come first serve basis.

The liberty atmosphere is in need of a kick same old chants, no singing before game, it's all so modern, what is the issue with this I've never understood it.

Of course most of the East, the West and North can be as they were but surely there must be a section for a walk up crowd.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Walk up crowd on 18:20 - Jan 24 with 3045 viewsDarran

What if they decide not to walk up we get left with empty seats?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Walk up crowd on 18:22 - Jan 24 with 3031 viewsrock1n

Walk up crowd on 18:20 - Jan 24 by Darran

What if they decide not to walk up we get left with empty seats?

I'd like to see it trialled, we could even dare I say reduce the prices and get some of those who've maybe stopped going to come back

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Walk up crowd on 18:22 - Jan 24 with 3026 viewsDarran

Walk up crowd on 18:22 - Jan 24 by rock1n

I'd like to see it trialled, we could even dare I say reduce the prices and get some of those who've maybe stopped going to come back

Every game sells out you lunatic.

Walk up crowd on 18:24 - Jan 24 with 3017 viewsrock1n

Walk up crowd on 18:22 - Jan 24 by Darran

I'm talking about a different clientele you bladder

Walk up crowd on 18:28 - Jan 24 with 2982 viewsNeath_Jack

There are x amount of tickets available for every game.

It's just the walk up crowd is now mostly the, click to buy online crowd. Same animal, just a modern day version.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Walk up crowd on 18:28 - Jan 24 with 2976 viewsDewi1jack

Walk up crowd on 18:22 - Jan 24 by Darran

We can get 50-100 back from the Clog travel company.
Get the Rugby and council to give up their corner as well. SW area nearly always has empty seats visible from the East.
Strange phenomena really, it's always full for Liverpool and Utd.
Area over the West level with the North Penalty area is the same.
Nearly a full row empty for the majority of games

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Walk up crowd on 18:29 - Jan 24 with 2973 viewsDarran

Walk up crowd on 18:24 - Jan 24 by rock1n

I'm talking about a different clientele you bladder

Fuçk em if they can't be arsed to buy a ticket.

Walk up crowd on 18:33 - Jan 24 with 2944 viewsCooperman

Today's equivalent of walk ups is to get on your PC or tablet on the morning of a game and reserve a ticket for collection before 3pm. Don't leave it too late though as we do still sell out quite frequently which is why there isn't a walk up option. And it goes in a loop from there.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Walk up crowd on 18:40 - Jan 24 with 2896 viewsGowerjack

Walk up crowd on 18:28 - Jan 24 by Dewi1jack

We can get 50-100 back from the Clog travel company.
Get the Rugby and council to give up their corner as well. SW area nearly always has empty seats visible from the East.
Strange phenomena really, it's always full for Liverpool and Utd.
Area over the West level with the North Penalty area is the same.
Nearly a full row empty for the majority of games

Not sure but I believe the seats in the West opposite the penalty area are reserved for scouts.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Walk up crowd on 18:48 - Jan 24 with 2851 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Walk up crowd on 18:40 - Jan 24 by Gowerjack

Not sure but I believe the seats in the West opposite the penalty area are reserved for scouts.

Typical sexist attitude from the club.

Brownies and Guides should be given some as well.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Walk up crowd on 18:48 - Jan 24 with 2851 viewsmorningstar

Walk up crowd on 18:33 - Jan 24 by Cooperman

Today's equivalent of walk ups is to get on your PC or tablet on the morning of a game and reserve a ticket for collection before 3pm. Don't leave it too late though as we do still sell out quite frequently which is why there isn't a walk up option. And it goes in a loop from there.

What time would these 2000 tickets become available? On the morning of the game? Or would they have too wait until the turnstiles open? Would the buy tickets from the ticket office or cash on the turnstiles. Not only would they maybe not turn up if we're playing Hull at 4pm on a Sunday, how many would turn up if we were playing Man Utd at 3pm on a Saturday? And who would these people be supporting? Can you imagine the utter chaos it could cause! .........It's a yes from me!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Walk up crowd on 18:54 - Jan 24 with 2795 viewsCooperman

Walk up crowd on 18:48 - Jan 24 by morningstar

What time would these 2000 tickets become available? On the morning of the game? Or would they have too wait until the turnstiles open? Would the buy tickets from the ticket office or cash on the turnstiles. Not only would they maybe not turn up if we're playing Hull at 4pm on a Sunday, how many would turn up if we were playing Man Utd at 3pm on a Saturday? And who would these people be supporting? Can you imagine the utter chaos it could cause! .........It's a yes from me!

I'm not saying it should happen. My point is that we've moved into the era of Internet sales and full stadiums.

2000 walk ups would create chaos in the ticket office, it's bad enough now.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Walk up crowd on 18:59 - Jan 24 with 2769 viewsmorningstar

Walk up crowd on 18:54 - Jan 24 by Cooperman

I'm not saying it should happen. My point is that we've moved into the era of Internet sales and full stadiums.

2000 walk ups would create chaos in the ticket office, it's bad enough now.

Of course, as i said, you'd get 10000+ turning up on a matchday hoping to get a Man Utd ticket!

Walk up crowd on 19:13 - Jan 24 with 2710 viewsGrandPrix

Queue for tonight is now around to the east stand

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Walk up crowd on 19:26 - Jan 24 with 2652 viewsrobbiejames86

It was all down to greed from, the board after promotion, when everyone was saying in Huw we trust, they sold too many season tickets, in case the plastics lost interest, this alienated the old walk ups who for whatever reason, couldn't afford a season ticket, and the next possible bone of contention will be, if the dreaded R does happen, there's no way walk ups will stump up £35, so they'll drop ticket prices and have to face the wrath of season ticket holders, I guess you reap what you sow, but hopefully it won't come to that, just another problem passed on to the Yanks if it does.
Walk up crowd on 19:29 - Jan 24 with 2625 viewsLoyal

The club only has to allow a certain ratio of general sale tickets, the rest are all bought in line. I would say we pocket in the region of 10k alone in admin fees on this. Why allow a bunch of part timers to take advantage of a walk up. In fact I would say it isn't allowed.
It's a shame we have discussed this before, nobody seems to remember it.

It's like being on a fcking hamster wheel.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Walk up crowd on 19:29 - Jan 24 with 2626 viewsTheAlpineShrew

Walk up crowd on 19:13 - Jan 24 by GrandPrix

Queue for tonight is now around to the east stand

Given up queuing gone for a pint to wait for it to die down
Walk up crowd on 19:31 - Jan 24 with 2611 viewsBoot

So would that mean the club would refuse to sell 2000 tickets until the day of the game? Sounds ridiculous to me.
Walk up crowd on 19:32 - Jan 24 with 2598 viewsLoyal

Walk up crowd on 19:29 - Jan 24 by TheAlpineShrew

Real Swansea fans in town tonight should be at this game.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 19:32]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Walk up crowd on 19:34 - Jan 24 with 2581 viewsRancid

We missed the boat with the old board.Bums on seats means little when there's a 100 million coming in from SKY.They wouldn't have given a shit if one man and his dog turned up each game.More bums on seats was too much hassle with not enough benefit for them.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 19:38]
Walk up crowd on 19:38 - Jan 24 with 2551 viewsicecoldjack

The only thing that stadium needs is safe standing area(not just the unofficial one in the east) if fans knew they could go in there instead of ending up one their own in the happy clapping west/south then it would be awesome for atmosphere.

luckily i normally get to the east corner and stand and sing, i think there is probably a 1000 fans dotted around the stadium that would love to be there shouting the boys on.

walk up, safe standing area, would be awesome and loud as fook ! Probably never happen though.
Walk up crowd on 19:42 - Jan 24 with 2523 viewsRancid

Walk up crowd on 19:38 - Jan 24 by icecoldjack

The only thing that stadium needs is safe standing area(not just the unofficial one in the east) if fans knew they could go in there instead of ending up one their own in the happy clapping west/south then it would be awesome for atmosphere.

luckily i normally get to the east corner and stand and sing, i think there is probably a 1000 fans dotted around the stadium that would love to be there shouting the boys on.

walk up, safe standing area, would be awesome and loud as fook ! Probably never happen though.

Now that would make good out of a bad situation. It's a shame we havent the foresight to try it out.
Walk up crowd on 19:49 - Jan 24 with 2470 viewsmorningstar

Walk up crowd on 19:31 - Jan 24 by Boot

So would that mean the club would refuse to sell 2000 tickets until the day of the game? Sounds ridiculous to me.

It would be awfully exciting though. It would be like the old days of big cup games at the Vetch, only much bigger with queues of pop up tents stretching around the whole stadium for days on end, Camper vans and caravans in the car park, with the club having to apply for court orders to have them removed etc, Frankie and Bennys having signs outside stating "no itinerants". It would be awesome!

Walk up crowd on 19:49 - Jan 24 with 2467 viewsGrandPrix

Walk up crowd on 19:29 - Jan 24 by TheAlpineShrew

I bought them on my phone whilst in queue, straight to the collection point then, robbed of £3 booking fees though

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Walk up crowd on 20:34 - Jan 24 with 2291 viewsTheAlpineShrew

1500 sold before tonight, 2500 walk-ups paid "on the gate"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024