Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your pitch 14:03 - Feb 6 with 1714 viewsCountyJim

Afternoon all as you know we have major problems with the Pitch at Rodney Parade and the on solution could be a pitch like yours anyway a few questions

How much is a pitch like that to install

How many games are played on there a season yourself s and the Rugby and do you have local clubs playing finals there etc

And what are the ongoing maintenance costs

And do you split the cost equally

Cheers
Your pitch on 14:06 - Feb 6 with 1696 viewsDarran

This is who you want.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/dan-duffy-80387736

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Your pitch on 14:07 - Feb 6 with 1689 viewsclement

http://www.dessosports.com/hybrid-grass/costs

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Your pitch on 16:53 - Feb 6 with 1508 viewsbiggar

Your pitch on 14:06 - Feb 6 by Darran

This is who you want.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/dan-duffy-80387736

He's a top, top man.
Your pitch on 17:09 - Feb 6 with 1450 viewsmonmouth

Now and again, when watching the game, I've been thinking our pitch isn't what it was. Ok I know our team isnt what it was for sure, but the ball doesn't seem to run as true as it did some years ago to my eyes. Might just be a 'fings aint what they were' old git mirage. I do that a lot.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Your pitch on 17:38 - Feb 6 with 1395 viewsSnakePlissken

Seems like it's the drainage that's the problem at your ground, so laying a state of the art pitch wouldn't make much difference untill you get that sorted
Your pitch on 17:41 - Feb 6 with 1387 viewscaerleon_jack

Your pitch on 17:09 - Feb 6 by monmouth

Now and again, when watching the game, I've been thinking our pitch isn't what it was. Ok I know our team isnt what it was for sure, but the ball doesn't seem to run as true as it did some years ago to my eyes. Might just be a 'fings aint what they were' old git mirage. I do that a lot.

It's not just you - the pitch is no where near as good as it used to be, the last season or two it's started to look tired very quickly.

Also, the addition of the 3g strip down the side has helped keep it from turning in to a mud bath, but I find it looks like that area has been "patched up" with a different type of grass and stands out noticeably.

Insert something witty here

Your pitch on 22:57 - Feb 6 with 1160 viewsmajorraglan

Saw some pictures of Rodney Parade a few weeks ago, the pitch looked a real mess. Have the WRU or Football League initiated any action against the Clubs on account of the state of the pitch?

With the Dragons, Newport RFC (who probably play at least 15 home games a season) and Newport County playing there it is very heavily used. I would say Rodney Parade is much more heavily used than the Liberty, potentially upwards of about 18 additional games. As a previous poster said it may need drainage as well as a new pitch.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 23:30]
Your pitch on 07:05 - Feb 7 with 1028 viewsPacemaker

Rodney Parade has always been effected by the water table due to its proximity to the river Usk. I was told a few weeks ago ( from someone in the know in the rugby world) that Rodney Parade is going to receive same major investment from the WRU, the whole ground has not changed much since the 1970's.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Login to get fewer ads

Your pitch on 08:41 - Feb 7 with 952 viewsPegojack

Hey Jimbo, is it true County's home strip next season is going to be a yellow life jacket?

I noticed last Tuesday that the Liberty pitch was looking a bit tired, specially the goal mouths, which have cut up a tad.
Your pitch on 09:49 - Feb 7 with 876 viewsvetchonian

Your pitch on 17:41 - Feb 6 by caerleon_jack

It's not just you - the pitch is no where near as good as it used to be, the last season or two it's started to look tired very quickly.

Also, the addition of the 3g strip down the side has helped keep it from turning in to a mud bath, but I find it looks like that area has been "patched up" with a different type of grass and stands out noticeably.

I think that is because the groundsman we did have who won awards for the best picth in the Championship and PL has gone back to Australia so maybe those now responsible lack a certain something?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Your pitch on 10:05 - Feb 7 with 859 viewsJFSwan

I mentioned to my buddy sat watching the Southampton game that our pitch looked dreadful. For years its been like a royal carpet and integral to our passing play. Prehaps previous managers Ie Martinez and Rodgers insisted upon it
Your pitch on 10:10 - Feb 7 with 853 viewsDarran

Your pitch on 16:53 - Feb 6 by biggar

He's a top, top man.

He is and they didn't have to sack him even though he was in the wrong they could have given him a severe warning especially as he was winning awards for the pitch.

I've spoken to him a couple of times since he finished and he's got one hell of a job now mind.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Your pitch on 11:39 - Feb 7 with 783 viewsLoyal

Your pitch on 10:05 - Feb 7 by JFSwan

I mentioned to my buddy sat watching the Southampton game that our pitch looked dreadful. For years its been like a royal carpet and integral to our passing play. Prehaps previous managers Ie Martinez and Rodgers insisted upon it

Spend cheap you get cheap.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024