Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) 13:37 - Feb 20 with 6700 viewsJarvo

On the eve (plus a week) of the young swans taking on Hertha's youth team at the liberty, what's your favourite ground you've ever been to?
You can probably guess from the introduction I'm going to say Hertha Berlin's Olympastadion. Built for the 1936 Olympics in Nazi Germany the stadium is a two tiered bowl with one stand cut out behind the goal for an obelisk style monument. A living museum of a stadium.
Also absolutely love Charlton's The Valley! With clear patches such as the corners, which have been added later, ungracefully. The one solitary tiny 'shed' of a stand for the away supporters makes it feel like the whole massive stadium is surrounding you. As intimidating of a stadium you'll see as an away fan, even if the fans themselves are busy munching on kale and egg tarts and not in the least bit scary!
What ground do you think deserves an honourable mention?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 13:42]
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 13:46 - Feb 20 with 4303 viewspencoedjack

I liked the Mestalla but unsure if that was due to the beer / weather / result.
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 13:54 - Feb 20 with 4284 viewssherpajacob

Newlands cape town
Sun Corp Brisbane.

Trent bridge( for the TBI)

For soccer:-
San siro
Emirates
New Wembley ( old Wembley would be top of my worst stadium list)
Doncaster old stadium , belle vue I think it was called.
Jenner park and penydarren park ( to see my son play mini football)

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 14:09 - Feb 20 with 4253 viewsjackharris

The Vetch Field
St Helens, Swansea
Millennium/Principality Stadium
Craven Cottage, drinking a pint at halftime by the side of the Thames.
New and Old Wembley Happy and some sad memories
Cardiff City Stadium, watching Wales
Lords
The Oval
Swalec Stadium
Stradey Park
Etc

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 14:11 - Feb 20 with 4242 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

loftus road

proper football ground

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 14:21 - Feb 20 with 4213 viewsswan65split

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 13:54 - Feb 20 by sherpajacob

Newlands cape town
Sun Corp Brisbane.

Trent bridge( for the TBI)

For soccer:-
San siro
Emirates
New Wembley ( old Wembley would be top of my worst stadium list)
Doncaster old stadium , belle vue I think it was called.
Jenner park and penydarren park ( to see my son play mini football)

Doncasters Belle Vue, I ran across it in 68 after we beat them in the cup.................it seemed never ending! lol

never mind the big stadiums I really liked Bradford PA old ground ......
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 14:30 - Feb 20 with 4190 viewsJackieMoon

Celtic Park, nowhere has ever come close to it.
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 14:51 - Feb 20 with 4139 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Old Trafford.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 15:14 - Feb 20 with 4109 views34dfgdf54

Domestically - Villa Park
Abroad - Bordeaux's ground whatever it's called.
Login to get fewer ads

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 15:16 - Feb 20 with 4103 viewsLoyal

Fulham in total.
No equal for setting, view, and away day experience.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 15:17 - Feb 20 with 4100 viewsLoyal

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 14:30 - Feb 20 by JackieMoon

Celtic Park, nowhere has ever come close to it.

Ibrox circa 1998.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 15:28 - Feb 20 with 4062 viewsTrundle10

Bernabeau.
Vetch
Napoli as an away fan was great although stadium pretty dated.
Millenium
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 16:03 - Feb 20 with 4005 viewsJethroJack

Vetch
Cardiff Arms Park...Millenium/Principality Stadium.
Old Trafford (very quiet though, even more so after beating them a few times).
Emirates (even quieter, 3000 Jacks out-singing 57,000 Gooners).
Stadium Bordeaux.
Soldier Field....c'mon u BEARS.
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 17:07 - Feb 20 with 3916 viewsAl_Bundy

Stadion Nuremberg - watching Wales and Ryan Giggs debut

Old Den - Millwall

Old Wembley

Sparta Rotterdam - Swans Pre-Season Tour

Fratton Park - Portsmouth

Baseball Ground - Derby

Kolta Ground - Delhi (cricket)

Newlands - Cape Town (cricket/rugby)

Eastville - Bristol Rovers

Ageas Bowl - Hants Cricket
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 17:11 - Feb 20 with 3907 viewssherpajacob

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 14:21 - Feb 20 by swan65split

Doncasters Belle Vue, I ran across it in 68 after we beat them in the cup.................it seemed never ending! lol

We went there just before they knocked it down/ it fell down.

1-0 win David Penney I think.

What sticks in my memory is the warm welcome. Away fans were on an open terrace behind the goal.

After about 20 minutes it started raining, so they open a gate in the fence that segregated the fans and let us in the home terrace which was covered.

It stopped raining later so we all went back out behind the goal.

Nice pies.

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 17:26 - Feb 20 with 3887 viewspencoedjack

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 17:11 - Feb 20 by sherpajacob

We went there just before they knocked it down/ it fell down.

1-0 win David Penney I think.

What sticks in my memory is the warm welcome. Away fans were on an open terrace behind the goal.

After about 20 minutes it started raining, so they open a gate in the fence that segregated the fans and let us in the home terrace which was covered.

It stopped raining later so we all went back out behind the goal.

Nice pies.

Bit surprised with the nice welcome, remember going to their new ground 4 nil win ( I think) on a Friday night .... bit naughty going done a narrow lane to the game a few of their lads were causing a bit of trouble ( which they regretted)
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 17:37 - Feb 20 with 3870 viewsMillie

Ninian Park for the goosebumps
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 17:56]
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 17:50 - Feb 20 with 3837 viewsJBT95

Craven Cottage
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 17:51 - Feb 20 with 3837 viewsdailew

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 14:21 - Feb 20 by swan65split

Belle Vue was awful. FACT - the women's way toilet consisted of a bucket on the ground.

Very subjective but best for me in no particular order.

Goodison
Loftus Road
Craven Cottage
Braga
The Old Show Ground
Gigg Lane
The Dripping Pan
The old Den.
The Rec.
Feethams.
Sandy Lane (old Tooting ground held 20,000)

Don't like the new grounds much. Some are truly awful. eg Emirates and Etiahad.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 18:07 - Feb 20 with 3797 viewssherpajacob

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 17:26 - Feb 20 by pencoedjack

Bit surprised with the nice welcome, remember going to their new ground 4 nil win ( I think) on a Friday night .... bit naughty going done a narrow lane to the game a few of their lads were causing a bit of trouble ( which they regretted)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997—98_Football_League#Third_Division

It was the season they were rooted to the bottom of the football league,

They were just delighted that anybody turned up.

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 18:12 - Feb 20 with 3786 viewspencoedjack

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 18:07 - Feb 20 by sherpajacob

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997—98_Football_League#Third_Division

It was the season they were rooted to the bottom of the football league,

They were just delighted that anybody turned up.

14 points from 46 games I'm surprised any home fans turned up fella 👍
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 18:17 - Feb 20 with 3772 viewsNeath_Jack

The Vetch, it will never, ever be beaten. Not really fussed on others, apart from The Emirates, if only for the padded seats and massive leg room. Ninian Park for obvious reasons.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 18:35 - Feb 20 with 3726 viewspatchboy

nou camp. barca v ath madrid last year.
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 18:39 - Feb 20 with 3705 viewsTrundle10

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 18:35 - Feb 20 by patchboy

nou camp. barca v ath madrid last year.

Watched Barca in Jan there. Been to Bernabeau too, no comparison for me Real Madrid Stadium all the way.
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 18:56 - Feb 20 with 3684 viewsDyfnant

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 13:46 - Feb 20 by pencoedjack

I liked the Mestalla but unsure if that was due to the beer / weather / result.

This. Except for the stairs

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 19:06 - Feb 20 with 3655 viewsTNT

Petrolul Ploiesti

Mini Estadi, Barcelona (when we drew 3-3 with Barcelona B)

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024