Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May sets Immigration target for 2022 23:48 - Jun 1 with 763 viewsYossarian

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40126706

Seems like she's just alienated a few million Labour wavered. I cannot believe I'm saying this but she's clumsier and more inept than Corbyn - and that's why he might win against all the odds.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

May sets Immigration target for 2022 on 00:23 - Jun 2 with 740 viewsdailew

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

May sets Immigration target for 2022 on 07:32 - Jun 2 with 691 viewsYossarian

Tories tear up their own contracts and break promises to the electorate- now there's a surprise.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

May sets Immigration target for 2022 on 09:07 - Jun 2 with 664 viewswestside

We've always controlled our borders to people coming from outside the EU yet the numbers are the similar as immigrants coming from within the EU where there is free movement. So controlling borders doesn't really mean controlling or reducing immigration.

80% of immigrants that have come here over the last fifty years have come from outside the EU and only about 20% from within the EU so people voting for brexit to control immigration have been sold a pup as majority of immigrants have come from outside the EU where we've always controlled borders.
May sets Immigration target for 2022 on 09:25 - Jun 2 with 645 viewsNogginthenog

Please Sir , can i have another referendum?
May sets Immigration target for 2022 on 09:49 - Jun 2 with 632 viewsfelixstowe_jack

70% of immigrants vote for Labour. No wonder Blair opened our borders to everyone and Corbyn wants it to continue. Free Benefits, Free Education, Free Healthcare no wonder everyone wants to come.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

May sets Immigration target for 2022 on 09:49 - Jun 2 with 630 viewsdickythorpe

All debt to be cleared by 2015 was a good one.
May sets Immigration target for 2022 on 10:04 - Jun 2 with 623 viewsYossarian

May sets Immigration target for 2022 on 09:07 - Jun 2 by westside

We've always controlled our borders to people coming from outside the EU yet the numbers are the similar as immigrants coming from within the EU where there is free movement. So controlling borders doesn't really mean controlling or reducing immigration.

80% of immigrants that have come here over the last fifty years have come from outside the EU and only about 20% from within the EU so people voting for brexit to control immigration have been sold a pup as majority of immigrants have come from outside the EU where we've always controlled borders.

I have worked in this field for over 30 years. With respect you are wrong. I could set out why, but it would take too long. Briefly, and sadly, you cannot rely on figures at all becuase the system has been completely unfit for purpose for almost as long as I have had first hand knowledge. We simply don't know who is here that shouldn't be. As for the Eu/ wider world immigration dynamic, literally thousands of non-EU economic migrants claimed bogus asylum status and then simply disappeared. One of the issues we couldn't overcome was that non- EU nationals can obtain European identity papers in EU countries (particularly Moroccans and Algerians in France and Italy) which are of very poor quality and very difficult, if nigh on impossible to check effectively, and then come to the UK without having to be brought to the attention of 'the Authorities' in any way. The asylum issue is a joke- the 1955 Treaty states that asylum seekers must claim asylum in the first safe country they arrive in. In that case the Calais refugee camps are an indictment of the rest of Europe, not us! Here's something many people don't appreciate- it is easy to get an NI number (thousands actually have many) and there is no efficient joined up cross checking of Individuals across Government Departments.One of my 'rites of passage' was to realise with horror, how inefficient the bureaucracy of the State is in the UK. It is a shambles and we are correctly identified by the rest of the world as a soft touch. Liberal elites across Europe might benefit from getting their hands dirty before pontificating to the rest of us who have to manage the consequences of their naive politics. Another reality, unacceptable for some is that resources are finite. The U.K. cannot solve the economic and political problems of the rest of the world. Politicians of all colours need to demonstrate some courage-or the unravelling of our greatest institutions will be inevitable.My politics is left of centre, but I am angry about all people who cheat our welfare state because ultimately they are contributing to its demise- and it is simply common sense to close all loopholes to genuine entitlement in order to better protect those who are. I said I wasn't going to bang on, and what am I doing....so much more to say but lost the will. Beware of what you think you wish for. Respectfully.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024