Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's 21:34 - Jun 19 with 5281 viewsPokerface

I guess some maturity will be shown and no more anti English songs.

Been a bit daft for a long while now considering our English base of players.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 21:39 - Jun 19 with 3092 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

We're a team from Wales - I'm sure Alfie and our other English players understand that!!

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 21:44 - Jun 19 with 3080 viewsPokerface

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 21:39 - Jun 19 by PatchesOHoulihan

We're a team from Wales - I'm sure Alfie and our other English players understand that!!

It's still daft though. I could understand if there were 11 Welsh players representing us on the pitch.

You can sing and show pride in Wales without dittys such as ' always sh't on the English side of bridge'.

One if the funnuest is 'You Fcuking run from the Russians' but we stood alongside England fans against them a few matches later.

All a bit embarrassing or just getting old I guess.

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 21:50 - Jun 19 with 3057 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 21:44 - Jun 19 by Pokerface

It's still daft though. I could understand if there were 11 Welsh players representing us on the pitch.

You can sing and show pride in Wales without dittys such as ' always sh't on the English side of bridge'.

One if the funnuest is 'You Fcuking run from the Russians' but we stood alongside England fans against them a few matches later.

I don't think it will ever matter what nationality our players are - as soon as they are playing for us they are adopted Swansea. I understand where you are coming from but we are a pround welsh support and the majority of uas will always be anti-english when it comes to football....most of the time

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:16 - Jun 19 with 3002 viewsTim_Harry

I'm not a big fan of these chants for the reasons you've stated. I've always joined in with most songs because it gives players a boost. Obviously anti-English chants don't do that.

But I'm sure the vast majority of English players realise that it's just banter between fans and don't get offended. Just like we always get the sheepshagger chants.

Although this is the snowflake generation so I'm not so sure!
Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:17 - Jun 19 with 2996 viewsPokerface

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 21:50 - Jun 19 by PatchesOHoulihan

I don't think it will ever matter what nationality our players are - as soon as they are playing for us they are adopted Swansea. I understand where you are coming from but we are a pround welsh support and the majority of uas will always be anti-english when it comes to football....most of the time

Calon Lan and Hymns and arias get the hairs on my back standing up, lump to my throat.

Far more effective imho. Oh and 'Take me to the vetchfield'.

And songs supporting our players... we need more of these.

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:24 - Jun 19 with 2972 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:17 - Jun 19 by Pokerface

Calon Lan and Hymns and arias get the hairs on my back standing up, lump to my throat.

Yeah I agree, I miss when" I can't help falling in love with you" used to last about 10 mins in the North bank

To be fair the anti english songs aren't really that common any more apart from when the opposition fans start singing Eng-er-lund as if its some sort of superiority and we should be jealous - it's more retaliation than anything else

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:24 - Jun 19 with 2972 viewsItchySphincter

It's no more embarrassing now than it was when we were doing it 20 years ago.

It's always been crass, not just because Alfie plays for England Juniors.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:28 - Jun 19 with 2949 viewsPokerface

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:24 - Jun 19 by ItchySphincter

It's no more embarrassing now than it was when we were doing it 20 years ago.

It's always been crass, not just because Alfie plays for England Juniors.

Completely agree. Crass sums it up.

Login to get fewer ads

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:33 - Jun 19 with 2934 viewsTim_Harry

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:17 - Jun 19 by Pokerface

I think Michu said something similar about Hymns and Arias getting the hairs on the back of his neck standing. Although I'll disagree about the Swansea City song. Always been a great song sung in full voice.

And 'can't Help Falling in Love With You' should definitely be sung more often. I think I remember it being sung once or twice in recent years, but nowhere near as often as it was at the Vetch.
Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:39 - Jun 19 with 2910 viewsbuilthjack

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 21:44 - Jun 19 by Pokerface

I was over in France and the Welsh never had any problems with the Russians. The Russians were just there to give the English hoolies a lesson, which they did.
We drank with the English, the Russians, the Slovaks, the Northern Irish, the Belgians, and anyone else who cared to enjoy themselves in our company.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:44 - Jun 19 with 2892 viewsKilkennyjack

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:28 - Jun 19 by Pokerface

Completely agree. Crass sums it up.

Yes basically support all our lads.

Although i do recall the whole stadium singing 'northern ireland' for about 3-5 mins after engerland lost out there in 2005 ? Funny. I think it drowned out the GSTQ away mob.

So use Iceland by all means.
Plenty of scope for fun without the hate or the abuse.
England have been total shite since 1990 so get stuck in.

I hear the FA are thinking of downgrading their own badge to one lion 'cos they dont deserve the 3 lions any more....

Beware of the Risen People

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:56 - Jun 19 with 2860 viewsPokerface

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:39 - Jun 19 by builthjack

I was over in France and the Welsh never had any problems with the Russians. The Russians were just there to give the English hoolies a lesson, which they did.
We drank with the English, the Russians, the Slovaks, the Northern Irish, the Belgians, and anyone else who cared to enjoy themselves in our company.

I must have been misinformed by some mates who went. They reckon it was chants outside pubs of 'We're England and Wales, we're England and Wales.... fcuk of Russia.. we're England and Wales'.

They also said Russian fans were great away from the pubs as this was after the hoolies had gone home.

Who gives a fridge door anyway.

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 23:08 - Jun 19 with 2812 viewsbuilthjack

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:56 - Jun 19 by Pokerface

I must have been misinformed by some mates who went. They reckon it was chants outside pubs of 'We're England and Wales, we're England and Wales.... fcuk of Russia.. we're England and Wales'.

They also said Russian fans were great away from the pubs as this was after the hoolies had gone home.

Annis's lot singing with the England fans wasn't it?
They usually do.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 23:09 - Jun 19 with 2810 viewsKilkennyjack

Russia and Wales fans got on very well in Toulouse.
Beers in the sunshine.

I cant comment on the England fans.
Looked horrendous on TV.

Beware of the Risen People

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 00:13 - Jun 21 with 2511 viewsRancid

Wait til John Terry gets here.There'll be England flags in the East Stand.
Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 01:19 - Jun 21 with 2478 viewsLoyal

The English were quick to try and get the Welsh supporters on their side after a few run ins, although I will say they gave the Russians a few spankings too. The England and Wales thing was not a lot to do with Wales and a lot to do with England who soon changed their tune at the game between both countries. Their Bolshy arrogance is pathetic.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 06:15 - Jun 21 with 2429 viewsDr_Winston

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 22:56 - Jun 19 by Pokerface

Heard from people that went that Wales fans were teaming up with the English fans all over for mutual defence against the Russians.

Warmed the cockles of my heart it did. No matter how divisive some people want to be we've still got each others backs.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 08:51 - Jun 21 with 2330 viewsSgorioFruit

As long as England first team lose every game they play then I'm happy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 12:12 - Jun 21 with 2255 viewsjack247

Do people really get offended by 'England's full of shit' '1-0 to the sheepshaggers' etc?
Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 14:58 - Jun 21 with 2176 viewsJohnw102

Most Refs and Linos are English, wonder if that has anything to do with some of the dodgy calls we have had!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 15:32 - Jun 21 with 2165 viewsjack247

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 14:58 - Jun 21 by Johnw102

Most Refs and Linos are English, wonder if that has anything to do with some of the dodgy calls we have had!

I highly doubt it.

'I won't give that penalty because they were doing the thunderclap 5 minutes ago'
Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 17:13 - Jun 21 with 2116 viewsRancid

Its banter ffs and im sure Mawson sees it like that too.In today's world where everyone is killing eachother a harmless song about our English cousins in jest is the last of everyones worries.
Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 18:44 - Jun 21 with 2058 viewsTNT

Dele Alli and Rashford won't have a welcome at The Liberty next season. Mawson will be idolised. It's the way it is mun.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 19:09 - Jun 21 with 2035 viewsZZoric

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 06:15 - Jun 21 by Dr_Winston

Heard from people that went that Wales fans were teaming up with the English fans all over for mutual defence against the Russians.

Warmed the cockles of my heart it did. No matter how divisive some people want to be we've still got each others backs.

Indeed

"99"
Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 19:18 - Jun 21 with 2025 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Now that Mawson is representing England under 21's on 14:58 - Jun 21 by Johnw102

If we want Welsh refs the answer is simple.

Join the League of Wales.

It's not an option I favour personally.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024