Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
70 mph on Motorways 10:12 - Sep 2 with 2875 viewsraynor94

Truss is saying she is looking into scrapping it.

Opinions?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 10:12]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

70 mph on Motorways on 10:19 - Sep 2 with 1586 viewsWhiterockin

I don't think she has a cat in hells chance in Wales.
70 mph on Motorways on 10:23 - Sep 2 with 1582 viewsCatullus

70 mph on Motorways on 10:19 - Sep 2 by Whiterockin

I don't think she has a cat in hells chance in Wales.

They've reduced the speed limit on fabian way, yesterday they changed the signs. 50 down to 40 and the small 60 section down to 50.

I think modern cars stop more quickly than when the limits were set and they are easier to control with power steering and ABS. With that in mind the limit should be set to 80 but it should be variable according to weather and traffic conditions.

Then there shoud be more speed cameras and punishments should be harsher because we all know that whatever the speed limits, people will break them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

70 mph on Motorways on 10:28 - Sep 2 with 1565 viewscontroversial_jack

70 mph on Motorways on 10:23 - Sep 2 by Catullus

They've reduced the speed limit on fabian way, yesterday they changed the signs. 50 down to 40 and the small 60 section down to 50.

I think modern cars stop more quickly than when the limits were set and they are easier to control with power steering and ABS. With that in mind the limit should be set to 80 but it should be variable according to weather and traffic conditions.

Then there shoud be more speed cameras and punishments should be harsher because we all know that whatever the speed limits, people will break them.

I avoid Fabian way as much as I can. It's a horrible stretch of road, and drivers can be easily caught out with all the varying limits.Worse road in Wales
70 mph on Motorways on 10:31 - Sep 2 with 1573 viewsmajorraglan

I think there is scope to increase the speed limit in some parts of the motorway network, I’d looked at the stretches where there aren’t any historic collision black spots and the places where there aren’t slip roads allowing access on an off the motorway. I’d also look at having at the feasibility of time driven speed limits, say increasing it after 1am and before 5am whenbthe roads are quieter.
70 mph on Motorways on 10:31 - Sep 2 with 1573 viewsbritferry

I would say increase it to 80 but at present, if you do 70, cars fly past you as it is, so I would leave it at 70.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

70 mph on Motorways on 10:50 - Sep 2 with 1553 viewsWhiterockin

Personally I think all motorways should have variable speed limits depending on conditions, traffic, time of day ect.

As for Wales with the 50mph for pollution, just why, when the science says 60mph is better. We won't go there with the 20mph.
70 mph on Motorways on 11:18 - Sep 2 with 1525 viewsSandanista

70 mph on Motorways on 10:50 - Sep 2 by Whiterockin

Personally I think all motorways should have variable speed limits depending on conditions, traffic, time of day ect.

As for Wales with the 50mph for pollution, just why, when the science says 60mph is better. We won't go there with the 20mph.

The variable limits have worked well in reducing the M6 congestion and reduced accidents. There is an argument on three lane carriageways of an 80mph limit broadly similar to France, though this is reduced to around 65 in wet weather. This is sensible.
70 mph on Motorways on 11:21 - Sep 2 with 1525 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Especially that new empty section of the heads of the valleys Road between Abergavenny and the top of the Clydach gorge no reason why it should be as low as 50mph unless the Welsh government got the design wrong and it is a safety hazard.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

70 mph on Motorways on 12:01 - Sep 2 with 1496 viewscontroversial_jack

70 mph on Motorways on 11:21 - Sep 2 by felixstowe_jack

Especially that new empty section of the heads of the valleys Road between Abergavenny and the top of the Clydach gorge no reason why it should be as low as 50mph unless the Welsh government got the design wrong and it is a safety hazard.

Same as the stretch from Earlswood to Pt, the best road in Wales, no reason for it to be 50
70 mph on Motorways on 12:12 - Sep 2 with 1493 viewsBest_loser

70 mph on Motorways on 10:28 - Sep 2 by controversial_jack

I avoid Fabian way as much as I can. It's a horrible stretch of road, and drivers can be easily caught out with all the varying limits.Worse road in Wales

There must have been a lot of people visiting Swansea for the first time who got points on their licence before they even crossed the tawe , welcome to Swansea
70 mph on Motorways on 12:19 - Sep 2 with 1479 viewspencoedjack

It would be good if we could use common sense in Wales & revert to 70.

Be good for business as well.

I expect Drakeford to reduce it if Truss raises it.
70 mph on Motorways on 14:11 - Sep 2 with 1418 viewsBryanSwan

She won't change anything. It's just another lie.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

70 mph on Motorways on 14:38 - Sep 2 with 1394 viewscontroversial_jack

70 mph on Motorways on 12:12 - Sep 2 by Best_loser

There must have been a lot of people visiting Swansea for the first time who got points on their licence before they even crossed the tawe , welcome to Swansea

We wonder why there's no.investment here. A 50 mph motorway and an irregular train service
70 mph on Motorways on 14:53 - Sep 2 with 1390 viewsKilkennyjack

70 mph on Motorways on 10:31 - Sep 2 by britferry

I would say increase it to 80 but at present, if you do 70, cars fly past you as it is, so I would leave it at 70.

Good point

Beware of the Risen People

70 mph on Motorways on 16:06 - Sep 2 with 1360 viewsSirjohnalot

Far bigger things she’ll have to contend with, probably more than any other incoming PM in decades.

In reality Labour are probably content to be in opposition for the next 18 months. Wouldn’t be surprised if Truss only lasts around 15, and she’s kicked out for Johnson to return just before the election.
70 mph on Motorways on 17:17 - Sep 2 with 1320 viewsDr_Winston

100 mph is too fast, 70mph too slow for modern vehicles. Meet in the middle at 85mph, with the facility to reduce the limits in poor conditions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

70 mph on Motorways on 17:19 - Sep 2 with 1323 viewsFlashberryjack

Whatever speed limit truss introduces, Drakeford will do the exact opposite.

We do things differently in Wales, don't ya know.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

70 mph on Motorways on 17:30 - Sep 2 with 1311 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

20mph speed limit and we might as well bring back horse and cart.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

70 mph on Motorways on 17:57 - Sep 2 with 1278 viewsKilkennyjack

70 mph on Motorways on 16:06 - Sep 2 by Sirjohnalot

Far bigger things she’ll have to contend with, probably more than any other incoming PM in decades.

In reality Labour are probably content to be in opposition for the next 18 months. Wouldn’t be surprised if Truss only lasts around 15, and she’s kicked out for Johnson to return just before the election.

Bookmark this post from Sir John.

Johnson is the turd that will not flush. 💩🇬🇧

Beware of the Risen People

70 mph on Motorways on 19:19 - Sep 2 with 1254 viewsswan65split

70 mph on Motorways on 10:31 - Sep 2 by britferry

I as doing about 65 last week in the inside lane, Car and horse box shot past in 3rd lane doing about 75.
70 mph on Motorways on 20:21 - Sep 2 with 1215 viewslifelong

Scrapping it altogether would be a poor decision, with the volume of traffic on the Motorways these days, especially between the hours of 7am to 10am and 4pm to 7pm 70mph is fast enough.
Maybe increasing it to 80mph between the hours of 10pm to 5am when traffic is light would be acceptable.
70 mph on Motorways on 20:54 - Sep 2 with 1198 viewsfelixstowe_jack

70 mph on Motorways on 17:57 - Sep 2 by Kilkennyjack

Bookmark this post from Sir John.

Johnson is the turd that will not flush. 💩🇬🇧

Another bigot post from you. Do you actually like anyone other than yourself.

70 mph on Motorways on 23:53 - Sep 2 with 1125 viewsmajorraglan

70 mph on Motorways on 16:06 - Sep 2 by Sirjohnalot

I’d agree with your summary. There is a potential fly in the ointment though and that’s the Standards Commission Investigation. It looks like a number of Conservatives and Boris are very concerned about this investigation. Downing Street has commissioned legal advice which it has subsequently published as the advice calls in to question the legitimacy of the review.

Be interesting to see if other barristers share Lord Pannicks view. It seems Lord Pannick picked up £130k for the report which was paid by the public purse. Claims of intimidation abound, some are openly saying if he’s got nothing to hide why not appear and clear his name.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 0:16]
70 mph on Motorways on 07:52 - Sep 3 with 1050 viewsBrynmill_Jack

70 mph on Motorways on 19:19 - Sep 2 by swan65split

I as doing about 65 last week in the inside lane, Car and horse box shot past in 3rd lane doing about 75.

Must have had a racehorse in it.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

70 mph on Motorways on 07:54 - Sep 3 with 1049 viewsfelixstowe_jack

70 mph on Motorways on 23:53 - Sep 2 by majorraglan

I’d agree with your summary. There is a potential fly in the ointment though and that’s the Standards Commission Investigation. It looks like a number of Conservatives and Boris are very concerned about this investigation. Downing Street has commissioned legal advice which it has subsequently published as the advice calls in to question the legitimacy of the review.

Be interesting to see if other barristers share Lord Pannicks view. It seems Lord Pannick picked up £130k for the report which was paid by the public purse. Claims of intimidation abound, some are openly saying if he’s got nothing to hide why not appear and clear his name.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 0:16]

Not sure what that has to do with 70 mph on motorways

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024