Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans 23:43 - Jul 7 with 1567 viewsKeithHaynes

For me he is the one I would have chosen out of the three very saleable assets, obviously the other two are Piroe and Obafemi. Those two are going to be the most feared striking partnership in the championship IF we keep Piroe. And I still thinks it’s 50/50.

Losing Downes is replaceable. We have some seriously decent midfielders and with Allen added it can’t do us any harm.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 00:16 - Jul 8 with 1491 viewsReslovenSwan1

Downes represents good trading and Martin's team finding quality players from league 1 and 2. Potter could not do this and Cooper was not successful in trading permanent players. His loans were always out of Swansea's budget. Although in conflict with Ipswich there were not issues with him at Swansea.

Piroe, Paterson and Obafemi came from the club's internal scouting presumably and the set-up left by Scott.

Swsansea were linked with O'Reilly who has proven good player at Celtic and cheap and Darling is expected to do well. The club owners will be impressed and likely to give him more support.

Remember after the duff signings of Celina, McKay, john and Asoro the owners pulled the plug on Woods and that led to Potter handing in his chips. James was mile better than Asoro and Potter had not assessed the academy.

Cooper signed Peterson and did not play him. Winter freed him from his contract which upset Cooper, He complained about no Centre forward and snubbed Goykeres who year later is a leading scorer.

The owners were probably not that impressed. Williams Burns Ogbeta have not worked and Allen has gone. Wasiri could be the next to impress and looks very physical and tough.

Martin has to keep these prospects coming,

Wise sage since Toshack era

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 06:41 - Jul 8 with 1374 viewsWhiterockin

I think we have received a very good price for him, more than I expected, but I always said he was destined for the Premier League just not so soon. As Keith posted of the three likely to be sold he would be my choice only because I think he is the easiest to replace. Providing Joe come in he can fill the slot until the developing youngsters are ready to fill the role, without a financial outlay except for wages.

I am hoping this income will be enough to enable us to turn down any offers for Piroe unless they are way above his value to us. Obafemi personally I think will stay anyway this window.

It's all about signing Joe, sorting out the keeper situation and tweaking now. Plus there is the dead wood we urgently need to sort out. We will need to sell at least one player every year we are in the Championship to balance the books, hopefully this summer it will be only one.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 07:36 - Jul 8 with 1319 viewsraynor94

Excellent bit of business, just hope we can keep Piroe and Oba now.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 07:41 - Jul 8 with 1314 viewsjojaca

He's my preferred option to leave out of the others because we have cover in his position especially with an experienced Joe Allen replacing him. I still think the squad is short, we need a set piece attacking midfielder and my main concern for the team is out wide whether that will be wingers or wing backs, plus our depth of squad starting look really bare towards the end of that last season and we didn't have that many injuries last season.

Even when you know, you never know?

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 08:00 - Jul 8 with 1283 viewsDr_Winston

I'm a little surprised that he's the one of the "big three" that moved first. Whilst clearly a cut above anything else in our midfield, I expected interested teams to let him have another year of seasoning to mature a bit and smooth out some of the rougher edges. West Ham obviously think that they're better served having him now.

A potential total package of £14m in the current market is good value, but I'd hope that we've inserted a sell on clause of our own too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 08:57 - Jul 8 with 1229 viewsSTID2017

I am not surprised after the early part of this window that Downes is the one who has gone.
Piroe for me is going nowhere this window, no real interest shown in him so far.
Obafemi had failed in the EPL with Southampton, so he is rebuilding his career and I would imagine he is being tracked by EPL clubs as one for the future ( same with Piroe )
Downes oozed real class from day one, plus I think other clubs saw him as more available at Swans as easier for us to replace.
I wish him nothing but good luck at West Ham.
Big opportunity for him.
Plus seems we have had a good deal on an untested player at the top level.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 09:18 - Jul 8 with 1187 viewsonehunglow

A loss

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 09:51 - Jul 8 with 1151 viewsGixerJack

Flynn who???
Login to get fewer ads

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 11:32 - Jul 8 with 1054 viewsSTID2017

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 09:18 - Jul 8 by onehunglow

A loss

Two words - Joey Allen.
Ample replacement and then some for the next two - three seasons
The fact that ( at least ) 11 Championship clubs wanted him illustrates the pedigree of the player we are bringing home
[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 11:36]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 11:48 - Jul 8 with 1024 viewsSirjohnalot

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 09:18 - Jul 8 by onehunglow

A loss

Course he is, but with our place in the pyramid and understandable and acceptable one. Our goal scorers are our most valuable assets. Keep them with a better defence, we could be lethal
Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 11:58 - Jul 8 with 1012 viewsmagicdaps10

1.Piroe
2.Downes
3.Obefami

My order of choice on who I was happy leaving once the seasoned finished. I personally think that Obefami was and is the one to keep for this season, I think the lad is a cracking player.

Onto the question

Sad too see him go, I think he is a terrific player Allen in with AN OTHER who is younger and we will be fine in central midfield..... In fact I think Allen will take a lot more pressure off Grimes and I expect a bit of a step up from him.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 13:19 - Jul 8 with 901 viewsvetchonian

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 11:58 - Jul 8 by magicdaps10

1.Piroe
2.Downes
3.Obefami

My order of choice on who I was happy leaving once the seasoned finished. I personally think that Obefami was and is the one to keep for this season, I think the lad is a cracking player.

Onto the question

Sad too see him go, I think he is a terrific player Allen in with AN OTHER who is younger and we will be fine in central midfield..... In fact I think Allen will take a lot more pressure off Grimes and I expect a bit of a step up from him.

As usual Daps you and disagree for me I would list it

Downes
Obafremi
Piroe

We have ample cover for Downes already with Natcham and Fulton lets not forget Grimes and fulton n were a key part of the modfield that got us twice to the playoffs...which is also why I am not convinced over bring Joe back....its snetiemnt to many on here if we were talking of buying in a 32 year old woth no prevoious attachment to the club there would be many dissenters on here..

My concenr comes in losing Obafemi anfd Piroe and especially Piroe without his goals this season we would have been screwed.. 22 goals and 6 assists how do we replace those he carved a great goal from nothing to get us a point at home v Blacpool we didnt look much like scoring otherwise that day.

Obafemi is a great prospect but he scored half the goals Piroe did and Piroe isnt really playing up top.

But opinions eh ....for me Flynn is not a great loss as there is enough in the squad to fill the midfield slot....maybe they are not as "versatile" to play centre back too as Russ got him to during games but its money in thre bank onwards and upwards

More concerned about

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 13:51 - Jul 8 with 862 viewsonehunglow

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 13:19 - Jul 8 by vetchonian

As usual Daps you and disagree for me I would list it

Downes
Obafremi
Piroe

We have ample cover for Downes already with Natcham and Fulton lets not forget Grimes and fulton n were a key part of the modfield that got us twice to the playoffs...which is also why I am not convinced over bring Joe back....its snetiemnt to many on here if we were talking of buying in a 32 year old woth no prevoious attachment to the club there would be many dissenters on here..

My concenr comes in losing Obafemi anfd Piroe and especially Piroe without his goals this season we would have been screwed.. 22 goals and 6 assists how do we replace those he carved a great goal from nothing to get us a point at home v Blacpool we didnt look much like scoring otherwise that day.

Obafemi is a great prospect but he scored half the goals Piroe did and Piroe isnt really playing up top.

But opinions eh ....for me Flynn is not a great loss as there is enough in the squad to fill the midfield slot....maybe they are not as "versatile" to play centre back too as Russ got him to during games but its money in thre bank onwards and upwards

More concerned about

Just as well us miserable ,negative gits arent as sanguine as the others.It prepares one for for disappointments.

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 14:08 - Jul 8 with 837 viewsFireboy2

Gutted absolutely gutted but ateotd he was always going to leave sooner or later as he's a class act.
Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 21:34 - Jul 8 with 707 viewsCatullus

I've already said it, if selling Flynn (good luck to him) means we can keep Oba and Piroe, with Joe coming in it's a very good piece of business at that price, even if we dont get any add ons it's a decent deal for us.

No I hope we go 4 at the back, do away with wing backs and maybe go ack to 4-2-3-1Joe and Grimes can do the holding lark with their eyes shut, Piroe in the middle of the 3 with pato and Ntcham sounds good to me. Oba up front. We just need to sort the deence and stop being suicidal.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 21:38 - Jul 8 with 703 viewsonehunglow

Your thoughts on Downes leaving the swans on 21:34 - Jul 8 by Catullus

I've already said it, if selling Flynn (good luck to him) means we can keep Oba and Piroe, with Joe coming in it's a very good piece of business at that price, even if we dont get any add ons it's a decent deal for us.

No I hope we go 4 at the back, do away with wing backs and maybe go ack to 4-2-3-1Joe and Grimes can do the holding lark with their eyes shut, Piroe in the middle of the 3 with pato and Ntcham sounds good to me. Oba up front. We just need to sort the deence and stop being suicidal.

I’d agree with that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024