Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blame Russell Martin all you want 17:40 - Aug 18 with 1917 viewsSwansIndependent

Blame Russell Martin all you want 18th Aug 2022 17:37
Russell Martin has a plethora of issues, both good and bad to address before Saturdays home game against Luton Town, not least the real split in favour, or otherwise, of him continuing as Swansea City manager. On reflection that’s ridiculous. It really is. Of course that’s only fans opinion - and really at the end of it all the only opinion that matters is that of those who actually make these things happen. 0

We are on Insta too 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator
Blame Russell Martin all you want on 18:40 - Aug 18 with 1278 viewsonehunglow

You write very well Keith.
You have a great command of the written word.
I d rather speak than write as my oral skills are better.

Frankly, it's been a long time since our fan base was so divided and your fine site reflects this chasm.

I dread the Luton games and Nathan Jones is one who ,even at my advanced age,I would love to slap and Im not a violent man.

He will be encouraged by Millwall,described as a "good" side by some poster when they are nowt more than excellent thugs in shorts. They will be right into our faces .

We need to person up

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 19:01 - Aug 18 with 1229 viewsKeithHaynes

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 18:40 - Aug 18 by onehunglow

Frankly, it's been a long time since our fan base was so divided and your fine site reflects this chasm.

I dread the Luton games and Nathan Jones is one who ,even at my advanced age,I would love to slap and Im not a violent man.

He will be encouraged by Millwall,described as a "good" side by some poster when they are nowt more than excellent thugs in shorts. They will be right into our faces .

We need to person up

People need to remember Luton could be a premier league side this season, they were that close.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 19:05 - Aug 18 with 1223 viewsonehunglow

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 19:01 - Aug 18 by KeithHaynes

People need to remember Luton could be a premier league side this season, they were that close.

They were indeed

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 19:21 - Aug 18 with 1193 viewsraynor94

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 18:40 - Aug 18 by onehunglow

We need to person up

Totally agree with your last 2 paragraphs

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 19:42 - Aug 18 with 1161 viewsvetchonian

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 19:01 - Aug 18 by KeithHaynes

as close as we could have been last season..we list the play off final in 2020/21 yet finished 15th last season

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 19:53 - Aug 18 with 1133 viewsvetchonian

but that's the way it is the manager is to blame.....how many of us have seen this in our workplace ....managers sacked when things go wrong even though some things are actually not in their control

we are in Martin's second season ...he had some slack last season given the circumstances on which he arrived he asked us to trust the process....well a year on a full preseason and players of his choice added the question is has the process progressed?
people are already questioning the quality of Sorinola much has been said about Fisher all the choice of the manager
manager s are measured on achievement Martin had no great record before he arrived in fact what he has achieved here is the same as his last club....there are no early signs this season things will change
Martinez arrived with no managerial history but quickly delivered.....Rodgers who previously had "failed" forbidden promotion in his first season.
Martin is to blame its his squad ...his tactics his substitutes and his change in formations...if he were a manager in manufacturing for example he would be on a performance measurement plan by now

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 20:11 - Aug 18 with 1086 viewsWhiterockin

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 19:53 - Aug 18 by vetchonian

but that's the way it is the manager is to blame.....how many of us have seen this in our workplace ....managers sacked when things go wrong even though some things are actually not in their control

we are in Martin's second season ...he had some slack last season given the circumstances on which he arrived he asked us to trust the process....well a year on a full preseason and players of his choice added the question is has the process progressed?
people are already questioning the quality of Sorinola much has been said about Fisher all the choice of the manager
manager s are measured on achievement Martin had no great record before he arrived in fact what he has achieved here is the same as his last club....there are no early signs this season things will change
Martinez arrived with no managerial history but quickly delivered.....Rodgers who previously had "failed" forbidden promotion in his first season.
Martin is to blame its his squad ...his tactics his substitutes and his change in formations...if he were a manager in manufacturing for example he would be on a performance measurement plan by now

Very fine margins.
If we hadn't conceded two own goals in added time, things would be very different.
Blame Russell Martin all you want on 20:17 - Aug 18 with 1068 viewsFireboy2

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 20:11 - Aug 18 by Whiterockin

Very fine margins.
If we hadn't conceded two own goals in added time, things would be very different.

And all the players we have are ours, we arent paying for players that our manager is developing for PL clubs, players who will never play for us full time, unless we get ij the PL.

Which ever way people put it RM is developing OUR players, whether they are with us or on loan at our clubs.
Login to get fewer ads

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 20:22 - Aug 18 with 1057 viewsvetchonian

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 20:17 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

And all the players we have are ours, we arent paying for players that our manager is developing for PL clubs, players who will never play for us full time, unless we get ij the PL.

Which ever way people put it RM is developing OUR players, whether they are with us or on loan at our clubs.

let it go let it go

lets start analysing Martin shall we

Many on here are critical of Sorinola he looks out of his depth
He shipped out Bidwell, he has shipped out Whittaker yet kept Cullen?

Lets see where we are in 6 games time shall we....let s see how the process is progressing

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 20:23 - Aug 18 with 1047 viewsFireboy2

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 20:22 - Aug 18 by vetchonian

let it go let it go

Lets see where we are in 6 games time shall we....let s see how the process is progressing

Haha people in glass houses and all that 🤣
Blame Russell Martin all you want on 20:23 - Aug 18 with 1045 viewsvetchonian

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 20:17 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

we have no chance of getting to the PL with Martin at the helm

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 20:43 - Aug 18 with 1015 viewsFireboy2

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 20:23 - Aug 18 by vetchonian

Unlike some on here I'm not obsessed on getting back into the PL.

I know where we belong.

And FYI we had no chance of getting back whilst your idol was in charge, never mind getting into the play offs semi then final, we were NEVER going to beat either of bmuff or brentford with the players we had but more importantly the way we played.
Blame Russell Martin all you want on 21:28 - Aug 18 with 941 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea the season before went out to Newport county and have lost one out of four championship games. Why blame anyone for anything? There are a few gremlins to iron out with regard to closing out games and dealing with crosses with a youthful back four.

Things should settle down. Wood, Darling, Cabango have barely played together before and big Ben was injured for much o the pre season. Allen has played one game.

Blame for the bottom three. Luton are out of form and Swansea owe then one for the outrageous behaviour at Kenilworth Road which included a cowardly assault and racial running racial abuse not dealt with by Luton or the TVP.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 21:42]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 21:30 - Aug 18 with 933 viewsvetchonian

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 20:43 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

I know where we belong.

And FYI we had no chance of getting back whilst your idol was in charge, never mind getting into the play offs semi then final, we were NEVER going to beat either of bmuff or brentford with the players we had but more importantly the way we played.

I thought Cooper bottled it

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 21:32 - Aug 18 with 920 viewsAndyCole

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 20:23 - Aug 18 by vetchonian

I actually think there is now a chance of the Swans progressing.

We surely do have the riches of talent, and we now have Allen, the missing link, the catalyst to express ourselves properly and truly leverage the rich vein of talent so expensively assembled.

The players go Plan B, like they did last term when we started winning. Like they did the last two matches after ditching our calamitous losing set-up epitomised oh so woefully, oh so finally vs Blackburn

Allow the quality players to play quality football the way our quality footballers know best. It's the pragmatic, winning way forward, esp with with Allen now on board.......

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 21:43 - Aug 18 with 896 viewsFireboy2

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 21:30 - Aug 18 by vetchonian

I thought Cooper bottled it

From Jan/Feb iirc.

99.9 % of jacks knew that we were NEVER going to beat brentford.

I remember praying that we would change and actually turn up and give it go.
Blame Russell Martin all you want on 21:45 - Aug 18 with 891 viewsCatullus

let it go let it go

Even worse to me, we kept Cullen and moved Joseph out!

Yes Martin is making baffling decisions. yes there is still lots to do. After Blackburn I'd have sacked him on the spot, after Tuesday I'm again saying lets see after Saturday...and then maybe the next game, and see if we just had a slow start.

Martin has turned me back into a fickle fan! last Tuesday was a good game and, much as I have complained about him (specially last week) we know the owners won't sack him yet.

I started reading this thread ( and others ) before I logged in and I've seen all the comments by people I have on ignore. They all concentrate on the negatives and seem to want to ignore anything good. I thinks it's called an agenda, some of the posts are so similar you'd think they were by the same person

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 21:49 - Aug 18 with 888 viewsvetchonian

I know where we belong.

But at least under Cooper..not my idol I "defend " him because given the resources he had he got us competing at the top of this league .....many fans criticised him called him out for his excuse making yet the fraud we now have ,,,,,and I say that as he is a fraud blames the bus the grass the journey players who are not in match day squad on the bench for his short comings

where do we belong? I want to see us playing at the highest level possible I would be happy with us playing well and competitng in the top 8 of this division but I dont see that happening under our current manager.....I m fully aware of where we came from Ive been part of the roller coaster ride since the days of the late great Harry Griffiths....but lets not forget we enjoyed a greatg new era from 2002 0n and spent 7 season in the PL which enabled us to develop two state of the art training facilities attract players we no longer train on public parks the palyers no longer shower in a local sports club.....

The excuses made for this manager are becoming incredulous I take my hat off to those who travel away .... I dont these day but back in the day I did especially when we give up the game as we did at Oxford....
we will do better away as the home side are expected to go out and attack giving us more slack....

Lets move on shall we Cooper has gone lets stop diverting to take the spotlight off Martin
my original post made no reference to Cooper yet you brought him up....so let compare both Martin and Cooper are in their 4th seasons as Managers Cooper has in his in 1st 3 seasons finished 6th lost the play off semi final in his 2nd season finished 4th in the championship and losty the play off final in his 3rd season he took over the club at the bottom of the league and finished 4th ( no preseason) winning the play off final and took his club to the PL

Russell Martin in his first season in management finished 19th in div 1 admittedly he took over 3 months into the season but knew the club as he was there as a player. 2nd season finsished 13th in Div 1
in his 3rd season he joins us and takes a team which finished 4th the previous season to 15th ......currently we are 14th

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 21:50 - Aug 18 with 885 viewsReslovenSwan1

let it go let it go

Whittaker and Joseph need 45 games each. They will not get it at Swansea. It is the right thing to do. The club saves around £500,000 in wages as both players were wanted.

Was anyone wanting Cullen? Why was he kept? He is under contract and there were possibly no offers. He can cover for Piroe and Obafemi and can get a goal or two.

I cannot justify Sorinola. Lack of physicality was highlighted by Martin after the bulldozering by Forest. Garrick might have been a better option. Faster bigger stronger. It looks like an indulgent signing for a player the manger likes but does not need in the Championship. Asoro by Potter for example.

These signings need to be weeded out by a second opinion.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 21:51]

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 21:56 - Aug 18 with 854 viewsReslovenSwan1

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 21:45 - Aug 18 by Catullus

Yes Martin is making baffling decisions. yes there is still lots to do. After Blackburn I'd have sacked him on the spot, after Tuesday I'm again saying lets see after Saturday...and then maybe the next game, and see if we just had a slow start.

Martin has turned me back into a fickle fan! last Tuesday was a good game and, much as I have complained about him (specially last week) we know the owners won't sack him yet.

I started reading this thread ( and others ) before I logged in and I've seen all the comments by people I have on ignore. They all concentrate on the negatives and seem to want to ignore anything good. I thinks it's called an agenda, some of the posts are so similar you'd think they were by the same person

Which clubs wanted Cullen on loan? Any details? Benda he is great when he is not gifting goals like he did at Oxford. He personally ensured himself less games time by being careless.

Peterborough wanted Swansea to cover his wages. What if Fisher get injured? .

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 22:02 - Aug 18 with 845 viewsvetchonian

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 21:45 - Aug 18 by Catullus

I know what you mean Cat
Tuesday was a huge improvement on Blackburn as was Saturday shame about the brain fart in the last 5 minutes...

I see where you are coming from re the negatives and is ti the same person or is it just people of like minds.....as the continual positivees?

For me I see things as I do in my work life...I measure by results...I am always hopeful that Martin will prove me wrong that he will get it right....my heart the thing that has kept me following this club though the majority of lows and minor highs has this hope whilst my head says otherwise.

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 22:20 - Aug 18 with 825 viewsCatullus

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 22:02 - Aug 18 by vetchonian

I know what you mean Cat
Tuesday was a huge improvement on Blackburn as was Saturday shame about the brain fart in the last 5 minutes...

I see where you are coming from re the negatives and is ti the same person or is it just people of like minds.....as the continual positivees?

For me I see things as I do in my work life...I measure by results...I am always hopeful that Martin will prove me wrong that he will get it right....my heart the thing that has kept me following this club though the majority of lows and minor highs has this hope whilst my head says otherwise.

For most of us sports fans it's more about the performance becase most clubs don't win anything.

If it was all about results for every fan then a lot of clubs would go to the wall and we'd have a Euro super league with 4/5 UK teams in it who had 120k stadia because we all went to the teams with the best result.

Sport isn't like that though, that's why Bury's ground is back in fans hands and they hope to get their team up and running again, it's in our blood. If Swansea City ceased to exist tomorrow there isn't another team I could follow that would elicit the same feelings.

Whatever I say, good or bad, whatever the results, wherever we finish, I only have one team that support 100%...STID.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 23:53 - Aug 18 with 773 viewsDr_Parnassus

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 20:11 - Aug 18 by Whiterockin

Very fine margins.

How is that a fine margin though?

You are saying if the opposition scored two less in a game, then we would be in a better position.

Take 2 goals per game off the opposition of any team at random - and they probably end up champions.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 00:29 - Aug 19 with 761 viewsSTID2017

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 22:20 - Aug 18 by Catullus

For most of us sports fans it's more about the performance becase most clubs don't win anything.

If it was all about results for every fan then a lot of clubs would go to the wall and we'd have a Euro super league with 4/5 UK teams in it who had 120k stadia because we all went to the teams with the best result.

Sport isn't like that though, that's why Bury's ground is back in fans hands and they hope to get their team up and running again, it's in our blood. If Swansea City ceased to exist tomorrow there isn't another team I could follow that would elicit the same feelings.

Whatever I say, good or bad, whatever the results, wherever we finish, I only have one team that support 100%...STID.

Great post and so true

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Blame Russell Martin all you want on 08:31 - Aug 19 with 687 viewsonehunglow

I know where we belong.

"I know where we belong"

Incredible.Beyond firther comment.

I know where I'm going and I know who's going with me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024