Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin speaks 19:12 - Feb 18 with 2742 viewsKeithHaynes

From the OS.

Russell Martin felt his Swansea City side should have been leaving Ewood Park with at least a point after they suffered more late heartbreak against Blackburn Rovers.

The Swans had much the better of the opening half in Lancashire, with Joel Piroe, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling and Jay Fulton all unable to convert good chances.

The contest was more even after the break, with Andy Fisher making a good stop to deny Ben Brereton Diaz and Ryan Manning clearing a Tyrhys Dolan effort off the line.

But the game looked to be heading for a goalless draw until one defensive lapse saw Dom Hyam’s cross flick through to Daniel Ayala, who bundled in a header at the far post in the final minute of the 90.

And head coach Martin was disappointed to see his young squad come away with nothing for their efforts.

“We should not lose the game, we should be coming away from here with at least a draw,” he said.

"We have some really good chances in the first half, I don't think they had anything of note, but we don't score the first goal again and it keeps the game hanging in the balance.

"In the second half they changed formation and it helped them a little bit. But we didn't show anywhere near enough intensity with the ball.

"The intensity without the ball today was great, even the way we defended, we limited them to very little. The amount of times we regained the ball, the team pressed really well and were really aggressive.

"But we should make the most of it, some of the opportunities we gave ourselves from that position, I don't know how we don't have more shots or a goal, because I think if it's their team with the front three they have, it's probably a different story.

"They score a goal from second phase from a set-piece, it's happened far too much. To lose it is madness really.

“Maybe we would have taken the point and not been happy with what we had, but to lose the game is madness really.

“it's inexcusable, frustrating and really disappointing.”

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin speaks on 19:32 - Feb 18 with 2217 viewsSullutaCreturned

His last line is 100% spot on but it applies to him even more than it applies to the players.

It's an ongoing theme, a succession of failures stretching back 18 months. In most other clubs, Martin would have been sacked ages ago.
Russell Martin speaks on 19:36 - Feb 18 with 2202 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He makes it sound as if he was playing for a draw in the second half, which may be the reason he left putting on the 2 attacking subs until after they scored.
Russell Martin speaks on 19:39 - Feb 18 with 2194 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin speaks on 19:36 - Feb 18 by A_Fans_Dad

He makes it sound as if he was playing for a draw in the second half, which may be the reason he left putting on the 2 attacking subs until after they scored.

Ninety minute subs have generally always been pointless unless you’re wasting time.

Russell Martin speaks on 19:53 - Feb 18 with 2103 viewsjack247

Russell Martin speaks on 19:32 - Feb 18 by SullutaCreturned

His last line is 100% spot on but it applies to him even more than it applies to the players.

It's an ongoing theme, a succession of failures stretching back 18 months. In most other clubs, Martin would have been sacked ages ago.

It does. When a manager repeats the same thing week after week, especially when he’s basically blaming the players, it’s pretty much past the point of no return.
Russell Martin speaks on 22:23 - Feb 18 with 1851 viewsBoundy

Russell Martin speaks on 19:39 - Feb 18 by KeithHaynes

Ninety minute subs have generally always been pointless unless you’re wasting time.

That's one of things that I couldn't understand ,we were chasing the game and he made individual substitutions knowing we needed at least a goal

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russell Martin speaks on 22:53 - Feb 18 with 1797 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin speaks on 22:23 - Feb 18 by Boundy

That's one of things that I couldn't understand ,we were chasing the game and he made individual substitutions knowing we needed at least a goal

And the slowing down of play when 1-0 down looking to create the perfect goal, and when that opportunity arose for Sorinola.

Well, the rest is now history.

Set against what Birmingham City did to us, and they are a team who really just threw the kitchen sink and won a game.

Russell Martin speaks on 11:12 - Feb 19 with 1469 viewsgrabsplatter

Russell Martin speaks on 22:53 - Feb 18 by KeithHaynes

And the slowing down of play when 1-0 down looking to create the perfect goal, and when that opportunity arose for Sorinola.

Well, the rest is now history.

Set against what Birmingham City did to us, and they are a team who really just threw the kitchen sink and won a game.

Flooding the box with players & getting lots of crosses in creates chances.
I get that we're not going to do it for the whole game but in the last couple of minutes when we need a goal just try it.
The second half yesterday was shocking, a thoroughly miserable drive back to Swansea- again 🙄
Russell Martin speaks on 12:27 - Feb 19 with 1360 viewsBadlands

For all the social media comments about Martin (lack of success, boring football, players lacking confidence etc) the crowd has been silent.
I can’t recall any chants suggesting Martin should 'sort it out', ‘don’t know what you are doing' or 'Martin out'. Or have I missed them?
Two reasons I can think of …
The crowd is happy with. Martin
Or
The loud minority is so fixated with slagging of the 'owners' that they ignore the failings of Winter and Martin (plus coaching team) who are paid to run the club and the teams!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin speaks on 12:45 - Feb 19 with 1329 viewsQJumpingJack

It's the same mistakes.
It's the same excuses.
And it is all getting very tiring.
Maybe we can copy and paste the above comments for 10pm on Tuesday evening?
Russell Martin speaks on 14:08 - Feb 19 with 1223 viewsFireboy2

Russell Martin speaks on 12:27 - Feb 19 by Badlands

For all the social media comments about Martin (lack of success, boring football, players lacking confidence etc) the crowd has been silent.
I can’t recall any chants suggesting Martin should 'sort it out', ‘don’t know what you are doing' or 'Martin out'. Or have I missed them?
Or
The loud minority is so fixated with slagging of the 'owners' that they ignore the failings of Winter and Martin (plus coaching team) who are paid to run the club and the teams!

Most are fixated as its the owners who are the biggest problem.

No matter who is manager now they will not be backed.

People need to calm down and realised whilst these lot own us we will stagnate and only go one way.

I have given up thinking we have potential after the last window, others should think the same then life will get easier, believe me it works, that's why I post very little now.
Russell Martin speaks on 14:11 - Feb 19 with 1222 viewsFlashberryjack

The only words I want to hear from Russell is, "I'm leaving".

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Russell Martin speaks on 14:15 - Feb 19 with 1209 viewsjack247

Or

It’s apathy
Russell Martin speaks on 14:47 - Feb 19 with 1169 viewsBadlands

Russell Martin speaks on 14:15 - Feb 19 by jack247

It’s apathy

Could be.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Russell Martin speaks on 14:58 - Feb 19 with 1151 viewspencoedjack

Russell Martin speaks on 12:45 - Feb 19 by QJumpingJack

It's the same mistakes.
It's the same excuses.
And it is all getting very tiring.
Maybe we can copy and paste the above comments for 10pm on Tuesday evening?

I no longer bother reading what the fraud says.

Wish he’d bugger off & concentrate on his vegan restaurants, he might be better at that he certainly can’t be any worse.
Russell Martin speaks on 14:59 - Feb 19 with 1147 viewspencoedjack

Or

Think that might change against Stoke if we fall behind.
Russell Martin speaks on 15:05 - Feb 19 with 1140 viewsBryanSwan

Russell Martin speaks on 14:15 - Feb 19 by jack247

It’s apathy

Spot on, I usually try to get down as much as i can and even get to a couple aways. I haven't been down much and haven't bothered with an away game at all yet.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Russell Martin speaks on 15:16 - Feb 19 with 1121 viewspencoedjack

Russell Martin speaks on 15:05 - Feb 19 by BryanSwan

Spot on, I usually try to get down as much as i can and even get to a couple aways. I haven't been down much and haven't bothered with an away game at all yet.

Same for me although I have a ST and haven’t gone something I’ve never done before this season.

Only done 2 aways & I normally do 5 or 6.

Not going to the Bassey away game either & I haven’t missed one of them since what seems like time begun.
Russell Martin speaks on 15:47 - Feb 19 with 1079 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Or

We don’t dislike Russell as an individual, he seems like a tjouroughly likeable guy doing his job the best he seems fit

It’ shouldn’t be on fans to hound people out when the results they are achieving plus be doing that by themselves

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Russell Martin speaks on 18:03 - Feb 19 with 965 viewsBryanSwan

Russell Martin speaks on 15:16 - Feb 19 by pencoedjack

Same for me although I have a ST and haven’t gone something I’ve never done before this season.

Only done 2 aways & I normally do 5 or 6.

Not going to the Bassey away game either & I haven’t missed one of them since what seems like time begun.

I'd given mine up after the Covid season due to work but still tried to get down, just doesn't have the draw anymore to make me want to fit everything else around it.
I might still try and get an away trip in before the end of the season though, even though it would be the weekend more than the game I'd look forward to haha.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Russell Martin speaks on 18:07 - Feb 19 with 952 viewsDr_Winston

Russell Martin speaks on 15:47 - Feb 19 by PatchesOHoulihan

We don’t dislike Russell as an individual, he seems like a tjouroughly likeable guy doing his job the best he seems fit

It’ shouldn’t be on fans to hound people out when the results they are achieving plus be doing that by themselves

Garry Monk seemed like a likeable guy until everyone finally noticed what he was really like.

Pay more attention to Martin's actions rather than his words.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russell Martin speaks on 18:11 - Feb 19 with 939 viewsvetchonian

Russell Martin speaks on 14:08 - Feb 19 by Fireboy2

Most are fixated as its the owners who are the biggest problem.

No matter who is manager now they will not be backed.

People need to calm down and realised whilst these lot own us we will stagnate and only go one way.

I have given up thinking we have potential after the last window, others should think the same then life will get easier, believe me it works, that's why I post very little now.

How are you so sure any future manager will not be backed .....
I'm the previous windows to this last one the owners were more than happy to splash some cash maybe given where we find ourselves and the performances under Martin they have decided to be more cautious who is certain a new manager wouldn't receive some financial support in the transfer market......

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin speaks on 21:05 - Feb 19 with 773 viewsFireboy2

Russell Martin speaks on 18:11 - Feb 19 by vetchonian

How are you so sure any future manager will not be backed .....
I'm the previous windows to this last one the owners were more than happy to splash some cash maybe given where we find ourselves and the performances under Martin they have decided to be more cautious who is certain a new manager wouldn't receive some financial support in the transfer market......

How am I sure that any future manager will not be backed?

Since the parachute payments have gone the owners spending went down dramatically, if you think if martin goes they will change and splash out you are living in cloud cuckoo land.
Russell Martin speaks on 21:14 - Feb 19 with 760 viewsvetchonian

Russell Martin speaks on 21:05 - Feb 19 by Fireboy2

Since the parachute payments have gone the owners spending went down dramatically, if you think if martin goes they will change and splash out you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Paterson
Downes
Rhys Williams
Ethan Laird
Cyrus Christie
Fisher
Darling
Hannes Wolf
FInly Burns
Ogebeta
Joe Allen
Wood
FInn Stevens
Luke Cundle
Liam Walsh
Armstrong Oxo Flex
Sorinola

16 players that the owners have spent on since MArtin arrived....yes the value of spend has probably reduced in line with funds available the owners gave him funds yet his "pet transfers" in Fisher, Darling and Sorinola until recently and comments on here spent their time picking up splinters he refused to use Ogebeta and Finn Stevens disnt get a look in and Oxo Flex well what can I say...if io were the owners I wouldnt have even said there funds availble for JAnuary.
Again I dont live in cloud cuckoo land like some on here who beleive that if the manager had different players we would be in a better position but Im am of the opinion another manager will get some backing

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin speaks on 21:19 - Feb 19 with 753 viewsDr_Winston

Russell Martin speaks on 21:05 - Feb 19 by Fireboy2

Football club in "trying to live within its means" shock.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russell Martin speaks on 21:21 - Feb 19 with 743 viewsFireboy2

Russell Martin speaks on 21:14 - Feb 19 by vetchonian

Paterson
Downes
Rhys Williams
Ethan Laird
Cyrus Christie
Fisher
Darling
Hannes Wolf
FInly Burns
Ogebeta
Joe Allen
Wood
FInn Stevens
Luke Cundle
Liam Walsh
Armstrong Oxo Flex
Sorinola

16 players that the owners have spent on since MArtin arrived....yes the value of spend has probably reduced in line with funds available the owners gave him funds yet his "pet transfers" in Fisher, Darling and Sorinola until recently and comments on here spent their time picking up splinters he refused to use Ogebeta and Finn Stevens disnt get a look in and Oxo Flex well what can I say...if io were the owners I wouldnt have even said there funds availble for JAnuary.
Again I dont live in cloud cuckoo land like some on here who beleive that if the manager had different players we would be in a better position but Im am of the opinion another manager will get some backing

Probably reduced? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024