Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED 11:15 - Aug 22 with 5883 viewsSwansIndependent

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 22nd Aug 2023 11:14
Russell Martin has decided that he needs strengthening at the back of his Saints defence. His new club have made a bid of seven million pounds to secure his services ( Sky Sports ) The initial deal has been offered by Southampton with add ons that could reach ten million pounds. 0

Surprised it took this long ? Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood on 11:23 - Aug 22 with 4727 viewsWhiterockin

He's gone, it's just a matter of how much.
Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood on 11:25 - Aug 22 with 4715 viewsQJumpingJack

Southampton to bid for Piroe early next week?
Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood on 11:32 - Aug 22 with 4691 viewsnantywatcher

In my mind our most valuable asset - there needs to be some serious add -ons because he has the potential to play at a very high level. Even now I can imagine a Premier team taking a punt for the future before this window closes.
Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood on 11:50 - Aug 22 with 4608 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood on 11:23 - Aug 22 by Whiterockin

He's gone, it's just a matter of how much.

Yes,and to all - apologies for the bugs in the initial report.

I think we will push them to the enth degree on this. And rightly so.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood on 11:57 - Aug 22 with 4562 viewsWhiterockin

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood on 11:50 - Aug 22 by KeithHaynes

Yes,and to all - apologies for the bugs in the initial report.

I think we will push them to the enth degree on this. And rightly so.

Keith is it true that the will no longer accept staged payments. Full payment before we release.
Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood on 12:09 - Aug 22 with 4512 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood on 11:57 - Aug 22 by Whiterockin

Keith is it true that the will no longer accept staged payments. Full payment before we release.

Every deal is different, we won’t get anything more until we get a call later around 4pm. In Southampton’s case I reckon we will push for nine million straight up, that may answer your question, they have the premier league parachute payment plus loads more from transfers out.

It’s a shame that this has occurred when our real quality contact is away. I hope we screw them in to the ground.

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 16:37 - Aug 22 with 3947 viewsEagleEye

Club must have known this was coming hence the pursuit of the Chelsea lad (which looks to have failed ?) & rumours about the Rotherham defender

Shame if he goes, we have had to put up with his mistakes & the club has taken all the risk in developing him at Championship level. Never looked comfortable playing Martinball but there has been improvement in his all round play. Don’t like to see the club selling good players to rivals in the same league, just doesn’t make sense unless the price is right. With the money that Southampton have from sales & parachute payments let’s hope the club holds out for a decent fee & most importantly get a replacement sorted rapidly.
Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 16:55 - Aug 22 with 3901 viewsFireboy2

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 16:37 - Aug 22 by EagleEye

Club must have known this was coming hence the pursuit of the Chelsea lad (which looks to have failed ?) & rumours about the Rotherham defender

Shame if he goes, we have had to put up with his mistakes & the club has taken all the risk in developing him at Championship level. Never looked comfortable playing Martinball but there has been improvement in his all round play. Don’t like to see the club selling good players to rivals in the same league, just doesn’t make sense unless the price is right. With the money that Southampton have from sales & parachute payments let’s hope the club holds out for a decent fee & most importantly get a replacement sorted rapidly.

Watson is all over it, if wood goes he will have someone lined up.

I think wood has done remarkably well for us, I don't recall him making as many mistakes as canango or darling.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 17:48 - Aug 22 with 3776 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 16:55 - Aug 22 by Fireboy2

I think wood has done remarkably well for us, I don't recall him making as many mistakes as canango or darling.

Talking to someone this afternoon I would agree with you mate, but and it’s a big but, this should open the door for one of the Humphreys.

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 17:55 - Aug 22 with 3747 viewsEagleEye

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 16:55 - Aug 22 by Fireboy2

Not as many mistakes as Cabango or Darling I concur, but still a fair few in his earlier games. Defo struggles with playing out from the back in a back 3
Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 18:07 - Aug 22 with 3702 viewsFlashberryjack

I know a lot will disagree, but I've never been a massive fan of Woods, yes! he does have potential, but for £7 million I'd let him go as long as that £7 million was spent on a replacement.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 18:14 - Aug 22 with 3657 viewsWhiterockin

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 18:07 - Aug 22 by Flashberryjack

I know a lot will disagree, but I've never been a massive fan of Woods, yes! he does have potential, but for £7 million I'd let him go as long as that £7 million was spent on a replacement.

I recon we will get the guy in from Rotherham for about £2M.
Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 18:23 - Aug 22 with 3629 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 18:07 - Aug 22 by Flashberryjack

I agree with you regarding Wood, however there is no way we'll spend £7 million on a replacement, and I wouldn't expect us to, spend a bit and there's a nice little nest egg for the New Year transfer window should we need it.
Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 18:26 - Aug 22 with 3606 viewsmagicdaps10

That money and I wouldnt think it would be all will be used to get 2 x centre halves, a left wing back and another midfielder.

It will help to push a little further with targets.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 19:09 - Aug 22 with 3500 viewsSullutaCreturned

Southampton have been very tight with us but we know they are loaded now so screw them down tight.

A "healthy" sell on clause and 8 million I reckon. Then give Duff 6 million for strengthening. With Ntcham going we have a slightly better wage situation, we can pay 3 players with his one wage.

I'd rather sell Darling to be honest but we won't get much for him. lets hope Watson can still dig out the gems.
Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 19:47 - Aug 22 with 3398 viewsbuilthjack

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 17:48 - Aug 22 by KeithHaynes

Talking to someone this afternoon I would agree with you mate, but and it’s a big but, this should open the door for one of the Humphreys.

Watch out, watch out

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 19:58 - Aug 22 with 3365 viewsbonymine

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 18:23 - Aug 22 by Treforys_Jack

I agree with you regarding Wood, however there is no way we'll spend £7 million on a replacement, and I wouldn't expect us to, spend a bit and there's a nice little nest egg for the New Year transfer window should we need it.

Agree mate had a ‘stuttering’ start with us but has improved his overall game in fairness but anything between £7-10M which is the number being banded about we should snap their hands off !!

Still a way to go for the lad, take the money on the table and part reinvest/part hold back for January.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 20:54 - Aug 22 with 3248 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 18:26 - Aug 22 by magicdaps10

That money and I wouldnt think it would be all will be used to get 2 x centre halves, a left wing back and another midfielder.

It will help to push a little further with targets.

Can you imagine what a young Nathan Dyer would do to this league, let alone Routledge as well.

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 21:10 - Aug 22 with 3207 viewsmagicdaps10

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 20:54 - Aug 22 by KeithHaynes

Can you imagine what a young Nathan Dyer would do to this league, let alone Routledge as well.

Scouting, scouting and more scouting.

Get it done right and relaxing of a few work permits then we can find the new Dyer and Routledge.

Opportunity calls and the Wood money can open up a few new doors for us.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 22:16 - Aug 22 with 3039 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 21:10 - Aug 22 by magicdaps10

Scouting, scouting and more scouting.

Get it done right and relaxing of a few work permits then we can find the new Dyer and Routledge.

Opportunity calls and the Wood money can open up a few new doors for us.

I don’t think we have had a decent pace based wide player since ?

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 23:10 - Aug 22 with 2944 viewsGVJack

Understand every player has their price and if the money can get reinvested it may be a good piece of business. But I really don't want to sell to those smug b@§!@√*s down on the south coast. Anyone but them!!!
Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 09:36 - Aug 23 with 2616 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 22:16 - Aug 22 by KeithHaynes

I don’t think we have had a decent pace based wide player since ?

Have we actually had a proper winger at the club since? Only on loan and hardly used. We keep going with the wing back thing

I suppose Ginnelly is a winger/forward. I would love to see another like Dyer or Routs here, they get you off your seat, they excite you.
Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 10:26 - Aug 23 with 2541 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 09:36 - Aug 23 by SullutaCreturned

Have we actually had a proper winger at the club since? Only on loan and hardly used. We keep going with the wing back thing

I suppose Ginnelly is a winger/forward. I would love to see another like Dyer or Routs here, they get you off your seat, they excite you.

Barrow ?

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 11:20 - Aug 23 with 2461 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 09:36 - Aug 23 by SullutaCreturned

Playing 433/451 with Dyer and Sinclair was effective particularly because they could beat defenders and were willing to support our fullbacks in defence.
One of our issues now is that we don't really have anyone who can beat a defender to create space.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 12:47 - Aug 23 with 2347 viewsRichardO

Swans in discussions to sell Nathan Wood 🔴 UPDATED on 11:20 - Aug 23 by JACKMANANDBOY

Playing 433/451 with Dyer and Sinclair was effective particularly because they could beat defenders and were willing to support our fullbacks in defence.
One of our issues now is that we don't really have anyone who can beat a defender to create space.

Both Key and even Cooper seem happy to get the ball moving at their feet, both looking to go inside from the left, Key looks to offer a lot but too early to tell, needs time to settle in his right position, Cooper uses his movement looking inside to play the one two but as yet showed little composure in front of goal but has poached a number of goals when given no time to think.
Where both Roberts and Bidewell used as wingers or just protection for Naughton and Manning?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024