Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anger is an energy : Grimes inspirational in tense win v Stoke 08:00 - Apr 11 with 773 viewsSwansIndependent

Anger is an energy : Grimes inspirational in tense win v Stoke 11th Apr 2024 08:00
Swansea City didn’t look too troubled in this game, but the anger on the pitch was palpable as much as the anger off it. A huge chunk of missing fans decided they were not attending, and the club has to take stock on where they are going forwards. 14,692 was the official attendance, but we all know that’s as mythical as it gets. At least two thousand season ticket holders were not present. It was more like twelve thousand. 0

At last, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Anger is an energy : Grimes inspirational in tense win v Stoke on 11:21 - Apr 11 with 595 viewsonehunglow

The better sport people use anger positively

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Anger is an energy : Grimes inspirational in tense win v Stoke on 13:37 - Apr 11 with 536 viewsReslovenSwan1

The best managers get their troops going for every match. Kkopp for example will drive his troops every day every match by the power of his personality. I think Williams has learned his personality and demeanour can make a big difference.

Martin noticed it too. This group relaxes after Cardiff wins. Williams needed to 'mentally detox' with a reset after their celebrations designed for bonding.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Anger is an energy : Grimes inspirational in tense win v Stoke on 13:45 - Apr 11 with 529 viewsEagleEye

Anger is an energy : Grimes inspirational in tense win v Stoke on 11:21 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

The better sport people use anger positively

I think this bunch lacks quality to coast through games to win by skill alone. They need to be fired up and angry & that desire starts with the individual & the coach needs to set the scene & stir the desire. Agree with your comment
Anger is an energy : Grimes inspirational in tense win v Stoke on 14:05 - Apr 11 with 495 viewsonehunglow

Anger is an energy : Grimes inspirational in tense win v Stoke on 13:45 - Apr 11 by EagleEye

I think this bunch lacks quality to coast through games to win by skill alone. They need to be fired up and angry & that desire starts with the individual & the coach needs to set the scene & stir the desire. Agree with your comment

Most if this season has been appalling.
It ain’t negative ,just fact. People are expecting dross and are staying away ,evidenced by last nights attendance .
One win does not change anything especially against what must be the worst side seen at the Stadium this year .
The Boro game and many others have been insulting and we’ve been offered the usual pitiful dross from Williams,Grimes and whoever else is wheeled out to pacify fans .
This season has been another lost cause and we are basically hanging on to our Champ status .
What the players can do is to win every game from now on and then they can justify the drivel they’ve spouted all season .

Anger is an energy : Grimes inspirational in tense win v Stoke on 15:01 - Apr 11 with 462 viewsReslovenSwan1

Anger is an energy : Grimes inspirational in tense win v Stoke on 14:05 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

Most if this season has been appalling.
It ain’t negative ,just fact. People are expecting dross and are staying away ,evidenced by last nights attendance .
One win does not change anything especially against what must be the worst side seen at the Stadium this year .
The Boro game and many others have been insulting and we’ve been offered the usual pitiful dross from Williams,Grimes and whoever else is wheeled out to pacify fans .
This season has been another lost cause and we are basically hanging on to our Champ status .
What the players can do is to win every game from now on and then they can justify the drivel they’ve spouted all season .

Martin had a strategy of possession domination " putting tiredness into the opposition legs" then pick them off late on. It worked well on rare occasions. The 0-4 away at Cardiff for example. The team in first half was not trying to score. It was trying to dominate possession demoralise and tire out opponents. The players after he left were playing the same way and appeared to be " going through the motions" .

Duff was in the main unable to change this after losing his two most penetrative player Manning and Piroe.

Williams left Swansea for philosophy reasons I suspect and will get better results if he can find some good forwards and more progressive midfielders.
[Post edited 11 Apr 15:05]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Anger is an energy : Grimes inspirational in tense win v Stoke on 16:03 - Apr 11 with 415 viewsKeithHaynes

Anger is an energy : Grimes inspirational in tense win v Stoke on 15:01 - Apr 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Martin had a strategy of possession domination " putting tiredness into the opposition legs" then pick them off late on. It worked well on rare occasions. The 0-4 away at Cardiff for example. The team in first half was not trying to score. It was trying to dominate possession demoralise and tire out opponents. The players after he left were playing the same way and appeared to be " going through the motions" .

Duff was in the main unable to change this after losing his two most penetrative player Manning and Piroe.

Williams left Swansea for philosophy reasons I suspect and will get better results if he can find some good forwards and more progressive midfielders.

He initially stated for family and location reasons.
I always thought Newport was a tough old journey.
Must have been hell.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Anger is an energy : Grimes inspirational in tense win v Stoke on 09:49 - Apr 12 with 274 viewsonehunglow

Anger is an energy : Grimes inspirational in tense win v Stoke on 15:01 - Apr 11 by ReslovenSwan1

I try to be philosophical but common sense gets in the way .
I’ve not seen philosophy as a reason for a coach leaving
Great read that

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024