Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have just witnessed a historical event. 20:00 - Dec 12 with 2343 viewslifelong

Having qualified for the last 32 in a European tournament for the first time in our 100 year history.

Let's all celebrate.
We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:02 - Dec 12 with 1963 viewsC_jack

Congratulations to ML and the team. Fantastic achievement.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:02 - Dec 12 with 1950 viewsJackanapes

humbug. We didnt qualify in the right way. Or something.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:04 - Dec 12 with 1924 viewsJackfath

well said friend

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:08 - Dec 12 with 1889 viewsraynor94

Don't' be silly Lifey, we should be embarrassed according to some!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:12 - Dec 12 with 1848 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Apparently two games in four days, a team full of injuries, travelling halfway across Europe, and playing on top of a mountain, in the fog and with a stadium full of drunk Heidis yodelling all night is a doddle
We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:15 - Dec 12 with 1835 viewsJJJack

Michael Laudrup has just apologised live on T.V. Laudrup, 49 said: "I'm sorry for tonight. Sorry we QUALIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:18 - Dec 12 with 1798 viewslifelong

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:08 - Dec 12 by raynor94

Don't' be silly Lifey, we should be embarrassed according to some!

Yes, I've seen those remarks and where I agree that it wasn't a great performance this evening I just feel that some of our fans really do expect too much.

This was always going to be a difficult game for us without it being the third game in the last 7 days. Although our manager will not say it there is no doubt that the disruption to the travel arrangements was bound to affect our performance this evening.

Onward to the last 32.
We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:29 - Dec 12 with 1732 viewsSpratty

Well said, brilliant, fantastic achievement.
Login to get fewer ads

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:33 - Dec 12 with 1704 viewscrackerjack

Who would have thought 10 years ago..... little old Swansea City...

* mid-table in the Premier league
* in the last 32 of a major European tournament
* A legend of world football as our Manager

If that's not cause to celebrate I don't know what is!

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:35 - Dec 12 with 1696 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

If someone had said at the start of the season that we'd qualify for the last 32 of the Europa League and be in 10th place in the Prem at the same time - after having Michu out for 5 weeks - It would be the stuff of dreams. And here we are! (demanding apologies from the club...)

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:40 - Dec 12 with 1655 views_

And this Is the only thread that should count tonight, so forget any other and add your endless list of adoration below please.

An absolutely amazing feat for our club.

Swansea City Football Club - One Love

FOR EVERYMAN A RELIGION

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:42 - Dec 12 with 1641 viewsexiledclaseboy

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:35 - Dec 12 by FearOfAJackPlanet

If someone had said at the start of the season that we'd qualify for the last 32 of the Europa League and be in 10th place in the Prem at the same time - after having Michu out for 5 weeks - It would be the stuff of dreams. And here we are! (demanding apologies from the club...)

Yeah but you're not allowed to talk about the start of the season or 10 years ago or nothing. It's where we are NOW that matters.

Oh. I see.

Poll: Tory leader

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:43 - Dec 12 with 1632 viewsJackFish

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:35 - Dec 12 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Exactly.

We've had loads of injuries recently as well, and haven't been playing particularly well, yet we've qualified from a pretty tough group and we're in the top half of the league, must be doing something right.
We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:52 - Dec 12 with 1571 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Kerching!

Just done a quick calc of the prize money we've won from getting this far, and it amounts to...

2.4 million Euros (inc the 200K we'll get as a minimum for being in the last 32).

....which is nice...

Enjoying the next level

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 21:16 - Dec 12 with 1456 viewsJackanapes

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:52 - Dec 12 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Kerching!

Just done a quick calc of the prize money we've won from getting this far, and it amounts to...

2.4 million Euros (inc the 200K we'll get as a minimum for being in the last 32).

....which is nice...

Maybe the club will give out free prozac for the rest of the season with the proceeds of this competition to balance out the torment its inflicting.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 21:19 - Dec 12 with 1449 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Think ML sums it up well:

"At the end the most important thing is that we are through,” said the Swansea manager.

“How much of an achievement is it for this club? It’s not me that you need to ask, but I hope it is huge for Swansea football club.

“We don’t know when Swansea will be in Europe again, and I think sometimes we don’t appreciate these things when they are happening. I think the same with the cup last year – maybe in three or four years, people will think back and be happy about what we have done."

Enjoying the next level

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 21:23 - Dec 12 with 1433 viewsexiledclaseboy

Aw bless him, Michael just mentioned Swansea City fans and "happy" in the same context. The poor, misguided fool.

Poll: Tory leader

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 21:23 - Dec 12 with 1430 viewslonglostjack

Brilliant achievement ! Let's enjoy the ride !!!!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 23:11 - Dec 12 with 1264 viewsSA1_Jack

Great thread.

Twitterland was in a bit of a meltdown tonight. Trouble is many seem to struggle to see the bigger picture of things.

Onwards to the next round! Well done Swansea City.
We have just witnessed a historical event. on 23:17 - Dec 12 with 1248 viewsWhiterockin

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 20:33 - Dec 12 by crackerjack

Who would have thought 10 years ago..... little old Swansea City...

* mid-table in the Premier league
* in the last 32 of a major European tournament
* A legend of world football as our Manager

If that's not cause to celebrate I don't know what is!

And we are playing shite. Imagine if we were playing well.
We have just witnessed a historical event. on 23:52 - Dec 12 with 1187 viewsSwansNZ

Good thread.

We are through to the last 32 of a major European competition. It does not really matter we lost tonight, we won enough points to progress — it’s a (mini) league, it does not matter who wins the last game or 2 games, just the points total.

Who knows what might happen. In the COC last season, we scraped though against Crawley and Boro, but who cares — we also had a great win away at Loserpool and beat the Champions of Europe over 2 legs, before a record win in the final.

Anything is possible from here — we’re in it to win it!!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 07:41 - Dec 13 with 1063 viewsStarsky

Well said Lifelong, well said.

It's just the internet, init.

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 09:10 - Dec 13 with 1001 viewsShaky

Yup, fantastic achievement but if events had unfolded differently in Valencia and Tremmel hadn't been on form things could very easily have turned pear shaped instead.

Hopefully we will be fielding full strength teams in the next rounds, however.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 10:40 - Dec 13 with 907 viewsmonmouth

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 09:10 - Dec 13 by Shaky

Yup, fantastic achievement but if events had unfolded differently in Valencia and Tremmel hadn't been on form things could very easily have turned pear shaped instead.

Hopefully we will be fielding full strength teams in the next rounds, however.

And the temperatures won't be below zero with freezing fog half way up a mountain after the best part of a day sitting around.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We have just witnessed a historical event. on 12:13 - Dec 13 with 858 viewsmacman

All winners need a little bit of luck. Italy went threw to the second round on three draws in the 1982 Worldcup - to end up winning.
Chelsea won the ChL with a luck stream equal to nothing I have ever seen.

I can understand the disspointment and frustration over the game, but when it is done you should be happy about the achievement.

There were many tactical and technical error last night, but you uhave to keep in mind:

a) it is not without reason people who have to get "on stage" night after night choose to dope themselves. 3 games in 7 days says it all - but you forget that when you watch the individual game.

b) the pitch was terrible. Same thing for both teams, yes, but there is a big difference between playing it for the first time (no training pass) and have it as your home ground. Very big diffrence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024