Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ki at Sunderland 09:52 - Apr 1 with 3239 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Just watching the re-run of Monday Night Football, and Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher assessed his performances this season. The said rightly that he's been the player with 'that' quality for Sunderland this year, and from his performances you have to agree. I know a lot of people are suggesting selling him to Sunderland, but with their hopes of staying in the prem sinking fast, I think he can come in and have a great impact with us next season. He's proven now that he can play at this level, and whether its Gary Monk or someone else in charge this summer, i think they can view his return as a boost for the team. He can play the 'Leon' role and the JJS role and has even scored a few good goals, why waste transfer funds on potentially getting someone else in who hasn't got the prem experience when we have someone already?
Ki at Sunderland on 09:57 - Apr 1 with 2787 viewsJackSomething

I think it all comes to do exactly what happened with him here. If it's only ML he pissed off, then I fully expect him to return this summer and be in contention for a place. If he's annoyed others/the club as a whole, then he'll be off.

I hope no fee/deal has been arranged with Sunderland though. I'd say he's done well enough there that we should be able to make a decent profit on him if he is sold.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ki at Sunderland on 10:15 - Apr 1 with 2719 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Slightly off topic but with the Sunderland theme, if Sunderland go down, wouldn't mind signing Adam Johnson
Ki at Sunderland on 10:30 - Apr 1 with 2665 viewsMattG

He certainly stands out in that Sunderland team but when your competition in the midfield includes the likes of Seb Larsson and Lee Cattermole, maybe that's not such high praise and I certainly don't think he can play the Leon role as well as either Leon himself or Canas.

That said, he could definitely do a job in a more advanced role - he always seems to have time on the ball and an eye for a pass. The problem then is that, if he does come back here, he'll be competing with (and probably behind) Michu, Shelvey, Pablo and hopefully JDG for, at most, two spots.

If we don't manage to keep hold of JDG then, assuming he wanted to say, I would keep Ki. If we can get JDG on a permanent deal then sell Ki and use the cash to buy JDG.
Ki at Sunderland on 10:36 - Apr 1 with 2645 viewsRancid

Will we be looking at another central midfielder then? I'd rather sell him for what we paid for him or more to whoever and re-inforce elsewhere.
Ki at Sunderland on 10:38 - Apr 1 with 2632 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Fair points i guess i could spin my point to the one that if the club aren't planning to keep hold of him then he's proved his worth for potential suitors and we could look to sell him at least for what we paid for him
Ki at Sunderland on 10:40 - Apr 1 with 2617 viewss1ackjack

Ki at Sunderland on 10:36 - Apr 1 by Rancid

Will we be looking at another central midfielder then? I'd rather sell him for what we paid for him or more to whoever and re-inforce elsewhere.

This.

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

Ki at Sunderland on 10:45 - Apr 1 with 2588 viewsairedale

Ki at Sunderland on 10:15 - Apr 1 by exiledinenglandjack

Slightly off topic but with the Sunderland theme, if Sunderland go down, wouldn't mind signing Adam Johnson

I don't think we could afford Johnson's wages.

And perhaps money for Ki will be used to pay ML off.
Ki at Sunderland on 10:56 - Apr 1 with 2546 viewsDarran

Ki is singlehandedly keeping Sunderland up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Ki at Sunderland on 11:31 - Apr 1 with 2447 viewsMrSwerve

Ki at Sunderland on 10:56 - Apr 1 by Darran

Ki-ping them up, some would say. I'll get me coat.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Ki at Sunderland on 11:39 - Apr 1 with 2401 viewsFar_Post

Competition for places in the Swans midfield is tough at the moment, especially when you consider Pablo Hernandez can also play in the Michu role. Shelvey and De Guzman can also play further forward if needed as well.

Defensive Midfielder: Britton / Canas
Neutral Midfielder: Shelvey / JDG
Attacking Midfielder: Michu / Pozuelo

If De Guzman doesn't sign permanently then its a no brainer to bring Ki back in. If we do sign JDG then it gives us options. I personally would like to have Ki as part of the squad as i do think he has quality but would he be happy being a benchwarmer for us?

Blog: The C Word

Ki at Sunderland on 11:51 - Apr 1 with 2354 viewstomdickharry

If Powell becomes available from Utd I would go for him,sell Ki and re sign De Guzman.
Ki at Sunderland on 12:22 - Apr 1 with 2271 viewsshandyjack

Sell Ki sign JDG permanently, really should be a no brainer

Poll: Expectation for the season

Ki at Sunderland on 13:37 - Apr 1 with 2063 viewsLeonisGod

Ki at Sunderland on 12:22 - Apr 1 by shandyjack

Sell Ki sign JDG permanently, really should be a no brainer

It all hinges on whether a deal can be done for JdG. With his recent performances his value is going up again. If we can't sort out JdG I'd be happy enough with Ki back here.
Ki at Sunderland on 13:42 - Apr 1 with 2042 viewsscottishjack

No offence but is there a bit of rose tinted specs going on here? Ki didn't impress me that much when he was here, whether it was our style of play or whatever, he really wasn't that good.
Ki at Sunderland on 14:03 - Apr 1 with 1990 viewsJokeren1943

He tend to slow our game down too much. Sell him for 5 million and buy Caulker instead (for 7-8 million)
Ki at Sunderland on 15:11 - Apr 1 with 1901 viewsicecoldjack

Ki at Sunderland on 10:56 - Apr 1 by Darran

They are second from bottom though arnt they ?
Ki at Sunderland on 15:14 - Apr 1 with 1890 viewsDarran

Ki at Sunderland on 15:11 - Apr 1 by icecoldjack

They are second from bottom though arnt they ?

Yes and if we stay up it'll be in spite of Garry and the players.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ki at Sunderland on 15:19 - Apr 1 with 1884 viewsicecoldjack

Ki at Sunderland on 13:42 - Apr 1 by scottishjack

No offence but is there a bit of rose tinted specs going on here? Ki didn't impress me that much when he was here, whether it was our style of play or whatever, he really wasn't that good.

Agree. He was a steady eddy type player for me ,did ok but nothing special. The problem Ki will have is finding a starting place at the Swans , he is gonna be 3rd or 4 th choice in his favoured position. Throw in the fact we have to gaurantee him at least 20 starts a season and our best move is to get rid.
Ki at Sunderland on 15:31 - Apr 1 with 1856 viewsFlashberryjack

Ki at Sunderland on 10:15 - Apr 1 by exiledinenglandjack

Agree...great on the ball, pace and scores goal, sticking point might be wages though
Would suit us definitely.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Ki at Sunderland on 19:49 - Apr 1 with 1663 viewsoldcob

Won't put his foot in.
Ki at Sunderland on 20:01 - Apr 1 with 1639 viewsDr_Winston

Ki at Sunderland on 13:42 - Apr 1 by scottishjack

What you have to understand is that for the majority of those bigging Ki up, his chief attribute is in not being Jonathan de Guzman.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ki at Sunderland on 20:02 - Apr 1 with 1637 viewsmarchamjack

Sell Ki and reinvest the money in someone better than him. Wasn't a player when with us that was one of our better players was he?

Let's be honest, most people on here only seemed to hancker after him at the point we had our injury crisis and wanted him recalled from his loan to plug the gap we had.

Never go back (Leon the exception, and he's certainly no Leon and never will be)

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Ki at Sunderland on 20:08 - Apr 1 with 1615 viewsBonjour

A few mentions of Canas to "play the Leon role."

He needs to seriously improve if that's to be the case.
Ki at Sunderland on 20:43 - Apr 1 with 1542 viewsDavillin

Nostalgia is the result of looking through rose-coloured glasses at fading mistaken memories. Davillin
[Post edited 1 Apr 2014 20:47]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Ki at Sunderland on 20:56 - Apr 1 with 1506 viewsSwansNZ

If we get Ki back, we will get kiisgod back - therefore, we must sell Ki.

As others have said, if we call sell Ki and use the money to buy JDG, then that would be best all round.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024