Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players 13:47 - Jan 9 with 3200 viewsBobJack

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-likely-spend-Wilfried-Bony-

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 14:01 - Jan 9 with 2415 viewsFlashberryjack

I hope infrastructure isn't a posh word for dividends

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 14:31 - Jan 9 with 2314 viewstomdickharry

Crazy if true.
Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 14:34 - Jan 9 with 2292 viewsmacthejack

If it pays for the first phase of the stadium expansion then crack on I say.
Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 14:42 - Jan 9 with 2231 viewsStarsky

The guy who left the 2 comments on the EP website is quite hysterical... And wrong.

It's just the internet, init.

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 14:51 - Jan 9 with 2195 viewsSkipTheJack

Clearly if we lose Bony and Gomis then we'd need to sign another quality striker in this window, and probably spend at least £8 on him.

But if only one of them goes then we should be fine until the summer, and spending the majority of the Bony cash on infrastructure is the sensible thing to do. The club will benefit from this investment for many years to come.
Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 14:51 - Jan 9 with 2186 viewsperchrockjack

Whatever Monk and Jenks decide will be wrong for some

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 14:56 - Jan 9 with 2169 viewslonglostjack

Perfectly sensible statement from Monk IMO. It wouldn't be very clever to tell the rest of the footballing world that we've now got loads of money and intend to spend it all on players would it ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 15:00 - Jan 9 with 2148 viewsSkewenJack

If this ends the need to flog to the yanks, then its a no brainer.
Login to get fewer ads

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 15:10 - Jan 9 with 2091 viewsBobJack

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 15:00 - Jan 9 by SkewenJack

If this ends the need to flog to the yanks, then its a no brainer.

I can't see how this will stop sale to the yanks.

That seems just to be mainly due to some directors wanting to cash out , while ahead. Just selling their shares.

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 15:18 - Jan 9 with 2037 viewsSkewenJack

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 15:10 - Jan 9 by BobJack

I can't see how this will stop sale to the yanks.

That seems just to be mainly due to some directors wanting to cash out , while ahead. Just selling their shares.

Well what we have been told is the club needs investment to compete which is the reason for the share sale. Presumably it is attached to a competitive rate for a loan.

If we came up with that money ourselves then there is no need. However if that is not the reason, then the directors wanting out will have to stop hiding behind the investment line and now say "I just want to cash out"
Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 15:18 - Jan 9 with 2038 viewsBloodyhills

So have we finally sold him? I thought they were till quibbling over the 30 million fee!

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 15:18 - Jan 9 with 2032 viewspencoedjack

Will it be called the Wilfred Bony stand
Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 15:31 - Jan 9 with 1964 viewsLeonisGod

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 15:18 - Jan 9 by Bloodyhills

So have we finally sold him? I thought they were till quibbling over the 30 million fee!

They are. But when he is sold, the money will be going on things other than players. Given where we are as a club behind the scenes (and our way of recruiting players) this shouldn't be a big surprise. Anyone who thinks we'll be spending even a large chunk of the Wilf money on players is going to be disappointed.

I'd assumed the stadium expansion would take up the bulk of the money, but the Evening Post are reporting Monk talking about the training ground. Is this just to deflect attention from the ground for some reason? He does go on to drop in towards the end of the article a comment along the lines of "and then of course there is the ground expansion". Is this just a ruse because they still want to use the ground as an excuse for attracting further investment? Or is there some reason fans would be happier being told the training ground will be improved over the ground? Or maybe they are spending the money on the training facilities and they'll be getting solid platinum taps in the showers. Feck knows.
Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 15:53 - Jan 9 with 1890 viewstomdickharry

Tell me, how can we spend any money on Stadium Expansion when we haven't full planning permission,this has been stated many many times before,NO PLANNING NO EXPANSION.
Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:00 - Jan 9 with 1862 viewsBobJack

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 15:53 - Jan 9 by tomdickharry

Tell me, how can we spend any money on Stadium Expansion when we haven't full planning permission,this has been stated many many times before,NO PLANNING NO EXPANSION.

Also, until we own stadium, why extend ?

I never expected the potential 30 million to all go on players, but know a few that do.

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:01 - Jan 9 with 1851 viewsbluenile

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 14:51 - Jan 9 by SkipTheJack

Clearly if we lose Bony and Gomis then we'd need to sign another quality striker in this window, and probably spend at least £8 on him.

But if only one of them goes then we should be fine until the summer, and spending the majority of the Bony cash on infrastructure is the sensible thing to do. The club will benefit from this investment for many years to come.

£8!!................................They selling footballers in Poundland now? Or maybe Buyology?..................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:03 - Jan 9 with 1845 viewsTom1912

We have already replaced him. The squad just needs a bit of depth at the full back position for now. Anything else can wait until the summer. I have no problem with the majority of the money being put towards the infrastructure. If Bony’s transfer means we can get the stadium to 28k and finish off all the training and youth facilities to the standard we need, I’d be delighted.
Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:03 - Jan 9 with 1842 viewsSkewenJack

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:00 - Jan 9 by BobJack

Also, until we own stadium, why extend ?

I never expected the potential 30 million to all go on players, but know a few that do.

to sell more tickets presumably.

an extra 7500 ST sales for the net 10 years equates to about £35m.
Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:08 - Jan 9 with 1813 viewshammy

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 15:18 - Jan 9 by pencoedjack

Will it be called the Wilfred Bony stand

The Bony Extension, surely 😄

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:11 - Jan 9 with 1801 viewsUxbridge

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 15:53 - Jan 9 by tomdickharry

Yes. Because the money will cease to exist in the time it takes to finalise planning permission.

If the money is used to finish off the training facilities and extend the East Stand then I for one will be utterly delighted. That's legacy right there kids.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:24 - Jan 9 with 1761 viewsjackonicko

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:11 - Jan 9 by Uxbridge

Yes. Because the money will cease to exist in the time it takes to finalise planning permission.

If the money is used to finish off the training facilities and extend the East Stand then I for one will be utterly delighted. That's legacy right there kids.

This.

I get a warm glow every time I walk past Landore on the way to a game at the Lib.
Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:26 - Jan 9 with 1748 viewsUxbridge

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:24 - Jan 9 by jackonicko

This.

I get a warm glow every time I walk past Landore on the way to a game at the Lib.

I walk past it every lunchtime. It's amazing to see what has been achieved there, and it's pretty small fry compared to Fairwood. And now there's Cwmdu centre as well. This for me is the great thing about our Premier League tenure.

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:28 - Jan 9 with 1738 viewsmonmouth

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:11 - Jan 9 by Uxbridge

To do that and remain debt free would be a phenomenal - no, even more phenomenal - achievement

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:44 - Jan 9 with 1673 viewsUxbridge

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 16:28 - Jan 9 by monmouth

To do that and remain debt free would be a phenomenal - no, even more phenomenal - achievement

Indeed it would. Or we could spunk it on a couple of players. It's a toughie.

Bony cash going on infrastructure not new players on 17:19 - Jan 9 with 1580 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Why would you want to spend that sort of money on a stadium you don't even own?
As Swansea Council is selling off everything they can, like the leasure centre and Singleton park etc buying the Stadium would make more sense, or even building a new one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024