Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? 19:16 - Apr 29 with 906 viewsDavillin

Well, to a puppy, Happiness is a warm human.

And here's the only photo I have of the puppy that inspired that line: "Bise"on our first day together in Nice, France, in 1986. She looks cute as a button, and to me she was, but with everyone else, she was "Bitchy Bise."

[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 19:24]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 19:24 - Apr 29 with 901 viewsexiledclaseboy

Not just a puppy either. Had to kick mine off my feet while he was fast asleep three times last night.

Poll: Tory leader

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 19:29 - Apr 29 with 890 viewsDarran

That's that fella from Allo Allo mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

You know the 'Peanuts on 19:35 - Apr 29 with 881 viewsDavillin

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 19:24 - Apr 29 by exiledclaseboy

Not just a puppy either. Had to kick mine off my feet while he was fast asleep three times last night.

That really touches home with me.

The evening after that photo was taken, I put her in the little dog carrier that I had intended to use on the flight to the States, set it on the floor of my hotel room, and told her that I was sorry, but I couldn't let her pee on the hotel floor.

About a minute after I had tucked in, she started crying and wouldn't stop until I put the carrier on the bed with me. Later, in the middle of the night, I dreamed that someone was chocking me. When it woke me up, I found that Bise had somehow wriggled out of the small opening and, still attached to the carrier by the 6" leash, had pulled it over to lie with her neck across my neck. She was fast asleep.

That's where she slept every night of her long life [unless I had another bed partner].

I decided that after we had bonded for a day, I had replaced her mother and litter-mates and their nightly entanglement, and she was comforted by my warmth and the sound and feeling of my pulse and breathing. No dog every wormed its way into my heart like she did that night.

When I told my daughter that story was when I came up with the line in the O.P.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 19:56]

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 19:41 - Apr 29 with 869 viewsexiledclaseboy

You know the 'Peanuts on 19:35 - Apr 29 by Davillin

That really touches home with me.

The evening after that photo was taken, I put her in the little dog carrier that I had intended to use on the flight to the States, set it on the floor of my hotel room, and told her that I was sorry, but I couldn't let her pee on the hotel floor.

About a minute after I had tucked in, she started crying and wouldn't stop until I put the carrier on the bed with me. Later, in the middle of the night, I dreamed that someone was chocking me. When it woke me up, I found that Bise had somehow wriggled out of the small opening and, still attached to the carrier by the 6" leash, had pulled it over to lie with her neck across my neck. She was fast asleep.

That's where she slept every night of her long life [unless I had another bed partner].

I decided that after we had bonded for a day, I had replaced her mother and litter-mates and their nightly entanglement, and she was comforted by my warmth and the sound and feeling of my pulse and breathing. No dog every wormed its way into my heart like she did that night.

When I told my daughter that story was when I came up with the line in the O.P.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 19:56]

Mine sleeps in his own bed most nights but semi-regularly I'll wake up in the middle of the night to find him on the bottom of our bed, snoring contentedly.

Poll: Tory leader

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 19:44 - Apr 29 with 848 viewspansypants

Dav did you work as a train driver? Cos they want their hat bag.

Nice beagle by the way.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 11:31 - Apr 30 with 812 viewsCatullus

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 19:44 - Apr 29 by pansypants

Dav did you work as a train driver? Cos they want their hat bag.

Nice beagle by the way.

And stories like this are why I'm sure I'd like you Dav.

Our current dog ( a cross Spaniel/Labrador) loves nothing more than to curl up on the sofa between us. And given the chance he'd be on our bed laying between our feet too.
Every night we have the same routine, I take him for his last walk before bed, we go upstairs together and he goes into our son's room to check on him. Then Albie sits outside the bathroom while we do our ablutions. He follows me into the bedroom and sits by my side of the bed for his goodnight fuss, lays down and doesn't move until the alarm goes off.

I can't imagine not having a dog, life is emptier and less fun without one.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 11:41 - Apr 30 with 803 viewsLord_Bony

Seriously,I would love to have a dog.

But I have a big problem with allergy from the hair...plus the thought of walking it twice a day and picking up crap put s me off the idea sometimes...

But good luck to those who love theirs...many lives are comforted by one the world over.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 12:30 - Apr 30 with 767 viewsllangyfelach

The best listeners you could ever need and the best friends in the world. I would love to give a puppy a good home, sadly working hours dictate that it would be cruel to leave a dog locked up for 10 hours a day whilst I'm in work, which is why I love looking after my brothers two so much whenever I get the opportunity.

This time next year when I'm a millionaire, eh?

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Login to get fewer ads

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 13:21 - Apr 30 with 738 viewspansypants

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 12:30 - Apr 30 by llangyfelach

The best listeners you could ever need and the best friends in the world. I would love to give a puppy a good home, sadly working hours dictate that it would be cruel to leave a dog locked up for 10 hours a day whilst I'm in work, which is why I love looking after my brothers two so much whenever I get the opportunity.

Any dog you own would probably end up "Meowing" you lunatic!!!

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 13:43 - Apr 30 with 732 viewsllangyfelach

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 13:21 - Apr 30 by pansypants

Any dog you own would probably end up "Meowing" you lunatic!!!

And therein lies the challenge...

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 13:44 - Apr 30 with 722 viewspansypants

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 19:29 - Apr 29 by Darran

That's that fella from Allo Allo mun.

Peter Sellars!!

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 14:46 - Apr 30 with 708 viewsDavillin

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 11:31 - Apr 30 by Catullus

And stories like this are why I'm sure I'd like you Dav.

Our current dog ( a cross Spaniel/Labrador) loves nothing more than to curl up on the sofa between us. And given the chance he'd be on our bed laying between our feet too.
Every night we have the same routine, I take him for his last walk before bed, we go upstairs together and he goes into our son's room to check on him. Then Albie sits outside the bathroom while we do our ablutions. He follows me into the bedroom and sits by my side of the bed for his goodnight fuss, lays down and doesn't move until the alarm goes off.

I can't imagine not having a dog, life is emptier and less fun without one.

Between your experience, mine, and ECB's, I'm now convinced that it's in dogs' DNA.

Seriously, my two dogs [both Brittany rescues] have each its own bedtime routine, both revolving around the "goodnight fuss" as you call it. I always tell each of them either that they made me happy today, or that I love them, and then I always tell Murphy that he's "my best boy" and Dixie that she's "my best girl." Can't discriminate, of course.

p.s. I had good news just within the last hour. Dixie, whom I had been "fostering," was just made my permanent charge. I haven't told her yet, but I know she'll be unimpressed. Expecting it, probably.

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 14:49 - Apr 30 with 707 viewsDavillin

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 12:30 - Apr 30 by llangyfelach

Sharing your time with your brother's two dogs is the best you can do for now, and I admire you for doing it. And it's equally as good for you as it is to them.

Thanks for that.

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 15:04 - Apr 30 with 701 viewsllangyfelach

You know the 'Peanuts" line about happiness being a warm puppy? on 14:49 - Apr 30 by Davillin

Sharing your time with your brother's two dogs is the best you can do for now, and I admire you for doing it. And it's equally as good for you as it is to them.

Thanks for that.

Cheers T

I'm a huge believer that dogs should be given as much time and attention as possible. Too many people will buy a pup and within weeks are looking to sell or get rid because they didn't realise how much time, effort and patience is required in raising a pup. My brother is very fortunate in that he works shifts, my sister in law works regular hours and my niece works part time. So more often than not their two are not left alone for more than a couple of hours at a time, max.

I leave for work at 7am and don't get home much before 6pm each evening, way too long a period for a dog to be left alone. I don't have a large garden, but don't like the idea of a dog left outside anyway. Any dog we've owned over the years is part of the family and lives in the house with us, not an accessory kept outside for our enjoyment as and when.

You know the 'Peanuts on 15:48 - Apr 30 with 687 viewsscottishjack

I grew up with a great little Jack Russell and at around 10 years old experienced saying goodbye to my best friend! A few years later I arrived home with a little mongrel pup, convinced my parents that she could stay and found myself with a new best friend called Trixie...age caught up with her in the end and for me, that was that, never again etc.

About 18 months ago due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to look after my boy and his Staffie for 6 months, getting used to having him around the place, the long walks and the company made it really hard work when it was time for him to go home so I bit the bullet and took on an unwanted pup...

I now have a new buddy called Jack, as daft as a brush...but I couldn't imagine being without him!

You know the 'Peanuts on 18:40 - Apr 30 with 649 viewspansypants

You know the 'Peanuts on 15:48 - Apr 30 by scottishjack

I grew up with a great little Jack Russell and at around 10 years old experienced saying goodbye to my best friend! A few years later I arrived home with a little mongrel pup, convinced my parents that she could stay and found myself with a new best friend called Trixie...age caught up with her in the end and for me, that was that, never again etc.

About 18 months ago due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to look after my boy and his Staffie for 6 months, getting used to having him around the place, the long walks and the company made it really hard work when it was time for him to go home so I bit the bullet and took on an unwanted pup...

I now have a new buddy called Jack, as daft as a brush...but I couldn't imagine being without him!

Lovely looking dog, ill pop in for a pint soon to meet him

You know the 'Peanuts on 22:00 - Apr 30 with 624 viewsswansRus

we lost our dog last summer after 12 years - and we thought never again - 3 months and a visit to the Dog's Trust later and an empty space was filled (in a a different way) with a collie cross with St bernard pup - now 8 months old the little sh8t woke me at 5 this morning with a paw in my eyeball - ouch...

here she is in Clyne Country park after she found a balloon released from a school in France

[Post edited 30 Apr 2014 22:03]
You know the 'Peanuts on 22:32 - Apr 30 with 603 viewsDavillin

Admit it, scottishjack. You're just as addicted as the rest of us dog-lovers.

You know the 'Peanuts on 22:48 - Apr 30 with 591 viewstf_jack

What pub is that ?

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

You know the 'Peanuts on 22:51 - Apr 30 with 589 viewsDarran

You know the 'Peanuts on 22:48 - Apr 30 by tf_jack

What pub is that ?

Blimey G where've ew been?

It's The Cricketers.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

You know the 'Peanuts on 00:46 - May 1 with 571 viewsscottishjack

You know the 'Peanuts on 22:51 - Apr 30 by Darran

Blimey G where've ew been?

It's The Cricketers.

You know the 'Peanuts on 00:48 - May 1 with 570 viewsscottishjack

You know the 'Peanuts on 22:32 - Apr 30 by Davillin

Admit it, scottishjack. You're just as addicted as the rest of us dog-lovers.

Yep, I can't deny it... No sense of companionship like it.
You know the 'Peanuts on 04:57 - May 2 with 504 viewsCatullus

I'll have to pop in for a pint one day SJ. My dad lives over your way, haven't been in the Cricks for years.
Last time I was there my feet stuck to the carpet, had to literally peel them off!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024