Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The private estate by the stadium where fans park 18:00 - May 7 with 7015 viewsjamiewillzjack

I've been parking in the private housing estate that is just off the roundabout by the indoor tennis courts near the stadium, apparently all signs state that you aren't allowed to use this estate if you are not a resident but when I've been parking there everyone seems to be using it for match day, anyway I've been issued parking tickets by millenium parking services telling me I must pay an outstanding fee for parking there which they call an offence, wasn't restricting any public paths and was not on double yellows, people have been telling me not to pay it because simply you don't have to? Any advice?
The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:03 - May 7 with 2337 viewsDarran

Yeah don't pay it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:04 - May 7 with 2336 viewsjamiewillzjack

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:03 - May 7 by Darran

Yeah don't pay it.

Have you had a ticket before or?
The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:04 - May 7 with 2336 viewsreddythered

Private land, signs give you no permission to park there. Sating others do it isn't a good defence tbh.

You can appeal but I'd doubt you'd win personally.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:16 - May 7 with 2288 viewsNeath_Jack

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:04 - May 7 by reddythered

Private land, signs give you no permission to park there. Sating others do it isn't a good defence tbh.

Or he can just ignore the letters and nothing will happen. It's an invoice, not a fine.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:19 - May 7 with 2275 viewsjamiewillzjack

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:16 - May 7 by Neath_Jack

Or he can just ignore the letters and nothing will happen. It's an invoice, not a fine.

That's what I'm gonna do
The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:25 - May 7 with 2262 viewsexiledclaseboy

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:04 - May 7 by reddythered

Or he can just ignore it and see if the landowners take him to court. Which they won't.

It's not a fine, don't pay it. If it gets to court I'll eat my hat.

Poll: Tory leader

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:31 - May 7 with 2240 viewsNeath_Jack

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:19 - May 7 by jamiewillzjack

That's what I'm gonna do

I've had 3 separate tickets from B & Q in the last 18 months alone. The letters they send get more and more threatening, saying they're passing it on to debt collectors or their solicitors etc etc. They get fed up in the end and go away.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:36 - May 7 with 2224 viewsreddythered

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:31 - May 7 by Neath_Jack

I've had 3 separate tickets from B & Q in the last 18 months alone. The letters they send get more and more threatening, saying they're passing it on to debt collectors or their solicitors etc etc. They get fed up in the end and go away.

Car parks would be slightly different case though - there's a contract there. Legally may be able to avoid it... morally no leg to stand on. You're explicitly told you've no right to be there, chose to do whatever you wanted.

From what mates caught by tickets have said, it's definitely the case the companies are getting more hardball about it.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Login to get fewer ads

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:40 - May 7 with 2211 viewsexiledclaseboy

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:36 - May 7 by reddythered

Car parks would be slightly different case though - there's a contract there. Legally may be able to avoid it... morally no leg to stand on. You're explicitly told you've no right to be there, chose to do whatever you wanted.

From what mates caught by tickets have said, it's definitely the case the companies are getting more hardball about it.

If it was a local authority issued ticket I'd agree with you. But this seems to be a private company "policing" (for want of a better word) parking on private land, just not an actual car park. The principle is exactly the same. There are a few more of these things going to court but not a significant amount. The companies concerned have been forced to clean up their acts quite considerably in recent times.

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:41 - May 7 with 2202 viewsJackfath

I didn't realise that was a "private estate".

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:58 - May 7 with 2164 viewsmax936

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:40 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

If it was a local authority issued ticket I'd agree with you. But this seems to be a private company "policing" (for want of a better word) parking on private land, just not an actual car park. The principle is exactly the same. There are a few more of these things going to court but not a significant amount. The companies concerned have been forced to clean up their acts quite considerably in recent times.

Have you watched that Parking programme on BBC 1 on at 9pm on Thursdays, where Councils seemingly sell the debt they're owed to a debt company who then have a legal right to use the Police to even confiscate peoples cars/ possessions, its legalised robbery, a 60 quid ticket ends up costing anything for a couple of 100 quid to a grand or more, how the fuk do they get away with that, ffs.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 19:01 - May 7 with 2155 viewsexiledclaseboy

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 18:58 - May 7 by max936

Have you watched that Parking programme on BBC 1 on at 9pm on Thursdays, where Councils seemingly sell the debt they're owed to a debt company who then have a legal right to use the Police to even confiscate peoples cars/ possessions, its legalised robbery, a 60 quid ticket ends up costing anything for a couple of 100 quid to a grand or more, how the fuk do they get away with that, ffs.

Don't f*ck about with local authority issued tickets is the moral here. They only get passed to debt collectors when you've had at least three contacts from the council asking you to pay. I f*cking hate that blonde bint of a bailiff on that programme. Witch.

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 19:07 - May 7 with 2135 viewsImAlrightJack

It's not a fine, just dressed up as one and is typical scaremongering tactics. I've had them from Parking Eye for parking in Morrisons when I was not a customer, but ignored them and the reminders. Three years on, nothing has been said on the issue.
The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 19:29 - May 7 with 2106 viewsPacemaker

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 19:33 - May 7 with 2097 viewsItchySphincter

Nonsense, nothing to appeal.

In the wrong though, shouldn't park on other people's private property imo.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 19:33 - May 7 with 2092 viewsjamiewillzjack

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 19:07 - May 7 by ImAlrightJack

It's not a fine, just dressed up as one and is typical scaremongering tactics. I've had them from Parking Eye for parking in Morrisons when I was not a customer, but ignored them and the reminders. Three years on, nothing has been said on the issue.

Yeah this is what I've been getting, if it was off the council then I would pay straight up but I feel this is a con just trying to get money out of people's pockets
The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 19:37 - May 7 with 2081 viewsjamiewillzjack

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 19:29 - May 7 by Pacemaker

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

This solves everything, cheers
The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 19:54 - May 7 with 2038 viewsreddythered

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 19:33 - May 7 by ItchySphincter

Nonsense, nothing to appeal.

In the wrong though, shouldn't park on other people's private property imo.

Private car parks are one thing, ie ones in retail parks. There's an implicit contract, tickets handed out for breaching the terms of the contract.

In this case, there's no implicit contract because parking is prohibited on the private estate. Would be interesting to see any legal precedents over this kind of situation tbh.

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 19:55 - May 7 with 2032 viewsJackfath

Is it a private estate?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 19:59 - May 7 with 2027 viewsexiledclaseboy

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 19:54 - May 7 by reddythered

Private car parks are one thing, ie ones in retail parks. There's an implicit contract, tickets handed out for breaching the terms of the contract.

In this case, there's no implicit contract because parking is prohibited on the private estate. Would be interesting to see any legal precedents over this kind of situation tbh.

The principle is exactly the same.

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 20:01 - May 7 with 2016 viewsreddythered

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 19:59 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

The principle is exactly the same.

Is it though?

The point of not paying etc is generally bound around the unfair contract terms. There's no contract nor a possible contract in this case...

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 20:05 - May 7 with 2007 viewsexiledclaseboy

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 20:01 - May 7 by reddythered

Is it though?

The point of not paying etc is generally bound around the unfair contract terms. There's no contract nor a possible contract in this case...

The "contract" (such as it is) with the private parking companies is based in the main on the terms and conditions on the signs in and around the car park or area of land they're managing. In a car park it's usually something like "You can park here for up to two hours, after that you'll get a parking charge notice". I haven't seen the estate in question but it seems like the "contract" in this case is nothing more than "you can't park here".

So the principle is identical.

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 20:06 - May 7 with 2005 viewsjeza739

So if its a private estate the local auth haven't adopted it as part of the highway. Interesting to see what happens if street lights etc need maintenance. It may be still classed as private coz Barretts are still building there and Swansea council have not taken over responsibility for it.
When they do (if haven't already) you can park there dim problem.

Check with council highways dept they will be able to state whether they have adopted is taken over responsibility yet
The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 20:08 - May 7 with 1994 viewsJackfath

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 20:06 - May 7 by jeza739

So if its a private estate the local auth haven't adopted it as part of the highway. Interesting to see what happens if street lights etc need maintenance. It may be still classed as private coz Barretts are still building there and Swansea council have not taken over responsibility for it.

Check with council highways dept they will be able to state whether they have adopted is taken over responsibility yet

Which is why I questioned if it's a private estate.

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 20:08 - May 7 with 1995 viewsexiledclaseboy

The private estate by the stadium where fans park on 20:06 - May 7 by jeza739

If the council had already adopted the land there wouldn't be a private parking firm handing out tickets for illegal parking. The council would be doing it themselves.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024