Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
little spats 07:11 - Jul 2 with 5238 viewsowainglyndwr

Has anyone heard of some players not liking Ash being cocky and a bit of a bully with players one of which was Ben.
little spats on 08:42 - Jul 2 with 3917 viewsicecoldjack

Yes, i heard ash is bit of a Berty big bollocks around the club with ego to match and bends the chairmans ear quite often.
Not sure about him and ben though,it could be dressing room banter etc,etc.

The flip side is that all players have a bit of ego in them,they would'nt have Made it without that .
little spats on 10:15 - Jul 2 with 3736 viewsJethroJack

Billy Big Bollox or not, Ash helped Ben a lot in his early Swans first team days and with Wales. So, I imagine Ben would be grateful for the on-field mentoring. Off the field, its anybody's guess
little spats on 10:37 - Jul 2 with 3663 viewsicecoldjack

Yes but surely that is what a captain is expected to do ? Part of his job od have thought ?
little spats on 10:47 - Jul 2 with 3632 viewspremierjack

I'm not sure why ash gets such a hard time off some fans, hes the captain of the team and expects high standards off every body on the field... Including himself! If I was a player and wasn't pulling my weight, I would find it strange if my captain wasn't bending my ear!!
little spats on 11:01 - Jul 2 with 3568 viewsscottishjack

little spats on 10:47 - Jul 2 by premierjack

I'm not sure why ash gets such a hard time off some fans, hes the captain of the team and expects high standards off every body on the field... Including himself! If I was a player and wasn't pulling my weight, I would find it strange if my captain wasn't bending my ear!!

At a guess, it's probably because the media ran a few stories linking Ash to different clubs. To make matters worse, Ash didn't drop everything and cancel his holidays so that he could come straight back, stand on the ramparts of whats left of Swansea castle (in his full kit, waving a Jack Army flag) and declare his unswerving love for our club.

So in true Swans fans style, he is now a money grabbing mercenary to some of the more tender souls who have been following us for the last 5 minutes.
little spats on 12:20 - Jul 2 with 3459 viewsJethroJack

little spats on 11:01 - Jul 2 by scottishjack

At a guess, it's probably because the media ran a few stories linking Ash to different clubs. To make matters worse, Ash didn't drop everything and cancel his holidays so that he could come straight back, stand on the ramparts of whats left of Swansea castle (in his full kit, waving a Jack Army flag) and declare his unswerving love for our club.

So in true Swans fans style, he is now a money grabbing mercenary to some of the more tender souls who have been following us for the last 5 minutes.

Spot on.
little spats on 13:15 - Jul 2 with 3301 viewscyril

I have it on very good authority, that the said player thinks his excrement is chocolate flavoured, rather large head too, personally out with old and in with the new I say

The devil is in the detail

little spats on 14:20 - Jul 2 with 3168 viewsicecoldjack

little spats on 10:47 - Jul 2 by premierjack

Nothing wrong with expecting high standards , but the thread was about him bullying or belittling others,something that a captain should never do.

Anyway, ive never heard about him doing that so the argument stops There for me.

Ive never personally thought ash a great captain myself,just my opinion. Monk was tremendous at it though,knew when to bollocks players and when support and encourage them.

The key is knowing who responds to harsh words and who does'nt ,monk was superb at this.

Not everyone can take a bollocking in the same way, just because somebody shouts the odds dont mean they will get the desired effect , they can lose respect of players by doing it and erode what might be an already fragile confidence.

Some of the best motivators Arnt shouters, brenden and martinez were very good at this also, its better to build people up than knock them down, reserving the bollocking for when its really needed!

Just my opinion of course ;)
Login to get fewer ads

little spats on 14:35 - Jul 2 with 3142 viewsBrynmill_Jack

little spats on 14:20 - Jul 2 by icecoldjack

Nothing wrong with expecting high standards , but the thread was about him bullying or belittling others,something that a captain should never do.

Anyway, ive never heard about him doing that so the argument stops There for me.

Ive never personally thought ash a great captain myself,just my opinion. Monk was tremendous at it though,knew when to bollocks players and when support and encourage them.

The key is knowing who responds to harsh words and who does'nt ,monk was superb at this.

Not everyone can take a bollocking in the same way, just because somebody shouts the odds dont mean they will get the desired effect , they can lose respect of players by doing it and erode what might be an already fragile confidence.

Some of the best motivators Arnt shouters, brenden and martinez were very good at this also, its better to build people up than knock them down, reserving the bollocking for when its really needed!

Just my opinion of course ;)

He did it in front of thousands to Vasquez and Pozuelo, away at Napoli once for definite. Made himself look a right ........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

little spats on 14:52 - Jul 2 with 3101 viewsicecoldjack

little spats on 14:35 - Jul 2 by Brynmill_Jack

He did it in front of thousands to Vasquez and Pozuelo, away at Napoli once for definite. Made himself look a right ........

Yes i seem to remember that .

Monk was top class as a captain in that respect, some of the best captains Are humble and that then pays off when they have a howler, difference with ash is that he has a fair number of howlers but perhaps expects none from others , it dont really work that way and can erode respect for his authority.

Overall je does a decent job though.
little spats on 15:01 - Jul 2 with 3072 viewsDavillin

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

little spats on 21:20 - Jul 2 with 2693 viewsItchySphincter

Ash is alright but he's a bit thick.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

little spats on 22:32 - Jul 2 with 2549 viewsNewhousemustscore

little spats on 14:35 - Jul 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Did he really make himself look a right...? From where I was sitting he was having a pop at 2 players who have never pulled their weight whilst wearing the white shirt. He also had a go at a few players in the first half at Birmingham away in the fa cup. Again, it was deserved. Have none of you ever played local league football - people shout at each other all the time.
little spats on 10:50 - Jul 3 with 2325 viewsBrynmill_Jack

little spats on 22:32 - Jul 2 by Newhousemustscore

Did he really make himself look a right...? From where I was sitting he was having a pop at 2 players who have never pulled their weight whilst wearing the white shirt. He also had a go at a few players in the first half at Birmingham away in the fa cup. Again, it was deserved. Have none of you ever played local league football - people shout at each other all the time.

Yes. But it's not local league football is it. I mean when our team plays on the Sunday lunchtime slot you don't see Routs and Shelvey throwing up on the touchline do you?
Ash wants to wind his neck in and get his own act together before yelling at young kids who have only just come on the pitch as subs.

little spats on 11:04 - Jul 3 with 2301 viewsicecoldjack

little spats on 22:32 - Jul 2 by Newhousemustscore

Yes but we aint talking park football,where shouting and intimidation Are the main ingredients, we Are talking pro level where you need to use a bit of brain to Get an extra 5% out of someone.

Ash sometimes tends to dim other peoples candles to make his own burn brighter .

Monk as a captain was a shrewd fella, used his brain as well as his brawn, you gain more respect from fellow pros that way,as ash would know as he was sulking for brendens touchy feely face stroking and family talk Long after he went .

Top level football is about the detail isnt it ? Knowing who responds to s bollocking and who doesnt is key.
little spats on 11:39 - Jul 3 with 2265 viewsBrynmill_Jack

little spats on 11:04 - Jul 3 by icecoldjack

Yes but we aint talking park football,where shouting and intimidation Are the main ingredients, we Are talking pro level where you need to use a bit of brain to Get an extra 5% out of someone.

Ash sometimes tends to dim other peoples candles to make his own burn brighter .

Monk as a captain was a shrewd fella, used his brain as well as his brawn, you gain more respect from fellow pros that way,as ash would know as he was sulking for brendens touchy feely face stroking and family talk Long after he went .

Top level football is about the detail isnt it ? Knowing who responds to s bollocking and who doesnt is key.

Spot on

little spats on 11:45 - Jul 3 with 2253 viewsDarran

One of the best players ever to play for us and all some people do is slag him off,strange one,well to me it is.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

little spats on 13:12 - Jul 3 with 2137 viewsicecoldjack

little spats on 11:45 - Jul 3 by Darran

One of the best players ever to play for us and all some people do is slag him off,strange one,well to me it is.

How is it slagging him off ?

Every player has his shortcomings ,just because they are being debated does'nt mean he is being slagged off !!

Get a grip you over sensitive girls blouse !

PS

Any news on that bollocks you posted the other day about some "coup" signing that wasnt Black but was having a medical at Morriston Hospital?

Nope ? thought not . Telling yet more lies i see .
little spats on 13:15 - Jul 3 with 2120 viewsicecoldjack

Michu is also one of the best to play for us ,didnt stop you from slagging him off the other day ...

Double standards there Darran .

"michu can go and fook himself" etc .
little spats on 13:17 - Jul 3 with 2112 viewsDarran

little spats on 13:15 - Jul 3 by icecoldjack

Michu is also one of the best to play for us ,didnt stop you from slagging him off the other day ...

Double standards there Darran .

"michu can go and fook himself" etc .

That's not slagging him off that goes for everyone,if they don't want to play for my club they can f*ck off though as of today there's no proof of him or Ash.

little spats on 13:28 - Jul 3 with 2073 viewsicecoldjack

But you never wish to wonder WHY he doesn't want to play for our club ?

Sae as im not not slagging off Ash Williams, doesn;t stop you casting aspersions though does it ?

You need to get it into your head that i neither love or hate any Swans player , they come and go and while i love what they bring i also dont mind debating the other aspects of them .

You accused me the other day of slagging off Monk, but as you have seen on this thread ive given him very high praise . Its just to do with the thread posted and its just debate on an internet forum,nothing for you to get all defensive about .

Now, dont change the subject tell me all about this scoop you have about this world class player having his medical at Morriston please !
little spats on 13:32 - Jul 3 with 2055 viewsDarran

little spats on 13:28 - Jul 3 by icecoldjack

But you never wish to wonder WHY he doesn't want to play for our club ?

Sae as im not not slagging off Ash Williams, doesn;t stop you casting aspersions though does it ?

You need to get it into your head that i neither love or hate any Swans player , they come and go and while i love what they bring i also dont mind debating the other aspects of them .

You accused me the other day of slagging off Monk, but as you have seen on this thread ive given him very high praise . Its just to do with the thread posted and its just debate on an internet forum,nothing for you to get all defensive about .

Now, dont change the subject tell me all about this scoop you have about this world class player having his medical at Morriston please !

You've been slagging off Monk and Williams since Laudrup left.
My scoop is in negotiations and they hope he'll be on the plane.

little spats on 13:55 - Jul 3 with 2006 viewsraynor94

little spats on 11:45 - Jul 3 by Darran

Same here, all this slagging of ash based on some I've been told by a mate,he'll go down with me as one of our best ever signings, and yes he deserves a top dollar contrac

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

little spats on 13:56 - Jul 3 with 2005 viewsymaohyd

Ashley Williams has been a magnificent player for the Swans, a superb signing and in my opinion is a club legend, along with Tatey, Garry Monk, Leon, Rangel and Nathan Dyer of those who are still at the club.

In my opinion though he has handled this whole situation very badly. He has shown a complete lack of foresight in employing this Jamie Moralee as his agent. He is club captain and of course Captain of Wales.

Considering those positions of responsibility he should either tell Moralee to shut the fuc* up or get someone who acts with a bit of class.

The club hierarchy have no time for Moralee whatsoever and it has led to this stand off. Agents have a conflict of interests. Move a player on and it's happy days financially.

The club should reward Ash for what he has done for the club and his status at the club. I hope they have done that.

If they have and Ash seems to be acting with a lack of intelligence in not keeping this Moralee on a verbal leash and still looking for more, then I agree with those that say he can leave the club as soon as.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

little spats on 13:56 - Jul 3 with 2002 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

little spats on 10:50 - Jul 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes. But it's not local league football is it. I mean when our team plays on the Sunday lunchtime slot you don't see Routs and Shelvey throwing up on the touchline do you?
Ash wants to wind his neck in and get his own act together before yelling at young kids who have only just come on the pitch as subs.

Bryn with all due respect thats nonsense ,the captain has the right to bollock players not pulling their weight at any level of football.
And rightly so regarding some players last season.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024