Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RFID 21:47 - Jul 25 with 779 viewsSwanzay

Mythbusters wanted to make an episode about how trackable and hackable RFID chips were. Sounds amazing? Everyone would’ve learned more about the technology that's invisibly invading our lives. But, nope. Credit Card companies banned them.

[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 21:49]
RFID on 21:57 - Jul 25 with 757 viewsDyfnant

One section was gonna be on the effectiveness of tin foil in blocking signals

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

RFID on 22:00 - Jul 25 with 749 viewsSwanzay

RFID on 21:57 - Jul 25 by Dyfnant

One section was gonna be on the effectiveness of tin foil in blocking signals

LOL..........
RFID on 22:15 - Jul 25 with 719 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

RFID on 22:22 - Jul 25 with 709 viewsdickythorpe

RFID on 22:32 - Jul 25 with 690 viewsSwanzay

I was actually wondering how long it would take you to post your usual boring retort, as insignificant as your life is, no wonder you have nothing to hide Daz!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 22:33]
RFID on 22:33 - Jul 25 with 682 viewsDarran

RFID on 22:32 - Jul 25 by Swanzay

I was actually wondering how long it would take you to post your usual boring retort, as insignificant as your life is, no wonder you have nothing to hide Daz!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 22:33]

No need to abuse me.

RFID on 22:35 - Jul 25 with 680 viewsSwanzay

RFID on 22:33 - Jul 25 by Darran

No need to abuse me.

Hilarious, great response!
RFID on 22:39 - Jul 25 with 670 viewsSwanzay

Stop trying to take the thread of topic, its a decent topic!
Login to get fewer ads

RFID on 22:52 - Jul 25 with 654 viewsPozuelosSideys

Virtually everything you do which involves technology or some form of centralised database will mean you can be tracked. Only a matter of time, if its not done already, until all the pieces of the jigsaw are put together and combined with cctv so somebody, somewhere knows where you are at all times.

Its big data which can be sold, and that means money can be made and people will use it and abuse it for their own means.

My employer has MASSIVE amounts of data on their customers and it wouldnt take a genius to map out a pretty solid profile of their customers, their needs, their issues, their movement, their spending. Everything you need to manipulate them.

This whole thing is undersold imo. Will be a nightmare in the future.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

RFID on 23:13 - Jul 25 with 615 viewsSwanzay

RFID on 22:52 - Jul 25 by PozuelosSideys

Virtually everything you do which involves technology or some form of centralised database will mean you can be tracked. Only a matter of time, if its not done already, until all the pieces of the jigsaw are put together and combined with cctv so somebody, somewhere knows where you are at all times.

Its big data which can be sold, and that means money can be made and people will use it and abuse it for their own means.

My employer has MASSIVE amounts of data on their customers and it wouldnt take a genius to map out a pretty solid profile of their customers, their needs, their issues, their movement, their spending. Everything you need to manipulate them.

This whole thing is undersold imo. Will be a nightmare in the future.

I work for a global company and 'big data' has been the new buzz word, no direct connection with the public. The amount of info they reep from peeps not ticking those, 'I dont want share my details'. mostly the non computer generation (parent, grandparents etc) and the amount of tracking cookies that can be installed.

I highly suggest you install Malware bites to delete cookies , get a VPN!

Clear your cache etc. People share their information far to easily when online, bank details etc its all available if you know what to do!
RFID on 23:15 - Jul 25 with 609 viewsDarran

RFID on 23:13 - Jul 25 by Swanzay

I work for a global company and 'big data' has been the new buzz word, no direct connection with the public. The amount of info they reep from peeps not ticking those, 'I dont want share my details'. mostly the non computer generation (parent, grandparents etc) and the amount of tracking cookies that can be installed.

I highly suggest you install Malware bites to delete cookies , get a VPN!

Clear your cache etc. People share their information far to easily when online, bank details etc its all available if you know what to do!

Honestly you're a f*cking psycho mun.

RFID on 23:20 - Jul 25 with 602 viewsPozuelosSideys

RFID on 23:15 - Jul 25 by Darran

Honestly you're a f*cking psycho mun.

Nah hes not. There are literally billions of pieces of info on customers. Employees are actively encouraged to find ways to use that data and "target" the customer base in order to generate revenues for the business. This data can and does get sold without the individuals knowledge too.

Its easy to say "oh but it doesnt effect me, i have nothing to hide", until it does effect you. The creep, creep creep on an indviduals freedoms and liberties is increasing every day.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

RFID on 23:23 - Jul 25 with 598 viewsDarran

RFID on 23:20 - Jul 25 by PozuelosSideys

Nah hes not. There are literally billions of pieces of info on customers. Employees are actively encouraged to find ways to use that data and "target" the customer base in order to generate revenues for the business. This data can and does get sold without the individuals knowledge too.

Its easy to say "oh but it doesnt effect me, i have nothing to hide", until it does effect you. The creep, creep creep on an indviduals freedoms and liberties is increasing every day.

I'm not disputing that but he'd lost the plot mun.

RFID on 23:38 - Jul 25 with 580 viewsSwanzay

RFID on 23:23 - Jul 25 by Darran

As I said you are insignificant in the real world and stop trying to make this thread about you, precious!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 23:56]
RFID on 11:15 - Jul 26 with 472 viewsphact0rri

Now is this about tracking or data mining... which are two different things completely. And lets not turn a blind eye to the whole sale farming of packets passing through american servers by way of the American National Security service (wow I should really be typing this from the TOR browser).

Data mining is actually one bit that bothers me over tracking. If someone wants to find me, and I don't want to be found there are things I can do to go invisible. However I don't like companies taking information I didn't give them a right to take. Using facebook, or gmail and the like I am aware I am giving them access to the information in exchange for the services they provide, WE AGREE ON IT and it can help the operation of these services. however when third parties trade on the sites I visit or the money I spend, without my approval. that begins to be a problem. And the data mining business is a very very lucrative one.

Checking for Malware, much like virus checking should be standard. But its nowhere near the be all end all of data recovery. Its only the tip of the ice burg. ISPs. Software companies, website creators, etc can all farm this data you are submitting to companies that then DB it and sell it to anyone who wants it.

The real question might not be "who is taking my data" but more importantly am I giving away to much of my personal information?

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

RFID on 13:56 - Jul 26 with 422 viewsjackb

RFID on 23:23 - Jul 25 by Darran

OP has said nothing that isn't true, sadly
RFID on 15:14 - Jul 26 with 392 viewsDarran

RFID on 13:56 - Jul 26 by jackb

OP has said nothing that isn't true, sadly

I was talking about his posts in general he's f*cking loopy.

RFID on 15:18 - Jul 26 with 383 viewsJackfath

This is exaclty why I dont have a Tesco clubcard or similar.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

RFID on 15:36 - Jul 26 with 359 viewsItchySphincter

I had to defriend a lifelong friend on FB recently because of the constant deluge of sh!te about chem trails and god knows what other paranoid boIIocks they spout on about. It partly bores me and partly annoys me that they speak with such authority. Loopy is not the word.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

RFID on 15:40 - Jul 26 with 350 viewsJackfath

RFID on 15:36 - Jul 26 by ItchySphincter

I had to defriend a lifelong friend on FB recently because of the constant deluge of sh!te about chem trails and god knows what other paranoid boIIocks they spout on about. It partly bores me and partly annoys me that they speak with such authority. Loopy is not the word.

Is this as bad as grown men saying things like

xxxxxxxx is feeling sad and low.

What's up mate?

I don't want to talk about it on here.

or

telling me how great their kids are,

or

telling me what they've been up to today?

Facebook is wa nk.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

RFID on 16:01 - Jul 26 with 339 viewsCygnus

Yanks to get RFID chip compulsory soon?

Take a look at this video on YouTube:

RFID on 16:25 - Jul 26 with 314 viewsItchySphincter

Agree to a point and I resisted for years but I work away a lot, been home 4 days in the last two months and I find it's a good way of keeping in touch when you can't always make a call or skype. I rarely post on there but my missus often keeps me updated and sends pics of my boys so for that reason, for me personally it's a good thing.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024