Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
25 Man Squad 11:17 - Sep 4 with 4564 viewsJACKARSE

-Barrow, Moduo
-*Bartley, Kyle
-Bony, Wilfried Guemiand
-*Britton, Leon James
-*Carroll, Thomas James
-*Cornell, David Joseph
-Donnelly, Ruaridhri
-*Dyer, Nathan Antone Jonah
-Emnes, Marvin
-Fabianski, Lukasz
-Fernandez, Federico
-Gomis, Bafetimbi
-Ki, Sung Yueng
-Maas, Jordi Amat
-Montero Vite, Jefferson Antonio
-*Obeng, Curtis
-*Richards, Ashley Darel Jazz
-*Routledge, Wayne Neville Anthony
-*Shelvey, Jonjo
-*Sigurdsson, Gylfi Thor
-*Taylor, Neil John
-Tiendalli, Dwight Marciano
-Tremmel, Gerhard
-*Williams, Ashley Errol
-Zaragoza, Angel Rangel

* Home Grown

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swanseas-25-man-premier-league-squad
25 Man Squad on 11:22 - Sep 4 with 4527 viewsbluenile

Thor????????????????? No wonder he's doing so well, it's that Hammer!!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

25 Man Squad on 11:23 - Sep 4 with 4522 viewsSwansNZ

Some great names there.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

25 Man Squad on 11:24 - Sep 4 with 4509 viewsOwenThom

Obeng is now 25! Would have thought he'd be one of the first out of the door in the Summer but he seems to have a never ending contract.

Twitter - @Owen_Thom

25 Man Squad on 11:25 - Sep 4 with 4503 viewsbluenile

They missed out 'Curriculum' for Montero.......................

25 Man Squad on 11:25 - Sep 4 with 4502 viewsSwansNZ

No Tate, which is good

25 Man Squad on 11:25 - Sep 4 with 4502 viewsJack_y_Jwc

There are some shocking middle names in that list.

Considering we released Situ & Meade I'm surprised to see Obeng in the squad, no Tatey either, he's properly in limbo at the moment

25 Man Squad on 11:31 - Sep 4 with 4467 viewskarnataka

Wonder if Dwight was named after former World Heavyweight Champion, Rocky.

Thor = Hammer wielding God of Thunder!! Excellent.

With a first name like Bafetimbi, I'm disappointed that Gomis hasn't got some more fancy names, like Wilfried's 'Guemiand'. Edit: Oh, he has, just found him on Wiki and his middle name is Fredius apparently. Love it.
25 Man Squad on 11:33 - Sep 4 with 4453 viewsStarsky

25 Man Squad on 11:25 - Sep 4 by Jack_y_Jwc

Considering we released Situ & Meade I'm surprised to see Obeng in the squad, no Tatey either, he's properly in limbo at the moment

If Obeng was in the squad you'd think he would have gone to the USA etc for pre-season training.
We must be using him as a home grown squad member at the last minute perhaps because a late signing never materialised on deadline day.

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

25 Man Squad on 11:35 - Sep 4 with 4439 viewslondonlisa2001

Got to love that Montero's name is 'Vite'. Couldn't be more apt !!
25 Man Squad on 11:36 - Sep 4 with 4430 viewsCatullus

25 Man Squad on 11:31 - Sep 4 by karnataka

Wonder if Dwight was named after former World Heavyweight Champion, Rocky.

Thor = Hammer wielding God of Thunder!! Excellent.

With a first name like Bafetimbi, I'm disappointed that Gomis hasn't got some more fancy names, like Wilfried's 'Guemiand'. Edit: Oh, he has, just found him on Wiki and his middle name is Fredius apparently. Love it.

And Dyer's is Jonah....well he has been for the oppo so far, long may it last.

Errol, who is Ash named after......

https://sp3.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608013961735439727&pid=15.1&w=126&h=151&p=0

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

25 Man Squad on 11:36 - Sep 4 with 4427 viewsSTEVE1

25 Man Squad on 11:25 - Sep 4 by Jack_y_Jwc

The. Best thing they can do with Tate is pay is contract up he then becomes a free agent I know he is injured but may be he would then put a bit of fitness work in to get a club even if it was in league 2 for once he will not have Swansea City to fall back on. The problem is some of these players have become more than a free wage in that it now stops us bringing in non contract players.
25 Man Squad on 11:38 - Sep 4 with 4411 viewsZut_Alors

25 Man Squad on 11:33 - Sep 4 by Starsky

If Obeng was in the squad you'd think he would have gone to the USA etc for pre-season training.
We must be using him as a home grown squad member at the last minute perhaps because a late signing never materialised on deadline day.

It may be that we loan him out to a Championship club when the loan window opens next week. Perhaps the club think that this somehow increases the chances of someone taking him, as it certainly doesn't seem as though we have any interest in him.
25 Man Squad on 11:38 - Sep 4 with 4411 viewsScoobyWho

25 Man Squad on 11:24 - Sep 4 by OwenThom

Obeng is now 25! Would have thought he'd be one of the first out of the door in the Summer but he seems to have a never ending contract.

If Monks expressed desire to sign a player in that position on the weekend was done he certainly would have been.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

25 Man Squad on 11:40 - Sep 4 with 4406 viewslondonlisa2001

I think we've plenty of home grown in there anyway. I guess that we had a space free so thought it was more likely (albeit very unlikely) that we'd have a use for Obeng rather than Tate.

All in all, together with the youngsters (Kingsley, Fulton, Sheehan etc) that don't get named, it looks like a pretty decent and balanced squad.

It'll be interesting to see if any of the 'big clubs' have people like Sinclair, Borini etc left out of their lists. Effectively means they'll have to get loaned to the Championship if so, or sit on their (wealthy) backsides for a few months if not. Edit - just checked and Borini is in Liverpool's squad list and Sinclair is in Man City's.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 11:50]
25 Man Squad on 11:40 - Sep 4 with 4399 viewsbluenile

25 Man Squad on 11:36 - Sep 4 by Catullus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Errol_Flynn

25 Man Squad on 11:41 - Sep 4 with 4392 viewsSTEVE1

No option really to name him we have 26 players over 21 it was between him and Tate who would be left out I think they made the right choice you cannot leave gaps if you have 25 players you have to name them.
25 Man Squad on 12:43 - Sep 4 with 4224 viewsLeonisGod

25 Man Squad on 11:36 - Sep 4 by Catullus

His dad
25 Man Squad on 13:57 - Sep 4 with 4040 viewsSTEVE1

See Lee lucas is not included either are there any others ? We have more players this year than we have ever had.
25 Man Squad on 15:41 - Sep 4 with 3895 viewsJACKARSE

Given all the hype and stats about Gylfi recently if I was playing the Swans I would man mark him or crock him as soon as ....... if he gets injured who in the squad would come anywhere near him as AM ?
25 Man Squad on 16:13 - Sep 4 with 3826 viewsJesusJack

Our 3 wingers are Antonio, Antone and Anthony? Sounds like a wacky Italian-American sitcom.

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

25 Man Squad on 17:14 - Sep 4 with 3723 viewsLiam

25 Man Squad on 13:57 - Sep 4 by STEVE1

See Lee lucas is not included either are there any others ? We have more players this year than we have ever had.

Hasn't he been loaned out?
25 Man Squad on 17:50 - Sep 4 with 3670 viewsLeonisGod

25 Man Squad on 15:41 - Sep 4 by JACKARSE

Given all the hype and stats about Gylfi recently if I was playing the Swans I would man mark him or crock him as soon as ....... if he gets injured who in the squad would come anywhere near him as AM ?

Yep, we're a bit short if some of our key players get crocked. Presumably JJS would move forward, meaning we'd need Leon back or have to start Carroll. Emnes? Or we could go back to Routs as we've done before. Presumably this is one of the extras were were hoping to get in - either a forward who could play AM or a DM to allow us to use JJS further forward if needed.
25 Man Squad on 00:19 - Sep 5 with 3451 viewsGixerJack

How is Ziggy home grown???
25 Man Squad on 00:24 - Sep 5 with 3446 viewsSwansNZ

25 Man Squad on 00:19 - Sep 5 by GixerJack

How is Ziggy home grown???

He was at Reading as a youth player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024