Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As a team, who are the worst divers? 22:36 - Dec 13 with 1366 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Watching Adam Johnson get blown over by the wind today kind of made me wonder. Is it easy to come up with a Top 5?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 22:37 - Dec 13 with 1356 viewsJackfath

If it is possible, and there are teams who are clearly more "diver driven" than other teams then they should be brought to task by the FA.

Cheating.

I hope no minge from the Spurs falls over holding his head tomorrow to stop us on a counter attack.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 22:42 - Dec 13 with 1341 viewsmonmouth

Foy is a massive clunge.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 22:45 - Dec 13 with 1331 viewsMrSwan

in England its Liverpool and out of every team then Bayern Munich or Real Madrid.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 22:48 - Dec 13 with 1309 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I think the thing that drives me nuts about seeing other teams dive (successfully) may be that we have physically strong, thick, compact players who fight through contact instead of overreacting to it. While we lack height, we make up for with a low center of gravity. Bony is a good example, with only few semi-exceptions like Ki. But no way in hell in any case that either one (especially Bony) goes down on the exact same run with the exact same contact Johnson collapsed over.

It's obviously playing football the correct, classy way. And you can argue that it instills a mindset that is more successful than playing with a mindset of anticipating contact. But we've only received one PK (if I recall correctly) all season, which I'm guessing must be near the bottom of the league. So unfortunately we do pay a price for classy play.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2014 22:52]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 22:50 - Dec 13 with 1303 viewsDarran

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 22:42 - Dec 13 by monmouth

Foy is a massive clunge.

I hope he falls off his bicycle tomorrow.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 01:04 - Dec 14 with 1194 viewsBobJack

I used to cringe when Gomez used to dive for us. Referees need to stamp it out, show yellows / reds. Once this starts, managers will kick ass too. ( a decent movie)

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 03:22 - Dec 14 with 1148 viewsdameedna

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 01:04 - Dec 14 by BobJack

I used to cringe when Gomez used to dive for us. Referees need to stamp it out, show yellows / reds. Once this starts, managers will kick ass too. ( a decent movie)

Gylfi has always got into positions where he could dive and does not.
Gomez, Chico dive when they get the chance.

Teams like Swansea, Palace, West Ham, Southampton are playing football and will do well this year. I think it evens itself out as refs start to not give fouls against teams/manager who are trying to con them.
As a team, who are the worst divers? on 06:51 - Dec 14 with 1115 viewscaerleon_jack

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 03:22 - Dec 14 by dameedna

Teams like Swansea, Palace, West Ham, Southampton are playing football and will do well this year. I think it evens itself out as refs start to not give fouls against teams/manager who are trying to con them.

I would say that along with Stoke, West Ham and Southampton have been two of the worst for being overly physical going into challenges, but throwing themselves all over the place and crying to the ref every time they are challenged. Playing good football doesn't equal playing it in the right spirit. I'll also point out that for all the plaudits West Ham have received for playing 'good' football this season, they resorted to long ball against us and Big Sam basically came out and told the fans that as long as Carroll is fit they're going back to playing that way.

Insert something witty here

Login to get fewer ads

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 08:01 - Dec 14 with 1076 viewsQuakerJack

Today, Foy has further confirmed what I've said all along that many on here have laughed off... That these refs aren't incompetent, they are cheats. Foy did not give a pen, so he must have thought it was a dive, but despite booking others for it, he refused to book cahil because that would have meant Chelsea down to 10... he took a conscious decision to do the wrong thing. That's cheating, he's a cheat, just like the refs we've fallen foul of this season.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 08:52 - Dec 14 with 1026 viewsswan65split

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 08:01 - Dec 14 by QuakerJack

Today, Foy has further confirmed what I've said all along that many on here have laughed off... That these refs aren't incompetent, they are cheats. Foy did not give a pen, so he must have thought it was a dive, but despite booking others for it, he refused to book cahil because that would have meant Chelsea down to 10... he took a conscious decision to do the wrong thing. That's cheating, he's a cheat, just like the refs we've fallen foul of this season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30464885

A gentlemen's way of calling someone a cheat
As a team, who are the worst divers? on 09:00 - Dec 14 with 1008 viewscockneyswan

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 08:01 - Dec 14 by QuakerJack

Agreed
As a team, who are the worst divers? on 10:08 - Dec 14 with 943 viewswestside

sunderland are one of the worst teams for players diving and just falling down like wickham.
As a team, who are the worst divers? on 10:33 - Dec 14 with 927 viewsSkipTheJack

As a team, who are the worst divers? on 03:22 - Dec 14 by dameedna

As far as Palace are concerned, they are always going to be judged as amongst the worst divers in the league because they've got Chamakh up front! Even if the rest of their squad are honest, Chamakh's ability to be knocked over by a puff of wind will always reflect badly on them. He took at least 4 blatant dives against us, including the penalty he won, and wasn't booked for any of them!
As a team, who are the worst divers? on 14:05 - Dec 14 with 842 viewsperchrockjack

Foy? Its not a coincidence that he favours certain clubs.
Deeply sinister.

Wrong against us at west ham and wrong yesterday.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024