Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? 10:26 - Sep 21 with 1724 viewsPhil_S

There has been a few comments after yesterday's game that we were unlucky not to get at least a point but I am not sure that is correct given how deep we were sat for most of the second half allowing Southampton to dictate much of what happened during that second 45 minutes.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/36286/im-not-sure-that-is
I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 10:28 - Sep 21 with 1341 viewswaynekerr55

Deluded full back in talking sh*t shocker. Concentrate on your positioning instead of trying to deflect the blame onto others.

Tosser

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 11:47 - Sep 21 with 1206 viewsreddythered

Percentage football surely tho, Phil?

Two choices really, either throw people forward to try to force opposition to defend to negate the man disadvantage or defend, compress space to make it more difficult to be broken down and hope to hit on the break.

Both approaches would have pros and cons. Take the game to the opposition, risk getting caught out on counter attack. Defend deep gives opposition the ball and thus more potential to score.

All swings and roundabouts though. If they'd not got that goal then the approach would have been the right one; a point when a man down isn't a bad outcome.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 11:53 - Sep 21 with 1176 viewsshimmie

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 10:28 - Sep 21 by waynekerr55

Deluded full back in talking sh*t shocker. Concentrate on your positioning instead of trying to deflect the blame onto others.

Tosser

Where in that article has he attempted to deflect blame and heat has he said for you to feel justifiable in calling him a tosser? Bizarre
I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 11:55 - Sep 21 with 1170 viewsmonmouth

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 11:47 - Sep 21 by reddythered

Percentage football surely tho, Phil?

Two choices really, either throw people forward to try to force opposition to defend to negate the man disadvantage or defend, compress space to make it more difficult to be broken down and hope to hit on the break.

Both approaches would have pros and cons. Take the game to the opposition, risk getting caught out on counter attack. Defend deep gives opposition the ball and thus more potential to score.

All swings and roundabouts though. If they'd not got that goal then the approach would have been the right one; a point when a man down isn't a bad outcome.

Yes I agree, although I thing we have enough scary pace in the team to do a hybrid. keep compact and be threatening by leaving one or two fast men more advanced to keep the oppo honest. Yesterday we left Gylfi most forward and his pace is...well...

Mistake in hindsight, but 10 mins away from not being.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:05 - Sep 21 with 1131 viewsjackforever

Tosser

Wow what a post. What a prick.
Taylor is spot on imo. We were hardly hanging on. Fab had hardly made a save. Bonys madness cost us the game not Taylor.
I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:10 - Sep 21 with 1121 viewswaynekerr55

I refer you all to the many press releases by Jamie Morallee

I also refer you to yesterday when Wanyama walked past him and he didn't track him, then looked across the back 4 and tried blaming them.

If he spent more time and effort on honing his game instead of getting his agent to tell all and sundry how good he is, then perhaps he would be a "better option than Ben" as Moralee said.

I do take the tosser quote back, although according to some I'm not far off the mark.

Football - all about opinions

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:11 - Sep 21 with 1115 viewsNeath_Jack

Tosser

Has someone hacked your account Wayne? What a bizarre and uncalled for post.

As much as i think Tayls is the weak link in our starting 11 at the moment, he's far from a tosser mun.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:14 - Sep 21 with 1092 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:11 - Sep 21 by Neath_Jack

As much as i think Tayls is the weak link in our starting 11 at the moment, he's far from a tosser mun.

And he's right too, we were unlucky not to get a point considering we played with ten men for almost an hour.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:16 - Sep 21 with 1076 viewsNeath_Jack

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:14 - Sep 21 by exiledclaseboy

And he's right too, we were unlucky not to get a point considering we played with ten men for almost an hour.

I couldn't agree more, i think we would have won it with 11, and weren't far away from getting the draw anyway.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:17 - Sep 21 with 1073 viewsDr_Winston

Up until Wilf went off there was only going to be one winner. We were all over them. After that it was one way traffic and eventually conceding seemed inevitable.

Sitting back for the point was a mistake. We needed to still try to create chances ourselves just to ease the pressure on our own back line a bit. That didn't happen and we paid the price.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:19 - Sep 21 with 1069 viewswaynekerr55

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:11 - Sep 21 by Neath_Jack

I think I've allowed the RANCOUR in my mind from his many blurbs in the media about how good he is cloud my judgement.

Yes, Wilf cost us (the 2nd tackle could have been a straight red in today's climate) and we'd have probably won that with 11 men.

Note to self, proof read posts and lose the RANCOUR.

Although I do maintain my anger that he didn't track his man and then tried to blame everyone else for his mistake.

The avatar now has to stay for a while longer!

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:20 - Sep 21 with 1065 viewsNeath_Jack

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:17 - Sep 21 by Dr_Winston

Up until Wilf went off there was only going to be one winner. We were all over them. After that it was one way traffic and eventually conceding seemed inevitable.

Sitting back for the point was a mistake. We needed to still try to create chances ourselves just to ease the pressure on our own back line a bit. That didn't happen and we paid the price.

It's a natural reaction when playing football to drop deeper and deeper when you go a man down. It's easy to say just get forward more, but when it comes down to it on the pitch it is an unnatural way to play. People can dress it up how they like, but it's one of those things. Monk was screaming at them to get further up the pitch in the second half, you could see it from the East stand.

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:24 - Sep 21 with 1048 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:20 - Sep 21 by Neath_Jack

It's a natural reaction when playing football to drop deeper and deeper when you go a man down. It's easy to say just get forward more, but when it comes down to it on the pitch it is an unnatural way to play. People can dress it up how they like, but it's one of those things. Monk was screaming at them to get further up the pitch in the second half, you could see it from the East stand.

And of course if we had gone gung ho with ten and left gaping holes at the back or in midfield, got picked off an lost two or three nil Monk would be being criticised for that this morning instead of being criticised for sitting back. Ho hum.

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:32 - Sep 21 with 1023 viewswaynekerr55

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:24 - Sep 21 by exiledclaseboy

And of course if we had gone gung ho with ten and left gaping holes at the back or in midfield, got picked off an lost two or three nil Monk would be being criticised for that this morning instead of being criticised for sitting back. Ho hum.

True

I could see why he went with Gylfi as the 'false 9' given his work rate. Make no mistake Southampton have a street wise streak that we need to add. When their players surrounded the ref from the off we should've joined in as well.

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 13:12 - Sep 21 with 941 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I am concerned about both of our full backs to be honest. Taylor isn't anywhere near his levels of our first PL and age has caught up with AR.
Frederico put in a good shift and I'm happy his game is sharpening up as it will with more game time with Ash etc.
Ki was fabulous, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well he is adapting to his new role/responsibilities. Our MOTM for me.
Shelvey did well as did Siggy, the least said about Wilf's kamikaze tackle (when already on a yellow) the better. He'll learn not to react to provocation next time.
Routs should have scored but didn't have a bad game ditto Dyer.

The team defended magnificently well in the second half and controlled the game from defence, saying to Soton "try and break us down if you can" and bar one mistake they wouldn't have.

A good performance and on that showing I fancy is to finish above them as they had no cutting edge at all.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 14:49 - Sep 21 with 807 viewsSpratty

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 12:24 - Sep 21 by exiledclaseboy

True, but perhaps there was a middle ground, we were defending incredibly deep.

Fab was frustrated having no one to play the ball to, and straight back it would come almost every time.

I have not commented on this before as it was obviously a difficult situation, although I would not agree we were unlucky not to get a point. Nor would I say we played sublimely in the first half or totally dominated it. Sublime is a very strong word (I would be happy to use it for large parts of the 1st half against Chelsea). I would say we were slightly stronger overall in the early play and started to dominate as the half wore on. We played well against a good team and also had some very nice play and great chances. We were certainly overall the better team most clearly once we got into our stride.

Also do you think if our previous manager had done that, our current manager would have been saying he did the right thing or criticised his defeatist attitude? I suppose people find it easier to criticise those who are openly critical of others. Like Sousa's poor training and inability to maintain 2nd halves!!! (even though he gave us our best finish for 25 years). Or Angel's lack of bravery. Or the constant digs at Laudrup for e.g. amongst the many the obvious and specific exclusion from the list of the good managers he has worked under (despite his historical achievements for our club, the number of players that voted with their feet and even Bony stating he had been a good manager).
I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 14:58 - Sep 21 with 794 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 14:49 - Sep 21 by Spratty

True, but perhaps there was a middle ground, we were defending incredibly deep.

Fab was frustrated having no one to play the ball to, and straight back it would come almost every time.

I have not commented on this before as it was obviously a difficult situation, although I would not agree we were unlucky not to get a point. Nor would I say we played sublimely in the first half or totally dominated it. Sublime is a very strong word (I would be happy to use it for large parts of the 1st half against Chelsea). I would say we were slightly stronger overall in the early play and started to dominate as the half wore on. We played well against a good team and also had some very nice play and great chances. We were certainly overall the better team most clearly once we got into our stride.

Also do you think if our previous manager had done that, our current manager would have been saying he did the right thing or criticised his defeatist attitude? I suppose people find it easier to criticise those who are openly critical of others. Like Sousa's poor training and inability to maintain 2nd halves!!! (even though he gave us our best finish for 25 years). Or Angel's lack of bravery. Or the constant digs at Laudrup for e.g. amongst the many the obvious and specific exclusion from the list of the good managers he has worked under (despite his historical achievements for our club, the number of players that voted with their feet and even Bony stating he had been a good manager).

Why do you keep asking me about Laudrup? I've never once slated him, agree that he was very successful for the most part and didn't agree with sacking him at the time it happened. I'm not a Laudrup slater so you're barking up the wrong tree. Direct your man-love of Laudrup towards someone else. He's not our manager any more so I don't give a tiny one about him.

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 15:04 - Sep 21 with 784 viewsNeath_Jack

Spratty's Law.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 15:04]

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 15:08 - Sep 21 with 772 viewsSpratty

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 14:58 - Sep 21 by exiledclaseboy

Why do you keep asking me about Laudrup? I've never once slated him, agree that he was very successful for the most part and didn't agree with sacking him at the time it happened. I'm not a Laudrup slater so you're barking up the wrong tree. Direct your man-love of Laudrup towards someone else. He's not our manager any more so I don't give a tiny one about him.

No but you seemed concerned about why people would criticise our manager regardless.

Although I was not doing this, I was pointing out that sometime what goes around comes around so that might be part of the reason others might.
I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 15:09 - Sep 21 with 770 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 15:08 - Sep 21 by Spratty

No but you seemed concerned about why people would criticise our manager regardless.

Although I was not doing this, I was pointing out that sometime what goes around comes around so that might be part of the reason others might.

I have no idea what you're on about, but you definitely need counselling or something to get over your Laudrup obsession.

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 15:20 - Sep 21 with 744 viewsraynor94

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 15:09 - Sep 21 by exiledclaseboy

I have no idea what you're on about, but you definitely need counselling or something to get over your Laudrup obsession.

You are far to polite, I just wish he'd do one off this site, it's pathetic how every thread on here with him ends up with Laudrup

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 15:21 - Sep 21 with 743 viewsskippyjack

Bla, Bla f*cking bla.. we didn't take our chances against Burnley but got away with it and won 1-0.. we didn't take our chances against saints and didn't get away with it.. we didn't learn from the Burnley game.. never mind the red.. we should've been 2, 3 nil up before the red.. just like the Burnley game.. and Garry should grow some balls and drop Taylor.. plus Shelvey has been like a pillock the last two games.. they've had their chances... we've lost two.. needs a shake up.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 15:23 - Sep 21 with 729 viewsperchrockjack

Or maybe get rid of monk and have the board bring in an experienced manager who meets with our approval..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 15:30 - Sep 21 with 705 viewslondonlisa2001

A couple of our 'supporters' are definitely starting to show their colours today aren't they.

Sad that we have people that would rather we lost since this will 'prove' somehow that Monk is inferior to Laudrup.
I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 15:32 - Sep 21 with 699 viewsmonmouth

I'm Not Sure That Is Right Neil? on 15:23 - Sep 21 by perchrockjack

Or maybe get rid of monk and have the board bring in an experienced manager who meets with our approval..

There's another Scandinavian available I hear. Champions league winning goal too; must be good.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024