Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monks tactics 22:01 - Oct 25 with 2435 viewsScoobyWho

I know I am not alone in my frustration. But is it Garry Monk that is instilling in to the team this disastrous and negative second half performances we are seeing ? or is it the team who are unable manage the game properly when ahead. Either way it is so frustrating and to be honest a win is a win, but this is an extreme downward turn in the way we do things at Swansea, and for me is unacceptable.

I do feel that these negative tactics will be the undoing of us big time.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Monks tactics on 22:05 - Oct 25 with 1886 viewsMrSwan

p;ayers silly passes rather than simple ones that's all.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Monks tactics on 22:08 - Oct 25 with 1861 viewsScoobyWho

It could be as simple as that, and a degree of nerves, but surely the coaching staff can see when we start defending ten yards from goal and can introduce something to prevent it or stop it when it happens, Ash is clearly too dull to notice.

Monks tactics on 22:09 - Oct 25 with 1849 viewsorion3016

We were still in the changing room for the first few mins of 2nd half and will be punished if we do that against decent teams. Leicester were awful though.

Be over there now after

Monks tactics on 22:13 - Oct 25 with 1812 viewsmagicdaps10

Most second halves we are either pushing for a goal or holding a lead................the second half is when the game opens up and this is when our need for a defensive midfielder or holding midfielder is certainly required.

When we are holding a lead we need someone who can sit there and be disciplined and hold the shape and protect the back four.
When we are pushing we need that sitter who can let the forward players get on with it without fear of worrying to much on covering.

This is such a obvious weakness to our game at present and its a position that is so important in todays game especially the system that we play. Ki and Shelvey are doing a sterling jobs but the sloppiness is there for all to see and that's due to certain players being pulled out of position.......using more energy to get back into their position that they are meant to be in and lethargic side is then showing in their passing.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Monks tactics on 22:14 - Oct 25 with 1794 viewswaynekerr55

Monks tactics on 22:08 - Oct 25 by ScoobyWho

It could be as simple as that, and a degree of nerves, but surely the coaching staff can see when we start defending ten yards from goal and can introduce something to prevent it or stop it when it happens, Ash is clearly too dull to notice.

Game management is something we need to improve. When 2 nil up don't force the play and use the space available.

I think having Leon back will make a big difference

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Monks tactics on 22:18 - Oct 25 with 1755 viewsmagicdaps10

Monks tactics on 22:14 - Oct 25 by waynekerr55

Game management is something we need to improve. When 2 nil up don't force the play and use the space available.

I think having Leon back will make a big difference

Leon back will make a massive difference.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Monks tactics on 22:21 - Oct 25 with 1742 viewsSS2013

Scooby fair play right tw@t :)

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Monks tactics on 22:21 - Oct 25 with 1736 viewsmonmouth

Best ever start in the prem says this is bollux

.........but it isn't in my view. It's doing my head in just giving the ball to the opposition and funnelling back. It will not be successful against better teams. Still, very good result against a well organised team. On we go.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Monks tactics on 22:30 - Oct 25 with 1687 viewsSS2013

Monks tactics on 22:21 - Oct 25 by monmouth

Best ever start in the prem says this is bollux

.........but it isn't in my view. It's doing my head in just giving the ball to the opposition and funnelling back. It will not be successful against better teams. Still, very good result against a well organised team. On we go.

6th and won 2-0 and still moaning! get A GRIP!

Monks tactics on 22:41 - Oct 25 with 1621 viewsScoobyWho

Monks tactics on 22:21 - Oct 25 by SS2013

Scooby fair play right tw@t :)

Ok, well, I'm just putting my view over, if you wish to take it off here, your more than welcome, otherwise ignore me or better still grow a pair and enter the discussion.

Monks tactics on 23:53 - Oct 25 with 1431 viewsymaohyd

In my opinion the OP is spot on.

I'm very much in the Garry Monk fan club (I point that out as I'm sure there will always be plenty who aren't and that's fair enough), however I'm surprised as to how well GM is doing in many ways and disappointed in others. The 'others' I'd suggest are 1) - the lack of fight at times in midfield, something that was evident last week, I said that at the time and I must be honest I didn't fancy us today.

The other area is, as many have highlighted is game management. I'm really surprised at this as GM highlighted when he took over, that particularly at home, we needed (compared to how we played towards the end of ML's tenure), to impose ourselves on the opposition. To be fair he's been true to his word, however having gone ahead in so many games, we should, with our ability to play possession football be the ideal team to defend leads and indeed build on them. In this department he's getting it badly wrong.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Monks tactics on 00:55 - Oct 26 with 1342 viewsSS2013

Monks tactics on 22:41 - Oct 25 by ScoobyWho

Ok, well, I'm just putting my view over, if you wish to take it off here, your more than welcome, otherwise ignore me or better still grow a pair and enter the discussion.

Like I said, 6th, best prem start, he can't be doing to badly surely ?

Monks tactics on 00:56 - Oct 26 with 1337 viewsNeathJack

Monks tactics on 23:53 - Oct 25 by ymaohyd

In my opinion the OP is spot on.

I'm very much in the Garry Monk fan club (I point that out as I'm sure there will always be plenty who aren't and that's fair enough), however I'm surprised as to how well GM is doing in many ways and disappointed in others. The 'others' I'd suggest are 1) - the lack of fight at times in midfield, something that was evident last week, I said that at the time and I must be honest I didn't fancy us today.

The other area is, as many have highlighted is game management. I'm really surprised at this as GM highlighted when he took over, that particularly at home, we needed (compared to how we played towards the end of ML's tenure), to impose ourselves on the opposition. To be fair he's been true to his word, however having gone ahead in so many games, we should, with our ability to play possession football be the ideal team to defend leads and indeed build on them. In this department he's getting it badly wrong.

Leon.
Monks tactics on 02:43 - Oct 26 with 1231 viewsCatullus

We definitely have second half issues, we don't start well after the break. Took us a while to get going again.
But we're doing ok for it. Hopefully they'll work on it and improve. But a quality CDM is badly needed. I'll be happy to see Leon back.
Carroll is definitely not up to it (cdm) and goes backwards too much.
I thought Ki did very well and Taylor improved again. Montego worked hard and so did Fernández, both good buys. Was good to see Bony running at defenders too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Monks tactics on 03:07 - Oct 26 with 1215 viewsjack247

I thought we were a lot better second half today. Not just because we won and Leicester weren't great. Apart from the first few minutes of the second half, we didn't really try to sit on our lead until we were 2 up. Even then the game was fairly open, which suits us more than most opponents.
Monks tactics on 07:03 - Oct 26 with 1089 viewsmonmouth

Monks tactics on 22:30 - Oct 25 by SS2013

6th and won 2-0 and still moaning! get A GRIP!

"Still" ? moaning.

Are you incapable of discussing the substantive point which has nothing to do with 'moaning'? I know we are 6th in the prem, I put it in my post. Do you think giving the ball and the initiative away and sitting back five yards will work against Arsenal, Everton and City? Discuss the point, or butt out, rather than waving your internet dick around.

Monks tactics on 07:18 - Oct 26 with 1064 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I don't think it's necessarily the second half performances in isolation mate. Every time we go a goal up the players seem to invite the opposition to have a go and if Leicester had been able to offer anything going forward we would have no doubt conceded. A win is a win but we simply have to get out of sight against teams this poor. And attack is definitely the best form of defence anyway.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monks tactics on 07:25 - Oct 26 with 1040 viewsmonmouth

Monks tactics on 07:18 - Oct 26 by Brynmill_Jack

I don't think it's necessarily the second half performances in isolation mate. Every time we go a goal up the players seem to invite the opposition to have a go and if Leicester had been able to offer anything going forward we would have no doubt conceded. A win is a win but we simply have to get out of sight against teams this poor. And attack is definitely the best form of defence anyway.

Aye, we went into 'negative mode' as soon as we scored. Just for our other friend, I couldn't be happier about our results and current points total, and I do think we will get better. It's just the mindset that we seem to be adopting as a default. I actually think we could have won at Chelsea if we hadn't retreated. We had them by the throat and they didn't know what to do until we said 'here boys, have the initiative'. Too simplistic? Almost certainly, but I think it's been an issue in all our games so far except WBA.

Monks tactics on 07:31 - Oct 26 with 1021 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monks tactics on 07:25 - Oct 26 by monmouth

Aye, we went into 'negative mode' as soon as we scored. Just for our other friend, I couldn't be happier about our results and current points total, and I do think we will get better. It's just the mindset that we seem to be adopting as a default. I actually think we could have won at Chelsea if we hadn't retreated. We had them by the throat and they didn't know what to do until we said 'here boys, have the initiative'. Too simplistic? Almost certainly, but I think it's been an issue in all our games so far except WBA.

I agree about being happy about the league position though like you said about Chelsea we could be even better of with a few more points gained which were there for us IMHO .
That's the frustrating part !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monks tactics on 07:50 - Oct 26 with 969 viewsbermudajack

Monks tactics on 07:03 - Oct 26 by monmouth

"Still" ? moaning.

Are you incapable of discussing the substantive point which has nothing to do with 'moaning'? I know we are 6th in the prem, I put it in my post. Do you think giving the ball and the initiative away and sitting back five yards will work against Arsenal, Everton and City? Discuss the point, or butt out, rather than waving your internet dick around.

I think it's slightly misleading as In the last few games we've either just conceded before halftime (which obviously gives game impitous to opposition) or we have a slender lead (where the opposition manager would stress the importance of opening up the game to get back on equal terms)
We have two deep sitting midfielders in front of the back four, one of which can spring forward to join in attack when needed. This is a more cautious approach than ML & BR and the problem is it invites the opposition onto us, they control the game & we wait to catch them on the break with our speedy wingers etc. (our stats this season proves this to be the case)
Yesterday Leicester had more possession and shots on goal than us, Fabianski in the second half was certainly way too busy for my liking, I felt generally there was a lack of pressure on the ball from both Ki & Shelvey in the second half especially around our penalty area.
On the positives...
Monk in his post match interview was certainly not happy with our second half performance
Monterro was a constant threat and great outlet when under the cosh.
Bony looks like the beast of last season, his touches are breathtaking at times.
Gylfi's vision for the killer pass is sublime - shame he didn't look fit from the off for me yesterday
Fabianski is without doubt the best goalkeeper I've seen in a swans shirt (sorry Roger) that double save 😳😳😳
A good 3 points overall 👍👍👍

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Monks tactics on 07:56 - Oct 26 with 947 viewsmonmouth

Ha ha. You mean Monk was 'still moaning'??

Monks tactics on 08:04 - Oct 26 with 914 viewsVetchitBack

Much as some have stated as a Monk fan I agree with the OP.

It's as if our first goal is a signal for us to forget every thing we know about possession, attack being the best form of defence etc

Baffling as under Garry we're great until the first goal goes in. Surely hes not that blind or that stupid.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Monks tactics on 08:10 - Oct 26 with 883 viewsScoobyWho

I too am a convert regards Monk but MOTD are highlighting poor Sunderland defending at the edge and with their area whilst Arsenal played around them and across the box. Leicester were allowed to do this yesterday and better teams, like Arsenal will punish us severely. Yes we have to defend but not after damaging a team like we did Leicester and rubbing them in to the ground, especially so we hang on and frustrate the whole stadium when there is no need. thats just pure madness.

There is simply no need for it.

Monks tactics on 08:17 - Oct 26 with 848 viewsStarsky

Monks tactics on 08:04 - Oct 26 by VetchitBack

Much as some have stated as a Monk fan I agree with the OP.

It's as if our first goal is a signal for us to forget every thing we know about possession, attack being the best form of defence etc

Baffling as under Garry we're great until the first goal goes in. Surely hes not that blind or that stupid.

I don't think it is Monk. We just seem to take the foot off the gas after we go ahead.
The main difference is that the ball gets passed back 20-30 yards even when we're in the final third.
Maybe The captain should be orchestrating our continuation of pressurising our opponents.

It's just the internet, init.

Monks tactics on 08:19 - Oct 26 with 836 viewsVetchitBack

Maybe it's his defender instinct of "keep it tight" after we score but he seriously needs to apply the same critical faculty towards his tactics after we go a goal up that he does to refereeing incompetence.

It depresses me to type it but the ghosts of Palace and WBA home last year still loom large.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 8:21]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024