Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interstellar 00:12 - Nov 11 with 519 viewsC_jack

Any opinions from those who've seen it?

Thoroughly enjoyed it, rarely does it drag for it's running time while remaining visually stunning, with superb performances from Hatheway and McConaughey

However, at the moment I'm indecisive over where it stands as one of the greats. I couldn't help but feel it missed something that could have turned an outstanding film, into something truly special., something I can't put my finger on.

Summary - A solid 9/10, more than worth going to see.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Interstellar on 09:51 - Nov 11 with 441 viewsDyfnant

SMALL SPOILER ALERT
Turns a bit stupid with the bookcase bit in the last 30 minutes. The near 3 hours did go quick though but it was difficult to hear at times as they were almost whispering with back ground noise and some loner prick in front answered his phone and started having a convo

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Interstellar on 15:48 - Nov 12 with 349 viewsC_jack

Interstellar on 09:51 - Nov 11 by Dyfnant

SMALL SPOILER ALERT
Turns a bit stupid with the bookcase bit in the last 30 minutes. The near 3 hours did go quick though but it was difficult to hear at times as they were almost whispering with back ground noise and some loner prick in front answered his phone and started having a convo

I think that's what got me as well, turned the story on it's head. I managed to keep up (ish) with the dialogue concerning the science of it all, but it lost me at that point, even though it was fairly obvious that was the direction in which they were going.

If you watch Doctor Who, knowing that time is 'wibbly wobbly' helps though

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Interstellar on 17:19 - Nov 12 with 308 viewsjacabertawe

Interstellar on 09:51 - Nov 11 by Dyfnant

SMALL SPOILER ALERT

I agree. My wife has difficulty hearing with a lot of "background" noise and was looking baffled. Having said that, my hearing is fine and I also had difficulty in parts.
I think it dragged for the last half hour or so and lost some credibility with the aforementioned scenes. See the IMDB site for the significant goofs found!
Brilliant special effects, but not a classic SF film for me - and I am a huge SF fan.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024