Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daily star -gomis 22:45 - Dec 22 with 1925 viewsGeoffThom

Daily star saying that palace are close to securing him on a loan as they don't want to pay the 7 mill fee in January as they think they'll get him cheaper this way ,I know I'm getting old but feck me im I not getting this if true ?
Ps its on news now
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 22:46]
Daily star -gomis on 22:47 - Dec 22 with 1903 viewsPozuelosSideys

Could sort of understand it if it was for a fee on a perm deal.

There is absolutely no upside in a loan deal for us. None at all. Surely needs to be filed under bollux?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Daily star -gomis on 22:58 - Dec 22 with 1809 viewscaerleon_jack

Daily star -gomis on 22:47 - Dec 22 by PozuelosSideys

There is absolutely no upside in a loan deal for us. None at all. Surely needs to be filed under bollux?

He's very much second fiddle to Bony, only had three starts, when he comes on its for 5-10 minutes at the most. He's potentially one of our biggest earners (as last year he was valued the same as Bony and this year he was 'free'), *if* he's kicking up a fuss behind the scenes then I could understand that maybe we are looking to bring someone in cheaper who can play the same role and have Gomis' wages off the books. Pure speculation, but it's the only thing that would make sense if this Palace story were true. I know the ACN is only a couple of weeks away but there is no guarantee how long Bony will be away for and you would assume that unless Bafe scored a goal a game in that time, Bony will be straight back in the team afterwards.

Insert something witty here

Daily star -gomis on 22:58 - Dec 22 with 1805 viewsorion3016

Daily star -gomis on 22:47 - Dec 22 by PozuelosSideys

Unless he is really unhappy and told Gary so. There's a balance between keeping an unhappy player and making sure we get the right deal. Preferably if he's going we'd keep until the end of January so at least we get the most cover for wilf

Be over there now after

Daily star -gomis on 23:03 - Dec 22 with 1768 viewsPozuelosSideys

True. If hes being a pain in the ass behind the scenes (didnt somebody post something about his twitter the other day?) then maybe.

My concern would be though that he is on big coin as you say, and to not break the wage structure we would have paid him a lump sum up front. We stand to lose that if there is no fee coming back from Palace.

Id really rather not lose him as we have no other strikers when Bony is away/gets injured.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Daily star -gomis on 23:07 - Dec 22 with 1730 viewsParlay

£7 million would be decent if we can get it.

Ive made my feelings clear on the fact that in my opinion he was always supposed to be our number 1 striker this year, but Wilf ended up staying. We now have two strikers on huge money and yet only one can play at any given time.

Its not out if the question at all we could be looking to offload him now Wilf has signed an extension and pick up another striker with the transfer fee but on a lot less money. I think the package to bring Bafe here was £17m over the length of his contract - eye watering.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 23:09]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Daily star -gomis on 23:33 - Dec 22 with 1617 viewsmax936

Daily star -gomis on 23:07 - Dec 22 by Parlay

£7 million would be decent if we can get it.

Ive made my feelings clear on the fact that in my opinion he was always supposed to be our number 1 striker this year, but Wilf ended up staying. We now have two strikers on huge money and yet only one can play at any given time.

Its not out if the question at all we could be looking to offload him now Wilf has signed an extension and pick up another striker with the transfer fee but on a lot less money. I think the package to bring Bafe here was £17m over the length of his contract - eye watering.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 23:09]

According to yesterdays Sunday Mirror, which I saw in work today, he's very much in Monk's plans, he said that he's a massive talent and he's a very capable striker and he's gonna be using him a lot more over the Christmas period in readiness for Wilf's trip to the ANC, so unless that's all smoke and mirrors I can't see him going anywhere. Happy Days.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 23:35]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Daily star -gomis on 23:51 - Dec 22 with 1542 viewslonglostjack

I have no idea but this story doesn't make much sense to me - loan move to Palace? His Twitter comments seemed pretty positive to me - unless wishing his former club Lyon good luck can be construed as disloyal.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Daily star -gomis on 01:14 - Dec 23 with 1396 viewsGlyn1

Whereas according to today's London Evening Standard, "Crystal Palace are considering signing Arsenal's Yaya Sanogo on loan for the 2nd half of the season. Arsenal are prepared to let the 21-year-old striker leave ona temporary basis in order to get more first-team football."

That makes a lot more sense to me.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

Daily star -gomis on 07:01 - Dec 23 with 1189 viewsMattG

Daily star -gomis on 23:51 - Dec 22 by longlostjack

I have no idea but this story doesn't make much sense to me - loan move to Palace? His Twitter comments seemed pretty positive to me - unless wishing his former club Lyon good luck can be construed as disloyal.

Michu used to bang on about Oviedo almost constantly......:whistle:
[Post edited 23 Dec 2014 7:04]
Daily star -gomis on 07:24 - Dec 23 with 1162 viewsQuakerJack

Loaning him out in January with Wilf away leaving us with no strikers, then going into the inflated January market to try and get two strikers as cover (as we'll have none) would make Laudrup's gamble on not replacing Graham seem sensible.

If he goes, sell him and get Jordan Rhodes, his crisis ridden club will sell no problem.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Daily star -gomis on 07:35 - Dec 23 with 1149 viewsJohnw102

What happened to all the talk about Joel Campbell coming on loan?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024