Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? 21:05 - Jan 17 with 7728 viewsFerrieBodde

For £8m he certainly hasn't proven his worth at all thus far. Frankly, I don't know why even bought him when we already had Amat and Bartley, and he hasn't performed better than them either in my opinion.

It's not just today. I don't like to use the term "flat track bully," but Fernandez seems to only perform well against bad teams, and even then, he's prone to making mistakes. Remember that horrible "clearance" he made which went straight to Fer and resulted in him scoring in the QPR game the other week?

I have no idea why Monk felt the need to shell out £8m on a position we already had covered. That money should have been spent on a position we actually really need help in and completely lack--a defensive midfielder.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2015 21:06]
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 21:08 - Jan 17 with 4606 viewsthereisnospoon

yeah mate, he's been very shaky. i'm not very comfortable with him in our back four
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 21:12 - Jan 17 with 4577 viewsKilkennyjack

I like him

Beware of the Risen People

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 21:13 - Jan 17 with 4571 viewspencoedjack

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 21:08 - Jan 17 by thereisnospoon

yeah mate, he's been very shaky. i'm not very comfortable with him in our back four

What a load of fuking bollocks
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 21:13 - Jan 17 with 4570 viewsTrundle10

been pretty impressed with him to be honest. was poor today tho along with everybody else
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 21:13 - Jan 17 with 4561 viewslifelong

I disagree.

He didn't play well today and made a dreadful mistake for the third goal, but he's a quality player.
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 21:15 - Jan 17 with 4535 viewsmagicdaps10

Forget what happened today becuase all of the were poor today.

He is a class act.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 21:16 - Jan 17 with 4534 viewsjeza739

They were all shit today and FF had his capt alongside him who should have been taken off long before the end. Must have felt like King Canute! Someone on here will say they would have Chico back next!
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 21:26 - Jan 17 with 4469 viewsJBT95

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 21:16 - Jan 17 by jeza739

They were all shit today and FF had his capt alongside him who should have been taken off long before the end. Must have felt like King Canute! Someone on here will say they would have Chico back next!

Yeah you are right, somebody will say bring Chico the cock back!

Fernandez has been class all season. Forget today.
Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 21:27 - Jan 17 with 4467 viewshobo

Decent player, but not worth £8m. Wasn't a regular at Napoli so no idea why we shelled out so much
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 21:32 - Jan 17 with 4433 viewsjack247

I thought he had a great game last week, yes I know he got turned and stood off Carroll for the goal, but did a great job on him in the air.

None of our centre backs are built to deal with clever little interplay from Hazard, Oscar, Fabregas etc. luckily we don't have to deal with players like that very often
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 21:54 - Jan 17 with 4373 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Fernandez has a tendency to day dream and just completely leave his marker. Not only that, but he made dangerous back pass after dangerous back pass in the QPR game, so it was only a matter of time a calamity like the one today happened.

Come on you Swans.

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:20 - Jan 17 with 4305 viewsveng9

He's been fantastic. He needs protection though. For example Terry had Matic today and Fernandez had Tom Carroll. If one of the best teams in the world have a DM then I think we'd be arrogant to think we don't.
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:25 - Jan 17 with 4274 viewsLeonisGod

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:20 - Jan 17 by veng9

He's been fantastic. He needs protection though. For example Terry had Matic today and Fernandez had Tom Carroll. If one of the best teams in the world have a DM then I think we'd be arrogant to think we don't.

Spot on. Very little protection with Dwight labouring to get back and Sygi and Carrol often both going further forward than leon ever would. He was totally exposed. Quality player imo.
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:26 - Jan 17 with 4271 viewspencoedjack

OMG slagging off our best centre half

Incredible
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:28 - Jan 17 with 4250 viewsHighjack

The back four were left continuously exposed by our lack of any sort of midfield.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:31 - Jan 17 with 4235 viewsmorningstar

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:26 - Jan 17 by pencoedjack

OMG slagging off our best centre half

Incredible

But there was something in the air tonight,
The stars were bright.
Fernand....... I'm outta here!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:40 - Jan 17 with 4207 viewsUplandsJack

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:28 - Jan 17 by Highjack

The back four were left continuously exposed by our lack of any sort of midfield.

This exactly...
Garry got it very, very wrong today. Learn and move on I suppose....
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 23:04 - Jan 17 with 4163 viewsjack247

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:40 - Jan 17 by UplandsJack

This exactly...
Garry got it very, very wrong today. Learn and move on I suppose....

With Chelsea in that kind of form, we wouldn't have won anyway, but losing Leon from a midfield already missing Ki and Shelvey, with Gylfi playing out of position and carrying a knock was a hammer blow.

The midfield didn't sheild the defence at all, but with the players available, I can't think what else Garry could have done. Amat in DM position maybe?
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 23:08 - Jan 17 with 4151 viewslibertyjack22

I have watched him closely and to be honest he's just average imo....
last 3 games...mistake QPR with Fer scoring
Wet Spam should have cleared Carroll's chest down before he scored
Today....well schoolboy stuff with the passback

Certainly not worth the money we shelled out in my opinion...has had good games for us but is far too error prone to be consistant enough to be called class.

No 1 .......Swansea City Wales' Premier Football Club

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 23:08 - Jan 17 with 4149 viewsforkbeard

Comes across as a another Chico Flores without the lunacy. Has the ability to be a solid defender but makes glorious f*ck ups a bit too often (at the moment, anyway).
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 23:16 - Jan 17 with 4121 viewsBobJack

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 23:08 - Jan 17 by libertyjack22

I have watched him closely and to be honest he's just average imo....
last 3 games...mistake QPR with Fer scoring
Wet Spam should have cleared Carroll's chest down before he scored
Today....well schoolboy stuff with the passback

Certainly not worth the money we shelled out in my opinion...has had good games for us but is far too error prone to be consistant enough to be called class.

Agree, expect better from an 8 million Argentinian international.

Not just today though, been saying for last month -

He struggles to direct his headers to a Swans player, often kicks ball long to opposition when under no pressure.

I appreciate time to adapt to Prem, but some of this is football basics at this level.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 23:18 - Jan 17 with 4108 viewsVetchitBack

Not as bad as this thread but not as good as the crowing on here either.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 23:34 - Jan 17 with 4064 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 21:13 - Jan 17 by Trundle10

been pretty impressed with him to be honest. was poor today tho along with everybody else

yep, me too
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 23:47 - Jan 17 with 4041 viewsDr_Winston

Got obvious ability but getting a bit of a free ride at the minute. Both Bartley and Amat can consider themselves unlucky to be unceremoniously kicked to the curb to accommodate him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 15:55 - Feb 7 with 3825 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Can't believe he cost us 8m. He really screwed up right there for the Defoe goal just now.

Come on you Swans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024